Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's up with Roy
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
alaganza
Is Roy planning to fight on or is he done? I haven't heard a peep from Roy since the fight with Green. I was hoping one of you guys would have some info.
provo
I hope he Retires! Thanks for the memories and the highlights but its time to hang them up!
kingknockout
QUOTE (alaganza @ Dec 19 2009, 10:20 PM) *
Is Roy planning to fight on or is he done? I haven't heard a peep from Roy since the fight with Green. I was hoping one of you guys would have some info.

laugh.gif I heard he told ol Sante to send him a new chin for Xmas, be patient, he aint get it in the mail yet.
AussieLad
He's been claiming green cheated, illegal hand wraps, and that the blow that stopped him was illegal

The guy is delusional and needs to retire
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 20 2009, 04:20 AM) *
He's been claiming green cheated, illegal hand wraps, and that the blow that stopped him was illegal

Serious? I have tried to like this cunt but he just seems to make me hate him more & more.
D-MARV
I guess Green hit him harder than we thought.
AussieLad
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 20 2009, 05:28 AM) *
I guess Green hit him harder than we thought.

Thats what green said lol

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...5009280,00.html
alaganza
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 19 2009, 11:20 PM) *

Wow that is odd. I heard he was pretty gracious in defeat. That was the last thing I heard from the post fight interview. I guess I should have known.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 19 2009, 08:27 PM) *
Serious? I have tried to like this cunt but he just seems to make me hate him more & more.

Yeah I posted about this before but the thread was removed. Jones is alleging the wraps were illegal and that he was hit with "a cast". *shrugs*
AussieLad
Green has always been a vicious power puncher, not the sort of guy that needs an edge in that dept
STEVENSKI
Well Roy was always a piece of shit. Fuck him & fuck his mother. Hey fuckhead the fight would not have been stopped if you returned fire you chicken hearted chinless cunt. Go back to playing with the cocks like you always have Roy.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 20 2009, 12:23 AM) *
Well Roy was always a piece of shit. Fuck him & fuck his mother. Hey fuckhead the fight would not have been stopped if you returned fire you chicken hearted chinless cunt. Go back to playing with the cocks like you always have Roy.

Put a sock in it Steve...

xxxxxx
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 20 2009, 12:33 AM) *

Agreed. Anyone who calls Roy heartless is blind. I think the man has too much heart for his own good.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 20 2009, 06:33 AM) *

What is this Roy marketting his cross legged crunch DVD?

Just like Roid I can't be stopped & won't be stopped. He is the chicken hearted punk making up shit about his loss to Danny Green. I wish they had let it go so Green could have permanantly disbled him. Roy is like a sick animal & needs to be put down.

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 20 2009, 07:00 AM) *
Agreed. Anyone who calls Roy heartless is blind. I think the man has too much heart for his own good.

Never called him heartless here just chicken hearted which is to say he has never displayed much heart.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 20 2009, 03:12 AM) *
Are you serious? I can maybe accept if someone says that it's bullshit saying his heartless, but to then go to the other extreme and say he has "too much heart for his own good" is going way too far. I think that is further off the mark than saying he has absolutely no heart.

Myself and everyone saw the 3rd Tarver fight. This is not the face of a guy who has "too much heart for his own good"

In that fight, half way through the fight was probably dead even. Jones folded and instead of trying to win the fight, he just tried to survive the fight. He fought it as if lasting 12 rounds was a victory in itself for him.

First of all...most men who step into the ring and put their life on the line have heart.

Secondly...Jones has proven in his career he has tremendous heart time and time again. I'm not a Roy fan, but I can give credit where it is do. Jones has attempted to pull himself from the canvas when it was probably best to just stay there.It irritates me when the fans of the sport call these fighters heartless and try to analyze why they think that. It's ignorance.
Fitz
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 20 2009, 06:30 PM) *
First of all...most men who step into the ring and put their life on the line have heart.

Secondly...Jones has proven in his career he has tremendous heart time and time again. I'm not a Roy fan, but I can give credit where it is do. Jones has attempted to pull himself from the canvas when it was probably best to just stay there.It irritates me when the fans of the sport call these fighters heartless and try to analyze why they think that. It's ignorance.

