Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFL Playoffs
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
streetlion1
Now that the regular season is over we know which teams will be battling it out for the Lombardi Trophy...so lets see what happens.

My Vikings did a game better than I predicted they would but had one rough December. We are undefeated at home so I think we for sure win our first Playoff game....from there it just depends where we go. For everyone who is high on the Saints.....dont hold your breathe! The Saints have looked worst than the Vikings the past month and their defense has more holes than swiss cheese. They cant stop the run or the pass and suddenly their offensive line isnt protecting Drew Brees. The Saints will probably lose their first game and if not and they face us in the Championship game they are gonna get crushed.

The team I was afraid of seeing was the Eagles...but if they play us the way they played the Cowboys last week they are done. The Cardinals have what it takes to beat us but not on our feild....The Cowboys are a more balanced team with only 2 threats through the air (Witten, Austin) so they are the team I would most like the Vikings to see. To me IMO the Packers would be our biggest threat because they know us so well and it is really hard to beat a team 3 times in a year. I think a Vikings-Packers NFC title game would be great given the whole Favre-Packers soap opera. lol....obviously im picking the Vikings to come out of the NFC.

In the AFC I like the Colts but im definitely not sleeping on the Chargers! If there is a team that can beat the Colts given the matchups its the Chargers. I really like the Bengals but there is too much going against that team. The Patriots can never be counted out but with Tom Brady having broken ribs and a finger on his throwing hand I think that puts them outta the equation.

Super Bowl......Vikings v.s. Colts or Chargers.....I would love to see Favre v.s. Manning. Old school v.s. new school....the best there was against the best there is...and the best there was is still pretty damn good!

Spyder
Fuck the Playoffs!!

Let's talk about the draft...sooooo, do you think the Bucs have a shot at getting Suh?

laugh.gif
King Eugene
Ummmm I'm a Cowboy's fan but I dont give a shit. I'm depressed CFL is coming to an end.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Watch out, My Packers could see the Vikings in that 2nd round. I think both the Eagles and Packers will win their wildcard games setting up the huge game in the metrodome. The Packers line has improved since they played last, and their D is solid. Rodgers will tear that team apart and the refs won't fuck them in the dome this time. Without a solid running game, which hasn't been there for the last few weeks, the Vikes won't make it far. They can't rely on just Favre to get them to Miami. The Packers have a more balanced attack, and Grant had a good end of the season. I really feel my team could take it all the way this year.
streetlion1
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jan 7 2010, 02:14 PM) *
Watch out, My Packers could see the Vikings in that 2nd round. I think both the Eagles and Packers will win their wildcard games setting up the huge game in the metrodome. The Packers line has improved since they played last, and their D is solid. Rodgers will tear that team apart and the refs won't fuck them in the dome this time. Without a solid running game, which hasn't been there for the last few weeks, the Vikes won't make it far. They can't rely on just Favre to get them to Miami. The Packers have a more balanced attack, and Grant had a good end of the season. I really feel my team could take it all the way this year.

How bout them Packers?! thumbsup_anim.gif Nah in all seriousness who couldve seen that coming? I really thought the Packers were gonna dominate the Cardinals but the Packers #2 defense didnt even show up. I really dont like the Cards and was actually cheering for the Pack last night.

I really didnt think the Eagles could beat the Cowboys so im not surprised about that one. Cowboys v.s. Vikings will be a very tough game but its in the Metrodome and we are undefeated at home this year....watch for Jared Allen to have at least 2 sacks and the Vikings defense to turn Romo into the homo of old. Dont get me wrong...Demarcus Ware will have a sack or 2 on Favre but Harvin and Peterson will have big days.

I can see the Cardinals going into New Orleans and stealing a win...WAIT....not anymore...that defense is pathetic! Aaron Rogers carved up that defense and if not for a couple costly turnovers and the referees help the Packers would be playing the Saints. I see the Cardinals getting torched by Brees...Meachem and Colston will have huge days!

In the AFC I fully expect the Jets to get the hell beat out of them by the Chargers.....upset pick of the week......Ravens over Colts. Ray Rice was on fire....granted it was against the Patriot defense but that whole Ravens squad impressed me with that performance. That was the first time I have ever heard the Patriots get booed at home! Baltimore is a sleeper team in these playoffs and against the Colts because they have the kind of team that can beat them. Good defense and pass rush....good running game.

Stand up Vikings nation!!!! clapping.gif aggressive.gif
D-MARV
Cowboys are the hottest team in the NFC right now... Cowboys 27-21 over the Vikings.
King Eugene
Cowboys vs. Colts in the Superbowl.
Spyder
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jan 7 2010, 03:14 PM) *

What?!?

