Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: With all this talk what is your opinion on Manny?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Douchebag
Let's get a consensus as to where we all stand on Manny roid use or non-use.
thehype
I don't think anyone is going to give their opinion out of fear of getting sued.

laugh.gif
Douchebag
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 29 2009, 02:19 PM) *
I don't think anyone is going to give their opinion out of fear of getting sued.

laugh.gif

LOL, I'm really disappointed in how this is turning out. Even though I was one the infidels that thought that Manny would eventually be derailed by Cotto or any real Welter for that matter, I still had a lot respect for him in how I thought he handled his business. I can't believe I'm actually rooting for Floyd Mayweather. SMH
Box in Hand
Manny's looking like the guy standing over his dead wife with the knife and blood on his hands. He might be innocent but he sure ain't acting like it. Suing GBP and the Mayweathers isn't helping his cause either.

I'm just waiting for Torvix to come on here and spout some crazy swahili sounding rhetoric as to why Pac is the greatest. Fuck that, he needs to take the tests.

Oh by the way, just read that Floyd is seriously looking at Matthew Hatton if this fight falls through. WTF? Both Pac and Mayweather acting like some real bitches right now!!!!
Keith
He's on something. Not a doubt in my mind at this point. If it was 10 years ago I probably would probably give him the benefit of the doubt. Over the last 10 years its become obvious to me that if it seems to good to be true it probably is.
KookedKrack
I think he is on something and after his recent actions anyone else with a clear head would as well.
D-MARV
I voted no. I really don't think Pacquiao is on anything. There is no proof of it. I think he was just blessed with the ability to carry his speed and power throughout the weight divsions. I have always believed that size advantage is overrated...

I think that Arum and Roach know that there is NO WAY Pacquiao can beat Mayweather. NONE! I think this is there way to extend this magic run before it ALL comes to an end. The fight will get made but probably not until Late 2010 or early 2011. I hope I'm wrong but this is how I feel right now.
iron_mike
All I think is that fether fisted she male doesn't deserve his biggest payday after making accusations against Pac and saying 'I dislike him' or some shit
Box in Hand
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Dec 29 2009, 03:30 PM) *
All I think is that fether fisted she male doesn't deserve his biggest payday after making accusations against Pac and saying 'I dislike him' or some shit

WTF????? Dude, you must be a Pac fan. They need to fight each other. This fight is bigger than the both of them and IMO is needed in this UFC era. They need to man up, pull their sleeves up (For the needles), and get ready to rumble.

Shit, I haven't paid for pay-per-view since Tyson knocked out Spinks and I WILL be paying for this MOFO. That should tell you something.
KENSOFINE
My question is...

What difference does it make? Either you believe you can beat someone or you need to create an excuse for why you might not beat him. Mayweather is shooting himself in the foot, financially, by pressing this matter. What does he have to gain either way by bringing up this issue? Keep your mouth shut, earn your biggest payday for beating a naturally smaller opponent, and ride off rich.

He is hurting himself more than Pacman.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 29 2009, 01:37 PM) *
WTF????? Dude, you must be a Pac fan. They need to fight each other. This fight is bigger than the both of them and IMO is needed in this UFC era. They need to man up, pull their sleeves up (For the needles), and get ready to rumble.

Shit, I haven't paid for pay-per-view since Tyson knocked out Spinks and I WILL be paying for this MOFO. That should tell you something.

I believe the feather-fisted she male he was referring to is Malignaggi.....but yes....Mayweather's a shemale

"We standin' at the bar throwin real money, Holla Mayweather if ya see a fake honey"--RICK ROSSS
The CEO
EVERYONE needs to watch this video...

Box in Hand
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 29 2009, 05:03 PM) *

It's a harsh video but it makes you think. Also, when I look at Roy Jones jump up in weight. Roy didn't put on any fat but he did lose speed. I'm a fighter and I know that as you move up in weight you will lose speed however Manny looks more explosive and faster than I ever seen him.

