Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally, we have footage of Mayweather Sparring
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Box in Hand
The only other footage was of his horrible sparring session on YouTube when he was fat and outta shape. These days he doesn't allow filming of his sparring but this did show up and it's pretty funny.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...cf5z3qS3B7JtR82
BigG
Mayweather: Shut up.
Sparring Partner: No you shut up!
Mayweather: You shut up.

Lul.
Keith
Floyd is ghetto.

He cant even spar with a bum and not talk shit.
KENSOFINE
The other sparring session on tape is with him getting his ass kicked by Spadafora.
MarzB
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 31 2009, 08:57 AM) *
Floyd is ghetto.

He cant even spar with a bum and not talk shit.

Anyone that talks schit during sparring is ghetto? I'm willing to bet that 90% of the posters here don't box or ever have because if some of you did, you'd realize this is often the norm. Attempts to make any derogatory comments at Floyd aside, this is clearly no different than another famous sparring session of James Toney and Danny Green.

Yeah trash talking doesn't occur in all major sports, only that "ghetto ass" Floyd does it, right? Ok, got it.

Btw, that looked like Baldomir
Douchebag
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 31 2009, 09:10 AM) *
Anyone that talks schit during sparring is ghetto? I'm willing to bet that 90% of the posters here don't box or ever have because if some of you did, you'd realize this is often the norm. Attempts to make any derogatory comments at Floyd aside, this is clearly no different than another famous sparring session of James Toney and Danny Green.

Yeah trash talking doesn't occur in all major sports, only that "ghetto ass" Floyd does it, right? Ok, got it.

Can't nobody say anything sideways about floyd without this cat coming and waving his pompoms around. That shit so ghey.
ROLL DEEP
It's nice to see some sparring footage.

It started off a little like normal 'trash-talk', but it seemed to get a little more serious at the end.
leonthegee
the dudes 40 and 0. if u have to go back at some sparring session from god knows when to find flaws that is truely pathetic. if i wanna see manny getting his ass kicked all i have to do is go back 2 yrs and watch the marquez fight.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 31 2009, 09:16 AM) *
Can't nobody say anything sideways about floyd without this cat coming and waving his pompoms around. That shit so ghey.

Seems you missed his point. He is correct. There was nothing "ghetto" about Floyd doing what every other boxer does in their sparring sessions, Manny included. It is very common for people to get a psychological advantage by punching cleanly, and trying to convince your opponent that you can do it with so much ease, that you can broadcast without fear while doing so.

Thats all he addressed. You took it somewhere else.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 31 2009, 08:10 AM) *

This isn't Baldomir. It's footage from his prep for Marquez. If you watch his last 24/7 this is the guy that is all bloody when the cameras come back on.
Douchebag
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Dec 31 2009, 10:13 AM) *
Seems you missed his point. He is correct. There was nothing "ghetto" about Floyd doing what every other boxer does in their sparring sessions, Manny included. It is very common for people to get a psychological advantage by punching cleanly, and trying to convince your opponent that you can do it with so much ease, that you can broadcast without fear while doing so.

no you missed the point sir, Marz has a long standing history of being "Captain Save-a-Floyd" on these boards. I normally wouldn't even say anything but his hugging turns my stomach sometimes.
MarzB
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 31 2009, 10:16 AM) *

Thats your perception and thats fine because it's not like you can see the forrest from the trees. I clearly addressed what often goes on in actual sparring. So let me counter, "people like yourself hate Floyd SO much that you look for any chink to try and criticize even if it's within the friggin ring".

"He's not saying nice things to his sparring partner". He's paying them "hello", he doesn't have to say nice things.

So make another weak attempt at trying to reply to my remarks.
MarzB
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 31 2009, 11:48 AM) *
no you missed the point sir, Marz has a long standing history of being "Captain Save-a-Floyd" on these boards. I normally wouldn't even say anything but his hugging turns my stomach sometimes.

