Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone ever fallen as hard as Roy Jones, JR.?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
jackdog
Myabe Tiger Woods but what about boxers?
Rivado
Whatever happened to Baby Joe Mesi?
kingknockout
QUOTE (Rivado @ Dec 27 2009, 08:51 PM) *

meldrick taylor?
D-MARV
That's a tough one... I would have to go back and research but I'm sure there has been some others.

Mike Tyson maybe?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 27 2009, 10:45 PM) *
That's a tough one... I would have to go back and research but I'm sure there has been some others.

Mike Tyson maybe?

Co-sign, Danny Green is no all time great but he aint as bad as Kevin McBride either.
JLUVBABY
i wouldnt say roy jones fell hard... i mean he had a succesful career.. has belts from middle to heavyweight... his body just couldnt take the weight loss going back down in weight and i believe that saaped what ever prime he had left... i can remember back in the 80's and 90's when 30 was considered old for a fighter... now these guys are fighting into their mid 40's... lol...
alaganza
for me it's not so much how hard the fall was it was how quick the fall
JLUVBABY
when i think about fighters falling hard i think of guys like meldrick taylor or donald curry... guys like that... on top one day and knocked out and never again even close to what they where... ed hopson is another guy that comes to mind...
The Original MrFactor
Roy didnt fall... He is beyond the twilight of his career. His prime was probably 1998. I think of THIS Roy as similar to the Joe Louis that fought Rocky Marciano. A shell of his former self. Tyson's great fall was during his prime years. Tyson's was much greater.
Snoop
QUOTE (Rivado @ Dec 28 2009, 01:51 AM) *

In order to fall you'd have to be up somewhere first.
lloyd mayflower
Arturo Gatti. Sparked by a little fat cunt from the contender then offed with a Prada strap
Douchebag
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 28 2009, 07:01 AM) *
Arturo Gatti. Sparked by a little fat cunt from the contender then offed with a Prada strap

Top Wank has one weak roster.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 28 2009, 05:06 AM) *

Co-sign
Douchebag
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 28 2009, 08:56 AM) *
Co-sign

I'm high on Lara, I think he is the future at 154. I'm hoping for fight between him and Dimitrius Andrade in within the next year in a half.
KENSOFINE
Miguel Cotto or Ricky Hatton would be my first picks over Roy. Hatton had bands following him to matches, now he cant even get the radio in his car to play a tune.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 28 2009, 06:08 AM) *
I'm high on Lara, I think he is the future at 154. I'm hoping for fight between him and Dimitrius Andrade in within the next year in a half.

Lara is the sh*t and i'm so pumped I was able to pick up him as well as Rigondeaux on my fantasy squad. Look out for David Lemieux as well. He's a 20 y/o Canadian middleweight with a 20-0 record all wins by KO. He's still pretty raw but definitely shows maturity and patience beyond his years not to mention exceptional speed and power, this kid along with danny jacobs will defs shakeup the MW division in a few years.

David Lemieux most recent fight
HaydelHammer
fall harder?

you talking about the tarver or the johnson knockout?

he fell pretty hard vs johnson, but i've seen worse....like rahman vs lewis II, hearns vs duran maybe.
MarzB
For 10 years (1994 to 2004) Roy Jones pretty much was arguably the top boxer in the world and he's getting schit because at 40 he took a shot at the top of the head? I wasn't even a big fan of Roy's but the "lets kick them while they're down" crap is getting a bit absurd here.

I thought this thread was regarding "how" he got knockdown and I was going to say Prince Charles Williams "timber" from James Toney was the worse I seen.
RyanA
Tiger Woods obviously has fallen very recently and of course Manny Pacq's star is quite a bit dimmer now. It's a shame about these athletes- especially Roy- becuase he did not bring this on himself- he was just doing his normal job.

Also, Shane when he lost to Vernon Forrest and then wsa linked to roids. Roach and quite a few of his fighters using drugs.
RollsRoyce
Ike Ibeabuchi took a pretty hard fall!

In terms of a sudden drop off of talent, Jeff Lacy could be mentioned. Jermain Taylor as well.
D-MARV
QUOTE (RollsRoyce @ Dec 28 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Ike Ibeabuchi took a pretty hard fall!

In terms of a sudden drop off of talent, Jeff Lacy could be mentioned. Jermain Taylor as well.

Jermain Taylor has not had a sudden DROP in Talent. He's been KO'd a few times but he has been competitive in every single fight he's fought.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 28 2009, 12:34 PM) *
Jermain Taylor has not had a sudden DROP in Talent. He's been KO'd a few times but he has been competitive in every single fight he's fought.

this is very true stylez... hate to see how he's going out... id almost want to call his problem bad management but it really wasnt... he seems to have lost something the night he got ko'd by pavlik...
jackdog
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 27 2009, 11:07 PM) *
when i think about fighters falling hard i think of guys like meldrick taylor or donald curry... guys like that... on top one day and knocked out and never again even close to what they where... ed hopson is another guy that comes to mind...

Curry is a good one. Maybe Mijares as well.
darroy
prince naseem hamed came down to earth rather abruptly. danny romero was highly touted but after the tapia fight never did anything significant. riddick bowe also after the holyfield trilogy came down graphically even w dq victories.
The CEO
Has anyone said Margarito?...he went from Feared Hero to Hated Zero in less than an hour.
jackdog
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 28 2009, 09:19 PM) *
Has anyone said Margarito?...he went from Feared Hero to Hated Zero in less than an hour.

Good one. MARGO AND cAPETILLO WERE EXPOSED AS TOW RODENTS
Snoop
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 29 2009, 03:19 AM) *

LOL. That's definitely got to be the fastest one.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 28 2009, 01:06 PM) *

Wheres your roster? I had to get some British fighters in there regardless of whether they arent that great.
RollsRoyce
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 28 2009, 01:37 PM) *
this is very true stylez... hate to see how he's going out... id almost want to call his problem bad management but it really wasnt... he seems to have lost something the night he got ko'd by pavlik...

And that is why I mentioned him. He had been hurt before, but the second Pavlik put him away viciously, he never was the same mentally in the ring. Any shot that hits him now seems to really damage him, and he can't take the punches for 12 straight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (RollsRoyce @ Dec 29 2009, 02:38 PM) *
And that is why I mentioned him. He had been hurt before, but the second Pavlik put him away viciously, he never was the same mentally in the ring. Any shot that hits him now seems to really damage him, and he can't take the punches for 12 straight.

What Powerful punchers has he fought before Pavlik? And he went 12 with Pavlik immediately after he was KO'd.
EpTXCHAMP
maybe margarito???? lol
E.C.LEGEND
pac will IF he test positive for roids
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.