Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac vs Clottey set for Dallas stadium (1 Topic Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
EpTXCHAMP
http://www.elpasotimes.com/sports/ci_14154516

Hey I know its not vs mayweather but its better than pac taking on pillows paulie....

Plus I think the fight being in the new stadium will be good for boxing the atmosphere should be great and if it draws anything over 20,000 that will show Money may that pac is a legit draw!!! oh wait that might complicate a possible fight with them more lol all Im hoping for is a good exciting night of boxing
tymoney
Nah dude, everybody knows manny's a legit draw.. hence the 50-50 split. Money was obviously not the issue in making the fight, it was the hissy fit pacman threw when asked to take a damn blood test. Im happy for Clottey tho, he deserves a nice payday!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jan 9 2010, 01:57 PM) *
http://www.elpasotimes.com/sports/ci_14154516

Hey I know its not vs mayweather but its better than pac taking on pillows paulie....

Plus I think the fight being in the new stadium will be good for boxing the atmosphere should be great and if it draws anything over 20,000 that will show Money may that pac is a legit draw!!! oh wait that might complicate a possible fight with them more lol all Im hoping for is a good exciting night of boxing

Nice atmosphere for the fans. But Holy Shit!!! Clottey could hang Pacquiaoo from meat hooks in beating him in Texas, not only losing the decision, he'll probably get arrested for doing so. I am sure that Gale Van Hoy has his 118-110 Pacquiao card already filled out ! LOL!

Will it even get to that? Clottey could get DQ'd by Lawrence Cole for...........fighting!

Poor Josh!

Jack
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 9 2010, 03:48 PM) *
Nice atmosphere for the fans. But Holy Shit!!! Clottey could hang Pacquiaoo from meat hooks in beating him in Texas, not only losing the decision, he'll probably get arrested for doing so. I am sure that Gale Van Hoy has his 118-110 Pacquiao card already filled out ! LOL!

Will it even get to that? Clottey could get DQ'd by Lawrence Cole for...........fighting!

Poor Josh!

Jack

Maybe Im the only one that remembers when oscar fought out in here in el paso at the sun bowl satadium the crowd was nuts I believe it was over 40,000 If pac can get that it would be great.

lol I think this is going to be Texas's last chance to get some respect from boxing fans. Hopefully clottey will get a fair score at the end. I do expect clottey to make it to the cards seeing he is much bigger and has better defense than cotto! prob is he doesnt let his hands go but with manny punches from no where maybe that would be a good thing for clottey
The CEO
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 9 2010, 03:48 PM) *

Poor Josh!

Jack

laugh.gif

What'd I say, Jack?...and now it's in Texas...lol....this matchup's gone from a probable fix to a BLATANT FIX.
d843
WAR CLOTTEY WAR
gbh32001
laugh.gif haha.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 9 2010, 05:32 PM) *
laugh.gif

What'd I say, Jack?...and now it's in Texas...lol....this matchup's gone from a probable fix to a BLATANT FIX.

LOL!!!!!

Clottey drops Manny three times, Cole calls them all slips and tells Josh to "keep his punches up" taking a point away from Clottey for knocking Manny down!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

Seriously, if it does turn out to be in Texas, we could have some real funny shit with this topic of what they WILL DO, (note I said what they WILL DO,) not what they MIGHT DO LOL!) to favor Manny in this fight!

Cole: "Josh, that's your second warning! I'm not telling you again! Stop hitting him so hard!!" LOL!

The CEO speaks the truth!!!!

And no I don't think changing the venue to Vegas would be all that much better. Well, maybe a "smaller fix."

Jack
torvix2000
LOL! Pacquiao is ready to move on. Let his as*s go.

Playing field my ass. Let's watch these two fighters draw blood in the ring. Not the pussy medical tests that Gayweather demands.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 9 2010, 10:33 PM) *
LOL! Pacquiao is ready to move on. Let his as*s go.