I see you are another one of those guys who think anyone that steps into the ring makes them have heart. Yeah compared to the average Joe they have heart for stepping into the ring. But please compare them to their peers, with guys like Gatti being the benchmark for heart. When you have guys like that, I'm sorry that description you gave doesn't fit Jones. So Golota and Ortiz have heart as well I suppose according to you.
I'm sorry, when I think of fighters who have too much heart for there own good. I think of guys like Gatti, Morales, Holyfield, Mosley and Hagler. I'm sorry, Jones does not belong in the same league as them and not even remotely close. It's actually an insult to fighters like these to say Jones has "too much heart for his own good". If that's the case, what the hell do you say about the other guys?
Like I said, I could accept if you just told someone that it's bullshit to say Jones is heartless, but please don't ever describe him as if he was a warrior.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 20 2009, 02:43 AM) *
I see you are another one of those guys who think anyone that steps into the ring makes them have heart. Yeah compared to the average Joe they have heart for stepping into the ring. But please compare them to their peers, with guys like Gatti being the benchmark for heart. When you have guys like that, I'm sorry that description you gave doesn't fit Jones. So Golota and Ortiz have heart as well I suppose according to you.
I'm sorry, when I think of fighters who have too much heart for there own good. I think of guys like Gatti, Morales, Holyfield, Mosley and Hagler. I'm sorry, Jones does not belong in the same league as them and not even remotely close. It's actually an insult to fighters like these to say Jones has "too much heart for his own good". If that's the case, what the hell do you say about the other guys?
Like I said, I could accept if you just told someone that it's bullshit to say Jones is heartless, but please don't ever describe him as if he was a warrior.

Please read post before replying next time. I said MOST men who step into the ring have heart. I think bringing up Gatti here is a little unfair when comparing heart. Gatti may have more heart than any fighter of the last decade. You will have to accept whatever my opinion is Fitz...it's a message board. IMO Roy Jones has a lot of heart. The guy is over 40 yet still trains and gets himself in great shape when he doesn't have to fight anymore. Hes attempted to pick himself off the canvas when it was clear he was done. Once again, I'm not a Roy fan. I can't believe you got me defending him.haha. Mainly the reason I never rooted for Roy was because he beat a friend of my Families( Virgil Hill) several years back.
jvo1800
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 20 2009, 03:43 AM) *

I personally agree that Jones does have too much heart sometimes. If u know anything about boxing when Roy went up to heavyweight and then tried to shed all of that weight back down just to fight Tarver, that was pure HEART. That was the biggest mistake of Roy's career because you lose strength when you do that, plus he sat in the steam room for 8 hrs a day to lose weight and train at the same time. If u saw Chris Byrd's first fight back to light heavyweight from heavyweight a couple years ago you would see what im talking about or better yet when Tarver fought Hopkins after Tarver gained all of that weight for the Rocky movie. What did Byrd and Tarver have in common? They both looked slow and weak, so give Roy a break man.
Snoop
I think people here are confusing "ego" with "heart" when it comes to Roy Jones.
Maxy
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Dec 20 2009, 04:13 PM) *
I personally agree that Jones does have too much heart sometimes. If u know anything about boxing when Roy went up to heavyweight and then tried to shed all of that weight back down just to fight Tarver, that was pure HEART.

Your definition of heart is pretty warped.

Come on, when you think of fighters with great heart, Roy Jones doesn't spring to mind. I'm not a hater either, Jones was pure brilliance at one time, in my eyes, but his heart was never an attribute to brag about. His heart was never tested at his best and since his obvious decline, his fragile chin has negated the need for his heart to be a factor in any of his latter fights.

The comments Jones has made about Green's 'illegal' handwraps, further lowers my ever declining opinion of the man. He got spanked.

If he had any heart, any balls, any decency, he'd hold his hands up and admit, "I was surprised by Green, he got me, and he got me good."

