Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Allan Green vs. Sakio Bika
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
By Rick Reeno

Promoter Lou DiBella informed BoxingScene.com that a deal is almost complete for a super middleweight war between Allan Green (29-1, 20KOs) and Sakio Bika (28-3, 19KOs) for February 5 on Showtime. The fight will headline a possible triple-header.

Nobody expects Green-Bika to go the distance. Everybody expects fireworks. Both of them have identical stats for their last six fights. Each fighter produced four knockouts in his last six outings. There were negotiations to make this fight a few months ago for the Mayweather-Marquez undercard. The money wasn't lucrative enough for Green, who at the time had a Showtime date on the table against Victor Oganov [later withdrew with an injury].

Should be a war! I'm looking forward to this one.
Imperius3
It's about time Green got himself a good fight... but I like Bika in this one. He has a big experience advantage and has fought some top fighters like Calzaghe and Bute. He fought well against those guys too. Green is a good fighter himself, and he has a chance in this fight, especially if he lands his big hook. I can't forget how he disappointed against Miranda though.

I'll take Bika by KO.
Keith
My dude Allan Green is gonna whoop dat ass.
Douchebag
I think Green is finally going to come through in this one.
JD
A war?

Allan Green is not really known for getting into wars. Bika is awkward and ugly in there...so he should make it interesting. I dunno...this fight does nothing for me.
MarzB
I really like Allan Green but it seems when he steps up in competition is when he doesn't rise to the occasions. He destroys C and D level opposition. I understand he was going through some health ailments with the Miranda fight (lovely hook that put Miranda down) but his last fight with Simms he didn't look great IMO.

Bika is no chump and I agree that should the Allan Green with all the potential show up, it'll be a war.

Would this be a Showtime fight?
AussieLad
Bika is on my team. He's gonna smoke that Green like he was a bag full of sticky buds
JLUVBABY
didnt know this fight was signed... good solid match-up... i gotta go with bikas experience in this one...
shadowboxer
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Dec 31 2009, 04:43 AM) *
It's about time Green got himself a good fight... but I like Bika in this one. He has a big experience advantage and has fought some top fighters like Calzaghe and Bute. He fought well against those guys too. Green is a good fighter himself, and he has a chance in this fight, especially if he lands his big hook. I can't forget how he disappointed against Miranda though.

I'll take Bika by KO.

If you look back at the fight against Miranda, you'll remember Green was very ill, later to have a large part of his colon removed. The guy was dehydrated as hell from that and the fact he dropped weight so fast. His team shouldve done a better job of either talking him into not getting in the ring that night or hydrating him better.....Funny how Miranda never agreed to a rematch after Green was back 100%. I think Green has the skill and more importantly determination to take Bika.
The CEO
Doesn't the winner take Taylor's spot in The Best of The Bs tourney?

If so, I want Green to win...Ward would EMBARRASS his arrogant ass.
salvador
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 16 2010, 02:16 PM) *
Doesn't the winner take Taylor's spot in The Best of The Bs tourney?

If so, I want Green to win...Ward would EMBARRASS his arrogant ass.

I like Green, but neither he nor Bika would have much of a chance against any of the 5 other guys in the tournament.

Showtime has already generated more interest in the tournament than they could have hoped for. Show should just go all out and get Bute to replace JT.
D-MARV
I don't think Bute would take the last spot. He can fight stiffs in Canada and make some money while the super 6 beat each other up.
salvador
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 16 2010, 02:59 PM) *
I don't think Bute would take the last spot. He can fight stiffs in Canada and make some money while the super 6 beat each other up.

Unless Showtime made it worth his while. He's going to end up fighting those guys anyway, so why not let Showtime get some extra credibility for its tournament along the way?
STEVENSKI
BUt the person who replaced Taylor would effectively already fight at a disadvantage having suffered a knockout loss points wise?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.