Playing field my ass. Let's watch these two fighters draw blood in the ring. Not the pussy medical tests that Gayweather demands.

But I just think that Arum might throw a little extra $500,000 onto Josh's purse if he comes in as a "sparring partner." It depends, he could and than he could fight like he did Cotto. I think Arum would like him to fight a little less than Cotto.

Some of my friends think this fight with Clottey is stupid because of its high risk and low reward. Two phraes that Floyd would never want to hear in his lifetime!!! LOL!!!

Jack
gbh32001
laugh.gif Some dinousor can't get off with their paranoia thinking that the Pac-Clottey is a fix fight yet when all these
things finalize they will go on to sig bet against Pacquiao.What a bunch of losers!!!
torvix2000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 10 2010, 10:14 AM) *
Some of my friends think this fight with Clottey is stupid because of its high risk and low reward. Two phraes that Floyd would never want to hear in his lifetime!!! LOL!!!

Gayweather will again whine about boxing fans giving Pacquiao a pass through the steroids scandal. I think Gayweather should just accuse Pacquiao only after he gets in the ring with a real big guy.
The CEO
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 9 2010, 11:29 PM) *
LOL!!!!!

Clottey drops Manny three times, Cole calls them all slips and tells Josh to "keep his punches up" taking a point away from Clottey for knocking Manny down!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

Seriously, if it does turn out to be in Texas, we could have some real funny shit with this topic of what they WILL DO, (note I said what they WILL DO,) not what they MIGHT DO LOL!) to favor Manny in this fight!

Cole: "Josh, that's your second warning! I'm not telling you again! Stop hitting him so hard!!" LOL!

The CEO speaks the truth!!!!

And no I don't think changing the venue to Vegas would be all that much better. Well, maybe a "smaller fix."

Jack

laugh.gif

That Ariza guy reminds me of a Lawrence Cole lookswise...as the clean lookin', dirty type...

but it's sad, Jack...you pretty much HAVE to factor in Corruption and/or Politics in almost every high profile fight when makin' a prediction nowadays ...

QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jan 10 2010, 09:51 AM) *
laugh.gif Some dinousor can't get off with their paranoia thinking that the Pac-Clottey is a fix fight yet when all these
things finalize they will go on to sig bet against Pacquiao.What a bunch of losers!!!

You can spell paranoia, but not dinosaur...lol...figures.

Anyway...keep up the insults, gbh, and you'll be goin' the way of the CreDog...
torvix2000
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jan 10 2010, 02:51 PM) *

They won't bet against Pacquiao. They'd be as afraid as Gayweather that Pac might be juicing.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 9 2010, 11:33 PM) *
Let's watch these two fighters draw blood in the ring. Not the pussy medical tests that Gayweather demands.

As long as the blood isn't being tested right? smile_anim.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 10 2010, 03:43 PM) *
As long as the blood isn't being tested right? smile_anim.gif

The thing is this: Gayweather met Pacquiao in an alley. Pacquiao was so furious with the steroids allegation. Pacquiao was holding a baseball bat. But there was also a baseball bat near Floyd... on the ground. But instead, Gayweather ran!!!
PR316
Pacuiao will stop Clottey late.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (PR316 @ Jan 10 2010, 02:51 PM) *
Pacuiao will stop Clottey late.

stop???? wow correct me if I'm wrong but clottey has never been knocked out right>>??

I would like to see pac do that but that fact that clottey is alot bigger and it will take place at 147 add that to the fact that clottey is probably the best defensive fighter pac is going to see I just dont see him stopping clottey...

This will be a good ol Texas fix on the cards lol
Fadetwist
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jan 10 2010, 09:51 AM) *

Some people developed the Mayweather Sr. Desease of baseless accusations.

