Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd camp not interested in Mallingnagi or Hatton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
namor

"Mayweather advisor Leonard Ellerbe said late Thursday that "we're still hopeful we can make a deal. We're not talking about anyone but Manny Pacquiao."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-pacqui...,0,258921.story

Pacquiao-Mayweather fight can't get past blood testing
The camps are unable to agree on a protocol for the mega-bout that had been planned for March 13. Pacquiao reportedly is planning to look at other opponents.
By Lance Pugmire

January 8, 2010

As a combined guarantee of at least $50 million vanishes from what was expected to be the most lucrative bout in boxing history, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao voiced their differences Thursday, a day after the fight was declared to be off by Pacquiao's promoter.

Mayweather released a statement pointing to Pacquiao as the one holding up the planned March 13 mega-fight and declaring, "I am ready to fight and sign the contract. Manny needs to stop making excuses, step up and fight."

Mayweather (40-0) said that during this week's mediation the breaking point was over a 10-day window regarding when to stop random blood tests for performance-enhancing drugs.

He said he has compromised on his original request and agreed to allow blood tests to stop 14 days before the fight. Pacquiao's camp said Wednesday the Filipino star agreed to submit to blood tests within 24 days before the welterweight title bout, instead of cutting off tests 30 days before the fight as he first proposed.

Pacquiao's camp said that Mayweather's representatives were willing to accept the 24-day cutoff at the negotiating table, but that Mayweather blocked the agreement. Mediator Daniel Weinstein confirmed in an announcement released Thursday by Mayweather's promoters that no deal was reached because "the parties could not agree on a testing protocol acceptable to all."

"Throughout this whole process, I have remained patient, but at this point I am thoroughly disgusted that Pacquiao and his representatives are trying to blame me for the fight not happening when clearly the blame is on them," Mayweather said in his statement. "[N]ot only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao. I want to whip [him]. . . . The truth is he just doesn't want to take the [blood] tests."

Meanwhile, after the failed mediation Pacquiao played billiards and basketball in the Philippines, his U.S. business advisor Michael Koncz said. "He's disappointed, though. He wanted to entertain his fans," Koncz said.

Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, continued to declare the fight off Thursday, and said Pacquiao is considering other opponents for a March bout. "It's not going to be resurrected," Arum said.

Koncz said Pacquiao remains "angered" by comments by Mayweather and his representatives as they pushed for a more stringent drug-testing procedure than the random urine tests required by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Pacquiao has sued Mayweather, alleging defamation. "They tarnished [Pacquiao's] reputation," Koncz said.

Koncz said Pacquiao is reluctant to give blood days before a fight because he has experienced "dizziness and other symptoms" when he did so before his last defeat, to Erik Morales. "It's a psychological thing," Koncz said.

"We believe whatever would be in your system 24 days before the fight would still be there after the fight, when we'll give blood again," Koncz said. "Floyd likes to be in charge and manipulate. . . . When we agreed to take this fight so quick, it caught him off guard, so he started figuring a way to get out of the fight."

Koncz said Pacquiao planned to start reviewing other opponents. One whom Arum pitched, junior-middleweight champ Yuri Foreman, apparently is out of the picture because Pacquiao's team doesn't like the idea of his fighting someone 5 1/2 inches taller. "It's a real honor the greatest pound-for-pound fighter in the world doesn't want to fight me," Foreman said.

Another possible opponent is world junior-welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of Palm Springs.

Mayweather advisor Leonard Ellerbe said late Thursday that "we're still hopeful we can make a deal. We're not talking about anyone but Manny Pacquiao."
Imperius3
Mayweather needs to fight the winner of Berto-Mosley...PERIOD.
The CEO
QUOTE (namor @ Jan 8 2010, 02:51 PM) *
"Mayweather advisor Leonard Ellerbe said late Thursday that "we're still hopeful we can make a deal. We're not talking about anyone but Manny Pacquiao."

