Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Industry should SHAME the HW divison into action.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BGv2.0
You know with Johnson's recent outing with Vitali.....I'm wondering if the Industry could just go ahead and make a total farce out of the HW division and hopefully shame all HW fighters into action.

We could have Buffer announce "Let's get ready to STUMBLLLLLEEEE"

Lennon Jr....."AND Now it's NAP TIMMMMMEEEEE"

"In this corner he has a record of 55 boring wins, only 3 ugly ko defeats, 2 painful boring draws and 5 of those wins coming by way of unremarkable KO"

Chris "every refridgerators nightmare" Arreola.

David "the two-a fights every five years man" Tua

Wlad "the Steel Scammer" Klitchko....

I know it's lame....but I'm at the bottom of the barrel for ideas on how to make these guys actually show the same drive and determination that we saw in the 80's and 90s.
Maxy
Winner takes all, loser gets a public stoning.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Dec 18 2009, 01:56 PM) *
You know with Johnson's recent outing with Vitali.....I'm wondering if the Industry could just go ahead and make a total farce out of the HW division and hopefully shame all HW fighters into action.

We could have Buffer announce "Let's get ready to STUMBLLLLLEEEE"

Lennon Jr....."AND Now it's NAP TIMMMMMEEEEE"

"In this corner he has a record of 55 boring wins, only 3 ugly ko defeats, 2 painful boring draws and 5 of those wins coming by way of unremarkable KO"

Chris "every refridgerators nightmare" Arreola.

David "the two-a fights every five years man" Tua

Wlad "the Steel Scammer" Klitchko....

I know it's lame....but I'm at the bottom of the barrel for ideas on how to make these guys actually show the same drive and determination that we saw in the 80's and 90s.

to me the problem is that there are just not enough enough quality fighters to make that happen.. johnson fought a fight like he was happy just to say he made it the distance.. i could be wrong but johnson looked done when vitali took his shades off his head... just saying.. arreola showed more heart in his fight... it could be that those boys are JUST too big... the fighter to really get in there and beat those guys will have the build of a lennox lewis or a big daddy bowe... big solid heavyweights that can deal with that size fighter.. thats my opinion.. and the closest guy right now might be povetkin... and to me hes questionable...
Jack 1000
The problem is that other than the Klitschko's, who represent a very weak best of what's out there, the heavyweight division is already shamed. Even if the brother's unify against each other, they could wind up showing too much respect for each other and not doing shit for 12-rounds.

Unifications against Haye? Well, if Haye fights like he did Valuev, we are still in trouble. The WBA's ever-sick germ infested pool of heavyweight shits: Ruiz, Chegneav, and Valuev.

Arreola is too fat to be competitive. Pillsbury Doughboys can't fight.

It is sad that 50 going on 80 something Holyfield still thinks he can win and unify the heavyweight titles. Consider what's out there, and the lack of effort put forth by these fighters, perhaps he could still be competitive. Maybe even win a belt.

Jack
AussieLad
You can't even hope for a tourney at heavy, because two of the key guys wont ever fight each other.

My suggestion would be to make the use of steroids legal in the heavyweight division only, to ramp up some aggression, then let them smoke some ice before each fighter makes their ring entrance.
Lil-lightsout
There is just no more real desire in heavyweights anymore, only a select few take there craft seriously. I personally think money has a lot to do with the problem.
alaganza
The Heavies do a real good job of shaming themselves. Look at some of the contenders/title holders over the past few years. There is very little skill and even less excitement.

That's part of the reason we have so many little guys move up to heavyweight nowadays. They see what we see. It's safe to move up from lightheavy straight to heavyweight and have a reasonable amount of success.

When the talent pool dictates that smaller guys can move and not only contend for but win titles, the heavyweights have already shamed themselves.
AussieLad
Except that there is a major roadblock in the klitschko's. The littlies may be able to compete with most of the other contenders, but when it comes to getting a belt off the klits, they dont have much of a chance
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 18 2009, 04:35 PM) *
You can't even hope for a tourney at heavy, because two of the key guys wont ever fight each other.

My suggestion would be to make the use of steroids legal in the heavyweight division only, to ramp up some aggression, then let them smoke some ice before each fighter makes their ring entrance.

that would make things worse... lol... can you imagine the klits being able to roid without restriction and fight?... those boys would run through the other steroid monkeys like a hot knife going through butter... the problem is is that they are allready good heavyweights... and been good since the late 90's, and they dont have anyone their size that can dal with what they are dishing out... attheend of the day size matters unless you truley have the goods... they have fought guys that had the size and weight been equal would have given them good fights such as thompson and even johnson... they are just too big for the crop thats out there... if the division had guys the size of lennox or bowe the division would be a lot better... in my opinion....
BigG
I hope Haye knocks Vitali the fuck out and puts him in retirement...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 19 2009, 12:55 PM) *
I hope Haye knocks Vitali the fuck out and puts him in retirement...

i agree... the heavies wont get boosted off unless one of the klits at least get knocked off the roost... but damn whos gonna do it?.... in my opinion hayes style will lead him to a knock out loss.... i could be wrong... i just keep thinking that barret had him hurt so either klit should be able to take him out as well... it seems that he would have a better chance vs wladimir but you never know i guess... it would be damn cool if he could beat one of those boys...
JonnysTrainer
Arreola has really big breasts and he is fiery like all mexican woman, but his breasts unfortunately are the only thing going for him. Jonny has been working on that Archie hook I have been teaching him and the footwork of Benny Leonard. When I decide Jonathon is ready to jump in, he will be raising the standard of heavyweight boxing. He will not come in looking like a mature soft Mexican woman, he will be built manly and who knows, he may have a moustache or beard by then which will just be the icing on the cake.
He is pretty much being built as a fighting machine. A face as tough as sand paper thanks to the bull piss and his hands are literally like stone. Punching soaked beans in a bucket of sub-zero temperature water and crushed ice at 5am has prepared him for just about everything. Soon he will be taking the next step of toughening those hands when he starts taking shots at my chin. Moving along well son. See you at sunrise junior.
caneman
QUOTE (JonnysTrainer @ Dec 21 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Arreola has really big breasts and he is fiery like all mexican woman, but his breasts unfortunately are the only thing going for him. Jonny has been working on that Archie hook I have been teaching him and the footwork of Benny Leonard. When I decide Jonathon is ready to jump in, he will be raising the standard of heavyweight boxing. He will not come in looking like a mature soft Mexican woman, he will be built manly and who knows, he may have a moustache or beard by then which will just be the icing on the cake.
He is pretty much being built as a fighting machine. A face as tough as sand paper thanks to the bull piss and his hands are literally like stone. Punching soaked beans in a bucket of sub-zero temperature water and crushed ice at 5am has prepared him for just about everything. Soon he will be taking the next step of toughening those hands when he starts taking shots at my chin. Moving along well son. See you at sunrise junior.

A real HW sure would be nice to see so I sure would love to see it! So hurry the hell up & bring it PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE! friends.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.