Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather Pavlik???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
If the Pacquiao fight can't be made, does this fight make sense?
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jan 2 2010, 11:14 AM) *
If the Pacquiao fight can't be made, does this fight make sense?

This fight makes tons of sense as far PBF legacy goes. This is the kind of fight boxing fans have been wanting PBF to fight. Fight someone who can truly do damage to you and make you fight with some heart. He'd get major props. if he stepped up like that.
KENSOFINE
Incorrect. Pavlik is not a competitive match for Mayweather. AT ALL. It will look like Roy Jones vs John Ruiz. Pointless fight.
KookedKrack
Pavlik would not land ANYTHING on Floyd but I really can't see this fight being made anyway.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 2 2010, 02:27 PM) *
Pavlik would not land ANYTHING on Floyd but I really can't see this fight being made anyway.

I knew you would agree with me, Sugarboobs!! ok.gif cool.gif
KookedKrack
wub.gif

no homo.
kingknockout
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jan 2 2010, 02:19 PM) *
This fight makes tons of sense as far PBF legacy goes. This is the kind of fight boxing fans have been wanting PBF to fight. Fight someone who can truly do damage to you and make you fight with some heart. He'd get major props. if he stepped up like that.

man mayweather would whopp the pigmentation off of that man...are you serious? LMFAO

that fight would be a waste and a half, why fight pavlik like he's some all time great? who is pavlik? other than someone that beat jermaine taylor? other than that, who is he?

why fight pavlik, when you can fight some one better *paul cough williams*
Maxy
Mayweather would make Pavlik look like a club fighter....

Hang on....in any other era Pavlik would be no more than a club fighter anyway!

If Floyd fights this crude ass bum he'll lose even more respect from a lot of fans.
Keith
If Floyd could easily beat titleholders at 160 he would of already done it to secure his legacy as a 6 division champ. Its quite comical to suggest Pavlik wouldnt land anything against a guy with that kind of size advantage. Just comical.

Floyd is the best boxer in the world but your but your overestimating his skills. He didnt exactly dominate a slow past his prime DLH at 154.

Pavlik may have holes in his game, but he's only been beaten by Hopkins and that was at 170. And Hopkins is universally recognized as a bad ass fighter. No shame in that.

Floyd wouldnt be able to hurt Pavlik at all. AT ALL! And he would have a tough time countering the prodigious reach advantage Pavlik possesses. Hopkins beat Pavlik not only by outboxing him, but because he was of similar size and when he hit him...he hurt his ass.
Maxy
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 2 2010, 05:08 PM) *
If Floyd could easily beat titleholders at 160 he would of already done it to secure his legacy as a 6 division champ. Its quite comical to suggest Pavlik wouldnt land anything against a guy with that kind of size advantage. Just comical.

No it's not, and all of this 6 division, 7 division bullshit cuts no ice if the said fighter isn't prepared to beat the best fighters in the divisions he has won a so called world title in.

Makes a damn mockery of it all.
Keith
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 2 2010, 04:14 PM) *
No it's not, and all of this 6 division, 7 division bullshit cuts no ice if the said fighter isn't prepared to beat the best fighters in the divisions he has won a so called world title in.

Makes a damn mockery of it all.

I'm not arguing whether Floyd is a joke or not, I hate the dude. But in Floyds mind 5, 6, 7 division champ matters.
AussieLad
This thread is... words fail me...

Lets look at it.. huge size advantage for pavlik, power puncher, only loss is to hopkins. Hell would freeze over and then be refitted as a subsidiary of Santa's Winterland Workshop before this fight even came close to entering into floyds mind.

0% chance of ever happening. In fact, 0% is not low enough.
Maxy
Nobody can dispute Mayweathers talent, he's shed loads more talented than Pavlik.

As a boxer he's well up there - and no, I'm not a fan of his at all. I always live by the old adage that a good big un beats a good lil un but for me Pavlik ain't all that good.

Mayweather probably won't ever fight him....either Pavlik will lose again soon or Mayweathers ever decreasing ball size will render him completely impotent.

Peanuts spring to mind.

Floyd and Pac are both guilty of claiming to be multiple weight champions without actually beating the best fighters in each division...

