Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Will They Even Market Mayweather-Malinaggi/Pacquiao-Foreman Now?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Now that the big superfight is off, what are your thoughts on how they could begin to market Mayweather-Malinaggi and Pacquiao-Foreman, especially as a PPV? I think that Pacquiao-Foreman may be slightly more interesting because of Manny going for a record eighth world title.

Vote in the Poll.

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Who said Malignaggi will fight Mayweather? I don't think Paulie will go that far up in weight, and don't think Mayweather would come down that far in weight. Pacquiao-Foreman will be a pay-per-view...sadly. They better stack that friggin undercard. If he wanted to fight a jr. middleweight titlist, why the fuck didn't they go after Spinks?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jan 7 2010, 02:26 PM) *
Who said Malignaggi will fight Mayweather? I don't think Paulie will go that far up in weight, and don't think Mayweather would come down that far in weight. Pacquiao-Foreman will be a pay-per-view...sadly. They better stack that friggin undercard. If he wanted to fight a jr. middleweight titlist, why the fuck didn't they go after Spinks?

I don't think that the weight would be a factor for Mayweather-Malinaggi because Paulie can't crack an egg. Certainly a nice "safe" opponent for Floyd. Paulie is no threat to win. No punch and no way he gets a decision.

Floyd takes it because he can't lose and Paulie takes it for a huge payday. And they both look awful, but Floyd still wins at least 9 rounds in a ZZZZ fest.

I would be worried about Yuri Foreman against Pacquiao because of the weight difference. Of course Manny should win. But he could look bad here as well. Maybe both would take decisions in disappointing outings.

Foreman is more dangerous for Manny than Malinaggi is for Floyd.

Jack
The Original MrFactor
They cant market those fights. Mayweather will catch hell for fighting yet another guy who has no shot to win. Pac will be allowed to use his PEDs and whoop yet another bigger stronger overmatched opponent.
HaydelHammer
I voted neither.

Biggest fight ever my azz.

Both of these clowns can go fly a kite in an electric storm standing in a pool of water barefoot.

Lil-lightsout
If they even try and sell either of those fights on PPV, they will fail. I will not give a penny to see either of those mismatches.
KookedKrack
If this shit isn't on regular hbo or showtime I will watch in online no way i support this bullshit on either side.

Now Mosley vs. Floyd smile_anim.gif

Pacq vs. Mosley smile_anim.gif
MarzB
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jan 7 2010, 04:26 PM) *

Totally agree with you here although I think Spinks (despite being a belt holder) is 4 years removed from being at the top of his game.

Both of these suggested fights are SCHIT fights. There are stiffer MAKEABLE fights for both guys.
mrwigi
So does mayweather always ask for a drug test of this caliber? Especially if he fights mosey... i just cant believe this.. after waiting all this time....they both can eat a dick...
d843
Both of these fucks pretty much have slaped every TRU BOXING in the face with the outcome of this fuckn bullshit! I'll tell you what we should do as fans!Not kick out a GODDAM penny on any PPV INVOLVING EITHER OF THESE SHITY FUCKS!
JLUVBABY
boxingscene is reporting that pac turned down foreman due to his height....
JLUVBABY
boxingscene is reporting that pac turned down foreman due to his height....
JLUVBABY
some may not agree but i could malinaggi giving mayweather some problems... its a fight ive liked for a few years now... thats as long as mallinagi is not in awe of mayweather when they step in he ring...
tymoney
If anybody try to find any logic in supporting either of these fights, then you're a complete dumbass.. plain and simple! This is bullshit.. and i aint down wit it!
STEVENSKI
This is another perfect example of why the UFC is growing in popularity daily. Sure boxing can make the megafights happen on paper but not in reality. UFC whilst a single promoter makes fights that matter happen & if anyone wants to mouth off about how good they are then they find out the hard way of they are that good.

Boxing gove yourself a uppercut because you sure fucking deserve one.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 7 2010, 07:49 PM) *
some may not agree but i could malinaggi giving mayweather some problems... its a fight ive liked for a few years now... thats as long as mallinagi is not in awe of mayweather when they step in he ring...

WOW!!! Besides your hateful biased posts about my man Mosley, you usually are a solid poster. But this post is pretty funny and way off. Mayweather would, I don't even have words to describe what he would do to that fruitcake. And YOU liked this fight for a few years now??? Are you serious? Fucking Ricky Hatton OUTBOXED Paulie! laugh.gif
provo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 7 2010, 04:49 PM) *

Wow! JLUV I usually agree with you ,but I gotta disagree with you on this Malignaggi is GARBAGE LOL... Mayweather can Beat the shit out of him at any given time if they fight...
Have you seen Mayweathers sparring video that just came out ? If so that's what this would be ..lol.

Total mismatch here but I kinda wouldn't mind seeing Malignaggi getting his ass kicked , I can't stand his ass , so sorry guys I would pay to see Malignaggi get a ass whoopin...
Ramya
A Coke and a Smile

I know now that the man who sat with me on the old wooden stairs that hot summer night over thirty-five years ago was not a tall man. But to a five-year-old, he was a giant. We sat side by side, watching the sun go down behind the old Texaco service station across the busy street. A street that I was never allowed to cross unless accompanied by an adult, or at the very least, an older sibling. (wow power leveling)

Cherry-scented smoke from Grampy's pipe kept the hungry mosquitoes at bay while gray, wispy swirls danced around our heads. Now and again, he blew a smoke ring and laughed as I tried to target the hole with my finger. I, clad in a cool summer nightie, and Grampy, his sleeveless T-shirt, sat watching the traffic. We counted cars and tried to guess the color of the next one to turn the corner.

