Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reason's to get out of dates
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
King Eugene
Have any of you guys ever made plans with a female friend, girlfriend, or wife and something you where more interested in came up. Then you started scrambling to find reasons to get out of your plans with your lady friend?

I've done it quite a few times but today I was asked by the woman that I'm dating to go with her out of town to her sisters birthday party and she wanted me to meet the family. I'm like alright cool when is it (shrugging it off like its nothing at all). She says Jan. 30th. I'm like ummmmm...and start asking a whole bunch of questions like what time does it start, how long do you plan on staying, are there going to be TV's around and a bunch of other random ass questions. She's like um I take it you don't want to go now...you have something to do? I don't want to tell her I don't want to go cause I want to sit home, knock back a couple of brews and watch Mosley and Berto go at it so I make up some bull shit about my mother needing me to volunteer at the church for some Saturday night event. You know what she asks me after that.......... Can she go and volunteer too. Shittin fucking me... laugh.gif
Spyder
laugh.gif

Ouch! You might have to come clean now...lol...it's always easier to propose a new date than to straight up cancel.

I've blown off girls for boxing a countless number of times...shit, it wasn't until my I met my wife that I realized the two (boxing and dates) could co-exist. A couple of years ago, the models at work were having a Christmas party the same night as Mayweather-Hatton. Fuck me if I'm gonna miss that fight! So I tell my wife that we have a great Christmas party to go to...but first, we get to watch Mayweather/Hatton! She dresses to the nines, and I take her to the dirtbag bar to watch the fight. After the "check-hook", we hit the road.

I'm hauling ass cause the fight card lasted longer than I expected. Well, less than a few miles from the party I get pulled over by a cop. Now, this would suck under normal circumstances, but this time was even worse! I mentioned the long fight card, because I'd been drinking pitcher after pitcher since we got there! Of course the cop asks me how much I had to drink and proceeds to DUI check me. I was fucked up, and I knew it. Luckily my wife was looking really good...she had on a nice dress, and was obviously getting taken on a date. I explained my situation to him saying..."I promised her that I'd take her to this CHristmas party if we went to watch the fight first...blah blah blah" Well the cop let me go with a speeding ticket, and told me to get her to the party. lol

WHEW! Dodged a bullet! I thought that the night was saved...until we got to the party and people were leaving! The fucking party was OVER!

laugh.gif

Anyway, I feel ya brother...it took my wife a make-up date to get over that one!

laugh.gif

It's always better to be straight up with them in these situations. Shit, it's not like boxing is gonna go away from your life, so she might as well get used to it from the start.
King Eugene
Yea I was thinking about coming clean but I'm not sure that would make it any better at this point lol. She is really big on me meeting her fam and I could care two shits about meeting them especially on fight night. She has no problem watching the fight at all. She watches them with me all the time but actually prefers MMA over boxing for some odd ass reason but oh well. She watches football as well but every now and then I have to watch some BS show on the bravo channel or Monica's show on BET. Its more I dont want to be around her fam when I watch the fights cause I dont talk to nobody while they are on. I'm super focused with tunnel vision on the screen and dont want to come off rude. Oh well I got a couple of weeks to come up with something.

Your story is funny as hell though. I've done make up dates before but most females I've met I pretty much put it out there that I dont miss the big fights. Friday night and Wednesday night figts get DVR'd anyway. Did they ever say how that party was? Did they make it sound 10x better than what it probably was just because you didn't show up? :lo: People do that all the time.
Spyder
They used to throw the same party every year. The head of the modeling department would pick a different theme each year. That year I think the theme was silver...

I'm glad we watched the fight.

laugh.gif

Lil-lightsout
My wife KNOWS when boxing is on(especially important fights), everything else takes a back seat. She never gives me shit about it either. Sometimes she enjoys watching with me, especially when we have parties. We also have went to a decent amount of big fights.

Yeah...If I were you, I would just be honest in the first place. She should respect you for what is important for you. And if she doesn't, kick her ass to the curb and tell her you are a male model and there are so many other bitches that want you.
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 7 2010, 02:31 PM) *
Yeah...If I were you, I would just be honest in the first place. She should respect you for what is important for you. And if she doesn't, kick her ass to the curb and tell her you are a male model and there are so many other bitches that want you.

Eugene. That's probably the best bit of advice that's been said so far. You are a model, so start acting like one.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 6 2010, 10:33 PM) *
Eugene. That's probably the best bit of advice that's been said so far. You are a model, so start acting like one.

I'm a model not an asshole. laugh.gif

No but seriously thats the mentality I normally have towards women. Getting a little older now and trying to get away from my man whore ways. No hurry though. Funny thing is we actually got into it today over something petty and I'm about to get out of the whole situation before I get in too deep.
Fitz
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jan 7 2010, 04:38 PM) *
I'm a model not an asshole. laugh.gif

They go hand in hand.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 7 2010, 02:38 AM) *
They go hand in hand.

That my dear friend is where you are wrong.
Spyder
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.