No that was indeed my point what he mentioned but again, you seem to want to attach the poster to argument as opposed to looking at the argument that I made at face value. You'll single me out but you won't single out any of the anti Floyd faction (perhaps because you're a part of that cabal) for making statements.

What I said was clearly true. Now if you want to make this personal, go right ahead otherwise just argue the subject at hand and acting like a lil bitch in bringin in my so called "loyalty" towards Floyd which is not up for discussion here.
Douchebag
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 31 2009, 10:51 AM) *
Thats your perception and thats fine because it's not like you can see the forrest from the trees. I clearly addressed what often goes on in actual sparring. So let me counter, "people like yourself hate Floyd SO much that you look for any chink to try and criticize even if it's within the friggin ring".

"He's not saying nice things to his sparring partner". He's paying them "hello", he doesn't have to say nice things.

I didn't even say anything about the video or even look at it before I responded to you. I spoke to you and your history on this board. Your Floyd hugger and defend everything he does and that's fine, it's also disgusting sometimes.

For the record, I have no problem with the video.
Douchebag
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 31 2009, 10:51 AM) *

whah, you know your a hugger Marz, I really don't hold it against you, I was what you call a Cotto hugger, it's just that you go over top with it sometimes and I called you out for it, no big deal really.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 31 2009, 10:48 AM) *

Maybe its just me, but it seems dumb as fuck to get mad at a dude for being enthusiastic about his favorite BOXER...when he posts comments about his favorite boxer...specifically on a BOXING FORUM.

It seems equally foolish to call him out on it, the one instance where he ISNT specifically doing that. unsure.gif

I hate Floyd and I hate when people make excuses for Floyd's behavior...but I agree with that dude. There was nothing out of the ordinary about Floyd smack-talking during a sparring session, that would cause his behavior to be classified as "ghetto".
MarzB
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 31 2009, 11:15 AM) *
This isn't Baldomir. It's footage from his prep for Marquez. If you watch his last 24/7 this is the guy that is all bloody when the cameras come back on.

Thanks for the correction Box. Just a commentary about sparring. I don't know WHY people get so much in a tizzy over sparring sessions. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Sometimes some boxers intentionally don't throw as many punches so they can work on defense. Sometimes there's just bad blood in those sessions where guys are using it to kill each other. Sometimes it's a controlled session where guys are only throwing certain types of punches.

Save for baseball, hockey, basketball and football have special rosters of people who are designed as the "scout team" or "practice squad". These guys are to simulate to some degree the opposing opponent. The SAME thing occurs often in boxing.

Now I'm sure someone like the Conscience will think I'm yet defending Floyd because of his Lamont Peterson sparring session and thats fine. You can't change people's minds and I realize that LOGIC here for some doesn't work.

That said, it was just good to see some sparring footage. I'd like for HBO to do what they did with Cotto and show stills when he didn't want his sessions video'd.
KookedKrack
shok.gif

This shit is like finding footage of big foot or a ufo. Now if only that sparring session between him and Judah from a while back would pop up.

worldstar fucking sucks though.....
Douchebag
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Dec 31 2009, 11:03 AM) *
Maybe its just me, but it seems dumb as fuck to get mad at a dude for being enthusiastic about his favorite BOXER...when he posts comments about his favorite boxer...specifically on a BOXING FORUM.

It seems equally foolish to call him out on it, the one instance where he ISNT specifically doing that. unsure.gif

I hate Floyd and I hate when people make excuses for Floyd's behavior...but I agree with that dude. There was nothing out of the ordinary about Floyd smack-talking during a sparring session, that would cause his behavior to be classified as "ghetto".

It is you, because no body is mad, LOL.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 31 2009, 10:04 AM) *
shok.gif

This shit is like finding footage of big foot or a ufo. Now if only that sparring session between him and Judah from a while back would pop up.

worldstar fucking sucks though.....