OK, he hasn't gotten the backing from the majority of Americans on here for his bullshit claims about handwraps and the country he was boxing in, but it gets sickening, and fuckin' pathetic, the way Americans blame defeats on the basis that they were boxing abroad.

It's a global sport, America is losing its grip and that is life. Suck it up Roy. You're faded and right now I don't see any dominant American out there.

Shit is changing.
Fitz
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 21 2009, 07:34 AM) *
I think people here are confusing "ego" with "heart" when it comes to Roy Jones.

Thanks. You summed it up perfectly.

Like I said, when I think of fighters who have too much heart for their own good, I think of guys like Gatti, Morales, Holyfield, Corrales and so on. Not Roy Jones Jr.
D-MARV
As funny as it sounds Roy showed heart in all of his KO losses by his attempt to get back up. LOL

To say Ro is heartless is way off.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Dec 20 2009, 08:13 PM) *
I personally agree that Jones does have too much heart sometimes. If u know anything about boxing when Roy went up to heavyweight and then tried to shed all of that weight back down just to fight Tarver, that was pure HEART. That was the biggest mistake of Roy's career because you lose strength when you do that, plus he sat in the steam room for 8 hrs a day to lose weight and train at the same time. If u saw Chris Byrd's first fight back to light heavyweight from heavyweight a couple years ago you would see what im talking about or better yet when Tarver fought Hopkins after Tarver gained all of that weight for the Rocky movie. What did Byrd and Tarver have in common? They both looked slow and weak, so give Roy a break man.

We must have different definitions of heart. What Roy did is stupidity not a show of heart.

Heart is Gatti battered bleeding & crying but still begging to be allowed to fight.

Heart is Marquez climbing off the canvas 3 times in the first round to go the distance with Pac.

Heart is what Corrales & Castillo showed in their first fight.

Roy has not & never will show heart like that because he is not capable of doing so.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 20 2009, 04:34 PM) *

Snap.

I did read Roy's interview on BlahTalk after it was made free and the guy sounds seriously deluded. Or at the very least like a guy who is still trying to make his fight with Hopkins sound like a viable prospect.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 20 2009, 06:25 PM) *
As funny as it sounds Roy showed heart in all of his KO losses by his attempt to get back up. LOL

You're joking right? I sure hope you are because this would have to be the most asinine definition of heart I've ever read.
blackbelt2003
LMAO at Stevenski...junior haters, study his posts and one day you may be able to hate as well as the master.

On the real though, Roy has never been a 'blood n guts' type fighter, like Gatti, Holyfield or Corrales. He's never going to display heart in the way they did, but I'm not gonna say he's a chicken, either.

A chicken would have quit after the Tarver-Johnson fights, not come back for more punishment when it's clear you don't have it. And although Roy gave up winning the third Tarver fight, I actually thought he showed guts to come through the tenth round.

But I agree that Roy is not a guy you'd credit with being 'brave' or 'tough' in the ring, not compared to the names above, any way, the same as whilst Gatti is skillful, you'd never say he's got more skill than RJ Jr.

Black
jvo1800
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 20 2009, 06:47 PM) *
We must have different definitions of heart. What Roy did is stupidity not a show of heart.

Heart is Gatti battered bleeding & crying but still begging to be allowed to fight.

Heart is Marquez climbing off the canvas 3 times in the first round to go the distance with Pac.

Heart is what Corrales & Castillo showed in their first fight.

Roy has not & never will show heart like that because he is not capable of doing so.

Ok what about when Roy fought Tarver in that first fight and CLEARLY didnt have the stamina or strength to compete like he normally does and still pulled off a victory. That was the worse Roy ever looked and still won, and if u followed roy's career u would know he has always been one of the most well conditioned fighters out there. he stood in there and took a beating against (well alot of the shots were hitting his arms) the ropes all night long. Even more than that he went up to heavyweight to fight a guy who was 20 lbs heavier than he was and coulda probably got knock out by a jab. say what u want about John Ruiz but that takes alot of heart to fight a heavyweight especially when u came from starting ur career at 158. He also just got done fighting Calzaghe half of the fight with blood pouring in his eye and chose not to quit. I can go on and on cause i've seen every single Roy Jones fight.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 20 2009, 11:47 PM) *
Just how many human beings would you enjoy seeing permanently disabled, tough guy?