As for ths fight I think it's about fucking time boxing goes back to the major spotlight it belongs in. The Dallas venue is a great start.
gbh32001
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 10 2010, 11:36 PM) *
laugh.gif

That Ariza guy reminds me of a Lawrence Cole lookswise...as the clean lookin', dirty type...

but it's sad, Jack...you pretty much HAVE to factor in Corruption and/or Politics in almost every high profile fight when makin' a prediction nowadays ...

You can spell paranoia, but not dinosaur...lol...figures.

Anyway...keep up the insults, gbh, and you'll be goin' the way of the CreDog...
LOL..My bad,hands are faster than memory sometimes!!!Bytheway I'm not insulting anybody but if you feel that way let me ask an apology. I Just want to stand my side that Pacquiao is innocent until proven guilty.And throwing an allegation like fix game is an absurd idea, Pacquiao himself is a victim of misjudging but he did not cry foul,he work hard enough to overcome the odds. Pacquiao is a very special athlete in the sense that he was born to be a fighter. Go and figure why this man was born to be a fighter, he loves boxing, he loves the crowd, he loves the adulation across the races.His trademark: the very wide smile during his ring entrances,name me a fighter that do this everytime he step up in the ring and I will rest my case.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jan 10 2010, 03:30 PM) *
stop???? wow correct me if I'm wrong but clottey has never been knocked out right>>??

I would like to see pac do that but that fact that clottey is alot bigger and it will take place at 147 add that to the fact that clottey is probably the best defensive fighter pac is going to see I just dont see him stopping clottey...

This will be a good ol Texas fix on the cards lol

laugh.gif @ you believing this will take place at 147

Cosign on the fix though its definitely going down.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 10 2010, 07:41 PM) *
laugh.gif @ you believing this will take place at 147

Cosign on the fix though its definitely going down.

no way in hell clottey makes anything under 147!!!!!!!

clottey blew up to 165 when he fought diego and up to 160 for judah on fight night
so trust me its taking place at 147 unless they plan on cutting off clottey's foot to make a "catch weight"
basicjab

I love how all the scheming is blowing up in the Mayweather's faces and now they are looking at facing M Hatton. Also a lawsuit for their troubles. LOL

Win or lose against Cottley, good on him for moving on to fight another though fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Bullshit the fix is in. CEO stop stirring this shit my brother laugh.gif Look you've got your damn pontoon what more do you want?

You know the Filipino buzzsaw is gonna chop that big ole African tree down.

And Clottey will want this win bad. A win gets him possible rematchs with Cheatirito, Cotto or even a fight with Mosley. I'll keep his ahem options (none) with PBF out of the discussion.

Clottey looks so dumb I doubt he even knows the meaning of the word 'fix.' laugh.gif

I think it's a good fight and the best fight that could be made on short notice, although I'm looking forward to the battle of the ageing warriors Arum and Atlas even more.

King Eugene

Paccy dont wont it!
KookedKrack
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jan 10 2010, 10:04 PM) *
no way in hell clottey makes anything under 147!!!!!!!

clottey blew up to 165 when he fought diego and up to 160 for judah on fight night
so trust me its taking place at 147 unless they plan on cutting off clottey's foot to make a "catch weight"

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/01/11/mann...44-catchweight/

rtfm.gif

144 lb catch-weight

Clottey bends over and Team Pacq begins to drill.
Spreadking3rd
pretty lame coming from Pac's camp. If you can punch at 147, then you have to get down to 144 or 145, if you can't punch, then you can weigh in at 147.

pacman is becoming more like Oscar everyday. richer and not liked......except by dudes who think he's cute and chicks.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 11 2010, 01:21 PM) *

rtfm.gif

144 lb catch-weight

Well Kooked I'm yet to read anywhere else of a catch weight being imposed. If it turns out that there is one then I'm done with Manny (and may be booking a ticket for the pontoon), enough of this catchweight BS, I'll give him a free pass on those 2 pounds with Cotto, but once is all you get.