In his next life, Manny Pacquiao will be reincarnated as a juicy plate of Peking Duck.

gbh32001
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 9 2010, 04:07 AM) *
In his next life, Manny Pacquiao will be reincarnated as a juicy plate of Peking Duck.
And Floyd should be reincarnated as an overtoasted chicken in mix of great menu's that nobody care to taste. fuck.gif
gbh32001
They let boxing fans ride and screams, and they deliver...No wonder last week Pacquiao and his team planning to start training next week at wild card gym.
At this magnitude, only fools walk away with that kind of money everybody wants. At the end, the boxers, writers, promoters down to the ring girls and cleaners
got their share from the hardcore fans down to the casual fans who doesn't mind tossing up $$$ just to get entertain.
Another great promotion if I may say, a genius marketing....Ride, screams,debates,shock,awe,mudslinging,trashtalking-that's boxing all about....

http://boxinqtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=19059
The CEO
Thanks, HGH...I mean gbh....you've helped establish another Boxing Fact...relegated to the "Superfan Theories" section...

Boxing Fact #3223: ALL Pacmaniacs believe Manny was/is clean, and that Mayweather ducked him.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 8 2010, 04:31 PM) *
Thanks, HGH...I mean gbh....you've helped establish another Boxing Fact...relegated to the "Superfan Theories" section...

Boxing Fact #3223: ALL Pacmaniacs believe Manny was/is clean, and that Mayweather ducked him.

Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 8 2010, 05:31 PM) *

laugh.gif

I would love to read this book. I wonder if its available in the Philipenes?
gbh32001
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 9 2010, 06:31 AM) *

Everybody believed Pacquiao was/is clean except for ex-convict, stinky mouthed Mayweathers and his collaborator. At the end both team will fold and succumb to submission..submission to $$$$
The CEO
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jan 8 2010, 05:43 PM) *
...At the end both team will fold and succumb to submission..submission to $$$$

I certainly hope so...because then I will get to see that dirty, ducking Diva get tortured for his sins.

There will be mass heart attacks and suicides from Baguiao to Bangkok.
D-MARV
LMAO...
Spyder
Of coarse Mayweather doesn't want Paulie or Hatton...

He knows he'd be lucky to see a quarter of the cash that was expected vs Pac.
CreDog
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 8 2010, 04:31 PM) *

You think you are so funny... but really you sound like a hater.

Let's be frank here, no one knows if Manny is on the juice except for him and maybe a few others.... but let's be honest with ourselves-- Mayweather had every opportunity to make this fight happen JUST like Manny did BUT he was asking for shit that is UNPRECEDENTED (www.mw.com).

Whether or not if he is on the juice, BLOOD TESTING is still not mandated by the NSAC. Until then, case closed--- and again for you ADHD folks... Whether or not he is on the juice, BLOOD TESTING IS NOT MANDATED BY THE.... WHO.... THE NSAC.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jan 8 2010, 08:57 AM) *

Yeah... I think you are right... Floyd need to prove himself...Floyd really must let people see he is what he say he is, the greatest boxer on the planet...(next to Pacquiao..?..)
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Jan 8 2010, 10:09 PM) *
Yeah... I think you are right... Floyd need to prove himself...Floyd really must let people see he is what he say he is, the greatest boxer on the planet...(next to Pacquiao..?..)

next to pac?... id like to see how pac looks after subjecting himself to some random blood test... if he looks the same then he gets his props... i find it strange he dont wanna mess with yuri forman... the way hes been looking height shouldnt be an issue...
torvix2000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 9 2010, 05:24 AM) *
next to pac?... id like to see how pac looks after subjecting himself to some random blood test... if he looks the same then he gets his props... i find it strange he dont wanna mess with yuri forman... the way hes been looking height shouldnt be an issue...