I thought that you were a Browns fan...

EDIT: I stand corrected... laugh.gif

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 9 2009, 04:34 PM) *
lol, I'm from MN and go to the U of M so I kinda have to cheer for them although yea they kinda suck. I've liked Spinks ever since 02 when I saw him on ESPN. A lot of my family is from Wisc. so I got caught up in the whole GB Packer thing too. My brother has been a Browns fan since the 80's, so I guess that's how I get into that too. I got a lot of ground covered I guess.

JD
New Orleans over Arizona in a game that may not see one stop.
Dallas over Minnesota in a game that will be tight, but Favre will throw a costly pick.
KENSOFINE
I am a Dallas fan, but realistically, we aint gonna make it to the Super Bowl. I cant see us beating both New Orleans and the Vikings in the playoffs. That would be a hellified miracle. Lately, we have been on a healthy run...but we can be inconsistent at times.
JD
I don't see Dallas winning in New Orleans with Payton and Williams having a second crack. The Saints mailed it after that Dallas game when they were totally flat - and still almost came back. The Dome is going to be hell to play in.
Spyder
The sorry ass Bucs beat New Orleans in the dome...
streetlion1
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 11 2010, 10:33 AM) *
New Orleans over Arizona in a game that may not see one stop.
Dallas over Minnesota in a game that will be tight, but Favre will throw a costly pick.

I dunno...everyone is looking for that bad day/mistake from Favre but he is having the best season of his career. If anyone throws a costly pick it will be Romo....he has had alot of help from Barber, Jones, and Choice....what will happen once his rushing game is totally shut down and he has to put the game on his back in the NFL's loudest stadium? I do look for Witten to have a big game and the Dallas defense will keep them in it but the Vikings have a defense of our own and alot of fire power on offense.

Vikings 27 Cowboys 20
King Eugene
Dallas is whipping those Vikings. They are going to have Farve throwing no look passes like he did against Arizona.
Spyder
Percy Harvin is gonna tear them boys up!

Like Bubb Rubb says... "Wooo Wooo!"

JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 11 2010, 02:51 PM) *
The sorry ass Bucs beat New Orleans in the dome...

When they mailed it in.
JD
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Jan 11 2010, 03:17 PM) *
I dunno...everyone is looking for that bad day/mistake from Favre but he is having the best season of his career. If anyone throws a costly pick it will be Romo....he has had alot of help from Barber, Jones, and Choice....what will happen once his rushing game is totally shut down and he has to put the game on his back in the NFL's loudest stadium? I do look for Witten to have a big game and the Dallas defense will keep them in it but the Vikings have a defense of our own and alot of fire power on offense.

Vikings 27 Cowboys 20

The Vikings secondary worries no one, big mistake letting Sharper walk. The Dallas D will win it though...not their offense.

JD
But...more importantly...what the hell was LT thinking?!?!?!

Watch this in its entirety!

Mino
Cowboys are the hottest and most complete team alive right now..The defense is playing lights out...They will have Favre running for his life, and Romo is playing the best ball of his career..The Cowboys will advance to NFC Championship game and hopefully against the Cardinals at home
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 12 2010, 09:22 AM) *
When they mailed it in.

They were still playing for homefield advantage.
D-MARV
Farve is gonna look his age on Sunday! Im giving the Vikings too much respect, Cowboys by 14.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 12 2010, 09:29 AM) *
But...more importantly...what the hell was LT thinking?!?!?!

Watch this in its entirety!

laugh.gif

How is that video not famous?!?
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 12 2010, 01:37 PM) *
They were still playing for homefield advantage.

But they still had a 2 game lead with 2 to play...and if Minnesota lost, it was locked up with week 17 being meaningless.

It was pretty clear that team stopped playing.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 12 2010, 01:42 PM) *
laugh.gif

How is that video not famous?!?

LOL...I don't know. It is outstanding...

"Wave to your mom!"
streetlion1
QUOTE (Mino @ Jan 12 2010, 08:46 AM) *
Cowboys are the hottest and most complete team alive right now..The defense is playing lights out...They will have Favre running for his life, and Romo is playing the best ball of his career..The Cowboys will advance to NFC Championship game and hopefully against the Cardinals at home

The cowboys LOOK hot right now....but that has been against an Eagles team who didnt show up and one of the worst teams in the league the Redskins. Lets not forget the Cowboys team who won 7-6 against the Skins at home.....who lost @Green Gay.....or at K.C. just to name some games this season. Everyone talks about them totally turning it around in December but they were 2-2 in that month....losing @Giants 24-31....and at home against the Chargers 17-20.

