Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berto-Mosley Fight Off Due To Haiti Earthquake Tragedy
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
namor
Admin Note: Title changed to accurately reflect Mosley must beat Berto first at the end of January.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24601
PR316
Mayweather will beat Mosley via UD.
Box in Hand
This fight most likely won't happen but if it does gimme Mayweather via UD. He's gonna frustrate Mosely before the fight even starts.
namor
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jan 10 2010, 02:49 PM) *
This fight most likely won't happen but if it does gimme Mayweather via UD. He's gonna frustrate Mosely before the fight even starts.

Why you say that?
Maxy
Now this is good, this is more than acceptable in light of all the shit we've been reading in the last few weeks.

I hope this one comes off.
leonthegee
let the mayweather hating begin. fuckin faggots.
leonthegee
this fight would blow pacroid v clottey out of the water ppv numbers wise. the hbo 24/7 would be off the freakin hook. just hope mosley can get past berto.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (namor @ Jan 10 2010, 01:52 PM) *
Why you say that?

I have lost complete faith in the powers that be to put on good fights after the Pac Mayweather fiasco.
Byrd Man
This is the fight I would want to see anyway. Especially after the Marquez fight. I'd much rather see Floyd take on the people in his own division. Even though it's not several years ago when it should have been, if he fights Mosely and Cotto and even possibly Marg or Williams, I'll have to give him his due.
EpTXCHAMP
i gotta see shane vs berto first, call me crazy but shane will be pushing 39 yrs old if he gets by berto and eventually fights floyd...I like floyd by UD as well
Keith
Shane has all the motivation he needs to beat Berto.

What happens if Shane destroys Berto, so much so that Floyd looks at other options...

Fadetwist
Shane deserves a big payday. If he fights Money I would buy the PPV and put my I heart Shane shirt on.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 10 2010, 08:01 PM) *
let the mayweather hating begin. fuckin faggots.

Let the totally uncalled for, straight on the defensive nuthuggin begin you mean???

At what point in this thread did you deem that outburst necessary?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 10 2010, 02:03 PM) *
this fight would blow pacroid v clottey out of the water ppv numbers wise. the hbo 24/7 would be off the freakin hook. just hope mosley can get past berto.

Pac Clottey is not PPV worthy, IMO...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jan 10 2010, 04:33 PM) *
Pac Clottey is not PPV worthy, IMO...

Amen.
kingknockout
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 10 2010, 03:16 PM) *
This is the fight I would want to see anyway. Especially after the Marquez fight. I'd much rather see Floyd take on the people in his own division. Even though it's not several years ago when it should have been, if he fights Mosely and Cotto and even possibly Marg or Williams, I'll have to give him his due.

if you seen williams last fight? why wuld you even want to waste your time watching him get hit time and time again against some one as sharp as floyd?

that fight would be so terrible...i rather mosley.

paul got decked so many fuckin times last fight, smh
kingknockout
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 10 2010, 04:03 PM) *

What happens if Shane destroys Berto, so much so that Floyd looks at other options...

won't happen, cus floyd is watching that fight to see what shane is about...and they are gonna go from there.
Fadetwist
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 10 2010, 03:03 PM) *

I don't know abou that. Pac has such a huge fan base which guaranteels huge PPV numbers for this one. The promise of action and excitement and the sure fact that you will get your moneys worth as a fan.
Jack 1000
I think ONLY if Mosley looks bad against Berto will Floyd consider fighting him. If Shane looks good, no. Not enough money for Floyd and too risky of an opponent.

Jack
tymoney
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Jan 10 2010, 05:53 PM) *
if you seen williams last fight? why wuld you even want to waste your time watching him get hit time and time again against some one as sharp as floyd?

that fight would be so terrible...i rather mosley.

paul got decked so many fuckin times last fight, smh

I agree, love paul williams but realistically speaking hes not that hard to beat. Dont get me wrong he could pose a semi-threat to the top welters.. but as far as being "the most feared fighter".. not so much. He just throws a million arm punches.. no real power behind em and you can see all his punches coming. And why in da hell is people still even mentioning margarito??.. am i da only one that remembers him fighting wit fuckin bricks??? floyd dnt need to fight his ass neither do anyone else
D-MARV
Now this is what I'm talking about right here... Pac-Clottey can be on the undercard.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 10 2010, 06:10 PM) *
I think ONLY if Mosley looks bad against Berto will Floyd consider fighting him. If Shane looks good, no. Not enough money for Floyd and too risky of an opponent.

Jack

I was thinking that as well...BUT even if shane dominates berto I dont see anyone out there for floyd....he knows him vs paulie would flop...the only legit opponent would be shane for a ppv to do over 500,000 any other opponent would def do under those numbers and thus be a big hit to floyds ego/

so If he doesnt fight shane next I think we see floyd taking a long break from the sport
Byrd Man
The undercard is starting to take shape....