However should Pacman up and fight Clottey at the 147 pound WW limit then I'm sure you'll eat some crow right? laugh.gif
King Eugene
I'm not putting it past Pac's team to want a catchweight. Paccy is officially bitchmade!
KookedKrack
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 11 2010, 04:20 PM) *
However should Pacman up and fight Clottey at the 147 pound WW limit then I'm sure you'll eat some crow right? laugh.gif

smile_anim.gif I'll pull up a nice plate.

All jokes aside if this 144 catch weight is true not only is it worse than what they did Cotto but the Pontoon might have to upgrade to a bigger ship from all the people that will want in.
King Eugene
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 11 2010, 03:28 PM) *

All jokes aside if this 144 catch weight is true not only is it worse than what they did Cotto but the Pontoon might have to upgrade to a bigger ship from all the people that will want in.

I would create another account just to add another crew member.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 11 2010, 03:28 PM) *

The Pontoon may have to upgrade to a luxury liner.
King Eugene
Looks like Roach wants it at 147 which is a surprise to me.
mexi-cutioner
If Pac fights Clottey at 144, and Mayweather fights BIG KO HITTER LOWLZZZ MALIGNAGGI at 147......I honestly don't know who I'd beak harder...Pacquiao or Mayweather

at the end of the day if that's the case, they're both bitches, but i'd give Pac the credit for taking on a more game opponent
Keith
Pac and Floyd need to fight each other because one piece of shit deserves another.

When is the public going to stop calling these guys the 2 best fighters in the world? Great fighters fight the best competition on a level playing field. Neither of these guys has really done that in quite a while.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 11 2010, 06:10 PM) *
Pac and Floyd need to fight each other because one piece of shit deserves another.

When is the public going to stop calling these guys the 2 best fighters in the world? Great fighters fight the best competition on a level playing field. Neither of these guys has really done that in quite a while.

Keith how would you feel if Pac fights a decent true welter like Clottey at 147 and no catch-weight? I know it's not Floyd but it would impress me if he were to do that.
Snoop
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 11 2010, 09:28 PM) *

144. You gotta be f'n kidding me. Fuck a bigger ship, we're gonna start a goddamn FLEET if this gets confirmed. I'm looking to promote all our faithful crew members who were on at the start.
BigG
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 11 2010, 10:57 PM) *
Keith how would you feel if Pac fights a decent true welter like Clottey at 147 and no catch-weight? I know it's not Floyd but it would impress me if he were to do that.

The thing is Pacquiao SHOULD fight these guys because he IS a natural Welterweight and has been one for a while now. People need to realize that Pacquiao is no small guy. He has been coming into fights at 145-149 since his days at 130. Just like Joan Guzman. These guys weren't small at that weight man. The SAME AS Mayweather who was around that weight even in his 154 pound fight against De La Hoya. He's not a huge Welterweight like Margarito but Pacquiao has proven to be a true Welterweight and even looks better at this weight than he did at 130. I mean for fucks sake he just beat the shit out of MIGUEL COTTO. Lol.
The CEO
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 11 2010, 03:07 AM) *
Bullshit the fix is in. CEO stop stirring this shit my brother laugh.gif Look you've got your damn pontoon what more do you want?

You know the Filipino buzzsaw is gonna chop that big ole African tree down.

And Clottey will want this win bad. A win gets him possible rematchs with Cheatirito, Cotto or even a fight with Mosley. I'll keep his ahem options (none) with PBF out of the discussion.

Clottey looks so dumb I doubt he even knows the meaning of the word 'fix.' laugh.gif

I think it's a good fight and the best fight that could be made on short notice, although I'm looking forward to the battle of the ageing warriors Arum and Atlas even more.