LOL, dude that girl in your sig is gonna get me in trouble at work. I'm bout to ask one of these females here for some dome knowing I'm married.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 31 2009, 10:04 AM) *
Thanks for the correction Box. Just a commentary about sparring. I don't know WHY people get so much in a tizzy over sparring sessions. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Sometimes some boxers intentionally don't throw as many punches so they can work on defense. Sometimes there's just bad blood in those sessions where guys are using it to kill each other. Sometimes it's a controlled session where guys are only throwing certain types of punches.

Save for baseball, hockey, basketball and football have special rosters of people who are designed as the "scout team" or "practice squad". These guys are to simulate to some degree the opposing opponent. The SAME thing occurs often in boxing.

Now I'm sure someone like the Conscience will think I'm yet defending Floyd because of his Lamont Peterson sparring session and thats fine. You can't change people's minds and I realize that LOGIC here for some doesn't work.

That said, it was just good to see some sparring footage. I'd like for HBO to do what they did with Cotto and show stills when he didn't want his sessions video'd.

No prob dude. Don't get so defensive on here. It's ok to like Floyd, he's an exceptional boxer. He just rubs folks the wrong way.

Yeah, I wish they would put up more video or at least stills of his sparring. Maybe after he truly retires?
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 31 2009, 11:06 AM) *

smile_anim.gif

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 31 2009, 11:11 AM) *
LOL, dude that girl in your sig is gonna get me in trouble at work. I'm bout to ask one of these females here for some dome knowing I'm married.

I was thinking about changing it too I don't want the heads that are working to get in trouble over it.
KENSOFINE
LOL @ "Heads that are working".

That struck me as funny for some reason.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 31 2009, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 31 2009, 10:48 AM) *
I normally wouldn't even say anything but his hugging turns my stomach sometimes.

I apologize. You never said it made you mad, just that it turns your stomach. thumbsup_anim.gif
KookedKrack
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Dec 31 2009, 11:37 AM) *
LOL @ "Heads that are working".

That struck me as funny for some reason.

I see you are back from hiding welcome back kenneth smile_anim.gif
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 31 2009, 11:45 AM) *
I see you are back from hiding welcome back kenneth smile_anim.gif

Was I hiding? You know I could never leave you for too long, my Dominican Dark Toffee Truffle Gummy Boo Bear. drinks.gif
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 31 2009, 09:10 AM) *

QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Dec 31 2009, 10:13 AM) *

You guys are histerical. I wasnt aware this would offend you so much.

Only my opinion, but it would seem a big waste of time for the #1 pfp boxer to shit talk with some bum. What does that prove? I dont have a problem with shit talk as a rule, but only find it worthwhle in any sense when it comes against someone who can actually play at a similar level. Example.... If Larry Fitzgerald is talking shit to Champ Bailey its meaningful, but If Larry Fitzgerald is talking shit for no reason to a 3rd string bum then its "ghetto". And again, thats only my opinion, but for the most part I find shit talking to be a waste of time and energy. I could care less how common place it actually is during sparring, that doesnt automatically mean its "right" or "good" for the sport. Until someone can find me some proof that shit talking makes you a better boxer then Floyd is acting ghetto imo, and it comes off as very unbecoming for the best boxer in the world.
du365
Ron Frazier "I don't know why people think this guy has a weak chin. I've seen him in the gym sparring against junior middle weights and middleweights that are some bangers and he's handling there punches. Its not like he has ever been off his feet"

Looks like this guy did know what he was talking about. And adds credibility to what he has said.
Keith
QUOTE (du365 @ Jan 1 2010, 01:40 PM) *
Ron Frazier "I don't know why people think this guy has a weak chin. I've seen him in the gym sparring against junior middle weights and middleweights that are some bangers and he's handling there punches. Its not like he has ever been off his feet"

Looks like this guy did know what he was talking about. And adds credibility to what he has said.

I think people dont know about his chin more then they think its probably weak.

