Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cotto vs. trinidad?...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
just read this and wouldnt mind seeing them fight... what do you guys think?

cotto vs. trinidad?
Lil-lightsout
No interest for me. How many comebacks do we need to see Trinidad in?
D-MARV
Tito @ 158... LOL
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 28 2009, 06:50 PM) *
No interest for me. How many comebacks do we need to see Trinidad in?

Seriously. Trinidad needs to go away.
JLUVBABY
i wouldnt want to see him (tito) trying to cotend for a title or even in the run for it but i see no problem with specialty fights like this... i think its an interesting fight... tito actually got with jones early in their fight... i can see this being a good scrap...
Keith
Who knows what to believe these days. Cotto moving to 154 is kinda desperate. He gets out-punched and pushed around at 147. The names at 154 might not be that of 147 but those dudes are just bigger and Cotto cant compete at just 5'7''.
Romulus9
Cotto KO 5
BigG
Trinidad is shot!

But a prime Tito KO's Cotto viciously...
KookedKrack
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 28 2009, 04:57 PM) *
Trinidad is shot!

But a prime Tito KO's Cotto viciously...

This.

But the article was just a joke for "El dia de los santos innocentes" its like the spanish version of april fools.
Mean Mister Mustard
I wouldn't mind seeing Trinidad come back against someone he can beat. The problem is that he has too much heart to just come back against any old schmuck.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
The only thing Tito should be entering these days is some form of food eating contest.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 28 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Who knows what to believe these days. Cotto moving to 154 is kinda desperate. He gets out-punched and pushed around at 147. The names at 154 might not be that of 147 but those dudes are just bigger and Cotto cant compete at just 5'7''.

i agree... but i think a fight with trinidad would be safe and an entertaining scrap... personally id like to see him take THESE kinda fights or retire... he's starting to get hurt in there...
Douchebag
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 28 2009, 05:47 PM) *
i agree... but i think a fight with trinidad would be safe and an entertaining scrap... personally id like to see him take THESE kinda fights or retire... he's starting to get hurt in there...

Or at least take a LONG layoff.
kidbazooka1
This will never happen but like another poster said prime Trinidad stops Cotto in brutal fashion.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 30 2009, 10:41 PM) *
This will never happen but like another poster said prime Trinidad stops Cotto in brutal fashion.

young trinidad was a beast... i remember the night he cleaned maurice blockers clock.. i had never heard of him... lol... i was a fan a few seconds after the opening bell...
King Eugene
I still want to see Trinidad vs. DLH II
basicjab
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 31 2009, 06:29 AM) *
I still want to see Trinidad vs. DLH II

God, if the first fight wasn't shitty enough.. I personally don't want to see DLH in anything, some poster said it best, the guy lost every big fight he was ever in.

Cotto did his country proud. Sad, Cotto's career was cut short but he should retire, he was really beat down bad in his last fight.
BigG
I disagree Fitz on both fights...you know I'd say Oscar proved to be more skilled fighter of the two against Tito..but the fact is he faded and did nothing in the last rounds of the fight and let Tito outwork him. It happened again in the Mosley rematch - GREAT start but let Mosley comeback later in the fight. I had both 114-114. But I remember that the best you could give Mosley in that rematch was a draw. To me it was either a draw or a DLH win.

Oscar does have some big wins.. I'd say his wins over Chavez are pretty big even though Chavez was past his prime. He also beat Whitaker in a close fight that could've been a draw. But his win over Quartey was serious BS now THAT was a robbery. I had 7-4-1 clearly for Quartey.

But he beat several good champions...Genaro Hernandez, Rafael Ruelas, Jesse James Leija, Arturo Gatti, Fernando Vargas, John John Malinga, Hector Camacho, Javier Castillejo, Ricardo Mayorga....

Great fighter who will be in the Hall Of Fame...

He fought everyone too...from the p4p kings of the 90's (Chavez, Whitaker, Trinidad)...to the P4P kings of the 2000's (Mayweather, Mosley, Pacquiao)....and the fucking legend that is BERNARD HOPKINS!!! (who has probably P4P in both decades)

I still consider him a greater fighter than the likes of Calzaghe...just my opinion..
KookedKrack
I agree that Oscar fought everyone but I think he will be in the hall of fame due to his popularity rather than his accomplishments in the ring.

Something has always seemed off about him though. He is like a comic book villain to me always smiling and upbeat in public but behind closed doors he is probably plotting his next evil plan to kill superman and enslave millions Lex Luthor style.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BigG @ Jan 1 2010, 07:21 PM) *
I disagree Fitz on both fights...you know I'd say Oscar proved to be more skilled fighter of the two against Tito..but the fact is he faded and did nothing in the last rounds of the fight and let Tito outwork him. It happened again in the Mosley rematch - GREAT start but let Mosley comeback later in the fight. I had both 114-114. But I remember that the best you could give Mosley in that rematch was a draw. To me it was either a draw or a DLH win.

Oscar does have some big wins.. I'd say his wins over Chavez are pretty big even though Chavez was past his prime. He also beat Whitaker in a close fight that could've been a draw. But his win over Quartey was serious BS now THAT was a robbery. I had 7-4-1 clearly for Quartey.

But he beat several good champions...Genaro Hernandez, Rafael Ruelas, Jesse James Leija, Arturo Gatti, Fernando Vargas, John John Malinga, Hector Camacho, Javier Castillejo, Ricardo Mayorga....

Great fighter who will be in the Hall Of Fame...

He fought everyone too...from the p4p kings of the 90's (Chavez, Whitaker, Trinidad)...to the P4P kings of the 2000's (Mayweather, Mosley, Pacquiao)....and the fucking legend that is BERNARD HOPKINS!!! (who has probably P4P in both decades)

I still consider him a greater fighter than the likes of Calzaghe...just my opinion..

Yeah but ultimately it simply comes down to who won more rounds not who looked better in the 12th? I really thought Oscar won more rounds than Trinidad in that fight.

Did I like his strategy towrads the end? Nope but I still felt he won the fight. I felt he edged the 2nd Mosley fight as well (and I'm a bigger fan of Shane than Oscar).

The Quartey fight is tougher for me to score than you. I've watched it a few times and keep getting a different score everytime!! cray.gif
Keith
Agree DLH won the Trinidad fight.

Disagree he won Mosley 2. He was in bad shape at the end of that fight. Mosley gave him a beating to the body. Fans often complain that judges dont score body punching all that well, in that fight they actually did and many people had a problem with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.