Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Make A List and Discuss Boxing's Most Hated Rivals
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
I am talking about your top lists of fighters who actually fought at least once in the ring where the hatred was pure hatred and not hype. What two fighters actually fought each other that really wanted to see the other seriously hurt? Your list should include fighters who fought at least once who had a disdain that was not hype.

My top was Duran-Leonard the first fight:

I remember that they both really hated each other. But Duran leading up to that fight cursed Leonard, his wife, his family everything about him and Leonard was really pissed and decided to brawl instead of box that night.

And than Holyfield-Tyson II

Another example of Tyson's hatred of Holyfield were Mike believed the head-butts from Holyfield were intensional. He really wanted to kill Evander that night and I am sure that Holyfield felt the same way after being bitten twice.

In fact, when ABC Sports showed a replay of the fight, they showed Tyson in an absolute rage trying to break down Holyfield's door to his dressing room, an incident that was overlooked in the live broadcast.

What others? This could be a great list!

Jack
Maxy
Greg Haugen and Vinny Pazienza hated each other. Their first two fights were pretty savage and there was a great deal of bad mouthing between the two of them.

I'm sure Morales and Barrera had a loathing for one another.

Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn definitely hated each other.

Frazier was never, and still isn't to fond of Ali.
JLUVBABY
emile griffith vs. benny paret... they hated each other.. paret died due to injuries from their 3rd fight... there was legit hatred between the two...
Col Reb
This isn't all ATG matchup, but I remember Oscar and Vargas had plenty of hatred between them.
Keith
Barrera and Morales. Those guys hated because of their respective backgrounds. It was very territorial... almost like gang bangers fighting for control of all Mexico.
STEVENSKI
Morales & Barerra genuine hate between those two.

Frazier hated Ali for good reason. Ali was & is a piece of shit. Best not go down that path though.....
Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 2 2010, 08:59 PM) *

Frazier hated Ali for good reason. Ali was & is a piece of shit. Best not go down that path though.....

No your right dude. He was a piece of shit. How many wives has that man gone through. What he did to Frazier was very shitty, especially after Frazier helped him out.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 2 2010, 09:59 PM) *

This explains a lot.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 2 2010, 10:06 PM) *
No your right dude. He was a piece of shit. How many wives has that man gone through. What he did to Frazier was very shitty, especially after Frazier helped him out.

A hell of a lot.
SmartyBeardo
Liston hated Clay.
JLUVBABY
tyson ruddock is one most on here should remember... they had real hate for each other...
SmartyBeardo
Ali hated Terrell.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 2 2010, 10:50 PM) *
Ali hated Terrell.

ali vs most of all of his most famous opponents... lol... terrell, liston, patterson, williams, folley, frazier, foreman... ali had beef with all those guys from them calling him clay to his shit talking... lol... and im sure im forgetting some others he fought... ali at least early in his career has to be one of the most hated fighter ever to say he is loved so much by so many worldwide now.. amazing... he is truley an amazing man...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 3 2010, 01:55 AM) *
ali vs most of all of his most famous opponents... lol... terrell, liston, patterson, williams, folley, frazier, foreman... ali had beef with all those guys from them calling him clay to his shit talking... lol... and im sure im forgetting some others he fought... ali at least early in his career has to be one of the most hated fighter ever to say he is loved so much by so many worldwide now.. amazing... he is truley an amazing man...

Indeed.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Mayorga and Vargas. Who can forget those plexi-glass press conferences. Priceless.

Oh heck Mayorga and everyone.

Tyson hated Biggs.

James Toney hated Sam Peter, he was gonna put him in a pine box and send him back to Africa!

Rahman and Lewis hated each other.

I can't remember exactly did Hagler have much love for Leonard? I know he sure hated his guts after the fight!! LOL

Foreman and Ali had a distaste for each other as well.
Lil-lightsout
Homles-Cooney. I remember watching it as a kid with my Dad. Wasn't there alot of hate from Holmes due to Cooney being white and other stuff? I am very sketchy on it, just remember the hype was crazy and Holmes seemed very angry at Cooney. Anyone want to fill me in on details from what they remember on that fight?
JLUVBABY
i forgot leonard and duran... duran had pure hatred for sugar ray... lol....
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 2 2010, 08:59 PM) *

What Ali did to Frazier was down right WRONG... But to say Ali is STILL a piece of shit is down right WRONG as well. But nothing surprises me when it comes to you and Black, american fighters.
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 3 2010, 03:12 PM) *
What Ali did to Frazier was down right WRONG... But to say Ali is STILL a piece of shit is down right WRONG as well. But nothing surprises me when it comes to you and Black, american fighters.

As far as I know he's never apologized for it. So as far as I'm concerned he's still a piece of shit.

An anybody who's been married 4 times has some issues. Cheating on your spouses repeatedly is pretty shitty.