The Vikings are undefeated at home and Brett Favre had the best touchdown-interception ratio in the league this season 33TD 7INT. The Cowboys were ranked 20th against the pass during the regular season just 1 spot below the Vikings. Im not sleep on the Cowboys but they definitely arent a good enough team to come into the Metrodome and beat the Vikings.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was such a heartbreaker on Sunday. That was worse than the NFC Championship game two years ago and I think my aunt in Superior was probably in tears. That D really didn't show up and the early turnovers just killed them. I think they win that game if it's not for those two early turnovers. One thing that game showed though was Aaron Rodgers will be a better QB than Favre. That dude, for the most part, doesn't throw the costly interceptions and keeps cool under pressure. The Packers are going to have a really good team for years to come. Al Harris and Aaron Kampman returning next year won't hurt either.

I actually think the Vikes will beat the cowboys sunday. They are a different team in that dome, and haven't lost there this year yet. They've beaten some damn good teams in that dome, and the crowd will be nuts. Romo will fold under the pressure and that rush will get to him. Favre really wants it this year, so as much as I hate to say it, I think he'll play lights out. Call me crazy but I think the Vikes win by 2 touchdowns.

Browns vs Packers Super bowl in 2011.........I can dream right.
Mino
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Jan 12 2010, 02:41 PM) *
The cowboys LOOK hot right now....but that has been against an Eagles team who didnt show up and one of the worst teams in the league the Redskins. Lets not forget the Cowboys team who won 7-6 against the Skins at home.....who lost @Green Gay.....or at K.C. just to name some games this season. Everyone talks about them totally turning it around in December but they were 2-2 in that month....losing @Giants 24-31....and at home against the Chargers 17-20.

The Vikings are undefeated at home and Brett Favre had the best touchdown-interception ratio in the league this season 33TD 7INT. The Cowboys were ranked 20th against the pass during the regular season just 1 spot below the Vikings. Im not sleep on the Cowboys but they definitely arent a good enough team to come into the Metrodome and beat the Vikings.

Well first of all, we didn't lose to Kansas City, second of all , We were the first team to beat the Saints, third of all, Convince yourself of whatever you want, but you guys are getting spanked!!!
streetlion1
QUOTE (Mino @ Jan 12 2010, 04:06 PM) *
Well first of all, we didn't lose to Kansas City, second of all , We were the first team to beat the Saints, third of all, Convince yourself of whatever you want, but you guys are getting spanked!!!

Beating the Saints doesnt say much IMO. They have a great offense but over-rated defense and they looked like absolute shit the end of the year. All im saying is I do expect a good game but no way is Dallas gonna dominate. I could see them winning in their house but not here. If we control Demarcus Ware and give Favre time to throw we are gonna carve up the Cowboys. Running the ball is gonna be tough for both teams but Favres experience and Jared Allen will tell the story.
Mino
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Jan 12 2010, 09:21 PM) *
Beating the Saints doesnt say much IMO. They have a great offense but over-rated defense and they looked like absolute shit the end of the year. All im saying is I do expect a good game but no way is Dallas gonna dominate. I could see them winning in their house but not here. If we control Demarcus Ware and give Favre time to throw we are gonna carve up the Cowboys. Running the ball is gonna be tough for both teams but Favres experience and Jared Allen will tell the story.

You mite slow D-Ware down, but there are 2 names you will know very well after that game if you dont already know...Antony Spencer and J.Ratliff...Favre is in trouble ala the carolina game
streetlion1
QUOTE (Mino @ Jan 13 2010, 01:58 PM) *
You mite slow D-Ware down, but there are 2 names you will know very well after that game if you dont already know...Antony Spencer and J.Ratliff...Favre is in trouble ala the carolina game

Im not saying the Cowboys are gonna go sackless or anything I just think that the Carolina game gave us a blueprint for what not to do. Blocking a guy like Julius Peppers or a Demarcus Ware one on one is silly. Everyone I see talking about the game on T.V. has it all about the Vikings offense against the Cowboys defense....seems people are overlooking the Vikings defense. The bye week gave guys like Antoine Winfield, Madeiu Williams, and Pat Williams time to heal....and I hardly hear them mention Jared Allen. In an interview with receiver Bernard Berrian he said the feeling in the locker room is that the Vikings are underdogs in their own stadium....and they are being disrespected. I look for the Vikings to come out and make a statement. I think if anyone gets dominated it will be the Cowboys.
Spyder
Gaines Adams died of cardiac arrest.