A number if I am honest. Most not fighters admittedly but really there is only one fighter I want to see permanatly disabled & that is Mayweather if I am really honest. There are a number I would like to see get beaten to a pulp but it is only Mayweather I really want to see bleeding from the ear & being strapped to a gurney with his kids screaming & Ellerbe crying knowing his meal ticket will be in a wheelchair.

This is not some lighthearted banter this is real undisguised hate & perhaps people would be better if they let theirs out a bit instead of bottling it up.
jvo1800
QUOTE (Maxy @ Dec 20 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Your definition of heart is pretty warped.

Come on, when you think of fighters with great heart, Roy Jones doesn't spring to mind. I'm not a hater either, Jones was pure brilliance at one time, in my eyes, but his heart was never an attribute to brag about. His heart was never tested at his best and since his obvious decline, his fragile chin has negated the need for his heart to be a factor in any of his latter fights.

The comments Jones has made about Green's 'illegal' handwraps, further lowers my ever declining opinion of the man. He got spanked.

If he had any heart, any balls, any decency, he'd hold his hands up and admit, "I was surprised by Green, he got me, and he got me good."

OK, he hasn't gotten the backing from the majority of Americans on here for his bullshit claims about handwraps and the country he was boxing in, but it gets sickening, and fuckin' pathetic, the way Americans blame defeats on the basis that they were boxing abroad.

It's a global sport, America is losing its grip and that is life. Suck it up Roy. You're faded and right now I don't see any dominant American out there.

Shit is changing.

Ok what about when Roy fought Tarver in that first fight and CLEARLY didnt have the stamina or strength to compete like he normally does and still pulled off a victory. That was the worse Roy ever looked and still won, and if u followed roy's career u would know he has always been one of the most well conditioned fighters out there. he stood in there and took a beating against (well alot of the shots were hitting his arms) the ropes all night long. Even more than that he went up to heavyweight to fight a guy who was 20 lbs heavier than he was and coulda probably got knock out by a jab. say what u want about John Ruiz but that takes alot of heart to fight a heavyweight especially when u came from starting ur career at 158. He also just got done fighting Calzaghe half of the fight with blood pouring in his eye and chose not to quit. I can go on and on cause i've seen every single Roy Jones fight.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Dec 21 2009, 12:03 AM) *

Cry me a river. Roy is so brave Roy is so strong & handsome & he is a damm fine rapper too. I am sure you have seen every one of Roy's fights too many times.

How about a reality check. Roy was a opportunist of the first order & rather than take on the true recognised champion at the time he chose a weak psuedo champion in Ruiz. Got the W & then left the division when the real champion called his punk ass out for a whipping he sorely deserved.

I do actually give him credit for finishing the Calzaghe fight but I think that had more to do with the fact that Calzaghe is such a total fraud & poor finisher rather than anything Roy actually did.
Fitz
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 21 2009, 09:25 AM) *

Getting back up is not a good definition to prove someone has "too much heart for their own good".
To say Roy is heartless could be off, but to make it out as if he is a warrior is off as well.

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Dec 21 2009, 11:03 AM) *
LMAO at Stevenski...junior haters, study his posts and one day you may be able to hate as well as the master.

On the real though, Roy has never been a 'blood n guts' type fighter, like Gatti, Holyfield or Corrales. He's never going to display heart in the way they did, but I'm not gonna say he's a chicken, either.

A chicken would have quit after the Tarver-Johnson fights, not come back for more punishment when it's clear you don't have it. And although Roy gave up winning the third Tarver fight, I actually thought he showed guts to come through the tenth round.

But I agree that Roy is not a guy you'd credit with being 'brave' or 'tough' in the ring, not compared to the names above, any way, the same as whilst Gatti is skillful, you'd never say he's got more skill than RJ Jr.

