Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muhammad Ali or Sugar Ray Leonard who do you think is greater?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
I've been watching ALOT of both lately...these two are usually rated top 5 or top 10 of all time, who was greater?

I say Ali, HANDS DOWN. Only Ray Robinson is maybe greater than Ali to me.
Maxy
Ali is greater...

But watch this vid....it's well worth it. You have to watch it all the way through.

Box in Hand
There is no question. Ali transcended the sport and went beyond boxing.
Romulus9
Ali.

Not close.

Ray Leonard isn't in the top 10.
xxxxxx
Ali is greater than Leonard.
JLUVBABY
this is not even a debate... lol.. ali was by far greater than leonard.. i would put leonard in the top 20 somewhere maybe...
Keith
Ali is simply greater. Everyday and twice on Sunday.

SRL was probably better p4p imo, if it matters at all to the discussion.
SmartyBeardo
IMO, Ali is the GOAT of his division.

Not so with Leonard.
D-MARV
Ali hands down.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BigG @ Jan 2 2010, 04:38 PM) *
I've been watching ALOT of both lately...these two are usually rated top 5 or top 10 of all time, who was greater?

I say Ali, HANDS DOWN. Only Ray Robinson is maybe greater than Ali to me.

a good question is what fighter in his prime could have really competed with ray robinson in his prime?... welter to middle take your pick... i know most wont agree but i would love a mythical match up of robinson vs prime roy jones at middleweight or robinson vs. pernell whitaker at welterweight... whitaker was better at 135 but for weight to weight comparison id go with whitaker at welterweight.... those are the only 2 to me that come to mind...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.