Maybe Ariza knows something we don't.
Lil-lightsout
Good video. Something definately seems fishy, and I can not wait to see how this all unfolds.
The Original MrFactor
I've said it since the demolition of Miguel Cotto. Something was not right, to me. It was not supposed to be that easy. I think somethings up. I agree with the Mayweather camps stand. In fact I'm actually starting to like Floyd and will cheer for a Mayweather victory. Arum and crew are looking very shady to me. Hope Manny, mans up and agrees to random testing...
The CEO
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 29 2009, 06:58 PM) *
It's a harsh video but it makes you think. Also, when I look at Roy Jones jump up in weight. Roy didn't put on any fat but he did lose speed. I'm a fighter and I know that as you move up in weight you will lose speed however Manny looks more explosive and faster than I ever seen him.

Maybe Ariza knows something we don't.

It's quite possible Manny's on that NEXT shit...something that had only been tested on rats before it was administered to him...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 29 2009, 06:03 PM) *

Damn CEO you're one of my favourite posters and I resepct a lot of what you have to say but are you seriously standing behind that video?

Dude that shit is laughable. Is it supposed to be boxing's answer to 'Loose Change?'

You can pretty much debunk everything in that video, there's damn cracks so wide you could drive a Mack truck through them.

And it relies heavily on quotes from Steward and Lampley???? I mean we've all said many times how shit and biased the HBO commentary can be (especially Lamps) yet now they are our go-to guys when it comes to a balanced non-hysterical view of a fighter?

And Manny supposedly worried that Lamps has figured out he is juicing and is gonna call him on it in the post fight interview? Ha ha that shit had me rolling on the floor laughing.

And why wouldn't it take Freddy 18 fights to get his guy right. When he got Manny the kid was pratically as raw as it gets and I see it as perfectly reasonable that it would take a trainer that long to get a guy to where he wants him.

Remember I'm talking about things like using a right hand, something I'm sure steroids had nothing to do with (or are we now attributing Manny's right hand to roids?)

Oh dude I could go and on dissecting that 'piece' but I'll leave it up to someone else.

Hey for all I know Manny may be juicing but nothing I saw in that video leads me to believe it.
The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 29 2009, 07:05 PM) *
Good video. Something definately seems fishy, and I can not wait to see how this all unfolds.

It makes all the sense in the world...I hope everyone takes the time to watch it...

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 29 2009, 07:06 PM) *
I've said it since the demolition of Miguel Cotto. Something was not right, to me. It was not supposed to be that easy. I think somethings up. I agree with the Mayweather camps stand. In fact I'm actually starting to like Floyd and will cheer for a Mayweather victory. Arum and crew are looking very shady to me. Hope Manny, mans up and agrees to random testing...

I don't think anyone who follows Boxing (other than extreme Pacmaniacs) predicted that Cotto couldn't hurt Pacquiao, and that Pacquiao would be "STALKING" Cotto like a beast by the end of the fight...

He sticks and moves against Feathers and Super Feathers...and two years later, he's walkin' and beatin' down Welters?...after a 50+ fight career full of wars?...nahhhh...it don't add up....
HaydelHammer
thanks for the vid

..and I voted yes...why? take the test man..just take the test and prove him wrong by kicking floyds azz..put up or shut up. This sh*t aint hard.
Romulus9
I said no.

Until there is sufficient reason, more than mere speculation and unfounded accusation from Mayweather and his gang of criminals known as family, friends and associates, then there is no logical reason to think that it has happened.

When reflecting upon the steroid controversies in baseball and other sports, there was always sufficient reason to suspect foul play; positive drug tests, information from teammates and suppliers, and what have you. Where is that with Pacquiao?

There's nothing but speculation and finger-pointing, with damage to Pacquiao's personal profile, marketability, and legacy as the only endgame from the Mayweather camp. The fact that Manny has the bigger name and more career momentum at this point is killing Floyd. What he doesn't realize is that tearing Pacquiao down does two things: it shines a poor light on him for making such ridiculous, unfounded, and potentially slanderous accusations, and it takes away the biggest money fight in the history of the sport, and obviously for his bank account, which makes no sense for someone who is admittedly all about the almighty dollar.

