Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edwin Valero??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
provo
Edwin Valero is now 26 and 0 with all wins coming by way of Knockout!
When we he get tested ? Or are people just staying away from this guy? Thoughts people?

I think he's exciting and a offensive wrecking machine ! This guy brings heat and I think needs to be recognized more,he could be good for the sport of boxing ,people love knockouts .
Mean Mister Mustard
Valero was tested when he fought MOsquera and Pitalua was supposed to test him but Valero's power and speed was too much. Right now Valero is like Manny Pacquiao circa 2003 but with a tad less speed. Many people think that if ever he meets someone that can take his punch, like Humberto Soto, then he will be in trouble but Doug Figher says that he has seen Valero box more but that he seems to prefer to just step into the ring and whack people around. Guess that's more fun for him and who can blame him?

The problem is that I read that he was invovled in a battery case in his home country of Venezuela and that might slow his career a bit.
Fitz
Not impressed with Valero. When he fights someone world class, he won't be far from a loss.
The CEO
Valero is like one notch better than a Ponce De Leon...yes...that's an insult...lol

and DeMarco juuuust might be good enough to DeRail 'im too...
JD
DeMarco will get drawn into a fight...and KO'd.
mexi-cutioner
I want Valero to fight Soto, that would be a war and would determine whether Valero can live upto the hype imo
caneman
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 20 2009, 01:43 PM) *
Valero was tested when he fought MOsquera and Pitalua was supposed to test him but Valero's power and speed was too much. Right now Valero is like Manny Pacquiao circa 2003 but with a tad less speed. Many people think that if ever he meets someone that can take his punch, like Humberto Soto, then he will be in trouble but Doug Figher says that he has seen Valero box more but that he seems to prefer to just step into the ring and whack people around. Guess that's more fun for him and who can blame him?

The problem is that I read that he was invovled in a battery case in his home country of Venezuela and that might slow his career a bit.

Did you mean Doug Fischer? That's his son bro!
JLUVBABY
i thought about valero/demarco all day today at the job and what i keep coming up with is demarco may just have enough to beat valero... just a hunch but i think i have to go with demarco in that one... valeros only shot i think is to catch up to valero in a fight he's losing... im not sure valero has faced anyone even on the level of demarco and i honestly dont think too much of him (demarco)....
The CEO
lol...you know you're a Boxing fan if you've been thinkin' about a fight like Valero-DeMarco all day long...this far in advance too....

I've noticed a marked progression in DeMarco's Professionalism in his last few fights...

If he keeps his head, he can win....if he reverts back to his macho ways, he will probably get taken out.
BigG
Valero will destroy DeMarco.

Valero might not have the best skills but I think he is for real....he is totally like a mini George Foreman. He just beats the shit out of opponents...bludgeons them. I think he'll get outboxed one of these days by a slick boxer with good skills but he will run over DeMarco by TKO.
Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah Cane I meant Fisher, that was a typo. And yeah Valero is his son lol. People forced that title upon him but he did sing Valero's praises years before many knew who he was so I guess he desrves it.
caneman
Well Edwin can punch but they always get out boxed sooner or later but we will see I guess!
Fitz
I'm not saying Valero doesn't have power, as his record tells me other wise. But every time watching him, his power never seems devastating. I watch guys like Darchinyan, Haye, Pacquiao and you are like "shit". I don't get that with Valero, his punches don't make me cringe like it does for other fighters. He has been pretty unimpressive for me.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 21 2009, 05:43 PM) *
lol...you know you're a Boxing fan if you've been thinkin' about a fight like Valero-DeMarco all day long...this far in advance too....

I've noticed a marked progression in DeMarco's Professionalism in his last few fights...

If he keeps his head, he can win....if he reverts back to his macho ways, he will probably get taken out.

ceo... imma an l.d.a.r technician for exxon-mobil... i dont have time to do nuthin at the job but watch movies and think about boxing... lol... i was thinking bout it cuzz of the intrigue of valero... i just think that once valero meets up with someone that can take his punches early and come back with their own he will find himself in some waters he wont like... thats where a fighter like demarco (if he can ake his punches early) and a figher like soto will get him... just my opinion..

on a side not my lil cuzzin should be here for the holidays maybe... i'd love to see a rematch of you guys fights on the ps3... speaking of which i'd love for us to get an online forum for gaming systems... i think tha would be pretty cool for bragging rights...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 21 2009, 05:43 PM) *

on a side note mr ceo i did think about another fight today as well... lol... i thought about a possible matchup of bradley/mayweather.... while i cant pick bradley to win that i think he has the style that gives mayweather a lot of problems and he's physically big enough to not get too hurt too much in the process, i.m.o.... assuming may beats pac thats a fight i wouldnt mind seeing down the line if mayweather were to continue fighting after this big money fight...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 21 2009, 07:43 PM) *
on a side note mr ceo i did think about another fight today as well... lol... i thought about a possible matchup of bradley/mayweather.... while i cant pick bradley to win that i think he has the style that gives mayweather a lot of problems and he's physically big enough to not get too hurt too much in the process, i.m.o.... assuming may beats pac thats a fight i wouldnt mind seeing down the line if mayweather were to continue fighting after this big money fight...

Bradley reminds me of a prime Shane Mosley, not in terms of handspeed or power but in intensity. When he punches it's as if he's trying to see how hard he has to hit a guy in order to rip their head off. I don't think Mayweather fights him anytime soon. Not because he isn't worth it but because he hasn't beaten any "box office" names. Mayweather didn't even want to fight Cotto in 2008 because 'He wasn't a CEO" so just imagine what Bradley has to do to earn a fight with him. I think Bradley is content to fight whoever they put in front of him, for the moment.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 21 2009, 07:14 PM) *
Yeah Cane I meant Fisher, that was a typo. And yeah Valero is his son lol. People forced that title upon him but he did sing Valero's praises years before many knew who he was so I guess he desrves it.

Then he's a shitty excuse for a father...

If Valero was MY son, I would teach him how to box.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 21 2009, 07:32 PM) *
ceo... imma an l.d.a.r technician for exxon-mobil... i dont have time to do nuthin at the job but watch movies and think about boxing... lol... i was thinking bout it cuzz of the intrigue of valero... i just think that once valero meets up with someone that can take his punches early and come back with their own he will find himself in some waters he wont like... thats where a fighter like demarco (if he can ake his punches early) and a figher like soto will get him... just my opinion..

on a side not my lil cuzzin should be here for the holidays maybe... i'd love to see a rematch of you guys fights on the ps3... speaking of which i'd love for us to get an online forum for gaming systems... i think tha would be pretty cool for bragging rights...

I want that rematch...things will be different next time...I will lay on the ropes and make him come to me...if he doesn't, I guess it will go the full 12 and be a Draw....0 Thrown, 0 Landed on both sides...lol

and I don't know...we will see...there isn't a cut and dried outcome on this one iMo...DeMarco has technique and some pop...all he has to do is STAY focused and disciplined, and he can win that fight.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 21 2009, 07:43 PM) *

I've personally been thinkin' about Bradley-Pacquiao a lot...in fact...I will go ahead and say that if Pacquiao was to fight Bradley after losing badly to Mayweather (like I'm predicting), he will be ripe for the picking and could get his ass whooped by the young American lion.
Douchebag
I think Valero is being underestimated by some.
gbh32001
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 21 2009, 12:46 PM) *
I want Valero to fight Soto, that would be a war and would determine whether Valero can live upto the hype imo
Wong choice my friend, Valero can KO Soto in the first half. A good boxer will school Valero but not a brawler/slugger, his power will eventually come on top against this kind of opponent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.