Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are you drinkin the right beer?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
KENSOFINE
http://topcultured.com/wp-content/uploads/...-Drink-Beer.jpg

clapping.gif

For all you do...this chart's for you!!

You're welcome.
Spyder
You should check out the GIGANTIC beer thread sticky'd to the top of this forum...

If you like beer, it's a MUST read!

drinks.gif
KENSOFINE
Thanks for the heads up. Should this be merged there?

Also, what beer did you end up drinking?
KookedKrack
shok.gif @ the options I need to step my Corona drinking ass up.

I usually fuck with vodka or brandy when I go out clubbing/drinking though.
Spyder
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Jan 11 2010, 12:37 PM) *
Thanks for the heads up. Should this be merged there?

Also, what beer did you end up drinking?

I posted this in there recently...but no matter what your take is on beer, that thread could be published as the Ultimate Bible of Beer. It's a good read, from start to current.

I either end up drinking Stone, Sierra Nevada, or PBR!

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 11 2010, 12:47 PM) *
shok.gif @ the options I need to step my Corona drinking ass up.

I usually fuck with vodka or brandy when I go out clubbing/drinking though.

When I switch it up with the spirits, my night normally becomes un-memorable...at least for me! lol
The CEO
Are you drinkin the right beer?

Yes.

and that's a pretty funny chart...especially the "PBR hipster" thing...lol

P.S.~ THE FH Beer Thread is what dreams are made of...

P.P.S.~ I drank a 2008 bottle of Scaldis Bush De Nuits on New Year's, Spyder...it's a rare and wild brew...very complex and vinous...it sells for 70 bucks in The U.S., but I got the steal in Belgium for 15, 20 Euros... yes2.gif
Spyder
Interesting choice...

Beeradvocate says that they old age it in wine casks...does it have the character of a lambic?

I did a sixer of Sierra Nevada Pale, and then about another 12 pack of PBR...lol...we camped out on a beach island, so I didn't want to bring a lot of bottles with me.

BTW, SN Pale Ale and a nice full bodied Maduro are a PERFECT combination...the bittering finish of the cascade hops, and the sweetness of the maduro is a match made in heaven!
The CEO
Somewhat...it definitely has the tart side of a Lambic in there...not nearly as carbonated though...

It's really all over the place...a little too sweet and Winelike for my Beer tastes...but you can tell it's a "Big Deal" Beer that was cared for...

You doin' Cigars too?...lol...I've been smokin' a gar with my Bourbon every now and then...
Spyder
This guy that we hung out with for new years gave me the cigar. It's something that I've always been a little interested in learning more about. There's a nationally syndicated radio program called the Cigar Dave Show. http://www.cigardave.com/

I listen to that on most weekends, but have never really gone out trying different types of cigars like I did with beer. You'd probably get a kick out of the show...he talks a lot like how YOU post here. lol
KENSOFINE
Ask me ANYTHING about cigars. Thats my shit. You can never go wrong with any Drew Estates cigars. There whole Acid line is flawless.
Spyder
What's the difference between a mild, medium and full bodied cigar?
lloyd mayflower
Since i fell at the first hurdle on that chart, i have to take issue with it. What the fuck is Brew Dog? I've never heard of it. This is how we roll!

Tennents lager A.K.A Vitamin T.
Spyder
http://www.brewdog.com/

They make the strongest beer in the world.
lloyd mayflower
Holy shit! Where has it been all my life!!??
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 11 2010, 02:40 PM) *
This guy that we hung out with for new years gave me the cigar. It's something that I've always been a little interested in learning more about. There's a nationally syndicated radio program called the Cigar Dave Show. http://www.cigardave.com/

I listen to that on most weekends, but have never really gone out trying different types of cigars like I did with beer. You'd probably get a kick out of the show...he talks a lot like how YOU post here. lol

Oh yeah?...I Hate him already.

laugh.gif

When it comes to Beers with Cigars.....I pair bold with bold...a Cohiba with an agressive Imperial Stout or Baltic/Smoked Porter for example...something you can really taste the chocolate, raisins, and figs and what not in...

I prefer Honduran tobacco and wraps...that is...if I can't smoke a real Cuban.

I found a good bang for your buck Cigar late last year...Alec Bradley Family Blend...it's nice....especially with a good Bourbon, Cognac, or Scotch....that's what I'm normally drinkin' if I'm smokin' a cigar.....
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 11 2010, 04:12 PM) *
What's the difference between a mild, medium and full bodied cigar?

That basically is a reference to the strength of the tobacco. Sorta like in the same vein as coffee. Also, the amount of leaves used and the growth process with determine the strength of the cigar as well.
Spyder
I hear good things about Honduran and Dominican cigars...on The CEO's radio show. lol
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 11 2010, 07:25 PM) *
I hear good things about Honduran and Dominican cigars...on The CEO's radio show. lol

Their better cigars are typically the stronger ones. The best test I used in determining is the degree of difficulty experienced when trying to blow that smog out my nose.
Spyder
Damn, you're inhaling your cigars? bad.gif
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 11 2010, 07:53 PM) *
Damn, you're inhaling your cigars? bad.gif

Drolling. There is a difference. Also, I dont smoke the entire cigar through my nose...I simply use that as my method of testing its potency.
Spyder
What's drolling?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.