Once again, I was caught in the middle of circumstances. The fourth born of six children, it was not uncommon that I was either too young or too old for something. This night I was both. While my two baby brothers slept inside the house, my three older siblings played with friends around the corner, where I was not allowed to go. I stayed with Grampy, and that was okay with me. I was where I wanted to be. My grandfather was baby-sitting while my mother, father and grandmother went out. world of warcraft gold

Thirsty?" Grampy asked, never removing the pipe from his mouth.

" Yes," was my reply." How would you like to run over to the gas station there and get yourself a bottle of Coke?"

I couldn't believe my ears. Had I heard right? Was he talking to me? On my family's modest income, Coke was not a part of our budget or diet. A few tantalizing sips was all I had ever had, and certainly never my own bottle.

" Okay," I replied shyly, already wondering how I would get across the street. Surely Grampy was going to come with me.

Grampy stretched his long leg out straight and reached his huge hand deep into the pocket. I could hear the familiar jangling of the loose change he always carried. Opening his fist, he exposed a mound of silver coins. There must have been a million dollars there. He instructed me to pick out a dime. After he deposited the rest of the change back into his pocket, he stood up. World of warcraft Power Leveling

" Okay," he said, helping me down the stairs and to the curb, " I'm going to stay here and keep an ear out for the babies. I'll tell you when it's safe to cross. You go over to the Coke machine, get your Coke and come back out. Wait for me to tell you when it's safe to cross back."  

My heart pounded. I clutched my dime tightly in my sweaty palm. Excitement took my breath away.

Grampy held my hand tightly. Together we looked up the street and down, and back up again. He stepped off the curb and told me it was safe to cross. He let go of my hand and I ran. I ran faster than I had ever run before. The street seemed wide. I wondered if I would make it to the other side. Reaching the other side, I turned to find Grampy. There he was, standing exactly where I had left him, smiling proudly. I waved.

" Go on, hurry up," he yelled. cd keys

My heart pounded wildly as I walked inside the dark garage.I had been inside the garage before with my father. My surroundings were familiar. I heard the Coca-Cola machine motor humming even before I saw it. I walked directly to the big old red-and-white dispenser. I knew where to insert my dime. I had seen it done before and had fantasized about this moment many times.

The big old monster greedily accepted my dime, and I heard the bottles shift. On tiptoes I reached up and opened the heavy door. There they were: one neat row of thick green bottles, necks staring directly at me, and ice cold from the refrigeration. I held the door open with my shoulder and grabbed one. With a quick yank, I pulled it free from its bondage. Another one immediately took its place. The bottle was cold in my sweaty hands. I will never forget the feeling of the cool glass on my skin. With two hands, I positioned the bottleneck under the heavy brass opener that was bolted to the wall. The cap dropped into an old wooden box, and I reached in to retrieve it. I was cold and bent in the middle, but I knew I needed to have this souvenir. Coke in hand, I proudly marched back out into the early evening dusk. Grampy was waiting patiently. He smiled.

wow power leveling," Stop right there," he yelled. One or two cars sped by me, and once again, Grampy stepped off the curb." Come on, now," he said, " run." I did. Cool brown foam sprayed my hands." Don't ever do that alone," he warned.I held the Coke bottle tightly, fearful he would make me pour it into a cup, ruining this dream come true. He didn't. One long swallow of the cold beverage cooled my sweating body. I don't think I ever felt so proud.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 7 2010, 08:27 PM) *
WOW!!! Besides your hateful biased posts about my man Mosley, you usually are a solid poster. But this post is pretty funny and way off. Mayweather would, I don't even have words to describe what he would do to that fruitcake. And YOU liked this fight for a few years now??? Are you serious? Fucking Ricky Hatton OUTBOXED Paulie! laugh.gif

i could see mall. giving him some problems... its been a while since may fought a pure boxer... also the key word was "could"... i in know way think mall. would win the fight but, and i guess its just me lol..., i think he could have let me say a little success early... and let me clarify... when i said it was a fight i wanted to see that was back before mall. fought cotto... i was really high on him back then... but i can see your points on why you feel the way you do as well bout this fight... i'll say this mall. is a better opponent than mathew hatton...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Jan 7 2010, 09:47 PM) *
Wow! JLUV I usually agree with you ,but I gotta disagree with you on this Malignaggi is GARBAGE LOL... Mayweather can Beat the shit out of him at any given time if they fight...
Have you seen Mayweathers sparring video that just came out ? If so that's what this would be ..lol.

Total mismatch here but I kinda wouldn't mind seeing Malignaggi getting his ass kicked , I can't stand his ass , so sorry guys I would pay to see Malignaggi get a ass whoopin...

lol... refer to my post to lil lightsout... that will answer this for you too... lol... i feel you where you are coming from though... i just think if paulie is not in awe when he gets in the ring which he very well may be he CAN make it an interesting chess match kinda fight early.... dont get it twisted tho nowhere did i say he stood a chance to win... but i dont think its the pure mismatch some think... maybe i just give paulie a lil more credit then some... he's not a bad fighter to me..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I can't believe this fighter can have so many supporters. Seriously, he picks and chooses his opponenets and makes him play by his rules. Fuck this dude. He turned down Foreman because of his height? Oh, poor baby, find a way to the inside then. I had no problem with him moving up to 154, but seriously fight Williams, Martinez, or Spinks.

I really can't see Mayweather-Malignaggi happening. I don't see Malignaggi going up to 147, since he already looks smaller at jr. welter. Of course, money talks so it could happen I guess. Malignaggi wouldn't be competitive at 147 against Floyd. His speed wouldn't be there, and he couldn't use his legs as well. It'd be about as competitve as Marquez-Mayweather. This is coming from a huge Paulie fan too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.