I wonder if the Bucs saw that coming when they drafted him 4th overall and then ultimately traded him two years later.

That got me thinking...what was my opinion during that draft?

QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 28 2007, 02:10 PM)
Who the fuck is Gaines Adams?

QUOTE (JD @ Apr 28 2007, 03:13 PM)
A stud DE from Clemson who can rush the QB and get to the edge real quick.

QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 28 2007, 02:20 PM)
God I hope they trade him away.

Awww, memories...
JD
JETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
streetlion1
Now its the Vikings going to the Saints and the Jets going to the Colts......Championship games.....lets get it on!!!

NFC- After the ass whoopin that the Vikings put on the Cowboys.....and the Vikings D-line along with Brett Favre playing lights out I think the Vikings beat the Saints. I think that Adrian Peterson will end his 8 game without a 100yards streak and explode in this one. If you look at the teams that beat the Saints they beat them by running the football and getting pressure on Drew Brees. The same Cowboys that the Vikes destroyed went into New Orleans and dominated the Saints by using that formula. I think the Vikings have the better team and in the end....this is Brett Favres year. He has been playing lights out all season and this is the biggest stage yet!

Vikings 31 Saints 17

AFC- As much as I would like to pick the Jets because I love their defense and run game and the way they surprised me and dominated the Chargers.....they are in Indianapolis and going against Peyton Manning! Lets get real...the Jets live and die with the blitz and Manning is the best QB in history at beating the blitz. The Jets beat them without their starters last time this time will be different. The Jets have another thing going against them and that is Mark Sanchez. They wont be able to run and punt all the time against the high scoring Colts....Sanchez is gonna have to make plays and he just isnt good enough 12TDS 20INTS this season. I dont think the Jets score over maybe 10-13 points.

Colts 28 Jets 10
JD
I don't see the Saints losing in the Dome. Vikings are average on the road, the Metrodome is a big boost for them...well...now they lose that boost and have to deal with the Saints getting their own boost in the toughest place to play in the league. It will be a good game, but people underrate the Saints ability to run, which will do wonders to hold back that Vikes D-line. Saints win a good game, but cover.

I just do not see Minnesota matching that frenetic energy and pace...the Super Dome is going to be rocking like to stadium before.
JD
I am also very curious to see what Harvin's status is. Missed practice again today with migraines - that is not good.
Snoop
I haven't watched American football in about 7 years, but damn this is a good game.
JD
Brett breaks the hearts of Vikings fans again.
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 25 2010, 04:38 AM) *
Brett breaks the hearts of Vikings fans again.

Yeah he fucked up with that interception. WTF was he thinking?
JD
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 25 2010, 02:40 AM) *
Yeah he fucked up with that interception. WTF was he thinking?

That's Brett Favre...he is a gunslinger out there. He has been doing it for years. In the biggest spots he throws the biggest picks.
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 25 2010, 02:27 PM) *
That's Brett Favre...he is a gunslinger out there. He has been doing it for years. In the biggest spots he throws the biggest picks.

They were in field goal range. Shoulda just ran the damn thing.
JD
They were on the fringe before the 12 men in the huddle penalty. 50+ in the spot is a lot to ask of a kicker.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 25 2010, 09:52 AM) *
They were on the fringe before the 12 men in the huddle penalty. 50+ in the spot is a lot to ask of a kicker.

It is...but that's what they get paid for.
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 25 2010, 03:52 PM) *

Oh yeah. Forgot about the penalty. Still. Favre had a ton of running room. Shoulda ran it then kicked it home for the W.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 25 2010, 10:31 AM) *
It is...but that's what they get paid for.

Very true...but I would hate to bank on a 55 yarder...a 45 yarder, sure.
hardhead
Thank you Brett Farve for being your pick happy self in clutch situations, you've been doing it for years now yet people are still riding your dick. fuck.gif

WHO DAT?!?!

Not the Colts!!!

JD, I thought the Jets were going to pull it out the way they played in the first half, Sanchez was the man in the playoffs, Jets should be contenders from here on out..
JD
Sanchez played like a vet in the playoffs...not bad for a 23 year old rookie. They have a solid young core, a good coaching staff, and a d that will only get better.

Once they got into the playoffs, they were playing with house money. That last TD by the Colts in the first half was tough, but losing Shonne Greene was a killer. Next year they get Kris Jenkins and Leon Washington back...plus they are going to look to add a corner and a D-End. I think this team can be good for a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.