Do either of those things have anything to do with him being African Amercian?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 3 2010, 05:51 PM) *
As far as I know he's never apologized for it. So as far as I'm concerned he's still a piece of shit.

An anybody who's been married 4 times has some issues. Cheating on your spouses repeatedly is pretty shitty.

First off Keith... I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Stevenski... And Ali HAS apologized to Frazier. Being married 4 times is out of norm for the average joe but being a popular figure like Ali was it is NOT out of the norm to have affairs. I'm not defending him but Im not going to call him a piece of shit for slipping out the back door.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 3 2010, 06:51 PM) *

'cism
Spyder
Richard Grant and James Butler

Larry Holmes - Trevor Berbick

Riddick Bowe - Larry Donald

D-MARV
James Butler is a Real Piece of shit!
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 3 2010, 06:11 PM) *
First off Keith... I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Stevenski... And Ali HAS apologized to Frazier. Being married 4 times is out of norm for the average joe but being a popular figure like Ali was it is NOT out of the norm to have affairs. I'm not defending him but Im not going to call him a piece of shit for slipping out the back door.

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 3 2010, 06:14 PM) *
'cism

Alright guys, lets just drop the subject. I regret replying to begin with if thats where its going.

StyleZ, I like you dude but use a pm if you dont want anybody to reply to your post. I realize you actually were replying to Steven but if it on the board everyone is reading it. That being said... Peace.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 3 2010, 09:12 PM) *

What the fuck does black have to do with anything? There are numerous black fighters I respect & admire a great deal. Guys like Joe Louis, Holyfield, Mosley, Hearns & the like I have a great deal of respect for. Just because I can't stand scum like Mayweather & have no respect for a piece of shit like Ali does not make me a fucking racist. This card has been played one too many fucking times. Those who damm well know me & my opinions on here know I am no damm racist.

It it a coincidence I hate a number of black fighters? Possibly. I'd say it has a lot to do with the way certain fighters carry themselves that makes me dislike them. I hated Naseem Hamed as well & I also hate DLH & hate Malignaggi too.

So kindly take your "black American fighters" garbage & shove it up your arse. Look up the archives for "STEVENSKI" "Clay" "Ali" "shit" & you will find all you need to find as this was all done about 6 months ago.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 3 2010, 07:57 PM) *
Alright guys, lets just drop the subject. I regret replying to begin with if thats where its going.

You the one who said it..... maybe you meant something else and it came across that way but yeah, last time I checked men of ALL races cheat and or have a gang of wives.

I mean if regular guys like us can get caught up imagine a guy who is insanely famous/rich.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 3 2010, 08:33 PM) *
What the fuck does black have to do with anything? There are numerous black fighters I respect & admire a great deal. Guys like Joe Louis, Holyfield, Mosley, Hearns & the like I have a great deal of respect for. Just because I can't stand scum like Mayweather & have no respect for a piece of shit like Ali does not make me a fucking racist. This card has been played one too many fucking times. Those who damm well know me & my opinions on here know I am no damm racist.

It it a coincidence I hate a number of black fighters? Possibly. I'd say it has a lot to do with the way certain fighters carry themselves that makes me dislike them. I hated Naseem Hamed as well & I also hate DLH & hate Malignaggi too.

So kindly take your "black American fighters" garbage & shove it up your arse. Look up the archives for "STEVENSKI" "Clay" "Ali" "shit" & you will find all you need to find as this was all done about 6 months ago.

I'll cosign you STEV you are a equal opportunity hater. smile_anim.gif
Keith
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 3 2010, 07:36 PM) *
You the one who said it..... maybe you meant something else and it came across that way but yeah, last time I checked men of ALL races cheat and or have a gang of wives.

I mean if regular guys like us can get caught up imagine a guy who is insanely famous/rich.

You need to go back and read what I was replying to. I nevebr said African Americans cheat on their wives anymore then any other group of people. I asked how Ali being a piece of shit (cheating on his wife) had anything to do with him being Black? Total opposite of the way you took it.

And if being rich and famous somehow gives you a permission slip to be a shitty husband... then thats an argument I cant understand.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 3 2010, 07:33 PM) *

I don't think you're a racist Steve but you say a lot of borderline shit. I never really said anything to you becuase I do respect you as a poster but you have said or done a lot of shit in the past that many may take as racist. Me personally, I don't give a fuck. All I said was when it comes to "black american" fighters nothing you say surprises me. You obviously don't know shit about Ali or what he's done since his career has ended so I guess that makes statements like "Ali is STILL a piece of shit" Ignorant rather than racist.

