Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: p4p... what is the best division in the History of boxing?...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
when i say pound 4 pound i mean what division has had the greatest fighters past through its ranks?... in my opinion its out of 2 divisions... light weight and welter weight.... i will go with welterweight cuzz som many of the great lightweights have ended up in the welterweight division... what do you guys think?.. and also what are your favorite fights in the divisions you choose as the best of all time?... my favorite fight of all time is the first leonard vs. hearns fight... i say that for many reasons... its the first fight i remember watching with my grandfather and it was on closed circuit at the beaumont civic center... i was a little kid and it was me and gramps watching the fights... i'll never forget it... what are you guys memories?... please share..
BigG
Welterweight
Lightweight
Middleweight
Heavyweight

In that order
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
WW.

D-MARV
QUOTE (BigG @ Jan 3 2010, 04:25 AM) *
Welterweight
Lightweight
Middleweight
Heavyweight

In that order

Exactly.

JonnyBlaze
Ya guys forgot to mention Light heavy..Archie Moore,Ezzard Charles,Bob Foster,Billy Conn,Tommy Loughran,Joey Maxim,Gene Tunney,Michael Spinks,Roy Jones,and the list goes on..When I think of the best weight class P4P,light heavy is up there..
JD
CEO would agree...Super Middleweight.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 5 2010, 01:15 PM) *
CEO would agree...Super Middleweight.

Oh yeah....from their inception in 1984 to the present day, there's been an overabundance of Elite P4Pers who have called that division "Home"...it's basically provided Boxing with a quarter century of UNPARALLELED talent.

Put it this way....The Great Sven Ottke and The Superhuman Joe Calzaghe ruled there for YEARS....they BOTH defended their titles 20+ TIMES and retired UNDEFEATED...numbers don't lie...they were awesome fighters...STELLAR division.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 5 2010, 06:40 PM) *
Oh yeah....from their inception in 1984 to the present day, there's been an overabundance of Elite P4Pers who have called that division "Home"...it's basically provided Boxing with a quarter century of UNPARALLELED talent.

Put it this way....The Great Sven Ottke and The Superhuman Joe Calzaghe ruled there for YEARS....they BOTH defended their titles 20+ TIMES and retired UNDEFEATED...numbers don't lie...they were awesome fighters...STELLAR division.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.