Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mancini/kim
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
hey guys found this online... sorry if youve seen it but i've never seen it... great doc on that tragic fight... let me know what you think... its long but if you havent seen it its worth the watch time...

Romulus9
Got it on DVD.

It's a must watch for any boxing fan.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 23 2009, 01:55 PM) *
hey guys found this online... sorry if youve seen it but i've never seen it... great doc on that tragic fight... let me know what you think... its long but if you havent seen it its worth the watch time...

Thanks a LOT for posting this... memories, memories... Mancini's one of my favorites in the past...thanks JLUVBABY!!!
Fitz
By coincidence, I watched this fight last week. Wow, what a war and what a fight. It was a real shame that the tragedy over shadowed the fight, because that would have been a memorable fight, and now it is memorable for all the wrong reasons.
Kim showed a lot of heart in that fight, and looked pretty good until he slowed down a little bit down the stretch and that was just enough of a slow down for Mancini to capitalise. I remember a point late in the fight that Kim was in trouble and ate so many punches consecutively and then out of no where, he came fighting back and put everything on the line. I felt really bad for him.

I also just recently downloaded a documentary "Triumph and Tragedy - The Ray Mancini Story" . Haven't watched it yet, but does anybody know if it's any good?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 23 2009, 11:12 PM) *
By coincidence, I watched this fight last week. Wow, what a war and what a fight. It was a real shame that the tragedy over shadowed the fight, because that would have been a memorable fight, and now it is memorable for all the wrong reasons.
Kim showed a lot of heart in that fight, and looked pretty good until he slowed down a little bit down the stretch and that was just enough of a slow down for Mancini to capitalise. I remember a point late in the fight that Kim was in trouble and ate so many punches consecutively and then out of no where, he came fighting back and put everything on the line. I felt really bad for him.

I also just recently downloaded a documentary "Triumph and Tragedy - The Ray Mancini Story" . Haven't watched it yet, but does anybody know if it's any good?

i think ive seen it fitz.. if its the doc im thinking of yes its well worth the watch..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.