DuBoef said former welterweight titleholder Antonio Margarito would fight on the pay-per-view card in the co-feature. Margarito had his license revoked in California for attempting to load his gloves with an illegal substance before facing Shane Mosley in January '09 and is eligible to ask for his license back after a year, although there is no guarantee he will get it.

However, it is possible Margarito will be licensed in Texas without going to California first. It will be interesting to see what happens on that front.

If he's licensed, Margarito's opponent could be Carson Jones (24-7-1, 15 KOs), who thoroughly exposed Tyrone Brunson with a third-round knockout win against the prospect Dec. 4.

In addition to a potential Margarito fight, there are two other bouts Top Rank plans to include on the pay-per-view telecast:

A welterweight bout between Alfonso Gomez (21-4-2, 10 KOs) and former two-time lightweight champ Jose Luis Castillo (60-9-1, 52 KOs). It's a meaningless fight, but it could at least have some fireworks. Gomez's most recent bout was on the Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto undercard Nov. 14. He won a six-round technical decision against fringe contender Jesus Soto Karass. Castillo has won four bouts in a row against woeful opposition in Mexico.

A showcase for junior featherweight prospect Roberto Marroquin (11-0, 8 KOs), a 20-year-old from Dallas with a bright future. Marroquin has an interim bout Feb. 6.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Fadetwist @ Jan 10 2010, 03:03 PM) *
I don't know abou that. Pac has such a huge fan base which guaranteels huge PPV numbers for this one. The promise of action and excitement and the sure fact that you will get your moneys worth as a fan.

most of the world dont even know who the hell clottey is. floyd is gonna kill manny as far as ppvs goes.
Fadetwist
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 10 2010, 06:35 PM) *
most of the world dont even know who the hell clottey is. floyd is gonna kill manny as far as ppvs goes.

Most of Pacs fans don't even know half the people he fights. They pay for the action.

Should I really be posting while in church. Crap
Jack 1000
If Floyd had a choice, I think he would rather fight Berto than Shane.

Jack
Jack 1000
There are rumors of Mosley, provided on how he looks against Berto. I hope it's that and not Paulie.

I think Floyd would rather fight Berto. He would be easier to beat and in Floyd's weight class. Not too big of a risk. I mean a guy whom I thought Louie Collazo beat is not a big threat.

I have a funny feeling that Berto will win a controversial decision over Shane. Judges love to protect that "O" and commentators like to feel the soft water and Ocean breezes while pom-poming that "O." (Lampley.) But that aside, Berto beats the Forrest version of Mosley. Berto loses unofficially to a good Mosley by most observers. But to protect his "O' he gets a close decision in a close fight.

What Floyd wants is a bad looking Berto or a Forrest looking Shane. If both look ordinary, Floyd could fight both of them. This would at least have Floyd fighting an opponent or two in his weight class for the first time since Castillo.

Jack
torvix2000
THIS IS ALL MEDIA HYPE FROM GAYWEATHER and GBP so that people will not "forget" SCAREDY GAYWEATHER.
Spyder
Hell yeah...that fight falling through is better for boxing than if it happened. I doubt we would've ever saw Floyd fight Shane if he beat Pac. Nevermind seeing Clottey get in the mix.

We get to see two more interesting fights, then in September the two Divas can finally duke it out!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 10 2010, 04:30 PM) *
THIS IS ALL MEDIA HYPE FROM GAYWEATHER and GBP so that people will not "forget" SCAREDY GAYWEATHER.

You ever stop to wonder if your constant gay themed nicknames is betraying something about yourself? Just saying....

You come of as incredibly insecure and incredibly ignorant.

Not that I'm much better in the ignorance department sometimes, but still....
D-MARV
No doubt... Torvix is a full blown HOMO. I mean, I like the dude but he's gay for sure.
Spyder
Big deal. He's not the first openly gay poster on a boxing message board...

If he likes dudes, he likes dudes. I'm not gonna hate on the man for his sexual preference.
Keith
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 10 2010, 07:24 PM) *
I have a funny feeling that Berto will win a controversial decision over Shane. Judges love to protect that "O" and commentators like to feel the soft water and Ocean breezes while pom-poming that "O." (Lampley.) But that aside, Berto beats the Forrest version of Mosley. Berto loses unofficially to a good Mosley by most observers. But to protect his "O' he gets a close decision in a close fight.

What Floyd wants is a bad looking Berto or a Forrest looking Shane. If both look ordinary, Floyd could fight both of them. This would at least have Floyd fighting an opponent or two in his weight class for the first time since Castillo.

I agree with the pom-poming of the "O" but in this case I dont think it will apply. Merchant and Steward both appreciate Mosley more so then Berto.

Interesting you bring up "Forest looking Shane". I have been thinking for a while now that Shane beats Berto in a similar way that Forrest beat him. A stiff jab and right hand.

Forrest wasnt quite as fast as Mosley but he was fast enough not to allow Shane to get inside his distance. Same in this fight, Berto's faster but Shane's fast enough and has a 3 inch arm length advantage. I believe Mosley will be working his jab like we've never seen before.

