Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who do you believe?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KENSOFINE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xycyd7ZvU9k...player_embedded

I apologize if this has been posted already.
Spyder
That's a cool concept. I think it could be dangerous if the wrong two fighters are asked the wrong questions...
KENSOFINE
Agreed. If you had James Toney and ANYONE, it would go horribly.

Who else would you like to see, or would have liked to have seen in this format?

I wish they would have done this for Pernel vs Oscar. The quotables that would have come about. The mind wonders...
D-MARV
That was tight! I wanna see more.
Spyder
Shane Mosley is a good choice vs anyone he fought. Same with Miguel Cotto, and the Klitchkos.

I just couldn't imagine someone like Naseem Hamed, or Vic Darchinyan in that environment.

KENSOFINE
LOL...

I think someone like Paul Williams NEEDS to do this. I dont think he will ever be that popular because he doesnt get much VERBAL exposure beyond his post-fight interviews. This will help bridge that gap and allow people to actually know the fighters a little more, which will build interest in the less theatrical matches as well.
The CEO
Berto comes off shook in these things...and he should be...

He's gonna get slaughtered by that Experienced Killer across from him...
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 11 2010, 02:27 PM) *
Berto comes off shook in these things...and he should be...

He's gonna get slaughtered by that Experienced Killer across from him...

I thought the same thing. Maybe thats why this format isnt popular. A LOT of people probably switched their bet, due to that clip. When Mosely said...

"I have seen that style my whole fighting carreer...and he WILL NOT beat me with that style"...that shit seemed so sincere, as in an honest warning, that I kinda look at the match-up differently, myself.

It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.
Spyder
I used to train in the gym with Berto, back as an amateur, and he was always a puncher in sparring. He had quick feet...in fact I used to say that his footwork reminded me of Shane...but his punches were hard as fuck when he'd sit down on them.

He definitely has more to his game than he's shown, but I still don't see him beating Mosley. Shane just does everything that Berto does...better.
KENSOFINE
^^Cotto was catching Shane with a vicious jab, easily in a lot of those rounds. Call me crazy, but think Berto has the potential to be quicker and more accurate with the JAB than Cotto. just my two pennies.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Jan 11 2010, 02:56 PM) *
^^Cotto was catching Shane with a vicious jab, easily in a lot of those rounds. Call me crazy, but think Berto has the potential to be quicker and more accurate with the JAB than Cotto. just my two pennies.

I would like proof of this more accurate jab than Cotto stuff you speak of.

Do I need to bring up footage of this bum getting dropped on espn or being bothered by the feather fisted Collazo?

Mosley puts him to sleep and the ONLY way Mosley loses is if his age catches up to him and even then his power would be the last thing to go either way Berto goes night night. smile_anim.gif

King Eugene
man I cant see youtube at work. Whats the name of the clip? I want to look it up on my phone.
thehype
Shane looked like he wanted to slap the taste out of Berto's mouth.

laugh.gif
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 11 2010, 03:16 PM) *

I accept your challenge. When I get in from work, I will provide you with the necessary jab clips, and we can do a Cotto jab comparison with his fight against Shane. Deal?
KookedKrack
I'll take that deal even though it won't matter much because Cotto's jab lands on top fighters, Berto's jab lands on C+ competition at best.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 11 2010, 03:56 PM) *
I'll take that deal even though it won't matter much because Cotto's jab lands on top fighters, Berto's jab lands on C+ competition at best.

Point noted.
Spyder
I just watched the clip again...I'm starting to feel the pre-fight jitters for this one! laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
I though I saw one of these for Pacquiao/Cotto, which was pretty good too. I'd like to see a weekly sit down with the fighters, rather than a 24/7.
Keith
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 11 2010, 04:18 PM) *
I just watched the clip again...I'm starting to feel the pre-fight jitters for this one! laugh.gif

Although my brain tells me Shane will methodically win... my heart is starting to get the feeling this fight will not be pretty. Could be war from the opening bell.
Keith
Mosley had a sick look in his eye when Berto was insinuating he was too old.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 11 2010, 03:16 PM) *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc1b7_OsM0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yKJ86035Q

Although it is over significantly lesser oponents, the skill-set, power, and accuracy are undeniable. If you think Shane wont get hit with some of those bombs, you are sadly mistaken. Especially since Shane has a habit of forgeting to move his head.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Jan 11 2010, 07:51 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc1b7_OsM0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yKJ86035Q

Although it is over significantly lesser oponents, the skill-set, power, and accuracy are undeniable. If you think Shane wont get hit with some of those bombs, you are sadly mistaken. Especially since Shane has a habit of forgeting to move his head.

Keith
Uh, Shane gets "hit" at one point or another fairly hard in just about every fight going all the way back to DLH 1.

The difference is its easy to throws bombs and look fast and flashy against opponents who have nothing to offer in return.

All you have to do is look at both of their last fights to see the difference....

Mosley beat up and knocked out the biggest toughest guy at 147.

Berto danced around and was content to out point a tough but smaller 140.

If Berto wasnt willing to get a bit dirty and lay it on Juan Urango, WTF is he going to do against Shane Mosley?

Run for his life.
Douchebag
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 12 2010, 01:35 AM) *
Indeed.

Sick like the man who knows his days are numbered.

Berto is going to be on Mosley's highlight reel!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.