At the end of the day, Pacquiao has done his part. Only Pacquiao, possibly Freddie Roach, and the Good Lord knows for certain if he has taken anything or not. What matters is that he has been tested repeatedly by the current standards with no positive results. He has agreed to be tested for this fight based on the current required testing standards. He is not, for any reason, required to be subjected to heightened standards just because Team Mayweather says so. If they don't like it, they can walk. Right now, the biggest and most lucrative set of options, exist for Pacquiao. Floyd needs Manny far more than Manny needs Floyd at this point.

Just my opinion.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Dec 29 2009, 06:18 PM) *
Damn CEO you're one of my favourite posters and I resepct a lot of what you have to say but are you seriously standing behind that video?

Dude that shit is laughable. Is it supposed to be boxing's answer to 'Loose Change?'

You can pretty much debunk everything in that video, there's damn cracks so wide you could drive a Mack truck through them.

And it relies heavily on quotes from Steward and Lampley???? I mean we've all said many times how shit and biased the HBO commentary can be (especially Lamps) yet now they are our go-to guys when it comes to a balanced non-hysterical view of a fighter?

And Manny supposedly worried that Lamps has figured out he is juicing and is gonna call him on it in the post fight interview? Ha ha that shit had me rolling on the floor laughing.

And why wouldn't it take Freddy 18 fights to get his guy right. When he got Manny the kid was pratically as raw as it gets and I see it as perfectly reasonable that it would take a trainer that long to get a guy to where he wants him.

Remember I'm talking about things like using a right hand, something I'm sure steroids had nothing to do with (or are we now attributing Manny's right hand to roids?)

Oh dude I could go and on dissecting that 'piece' but I'll leave it up to someone else.

Hey for all I know Manny may be juicing but nothing I saw in that video leads me to believe it.

the video to me raises the same questions that have been asked... i dont know enough about steroids to speak on them... but i do know that mannys people dont want any parts of that random drug test.... and for whats its worth the guy makes very valid points... lets be real a fighter doesnt go life and death with jmm at th lighter weights and walk through miguel cotto?.. for that matter id even say walk trough hatton.... if he's not doping then what he's doing is awesome and we should be privlaged to be watching him do his thing but as i look at it for what it is i just dont see it that way... the video makes very valid points...
KENSOFINE
WOW...just, ...WOW
The CEO
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Dec 29 2009, 07:18 PM) *

You're one of my favorite posters too, and I'm disagreeing with you!... laugh.gif

and for the record, I didn't subscribe to Loose Change...

This video apparently came out today, and he's not really tellin' me too much more that I considered when this ordeal broke...look at some of my prior posts on this matter....me saying I can see Pacquiao ducking Floyd, constant comments about Manny's head size, et cetera......I'm an independent thinker who's very difficult, if not impossible, to sway once my instincts are locked in...

and in a twisted way, I have to say I'm kind of enjoying how the saintly Pacquiao is falling from people's good graces (you know I'm a Natural Born Hater)...he was the least likely subject to get bashed....it's almost like this Pacquiao Hate is refreshing...know what I mean?
JLUVBABY
i voted yes on the poll because i feel like pacs people for sure do not want that random... that bothers me... even when gbp backed off and said ok 3 randoms ending a month before the fight with one after the fight and again pacs team balks... that bothers....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 29 2009, 09:13 PM) *
You're one of my favorite posters too, and I'm disagreeing with you!... laugh.gif

and for the record, I didn't subscribe to Loose Change...

This video apparently came out today, and he's not really tellin' me too much more that I considered when this ordeal broke...look at some of my prior posts on this matter....me saying I can see Pacquiao ducking Floyd, constant comments about Manny's head size, et cetera......I'm an independent thinker who's very difficult, if not impossible, to sway once my instincts are locked in...

and in a twisted way, I have to say I'm kind of enjoying how the saintly Pacquiao is falling from people's good graces (you know I'm a Natural Born Hater)...he was the least likely subject to get bashed....it's almost like this Pacquiao Hate is refreshing...know what I mean?