I'm sorry, torfc...just callin' it how I smell it....it reeks of FIX....it's not my fault if I influence people... laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BigG @ Jan 11 2010, 07:03 PM) *
The thing is Pacquiao SHOULD fight these guys because he IS a natural Welterweight and has been one for a while now. People need to realize that Pacquiao is no small guy. He has been coming into fights at 145-149 since his days at 130. Just like Joan Guzman. These guys weren't small at that weight man. The SAME AS Mayweather who was around that weight even in his 154 pound fight against De La Hoya. He's not a huge Welterweight like Margarito but Pacquiao has proven to be a true Welterweight and even looks better at this weight than he did at 130. I mean for fucks sake he just beat the shit out of MIGUEL COTTO. Lol.

That's all good. I understand what you're saying.

I know people are jumping all over Pac for suspected juicing, fair enough, but y'all flaming Pac right now for fighting Clottey at a catchweight that HASN'T EVEN BEEN CONFIRMED.

I've only seen one site state that it is at 144, everywhere else it appears that they will fight to the 147 pound limit. All I'm saying is can't we wait until the weight is confirmed before tearing Manny a new one.

Agreed if it's at 144 than that's bullshit, but I am yet to see any evidence that they have asked for Clottey to come in at anything other than 147 pounds.

BigG
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 11 2010, 11:29 PM) *
That's all good. I understand what you're saying.

I know people are jumping all over Pac for suspected juicing, fair enough, but y'all flaming Pac right now for fighting Clottey at a catchweight that HASN'T EVEN BEEN CONFIRMED.

I've only seen one site state that it is at 144, everywhere else it appears that they will fight to the 147 pound limit. All I'm saying is can't we wait until the weight is confirmed before tearing Manny a new one.

Agreed if it's at 144 than that's bullshit, but I am yet to see any evidence that they have asked for Clottey to come in at anything other than 147 pounds.

I'm with you..and for the record I think Manny is going to win a wide UD over Clottey.
Snoop
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 12 2010, 12:29 AM) *

True. Roach says it's at 147. Hopefully that's true. Otherwise, get the pitchforks ready.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 11 2010, 01:21 PM) *

rtfm.gif

144 lb catch-weight

Roach is saying 147 so until arum announces it at 147 u can claim this along with fanhouse lol

as stated earlier with clotteys frame and previous blow ups on fight night ,added to the fact that this is late notice and clottey probably did not even expect to be fighting march 13 no way he can make anything under 147!!!! so relax everyone on the board lol this fight will not be at 144
streetlion1
I am picking the underdog Clottey in this fight. We have seen Manny "HGH" Pacquiao roll through opponents but here is a guy he wont just go through....Clottey is a dangerous fight for Manny with his defense and pressure style. I think the whole catchweight thing is bullshit! If Manny wants to fight as a welter he should fight at 147. He still hasnt REALLY won a title at 147 or fought a solid welter at 147.

Clottey is gonna stop the Pacman hype train and rightly so after Pacquiao bullshitted his way outta a fight with Gayweather.
JLUVBABY
i will be at the pac/clottey fight... if any of you guys are gonna be there id love to meet up with you guys... let me know...
JLUVBABY
i will be at the pac/clottey fight... if any of you guys are gonna be there id love to meet up with you guys... let me know...
kidbazooka1
Clottey's durable but he won't pose much of a threat iMO he maybe be there for the distance but it should be an easy win for Manny. I could actually see Pacqiuao gettiing a late rd stoppage.
dominicbuilder9k1
March 13 is the proposed fight schedule that originate from the Mayweather's..

What happened to Mayweather vs Whoever(?) March 13 in MGM with HBO PPV..?..

I hear Pacquiao-Clottey will be by HBO PPV at Dallas Cowboys...?...what about Mayweather Jr..?...many want to see him face a worthy opponent too....where is he..?.
torvix2000
A faked rib injury has been thought of already. Gotta be more creative this time.
STEVENSKI
If this fight is at a catchweight I will start hating on Pac bigtime. I once liked Mayweather too until he made me HATE him with his behaviour & cherrypicking of opponents.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.