But I cant see how that sparring video adds credibilty either way. You dont know anything about that guys punching power, they're wearing headgear, possibly wearing heavier gloves.... and the the video is all of about 45 seconds long.

So your suggesting from that video that Floyd has a great chin?
thehype
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 31 2009, 11:04 AM) *
shok.gif

Not true at all.

There's A TON of sparring footage of Floyd Mayweather out there.

You just have to know where to look for it.

Here's some more footage I dug up:

KookedKrack
sad.gif

I paid to watch those sparring sessions.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 1 2010, 09:14 AM) *

Only my opinion, but it would seem a big waste of time for the #1 pfp boxer to shit talk with some bum. What does that prove? I dont have a problem with shit talk as a rule, but only find it worthwhle in any sense when it comes against someone who can actually play at a similar level. Example.... If Larry Fitzgerald is talking shit to Champ Bailey its meaningful, but If Larry Fitzgerald is talking shit for no reason to a 3rd string bum then its "ghetto". And again, thats only my opinion, but for the most part I find shit talking to be a waste of time and energy. I could care less how common place it actually is during sparring, that doesnt automatically mean its "right" or "good" for the sport. Until someone can find me some proof that shit talking makes you a better boxer then Floyd is acting ghetto imo, and it comes off as very unbecoming for the best boxer in the world.

Oh, now I see. So, what makes it "ghetto" is the level of competition he calls a bitch, and not the actual act itself? If he spars with DelaHoya, hypothetically...and calls him a bitch...its not ghetto. But, if he spars with a no-name bum, then THATS ghetto.

Got it.

Thanks for the clarity. thumbsup_anim.gif
kingknockout
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 31 2009, 08:41 AM) *
The only other footage was of his horrible sparring session on YouTube when he was fat and outta shape. These days he doesn't allow filming of his sparring but this did show up and it's pretty funny.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...cf5z3qS3B7JtR82

when was mayweather fat and out of shape? man im about sick of this forum
kingknockout
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Dec 31 2009, 09:16 AM) *

how is it ghey? when ppl are on floyds dick every minute about every little thing he does, dudes on here will try to pick on floyds haircut if they could, it's just stupid.

dudes look at floyd in and out and try to find ANY little thing to get at him about, that's female shit all the way.

ya'll mine as well see what he ate for breakfast as well
Mean Mister Mustard
By the way, is someone going to get in trouble for recording that session? After all, Mayweather doesn't allow it.
Keith
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Jan 2 2010, 10:21 AM) *
Oh, now I see. So, what makes it "ghetto" is the level of competition he calls a bitch, and not the actual act itself? If he spars with DelaHoya, hypothetically...and calls him a bitch...its not ghetto. But, if he spars with a no-name bum, then THATS ghetto.

Got it.

Thanks for the clarity. thumbsup_anim.gif

Ya, thats sounds about right. Are we cool with that?

Sometimes I think you just lurk around here looking to argue about petty stuff.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 1 2010, 09:14 AM) *

Question....and I'm not being an ass either but whats your definition of ghetto? I'm asking cause maybe it'll give me a better understanding of your logic.
Keith
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jan 5 2010, 03:39 AM) *
Question....and I'm not being an ass either but whats your definition of ghetto? I'm asking cause maybe it'll give me a better understanding of your logic.

Substitute any word you feel is better. I guess I mean that Floyd aint acting "right", no manners or sense of sportsmanship.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 5 2010, 07:00 AM) *
Substitute any word you feel is better. I guess I mean that Floyd aint acting "right", no manners or sense of sportsmanship.

Understood!

I prefer ignorant in that situation. You still alright with me though Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine
drinks.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Jan 2 2010, 04:44 PM) *
when was mayweather fat and out of shape? man im about sick of this forum

LMAO. I hate Floyd's fuckin' guts myself but this is kinda funny I have to admit. Floyd's hasn't been fat or out of shape since he was in diapers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.