In any event, I agree with Floyd not fighting Mosley unless he wins and looks ordinary. Floyd is probably not going to risk the potential Manny payday down the road, even for a substantial payday against Mosley. I think he would jump all over a Berto fight if Berto wins. The Mosley footage would be all he needs to figure him out, collect 2 belts, and build momentum for the Manny fight.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 10 2010, 07:40 PM) *
Big deal. He's not the first openly gay poster on a boxing message board...

If he likes dudes, he likes dudes. I'm not gonna hate on the man for his sexual preference.

Oh I don't have a problem with anyone who's gay or not. I don't necessarily think he's gay, I think it's just kinda crazy how so many young cats think it's "cool" or "funny" to throw shit like that around.

But it's not just the gay thing, it's the mindset of some of these idiots that think it's somehow clever to come up with derogatory alterations to boxer's names, as if everyone's just going to stand back in amazement at the intellect needed to come up with names like "Gayweather" and "Borenard" or whatever.

When I see someone post using that tactic, I can't really bring myself to put much stock in anything they're saying.

But maybe that's just ME.
Spyder
As far as I know, he hasn't "come out" on here...so I don't really want to speculate any further.

For all we know, he's been waiting for the perfect opportunity to "come out" and just be himself. I wouldn't want to make him feel uncomfortable about doing that by blasting him before hand. It's gotta be tough enough to feel that way...living your life trying to hide a secret like that...the last thing he needs right now is to think that we'll judge him for it.

He gets ripped enough for his nuthuggerdom, let's just stay away from bashing the man's lifestyle.
D-MARV
I was actually just joking... Is Torvix really gay?
cervix2000
I think Manny Pacquiao has really sexual calves. So what?
kingknockout
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 10 2010, 08:21 PM) *
You ever stop to wonder if your constant gay themed nicknames is betraying something about yourself? Just saying....

You come of as incredibly insecure and incredibly ignorant.

Not that I'm much better in the ignorance department sometimes, but still....

laugh.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 10 2010, 11:28 PM) *
I was actually just joking... Is Torvix really gay?

That's not for any of us to say. If he is, it's up to him to decide when the right time is to "come out".

QUOTE (cervix2000 @ Jan 10 2010, 11:36 PM) *

See?! It's comments like this that could drive him further in the closet. Just leave the man alone.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (cervix2000 @ Jan 10 2010, 10:36 PM) *

Dude you need to stop pretending to be Torvix. One of you is enough! Can someone shut this dude down. Cervix?????
Snoop
If Mayweather doesn't demand the same testing procedures in this fight, does anyone think it'll hurt his argument against Pac?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 10 2010, 04:03 PM) *

If Shane destroys Berto, look for mayweather vs matthew hatton on may 1st. The excuse will be that Mosley is not a PPV attraction, or Mosley has 5 losses.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 11 2010, 12:03 AM) *
If Mayweather doesn't demand the same testing procedures in this fight, does anyone think it'll hurt his argument against Pac?

Absolutely. I think if he does demand it of Mosley and Mosley agrees, then that makes Pac look bad...
cervix2000
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jan 11 2010, 12:03 AM) *
Dude you need to stop pretending to be Torvix. One of you is enough! Can someone shut this dude down. Cervix?????

I see why you are a Gayweather fan. Now you are trying to duck me like Gayweather ducked Pacquiao? You are trying to beat someone out of the ring like Gayweather, even if he has a 60% chance of winning. You must believe your chance is only 30% in beating me.
Duck me. Quack, quack, quack, quack.

LOL!
Snoop
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 11 2010, 06:29 AM) *
Absolutely. I think if he does demand it of Mosley and Mosley agrees, then that makes Pac look bad...

Hmm..good point. Could go either way.
AussieLad
Floyd wont fight mosely.

There will be another tune up against a very low calibre opponent. Near 2 year retirement, a meaningless marquez fight, then another 8 months off (if we are talking a may fight) before facing a potentally sharpened mosely fresh off fighting Berto... i dont think so. Its going to be tune up city
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 10 2010, 08:54 PM) *
That's not for any of us to say. If he is, it's up to him to decide when the right time is to "come out".

See?! It's comments like this that could drive him further in the closet. Just leave the man alone.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 11 2010, 12:03 AM) *

Yes it will but here's the deal Shane has already publicly stated he will do the testing so this will be a non-issue. Floyd will have to think of something else to avoid fighting him.
torvix2000
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 11 2010, 08:13 AM) *
Yes it will but here's the deal Shane has already publicly stated he will do the testing so this will be a non-issue. Floyd will have to think of something else to avoid fighting him.

But Floyd is thinking 10 steps ahead. He would be able to come up with something that gullible fans will believe.
Jack 1000
If Shane destroys Berto, look for mayweather vs matthew hatton on may 1st. The excuse will be that Mosley is not a PPV attraction, or Mosley has 5 losses.

Very possible.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.