Black

Well said. I can live with someone dismissing Jones as heartless, but please. People don't go to the other lengths and describe him as a guy with "too much heart for his own good".
One thing I disagree with is Jones showing heart in the 3rd fight with Tarver. That was probably the biggest fight of his career and could have been the most defining. This was round 5 of Tarver-Jones III

After 6 rounds, the fight was in the balance and Jones had all the momentum and in a poisition to win. After that, he literally stopped everything he was doing. He wasn't even hurt at any point up until then for him to go in a shell. He was in his most defining fight of his career and possibly the most important. He went into a shell, and just went on to survive and lose a decision rather than go out on his shield, dig deep and try and win it. He was in a winnable position half way through and he LITERALLY gave it away.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 20 2009, 04:41 PM) *
That said, I cannot think of any fighter that I would like to see disabled, including PBF. I think that Floyd is in your head. I don't especially like him but I respect the fact that he lives life on his own terms, which cannot be said for most of us.

It's just Stevenski. He likes to talk shit about people, is all. Sometimes it seems like he loves to say the most outrageous things to get reactions, even when he doesn't really seem to realize what he's saying, but hey....we all have our schtick that we abide by.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 20 2009, 07:29 PM) *
After 6 rounds, the fight was in the balance and Jones had all the momentum and in a poisition to win. After that, he literally stopped everything he was doing. He wasn't even hurt at any point up until then for him to go in a shell. He was in his most defining fight of his career and possibly the most important. He went into a shell, and just went on to survive and lose a decision rather than go out on his shield, dig deep and try and win it. He was in a winnable position half way through and he LITERALLY gave it away.

Hey hey Fitz you must remember he threw that fight away on purpose because he didn't want his dad to get all the credit. laugh.gif
neophyte7
WHO CARES about Roy Jones... he stinks. people inflate his place in history and he is a laughing stock.... pathetic cowardly bitch that was exposed after Tarver cracked his china chin. Fuck Roy Jones and his overrated place in boxing history...
jvo1800
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 20 2009, 07:18 PM) *
Cry me a river. Roy is so brave Roy is so strong & handsome & he is a damm fine rapper too. I am sure you have seen every one of Roy's fights too many times.

How about a reality check. Roy was a opportunist of the first order & rather than take on the true recognised champion at the time he chose a weak psuedo champion in Ruiz. Got the W & then left the division when the real champion called his punk ass out for a whipping he sorely deserved.

I do actually give him credit for finishing the Calzaghe fight but I think that had more to do with the fact that Calzaghe is such a total fraud & poor finisher rather than anything Roy actually did.

ok i have two questions, where was Tarver when Roy was still knocking guys out in the early 2000's? He didnt call Roy out then. Secondly if u went up to heavyweight from light heavyweight, would u go straight to the top ranked heavyweight? Thats like coming from 175 into the heavyweight division and trying to fight one of the Klitscko(or however the hell u spell their name) brothers. By the way Ruiz did beat James Toney during that time so he wasnt a bum.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 20 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Getting back up is not a good definition to prove someone has "too much heart for their own good".
To say Roy is heartless could be off, but to make it out as if he is a warrior is off as well.

Who said that he was a warrior? I said Roy was NOT heartless. Roy had heart. But for most of his career he really didn't have to display his heart.
Fitz
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Dec 21 2009, 11:47 AM) *
Hey hey Fitz you must remember he threw that fight away on purpose because he didn't want his dad to get all the credit. laugh.gif

Haha. I forgot about that one.

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Dec 21 2009, 12:21 PM) *
By the way Ruiz did beat James Toney during that time so he wasnt a bum.

No he didn't. Ruiz lost, the fight was turned to a NC or something because Toney tested positive later.
Fitz
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 21 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Who said that he was a warrior? I said Roy was NOT heartless. Roy had heart. But for most of his career he really didn't have to display his heart.

I was referring to xxxx. He said Jones "has too much heart for his own good", which is another way of describing him as a warrior. He wasn't.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 20 2009, 08:52 PM) *
I was referring to xxxx. He said Jones "has too much heart for his own good", which is another way of describing him as a warrior. He wasn't.