Oh some Pac-hate certainly keeps everyone on their toes.

Seriously I've seen far better arguments made on this forum as to why Pac is juicing than anything I saw on that video. Notice I don't say I don't dismiss the possibility that he may be juicing rather I just don't take this video as a cohesive argument as to why he may be doing so.

Honestly in all the transcripts and opinions in the boxing world and you use the words of Jim Lampley to argue your case. focus.gif

The only fight I see as slightly suspicious is the Cotto fight, all the rest can be explained pretty easily, Diaz-not that good, DLH-dead man walking, Fatton-see Diaz x10 laugh.gif
Keith
That video is sweet...
Without the juice
He may get beat

Whats the complaint...
A spoon of blood
To remain a saint

40 million their blowin...
While Manny's head
Just keeps on growin

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 29 2009, 08:08 PM) *
That video is sweet...
Without the juice
He may get beat

Whats the complaint...
A spoon of blood
To remain a saint

While Manny's head
Just keeps on growin

good lawdy... lol.... floyd sr. would be envious... lol...
Romulus9
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 29 2009, 09:13 PM) *
good lawdy... lol.... floyd sr. would be envious... lol...

Floyd Sr. doesn't have time to be making rhymes.

He's too busy trying to wake Ricky Hatton up. Been trying since May to no avail.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 29 2009, 09:08 PM) *
That video is sweet...
Without the juice
He may get beat

Whats the complaint...
A spoon of blood
To remain a saint

While Manny's head
Just keeps on growin

Keith contain those 'ryhmes' of yours to the classroom. clapping.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 29 2009, 08:18 PM) *

He's too busy trying to wake Ricky Hatton up. Been trying since May to no avail.

ROFLMAO!!! yeah homie that was a good one... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 29 2009, 08:18 PM) *

ROFLMAO!!! yeah homie that was a good one... lol...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 29 2009, 09:18 PM) *

Hatton will be back. He will get a little redemption when he stops JMM next!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 29 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Hatton will be back. He will get a little redemption when he stops JMM next!

i get the feeling pacs last few victims will feel the need to come back if pac isnt vindicated or found guilty... specially cotto... what if pac is found to be dirty... his career will have been cut short cuzz of two cheaters... damn... and he was a damn good fighter... you can see his decline... that would be sad...
alaganza
I voted no on the poll. Simply because their is no proof. However, I can see how the reluctance of submitting to the blood test does raise suspition. I just think it's bigger than boxing for Pac. If he does pop hot on a test, it could considerably inhibit his political aspirations. He took quite some time to build the image that would make him a formidable political force. I would think for Pac the bigger picture is the political arena. Unfortunately, the political career and the boxing career are tied together with this issue.
Boxingjunkie
That video was so one sided it seemed pretty lame. When people make videos like that, they are usually not worth watching becuase they are so one sided. Obviously this was a Mayweather fan period.

I dont blame Manny for not going along with the random testing. The testing we have, that has been used for some time now, is not good enough all of a sudden? Why should Manny have to agree to some crazy request like this when nobody else has to do it. Until Manny fails a test you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. For all we know Mayweather may be on the lastest and greatest stuff that cant be detected yet. Who know.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Boxingjunkie @ Dec 29 2009, 10:36 PM) *
That video was so one sided it seemed pretty lame. When people make videos like that, they are usually not worth watching becuase they are so one sided. Obviously this was a Mayweather fan period.

I dont blame Manny for not going along with the random testing. The testing we have, that has been used for some time now, is not good enough all of a sudden? Why should Manny have to agree to some crazy request like this when nobody else has to do it. Until Manny fails a test you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. For all we know Mayweather may be on the lastest and greatest stuff that cant be detected yet. Who know.

how can manny fail a test he is not being properly tsted for is the question?
torvix2000
LOL!

People are clamoring for the yesteryears. When fighters move up divisions. When fighters train for 20 rounds. When fighters use the full potential of their bodies during training and fights.