Pac was already worried, restless, agitated when NSAC ordered a retake of his medical exam before fighting Morales. They weren't looking for PED's.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 9 2010, 12:17 AM) *
Pac was already worried, restless, agitated when NSAC ordered a retake of his medical exam before fighting Morales. They weren't looking for PED's.

yes torvix... lol...
Rperez
Mayweather should fight De la Hoya again or Mosley smile.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (Rperez @ Jan 9 2010, 01:29 AM) *
Mayweather should fight De la Hoya again or Mosley smile.gif

Whoa...DLH-Mayweather 2...I wonder if they'd do that?

That is one way to make a lot of money, but that would un-doubtedly alienate Shane completely...
torvix2000
LOL! GBP got stuck with Gayweather.

If GBP will not order any other fighter in its stable to demand extra blood testing, then people will say that they are singling out Pac in the "steroids" case. But since Pac has filed a law suit, team Pacquiao will tell the judge/jury that he was getting singled out.

Then the judge/jury will ask GBP and Gayweather, "Why are you singling out Pacquiao?".

If they answer, "Because he performed so well, took shots better, and has a bigger head", then they will get "convicted".

So, they are stuck with these extra blood testing. Marquez supposedly wanted now a 50-50 split and the extra drug testing asked by Gayweather. So, strong arm tactics of GBP over its fighters even though its fighters want to fight Pacquiao without the extra blood tests initiated by a NON-GBP fighter- Gayweather.
The CEO
QUOTE (CreDog @ Jan 8 2010, 10:58 PM) *

blah blah blahblah

Well no shit...

lol...you'd think a guy who joined here in early '08 would know what I'm about....guess he's spent most of his forum time over at Quack-Land.
torvix2000
QUOTE (CreDog @ Jan 9 2010, 04:58 AM) *

That's the problem with CEO. If he's not hatin', he couldn't get things right.

If CEO's hatin, he would have said somethin' along this line: "Pacquiao should just challenge Floyd to a no-holds-barred bare knuckle steroids powered fight inside a phone booth and let's hear what Gayweather has to say about it.".
The CEO
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 9 2010, 10:56 AM) *
That's the problem with CEO. If he's not hatin', he couldn't get things right.

If CEO's hatin, he would have said somethin' along this line: "Pacquiao should just challenge Floyd to a no-holds-barred bare knuckle steroids powered fight inside a phone booth and let's hear what Gayweather has to say about it.".

Ok...yeah...you've lost it.

What are we gonna do about torvix, guys..?
torvix2000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 9 2010, 05:00 PM) *
Ok...yeah...you've lost it.

What are we gonna do about torvix, guys..?

Nope. I didn't lose it. If you try to examine my posts, you'd get enlightened back to the dark side. Sorry, CEO, I'm disappointed in you.
The CEO
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 9 2010, 11:04 AM) *
Nope. I didn't lose it. If you try to examine my posts, you'd get enlightened back to the dark side. Sorry, CEO, I'm disappointed in you.

It's painful to examine your posts, torvix...maybe if I was on HGH, I could push through the pain like Pacquiao did with his ear against Cotto...lol

Lay it to the people straight though, man...if you can.
salvador
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jan 8 2010, 02:57 PM) *

or Williams
neophyte7
Williams is a middleweight and he would have to starve to make 147 regardless to how his people claim he can make the weight... Williams is not a welterweight and coming down to lose the weight at welter may get him embarrassed... Williams needs to stay where he is and stop the up and down weight lose and gain before be gets himself hurt.
gbh32001
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jan 10 2010, 08:55 AM) *
Williams is a middleweight and he would have to starve to make 147 regardless to how his people claim he can make the weight... Williams is not a welterweight and coming down to lose the weight at welter may get him embarrassed... Williams needs to stay where he is and stop the up and down weight lose and gain before be gets himself hurt.
Even at Light MW, Floyd will school Willliams.I stand on the record that nobody will beat Floyd up and below WW but to see him fight to highest competition is rarer than struck with lightning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.