Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Copy of Jones letter outlining Green's alleged foul play
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
getup

Pretty serious accusation of which the powers that be may have to take seriously:

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=33792

Jack 1000
I am sure Maxipad Kellerman will stand behind Roy in this. Just like "There had to be something in the gloves of Wlad" when Byrd was beaten so badly by him. Something that made Max look like an idiot and was never proven. This Jones thing reminds me of a similar thing with Roy. Jones is just looking for anything in the book to cry foul. A book that isn't there and if it was, very few people would read it.

Pure sour grapes.

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I don't think this will go anywhere, but it does seem fishy. I'm not saying the fight result would have changed, but it does seem fishy based of reading the interviews with Roy. I'd love to hear Green's side of the story though. I guess this means that Roy is going to continue fighting. Best of luck to him in the protest, I think even though it sounds fishy, it's just a publicity stunt to get the boxing public to believe that he still has something left.
getup
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 24 2009, 03:02 PM) *
I am sure Maxipad Kellerman will stand behind Roy in this. Just like "There had to be something in the gloves of Wlad" when Byrd was beaten so badly by him. Something that made Max look like an idiot and was never proven. This Jones thing reminds me of a similar thing with Roy. Jones is just looking for anything in the book to cry foul. A book that isn't there and if it was, very few people would read it.

Pure sour grapes.

Jack

This isn't like the Wlad incident at all, because unlike that there seems to be substantive evidence here. Where it goes depends but the letter was pretty strong. Let's see what happens.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (getup @ Dec 24 2009, 05:13 PM) *
This isn't like the Wlad incident at all, because unlike that there seems to be substantive evidence here. Where it goes depends but the letter was pretty strong. Let's see what happens.

The best Roy could hope for I think is a No Contest. Most likely, the result will stand.

Jack
gbh32001
Boxing is marred by controversy, so are basketball,baseball,soccer,football.The whole sports that associated with on-line bettings are controlled by Cosa Nostra.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 25 2009, 03:26 AM) *
I'm no scientist or anything, but from my experience with most people, I don't really think a person who saw all this and the cheating before the fight and an illegal shot behind the head would be doing this.

OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!!

He's checking the gloves! DUHHHHHHHHHHH! lol
RollsRoyce
First, I will say that I don't believe Green nor his team knew that the wraps were illegal. If they knew that they were, they def wouldn't have sent samples of what they were using to the Jones Camp, nor would they have been cocky enough to take pics of the wraps, and tape used in photographs.

Second, the evidence that Jones presents should result in an imediate rematch, and that if Jones Jr. agrees to the rematch, that the first fight be deemed a no contest. Fat chance that rematch would happen anywhere other than the States. lol.

Neways, i don't think what happened was fishy, but rather that the organization was thinking team Jones was acting like Divas demanding new gloves and re-wrapped hands n stuff. Lemme add, I wonder that if Jones didn't historically have hand problems, if he would have fought with the used gloves? I would have. chances are that the padding might be pushed back a lil more from the knuckles and give u an added advantage. I also wonder if Green fought with used gloves????
AussieLad
Initially i thought this was excuse making from jones, but he does have an argument. Greens on my fantasy manager team, so i hope he doesnt get banned, because he may have a chance of fighting hopkins. And i think he has a great shot of beating Hopkins based on age and the weight division they'd be scrapping at. Certainly nbo walk in the park fight for green like the jones fight turned out to be, but its winnable

I really dont think that Green is a cheater (at least intentionally), and i dont think that it would have changed the outcome of the fight. Wraps or no wraps, green could put his fist through a brick wall.

However, Jones Jr does deserve an investigation. Some dodgy shit does go down in australia from time to time, at least at the lower levels of boxing. Hometown crap mainly against the thai imports they drag in for a pittance for aussie fighters to pad their resumes. Mainly because its too expensive to get decent fighters from other areas of the globe. The thais are cheap, and they always seem much smaller than the aussies coz they carry so much weight in their legs (probably from the kickboxing as much as genetics)

If they have a rematch, i dont see the result going jones way. He's going to get pummelled, no matter where they fight, because roy is done
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.