Besides, I like a fighter who proves, that he is the best in a division, beyond doubt, before he steps up to the next division...and when he steps up he HAS to face the BEST fighter in the next division.

That said, I don't care how many so called titles these fighters have won. Big deal.

...And I still think Floyd could beat Pavlik...but so what?
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 2 2010, 01:08 PM) *

Floyd is the best boxer in the world but your but your overestimating his skills. He didnt exactly dominate a slow past his prime DLH at 154.

Pavlik may have holes in his game, but he's only been beaten by Hopkins and that was at 170. And Hopkins is universally recognized as a bad ass fighter. No shame in that.

Floyd wouldnt be able to hurt Pavlik at all. AT ALL! And he would have a tough time countering the prodigious reach advantage Pavlik possesses. Hopkins beat Pavlik not only by outboxing him, but because he was of similar size and when he hit him...he hurt his ass.

Co-sign, I agree 100% with everything you said.
Keith
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 2 2010, 04:43 PM) *
...And I still think Floyd could beat Pavlik...but so what?

Hey its cool Maxy. I respect it your opinion. I think we probably disagree more about how good Pavlik is then about Floyd overall.
KookedKrack
While Floyd wouldn't have the power to hurt him I think you guys are overrating Pavlik. He has only been successful against dudes who stand right in front of him, Hopkins showed that movement leaves him dumbfounded.
Maxy
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 2 2010, 05:08 PM) *

Well you added this part to your post after I had replied to your original post.....no shame in that.

You make a good argument and obviously your edited post reflects your true opinion more clearly. I'm cool with that.

I don't want to seem like a Floyd nuthugger....let me make it clear, I don't like the bloke, I'm no fan of his, and I hope he gets knocked out by whomever ASAP....

However, I don't have much respect for Pavlik as an elite fighter....to me, he simply isn't.

You're right though, if Floyd thought he could beat him he'd probably try to make the fight. I think he could beat Pavlik but like I said, his balls are the size of peanuts...maybe raisins...
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 2 2010, 05:02 PM) *
While Floyd wouldn't have the power to hurt him I think you guys are overrating Pavlik. He has only been successful against dudes who stand right in front of him, Hopkins showed that movement leaves him dumbfounded.

Agreed. On top of that, Jermain Taylor showed that he can be hit easily with hooking jabs...which Floyd is a MASTER at throwing.

The comparison to DLH is absurd. I refuse to even dignify that with one of my grandiloquent posts. thumbsdown_anim.gif
Keith
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 2 2010, 05:04 PM) *
Well you added this part to your post after I had replied to your original post.....no shame in that.

You make a good argument and obviously your edited post reflects your true opinion more clearly. I'm cool with that.

I wasnt trying to decieve you in any way. I was editing it as you were replying.
Maxy
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 2 2010, 05:09 PM) *
I wasnt trying to decieve you in any way. I was editing it as you were replying.

Yeah no worries I didn't think you were.
Keith
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Jan 2 2010, 05:07 PM) *
Agreed. On top of that, Jermain Taylor showed that he can be hit easily with hooking jabs...which Floyd is a MASTER at throwing.

The comparison to DLH is absurd. I refuse to even dignify that with one of my grandiloquent posts. thumbsdown_anim.gif

How is it upsurd. DLH was towards the end. He wasnt moving any better in that fight then Pavlik moves now. And DLH had success against Floyd because he was bigger.... it wasnt because he was faster, more skilled, or a bigger puncher. DLH threw a jab and tried to walk Floyd down and be the bigger man. The differnce is Pavlik is much bigger, stronger, and longer then DLH was. Jermain Talyor was able to hit Pavlik with hooking jabs because JT is 6'1".
provo
This fight will never happen!
If Mayweather was to go up in weight it would most likely be against a bigger name than Pavlik ,shit maybe Calzaghee comes out of retirement LOL.
Col Reb
I would love to see PBF take on guys who can give him a fight. Williams, Mosley, Pac, Pavlik, Martinez, any of these guys would be great. I'd even take Cintron. However, I don't think Floyd is willing to face Pavlik because of the risk, but it would make sense for Floyd's legacy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.