Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a worse boxing writer than Johnny Benz?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
I don't have any delusions of myself being some great writer or anything, but this Benz dude is a clown. I remember I used to go to DHB back when I first started looking up boxing articles regularly, and it always amazed me at how misleading his headlines are. Like a topic about Tyson doing some announcing for a fight, had the headline "MIKE TYSON MAKES BOXING COMEBACK" or some shit like that.

I tend to avoid that site like the plague, but I DO go to Maxboxing to see some of their articles, and apparantly they have a deal with DHB or something because all their content is featured on MB.

So I was on there recently and they had the topic "MANNY PACQUIAO TAPS JENNIFER LOPEZ ON NEW YEAR'S"

Then when you click on it it has the headline "Boxing Icon Manny Pacquiao tapped Jennifer Lopez' Hot Ass on New Years!"

And what's the post ABOUT? Manny topping the list of yahoo searches, Lopez being second due to that skin tight suit she was wearing @ the New Years celebration.

And obviously considering the allegations in the past of Manny cheating on his wife, this wasn't a coincidence.

I mean, how lame and lacking any sort of respectability is that when you're whoring for hits by posting misleading headlines like that?

I can't think of anyone else out there writing regularly for boxing (aside from everyone's favorite whipping boy) that even compares to this douchebag. I don't know anything about him, or what his credentials are or whatever, but I dunno. Dude just seems like a bum to me.
KENSOFINE
And you know what else I hate?!?!?!

White people that PAY for concerts and bring tomotoes to throw at the musicians!! If the musicians were wack enough to bring tomatoes to throw at them, why on God's green earth would you pay to get into a concert you already KNEW would suck, hence the reason you even took tomatoes in the first place?!?!

I mean, WHAT THE HELL?!?!

And While I'm at it...

Who's idea was "hummus" any damn way?

I mean, Really people...C'MON!!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Jan 4 2010, 03:31 PM) *
And you know what else I hate?!?!?!

White people that PAY for concerts and bring tomotoes to throw at the musicians!! If the musicians were wack enough to bring tomatoes to throw at them, why on God's green earth would you pay to get into a concert you already KNEW would suck, hence the reason you even took tomatoes in the first place?!?!

I mean, WHAT THE HELL?!?!

And While I'm at it...

Who's idea was "hummus" any damn way?

I mean, Really people...C'MON!!

WTF????? Don't smoke crack, don't hang around at meth labs, and never never ever, lick lead.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jan 4 2010, 04:45 PM) *
WTF????? Don't smoke crack, don't hang around at meth labs, and never never ever, lick lead.

You speak as though your knowledge is from personal experience. My posts hit a little close to home, huh? not_i.gif
KookedKrack
laugh.gif @ this Larry David style rant.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 4 2010, 03:37 PM) *
laugh.gif @ this Larry David style rant.

looooooool. I've been re-watching through the entire series with a friend of mine. We're almost through season 2. Larry just fucked up Shaq's knee in the last ep I watched.

He's got so many funny ass lines in that whole series, man. "I told you blowjobs in the car was dangerous!" "GET THE FUCKING KNIFE, LARRY!" lol
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 4 2010, 06:59 PM) *
looooooool. I've been re-watching through the entire series with a friend of mine. We're almost through season 2. Larry just fucked up Shaq's knee in the last ep I watched.

He's got so many funny ass lines in that whole series, man. "I told you blowjobs in the car was dangerous!" "GET THE FUCKING KNIFE, LARRY!" lol

smile_anim.gif

Curb is the GOAT show Larry can do no wrong in my eyes and Leon was funny as fuck this season.

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
The only comedy show I'd put above Curb is Arrested Development. That was simply a perfect comedy show with little to no dead episodes.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 4 2010, 09:44 PM) *
What's wrong with hummus? It's a fine dip.

Agreed. I eat hummus nearly everyday.
JD
I dig on hummus.
D-MARV
Hummus is the shit!
lloyd mayflower
Agreed, although we spell it huomous, but no matter, its a fine thing to dip other things into then eat
lloyd mayflower
Also, the Pacman cocksucking perpetrated on boxingscene by Ronnie Nathanielsz gets right on my last nerve. In fact, Torvix, if your reading this, is your real name Ronald?
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 5 2010, 08:10 AM) *
Also, the Pacman cocksucking perpetrated on boxingscene by Ronnie Nathanielsz gets right on my last nerve. In fact, Torvix, if your reading this, is your real name Ronald?

Dude, what does any of that have to do with hummus? offtopic.gif
lloyd mayflower
My hummus post was given its rightful place as my first post on the topic. I like to go off on a tangent sometimes
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 5 2010, 05:56 PM) *
My hummus post was given its rightful place as my first post on the topic. I like to go off on a tangent sometimes

Point noted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.