Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pavlik-Espino Results (Post SPOILERS When Known Within)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Due to how awful this crap was to be marketed as a PPV. I actually forgot to do a pin-up thread, but no matter as anyone who would buy this POS could be counted on the fingers of a snake, so just post results about the fight in here when you get them.

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 19 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Due to how awful this crap was to be marketed as a PPV. I actually forgot to do a pin-up thread, but no matter as anyone who would buy this POS could be counted on the fingers of a snake, so just post results about the fight in here when you get them.

Jack

Administrator

lol... jack this has to be the worst ppv of the year...
True-Boxing-Fan
Thanks for the internet, this was not worth buying on TV. Pavlik just won by KO in the 5th.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Dec 19 2009, 09:20 PM) *
Thanks for the internet, this was not worth buying on TV. Pavlik just won by KO in the 5th.

I heard that Pavlik went to shake hands and Espino jacked him in the face at the beginning of the fight. The fuck's up with that?

Pavlik vs. Espino:

Round 1: Espino nails Pavlik with a nice left hook when Pavlik tries to shake hands. Espino comes forward but it taking punishment from Pavlik, hooks to the body and head and a left. Pavlik drills a left hook to the body that Espino feels. Espino, meanwhile, has been going to the body himself. Jabs and rights are moving Espino. Pavlik drills a left to the body and a right to the body. Espino has his hands held high around his ears as he walks forward. Pavlik drills a nice right uppercut and then a long right. Pavlik is jabbing and firing rights to the body. Pavlik doubles up to the head and body with a right uppercut. A left hook to the head and another to the body land from Pavlik. Espino fires a three-punch combination and then lands a right hand after the bell. There's a staredown after the bell. Referee Steve Smoger takes a point from Espino. Pavlik's round, 10-8.

Round 2: Espino drills several punches to the body early, but is warned by Smoger to keep them up. Pavlik shakes Espino with a nice uppercut. Espino is engaging Pavlik in close, but Pavlik lands a six-punch combination. Espino answers in kind and drives Pavlik's head back. Pavlik drills a three-punch combination to the body and fires a right uppercut. Pavlik drills a jab and then drills an uppercut to the body. Espino answers with two left hooks to the jab, Pavlik answers to the body. Pavlik's round, 10-9.

Round 3: Epino backs Pavlik to the ropes. Espino lands effectively, early, to the head and body, punctuated by a head-swiveling right hand. Pavlik's right uppercut draws blood from Espino's nose. Pavlik fires about 10 punches to the head and body -- mostly uppercuts. Pavlik drives a couple of left hooks and a right hand. Espino is countering well to the body. Smoger warns Espino again for a low blow. Pavlik resumes jabbing and firing right hands. Espino lands a nice counter right hand. Pavlik blast home a right hand and goes twice to the body with left hooks. Espino is undeterred, clubbing back with rights and lefts. Pavlik closes stronger. Pavlik's round, 10-9.

Round 4: Pavlik backs Espino against the ropes early and fires relentlessly. A hard right uppercuts causes Espino to take a knee on a delayed reaction. Espino scarcely beats the count, but then, comes forward. Espino bravely fires lefts and rights, but Pavlik continues to pin-point his punches. Two more right uppercuts to the head drop Espino, who is up at nine. Espino is firing back again, but so is Pavlik. A five-punch combination nearly drops Espino again. Another right uppercut nearly does the same. Five more punches find their mark against the wobbly Espino, who survives the round. Espino's nose is pouring blood. Pavlik's round, 10-7.

Round 5: Espino runs across the ring to engage Pavlik. He continues to bravely fire away, but is getting beaten to the punch. Pavlik straightens up Espino, and then, catches him walking into an overhand right that drops Espino to his knees again. Espino rises before the count, but Espino's cornerman, John Bray, signals to Steve Smoger that he is stopping the fight at 1:44 of the round.

PAVLIK WINS BY FIFTH ROUND TKO at 1:44.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 20 2009, 06:23 AM) *
I heard that Pavlik went to shake hands and Espino jacked him in the face at the beginning of the fight. The fuck's up with that?

You don't have to touch gloves it is merely a curtousey. Courtousey is something Pavlik does not deserve. Wish Espino knocked the cunt cold. Good for him I say.
pacco_diablo
I paid $3.50 to watch it on the internet. It was fairly entertaining. The best part was watching Bob Arum talk shit about the Williams camp after the fight. The ball is in Williams court now. I'm sure we'll see Pavlik vs. Williams next. Bob was talking big shit though.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 19 2009, 11:32 PM) *
You don't have to touch gloves it is merely a courtesy. Courtesy is something Pavlik does not deserve. Wish Espino knocked the cunt cold. Good for him I say.

I can't remember which fight it was, It might have been one of the Pazienza-Haugen fights. The ref took a point away for refusing to touch gloves before the final round, citing "unsportsmanlike conduct." Than when they fought again, at the rules meeting they specified that there would be no touching of the gloves before the final round.

I might be wrong about the fight in question though.

Jack
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 20 2009, 06:57 AM) *
I can't remember which fight it was, It might have been one of the Pazienza-Haugen fights. The ref took a point away for refusing to touch gloves before the final round, citing "unsportsmanlike conduct." Than when they fought again, at the rules meeting they specified that there would be no touching of the gloves before the final round.

Jack

In teh final round of championship fights it is mandatory from memory but not in the opening round of a fight. I am not a fan of it myself except when after a brutal round of back & forth the combatants smile & touch gloves at the end of the round.
EirbinX
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 20 2009, 01:32 AM) *
You don't have to touch gloves it is merely a curtousey. Courtousey is something Pavlik does not deserve. Wish Espino knocked the cunt cold. Good for him I say.

why not? dntknw.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 20 2009, 05:23 AM) *

You touch gloves when the ref tells you to at the opening instructions. Anything otherwise you can take or leave. Espino chose to leave it. Simple as that.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Dec 20 2009, 07:17 AM) *
why not? dntknw.gif

Well besides the touch gloves at the final instructions you are not obligated to do so except in the final round of a championship fight. Pavlik does not deserve that type of respect from fighters or fans after his recent behaviour.

See this is how I come to hate fighters they sucker me in early on in their career by doing good things & then they start the "injuries" & ducking of fighters etc etc. Happened with Mayweather too. Used to like him & still have respect for his skills but due to his attitude towards the fans & fights I now want to see him bleeding from the ear & lashed to a gurney. I am afraid that I will be going down the same route with Pavlik.
darroy
still just don't understand how pavlik's hand was in such bad shape he had to pull out of fighting p williams but could turn around just a couple weeks later and fight a much lesser opponent? but he and his promoter say williams is ducking pavlik? don't make no damn sense to me.
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 20 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Well besides the touch gloves at the final instructions you are not obligated to do so except in the final round of a championship fight. Pavlik does not deserve that type of respect from fighters or fans after his recent behaviour.

See this is how I come to hate fighters they sucker me in early on in their career by doing good things & then they start the "injuries" & ducking of fighters etc etc. Happened with Mayweather too. Used to like him & still have respect for his skills but due to his attitude towards the fans & fights I now want to see him bleeding from the ear & lashed to a gurney. I am afraid that I will be going down the same route with Pavlik.

That's the spirit.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 20 2009, 12:57 AM) *

Jack

Actually it was Haugen-Camacho. Camacho tried a cheap shot right before last round, and got deducted a point and ended up losing the fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.