I find it funny that you respect fighters like Mosley and Holyfield when they have done shit to be labled a "Piece of Shit". But that besides the point. My point is this... You may or may not be a racist... I don't really care, You're funny as shit but you say a lot of shit that can be taken as racist. But it's whatever, You have you're opinion so all I can do is respect it.
D-MARV
double post
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 3 2010, 07:55 PM) *
You need to go back and read what I was replying to. I nevebr said African Americans cheat on their wives anymore then any other group of people. I asked how Ali being a piece of shit (cheating on his wife) had anything to do with him being Black? Total opposite of the way you took it.

And if being rich and famous somehow gives you a permission slip to be a shitty husband... then thats an argument I cant understand.

Oh ok my bad then....

And no being rich and famous doesn't give you permission to be a shitty husband but at the end of the day we are all human and all have our faults, whether it be drugs, alcohol women whatever.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 4 2010, 01:59 AM) *
I don't think you're a racist Steve but you say a lot of borderline shit. I never really said anything to you becuase I do respect you as a poster but you have said or done a lot of shit in the past that many may take as racist. Me personally, I don't give a fuck. All I said was when it comes to "black american" fighters nothing you say surprises me. You obviously don't know shit about Ali or what he's done since his career has ended so I guess that makes statements like "Ali is STILL a piece of shit" Ignorant rather than racist.

I find it funny that you respect fighters like Mosley and Holyfield when they have done shit to be labled a "Piece of Shit". But that besides the point. My point is this... You may or may not be a racist... I don't really care, You're funny as shit but you say a lot of shit that can be taken as racist. But it's whatever, You have you're opinion so all I can do is respect it.

Of course the shit I say can be construed anyway people like it to. Sometimes it is designed that way as I like a bit of controversey & stirring the pot is what I do best. LOL. I know Ali has done a lot of good since his retirement I am a big Frazier fan & what Ali did to his is unforgivable. Joe sees things my way because he said he would still enjoy putting a beating on Ali because of all the shit he did when all Joe did was try & help the bastard out of a jam.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 3 2010, 08:19 PM) *
Of course the shit I say can be construed anyway people like it to. Sometimes it is designed that way as I like a bit of controversey & stirring the pot is what I do best. LOL. I know Ali has done a lot of good since his retirement I am a big Frazier fan & what Ali did to his is unforgivable. Joe sees things my way because he said he would still enjoy putting a beating on Ali because of all the shit he did when all Joe did was try & help the bastard out of a jam.

I don't think Joe sees everything you're way because he's come out and said that he would like to be friends with Ali.

Another thing... If you like to get a reaction out of people and create a bit of controversy then I don't see why you get all up in arms when someone calls you a racist. LOL, I mean that's what you want, right?
BigG
Ali was a showman and I agree that he took a bit too far with Frazier who was really an aw shucks type of guy but to call Ali a piece of shit is wrong because not only was he the greatest fighter, he served as a champion of the people and a hero.

And Frazier and Ali gave each other horrible beatings.
Spyder
QUOTE (BigG @ Jan 3 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Ali was a showman and I agree that he took a bit too far with Frazier who was really an aw shucks type of guy but to call Ali a piece of shit is wrong because not only was he the greatest fighter, he served as a champion of the people and a hero.

And Frazier and Ali gave each other horrible beatings.

If he was a Champion of the People, then shouldn't he have fought beside them in Vietnam rather than sitting his ass in jail?
Keith
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 3 2010, 09:46 PM) *
If he was a Champion of the People, then shouldn't he have fought beside them in Vietnam rather than sitting his ass in jail?

No, disagree. Any human being who chooses not to kill other human beings is ok in my book.... but he's still a piece of shit laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 3 2010, 08:46 PM) *

hell naw i dont agree with that not one bit... ali, in his heart didnt want to be a part of why the us was over their in nam... even though he most likely wouldnt have even been anywhere near the front line, meaning there to box exhibitions ala joe louis, and we all know how he (joe) got screwed over by this country for his good deeds... ali stood up for what he believed in.... (back when i sold cars me and my sales manager got into a big argument behind this...) and i can understand why he didnt want to go to vietnam at the time which was the fact that the government wanted to use him as the champion that he was for moral for the soilders... as a black man during those times and the blacks would have been who he would have representing as a public figure, didnt even have equal rights at the time, couldnt drink out of the same water fountain or ride in the the front of a bus, had to eat out the back door of restraunts (unless it was black owned and even some black owned restraunts tat was still the story)... i wouldnt have went either, he was good to be used as a moral figure but not good enough to be considered as an equal to the whites in this country?... ali stood up for the MORALS that he believed in which is something more people should do... the world would be a better place... something else people seem to forget is ali had no buisness over there anyway.. he initially failed his test into the army... they changed his score thinking they had another joe louis happy to do what ever for uncle charlie.... ali did the right thing and i bet he slept like the champ he was and is every night he spent in jail... his famous words for why he didnt go, and i wont repeat them, was very true for the times and the circumstances in my opinion...
King Eugene
^
thumbsup_anim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.