Oh my badd. Yeah, Roy wasn't a warrior, but he was a GREAT fighter at one time.
Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 20 2009, 07:12 PM) *
A number if I am honest. Most not fighters admittedly but really there is only one fighter I want to see permanatly disabled & that is Mayweather if I am really honest. There are a number I would like to see get beaten to a pulp but it is only Mayweather I really want to see bleeding from the ear & being strapped to a gurney with his kids screaming & Ellerbe crying knowing his meal ticket will be in a wheelchair.This is not some lighthearted banter this is real undisguised hate & perhaps people would be better if they let theirs out a bit instead of bottling it up.

Ellerbe would still be massaging his chest with lust in his eyes.

I'm kinda leaning toward him getting stabbed in his larynx. Then he wouldnt be able to talk or better yet, he'd have to use an electronic voice box that would make me laugh.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 21 2009, 03:49 AM) *
Ellerbe would still be massaging his chest with lust in his eyes.

I'm kinda leaning toward him getting stabbed in his larynx. Then he wouldnt be able to talk or better yet, he'd have to use an electronic voice box that would make me laugh.

Thats the spirit Keith.
D-MARV
LMAO... its gonna be a sad day for you guys come March 14th... If you thought Mayweather was full of himself now, just wait until he dominates Pacquiao.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 20 2009, 10:08 PM) *
Thats the spirit Keith.

And you're the one that likes getting sucked off by a leech.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 21 2009, 05:12 AM) *
And you're the one that likes getting sucked off by a leech.

Go save your brother from a biker pack rape Beardo.
Maxy
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Dec 20 2009, 07:15 PM) *

I've seen every one of his fights since the Olympics. Like I said before, I'm not a hater of Roy Jones - for a long time I was a big fan. I was gutted when he got stretched in the 2nd Tarver fight and shocked when Johnson absolutely crushed him.

He's just a faded name nowadays though and his crappy excuse for the Green fight just lowers my overall opinion of the man. He was indeed, IMO, a wonderful, fantastic fighter at his peak, but a great heart wasn't, and isn't one of his assets.

Morales, Gatti, Ward, Corrales, Benn and Holyfield are all fighters who showed me how great a heart they had for the fight. Jones just doesn't fall into that category. Not for me anyway.
The CEO
QUOTE (Maxy @ Dec 20 2009, 04:40 PM) *

Shit is changing.

lol...I wonder how many liters of swill you funneled before posting that absolute bullshit...man....2009 has fucked you UP.

God I hate arguing this because it's so damn obvious you're wrong...but look at the names...LOOK AT THEM.

1. Mayweather - Prime and Dominant.

2. Mosley - Old, but still a Force.

3. Hopkins - Old, but still a Force.

4. Dawson - Not even Prime yet.

5. Ward - Not even Prime yet.

6. Bradley - Not even Prime yet.

7. Pavlik - Prime.

8. Williams - Prime.

9. Guerrero - Not even Prime yet.

10. Viloria - Prime.

11. Cunningham - Prime.

12. Dirrell - You know it was an English Decision.

13. Alexander - Green Talent. Beat the brakes off a faded, top Brit.

14. Cloud - Green Talent. Beat the brakes off yet ANOTHER faded, top Brit.

15. Jacobs - Green Talent.

16. Berto...ain't shit to me, but yeah, not even Prime yet for ya face.

so don't EVEN try to say American Boxing is faded...ain't a damn thing changed....I think you're just saying these things out of frustration...because English/British Boxing was officially put on LIFE SUPPORT this year...

Taking away Woods' and Witter's BEATINGS from our up and coming C Team talent, you have....

1. Calzaghe retiring, his so called "Legacy" gets exposed.

2. Hatton getting annihilated AGAIN, reaches Joke Status.

3. Froch gets Home Country Gift of The Year, looks to be on his last legs. I thought Cobras struck quickly with precision...

4. Khan's glass ass bein' protected....surprise, surprise.

5. Haye bein' a PUNK....and for the record....IF he ever lets his balls drop out of his body and fights The Klits, he will surely die.

