Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many chances will Hasim Rahman get?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
buford54
He's mouthing off at another site about how "it wasnt him in the ring against Wlad," and now he's fully healed and refocused, and the whole division is terrible.
How many times do we have to go through this?
He won a fluke against Lewis. That is the only thing he has accomplished in his career. The ONLY thing.
Well, that, and fighting a draw against an 800lb James Toney.

If he is allowed to mouth his way to another title or title fight...well, I can't really make any legitimate threats about "what" I will do. I won't do anything. It's just a really sad comment on the sport.
All it takes is some power and a mouth to be the HW champion.

Rock has followed this formula 4 times already.
Talk your way into a title fight, lose, disappear for a year, make a grand comeback by mouthing off to a website, fight a few former cruiserweights, insult all the right people to get another title fight. Repeat.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I guess it's not the worst thing. I mean I just watched Kevin Johnson talk his way through a match with Vitali, so Rock prolly can't be that pathetic. I don't blame him for coming back and trying to make some noise. With the division the way it is, he could still get a shot. Nobody out there besides the Klits are dominating, so I could see him winning a few fights. I think he'd be cometitive against Arreola, Johnson, or some of the other fighters.
ROLL DEEP
Whether it was a 'fluke' or not, at least Rock has done SOMETHING in the division.

I don't agree with him being inactive for so long and then coming right back into the picture, but like i said, at least he has some claim to fame within the division.

I used to like Hasim, but after all the talk and never backing it up, I got fed up with him.
Lil-lightsout
Rock sucks. His dreadful noneffort againt Wlad was just pathetic. It was along the same lines of queenpins last fight against Vitali. Until he actually proves himself in the ring, then its just the usual BS that comes out of these shitty heavyweights.

"fully healed and refocused". Give me a break.
caneman
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Dec 22 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Whether it was a 'fluke' or not, at least Rock has done SOMETHING in the division.

I don't agree with him being inactive for so long and then coming right back into the picture, but like i said, at least he has some claim to fame within the division.

I used to like Hasim, but after all the talk and never backing it up, I got fed up with him.

For realz, if he was active or more active, he could have had even more "chances"! The HW's are such trash, spending more than 10-15 minutes talking about them is too freaking long!
KENSOFINE
And the next candidate for my Boxing's Luckiest Bastards Thread is...
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 22 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Rock sucks. His dreadful noneffort againt Wlad was just pathetic. It was along the same lines of queenpins last fight against Vitali. Until he actually proves himself in the ring, then its just the usual BS that comes out of these shitty heavyweights.

"fully healed and refocused". Give me a break.

Yea it's always the same story with heavies ....if I had a nickel for every "fully healed and refocused" I have heard or read.....

Maxy
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 22 2009, 03:33 PM) *
Yea it's always the same story with current heavies ....if I had a nickel for every "fully healed and refocused" I have heard or read.....

Rahman had his minute or two in the sun but he has always been very average. Yeah, fair enough, string together two or three wins against some of the shit contenders out there and we can talk seriously about how he deserves another shot.

As of now though he is still just the bloke who got lucky against Lewis......years ago.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 22 2009, 03:33 PM) *
Yea it's always the same story with heavies ....if I had a nickel for every "fully healed and refocused" I have heard or read.....

Ain't that the truth.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Dec 22 2009, 08:50 PM) *
Rahman had his minute or two in the sun but he has always been very average. Yeah, fair enough, string together two or three wins against some of the shit contenders out there and we can talk seriously about how he deserves another shot.

As of now though he is still just the bloke who got lucky against Lewis......years ago.

He is also the bloke who found himself on the end of a highlight reel KO from Lewis, and got punched clean out of the ring by Oleg fucking Maskaev, and also another one of these bitches who claim there goin to be the one to dethrone Wlad but then turn up with no intention of even making it a fight. Fuck Rahman,
Fitz
Rahman has never successfully defended his title, he is an overrated one hit wonder. Oh wait, he did successfully defend it once, he drew with Toney while defending it rolleyes_anim.gif
Romulus9
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 22 2009, 05:46 PM) *
He is also the bloke who found himself on the end of a highlight reel KO from Lewis, and got punched clean out of the ring by Oleg fucking Maskaev, and also another one of these bitches who claim there goin to be the one to dethrone Wlad but then turn up with no intention of even making it a fight. Fuck Rahman,

Not only did Oleg fucking Maskaev knock Rahman clean out of the ring, Oleg fucking Maskaev knocked The Rock out TWICE.

TWICE!

HE BEAT HIM TWICE!

The zombie corpse of Jerry Quarry deserves another title shot more than Rahman does.
SmartyBeardo
Kimbo, I mean Hasim Rahman is looking for another Slice of the heavyweight fruitcake.
alaganza
and yet another chapter is written in the sad story that is the heavyweight division
neophyte7
The fact that Rahman lost twice to Maskeav by KO should eliminate from any future title fights... he is garbage. He got a lucky shot in against Lewis... I liked how he KO'd Lewis funny talking ass though LMao
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.