And when Pacquiao came, they accuse him of steroids. LOL!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 29 2009, 11:23 PM) *
LOL!

People are clamoring for the yesteryears. When fighters move up divisions. When fighters train for 20 rounds. When fighters use the full potential of their bodies during training and fights.

buddy you're writing this in every thread... that gag reflex man im telling you be careful...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 30 2009, 01:23 AM) *
LOL!

Funnily enough torvix I have been thinking the very same thing.

After watching Ali and Frazier dish out incredible amounts of punishment for 14 super hot and oppresively humid rounds in Manila I have come to the conclusion that they were both on steroids!!
D-MARV
Please don't ever compare that bitch Pacquiao to Joe Frazier. Fraizer would give blood in between rounds to prove who the best fighter in the world was.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 30 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Please don't ever compare that bitch Pacquiao to Joe Frazier. Fraizer would give blood in between rounds to prove who the best fighter in the world was.

Now I do think you're being a little tough on the Filipino buzzsaw.

Sure he may be acting like a prima donna in these negotiations but I think the dude has proved his heart in the ring on countless occasions.
D-MARV
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Dec 30 2009, 01:09 AM) *
Now I do think you're being a little tough on the Filipino buzzsaw.

Sure he may be acting like a prima donna in these negotiations but I think the dude has proved his heart in the ring on countless occasions.

Whatever.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 30 2009, 01:15 AM) *
Whatever.

I'll take that as a yes? drinks.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 30 2009, 12:07 AM) *

Amen. They don't make em like that anymore.
torvix2000
LOL! Giving blood via needles are for bitzes. If you want to give blood, then give blood inside the ring by being cut, mutilated, etc. etc. and lick your blood, too. Gayweather's a puzzy!!!
imhere
Watch this video first. This is the guy you should be listening to regarding the drug testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5DGqPofH4
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 30 2009, 12:11 AM) *
how can manny fail a test he is not being properly tsted for is the question?

So that his is fault? Manny is being singled out when no other fighter has to do this so why should he? There has never been any indication that Manny has taken anything. Manny has passed every test that every other fighter has passed. Why should he be required to go above and beyond what every other fighter is expected to do?

If Manny took a blood test two weeks before the Hatton fight, what were the results? Obviously he passed the test or we would have heard other wise. So Manny has taken every urine test and passed and has obviously taken blood test and passed so why agree to what the Mayweather idiots want?
The CEO
lol...yet ANOTHER great thread to close out the decade....FH is HOT!.....Keith wins Poet of The Year.

QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 29 2009, 09:08 PM) *
That video is sweet...
Without the juice
He may get beat

Whats the complaint...
A spoon of blood
To remain a saint

While Manny's head
Just keeps on growin

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 29 2009, 09:18 PM) *

laugh.gif

That's fucking hilarious because Big Floyd IMMEDIATELY disassociated himself from Hatton....he basically jumped over Hatton's carcass to get out of the ring...no smellin' salts...no "tough luck, son"...no NOTHIN'!...LMAO!!
oozemcbuck
Shit, Mosley used steroids, and he didn't even have to inject them, they were in the form of a cream. HE didn't fail any tests either, but HE DEFINETLY WAS USING. When BALCO got bagged, he got mentioned, and only then (when he got caught) did Mosley admit to having "unknowingly" used something. He never failed any test. And what did Mosley do right after that came out ? HE TRIED SUING Victor Conte and whoever else from BALCO, the same way Manny is going about it. I thought this was a free country ? So what if people are going on record saying "he IS using something"? Freedom of speech. And where there's smoke, there's fire. I voted yes on the poll, too much "smoke".
Douchebag
I will say that at this point Floyd should just fight Manny without the bloodtests. If he looses the the loss will have some kind asterick because will speculate whether or not Manny was on that stuff and if he wins (which I think he will anyway) Floyd beat he P4P while he may have been was on that Juice. At this point its a win/win situation for Floyd to take the fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.