I really hated posting this here at FH, man...matter of fact...I think I'm gonna go post this somewhere where they really deserve it...they can thank you for settin' me off...lol....but it's like this, old friend....you're better than them....don't let this year and the rebuilding phase you're goin' through get to you too...
D-MARV
Preach on brother... Simply put, America got the game on lock!
The CEO
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 21 2009, 11:00 AM) *
Preach on brother... Simply put, America got the game on lock!

Forever and Ever Amen God DAMNIT.
Maxy
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 21 2009, 10:39 AM) *
lol...I wonder how many liters of swill you funneled before posting that absolute bullshit...man....2009 has fucked you UP.

God I hate arguing this because it's so damn obvious you're wrong...but look at the names...LOOK AT THEM.

1. Mayweather - Prime and Dominant.

2. Mosley - Old, but still a Force.

3. Hopkins - Old, but still a Force.

4. Dawson - Not even Prime yet.

5. Ward - Not even Prime yet.

6. Bradley - Not even Prime yet.

7. Pavlik - Prime.

8. Williams - Prime.

9. Guerrero - Not even Prime yet.

10. Viloria - Prime.

11. Cunningham - Prime.

12. Dirrell - You know it was an English Decision.

13. Alexander - Green Talent. Beat the brakes off a faded, top Brit.

14. Cloud - Green Talent. Beat the brakes off yet ANOTHER faded, top Brit.

15. Jacobs - Green Talent.

16. Berto...ain't shit to me, but yeah, not even Prime yet for ya face.

so don't EVEN try to say American Boxing is faded...ain't a damn thing changed....I think you're just saying these things out of frustration...because English/British Boxing was officially put on LIFE SUPPORT this year...

Taking away Woods' and Witter's BEATINGS from our up and coming C Team talent, you have....

1. Calzaghe retiring, his so called "Legacy" gets exposed.

2. Hatton getting annihilated AGAIN, reaches Joke Status.

3. Froch gets Home Country Gift of The Year, looks to be on his last legs. I thought Cobras struck quickly with precision...

4. Khan's glass ass bein' protected....surprise, surprise.

5. Haye bein' a PUNK....and for the record....IF he ever lets his balls drop out of his body and fights The Klits, he will surely die.

I really hated posting this here at FH, man...matter of fact...I think I'm gonna go post this somewhere where they really deserve it...they can thank you for settin' me off...lol....but it's like this, old friend....you're better than them....don't let this year and the rebuilding phase you're goin' through get to you too...

thumbsup_anim.gif

Good post, loving it man.

Ain't no doubt about it, you've got some great talent over there. Definitely don't agree with all of those names you've got on that list but then, seriously, neither do you I would guess.

As a Brit we are struggling at the minute but in all honesty, what's new? Our perceived best two fighters of the last few years are Hatton and Calzaghe...never really hated Hatton but admit he's done now...I was never a fan of his either though. As for Joe, the less said the better. Embarrassing.

Our Olympic Gold Medalist is looking like he's going to flop as a pro.....James De Gale obviously believes he's the dogs but he seems a bit lame to me. I've got slight hopes for a couple of fighters but as yet they haven't been tested so we shall have to wait and see.

When I said it's a global sport I was basically bitching about Jones and Dirrell because they both said some pretty damn daft things after defeats abroad.

But yeah, hands up, we need some work done because at this rate the bloody Eastern Europeans with their zero personality have too many ranked fighters for my liking.

BTW, I like Froch....yeah he ain't all that good but (the Dirrell fight apart) he brings excitement.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 20 2009, 09:52 PM) *

Hey Fitz...are you still sore over the fact that you looked like a complete dick when you criticized my idea of Pac-PBF being a great fight a few years ago? Your reaching for straws here man. And by the way it's xxxxxx not xxxx. I never said Roy has Gatti like heart here. I think your trying to hard to twist this into a big deal which it isn't. Yes I did say Roy has too much heart for his own good, but that doesnt mean I mean Gatti or Holyfield like heart. Just let it go man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.