By Rick Reeno

The boxing calendar is starting to take shape. Plans are in motion for the 2010 debut of WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik. I've heard Top Rank would like to bring Pavlik back between March and May. Several dates are being discussed, including two possible dates on HBO in the month of April. Pavlik wants to fight all of the obvious names - Paul Williams, Sergio Martinez and Felix Sturm.

As previously reported, Top Rank and Lou DiBella have discussed the possibility of Pavlik-Martinez. There is interest on both sides - but the Williams camp jumped in and presented DiBella with a bigger offer for a Martinez rematch. I hear HBO has a lot more interest in Pavlik-Williams, although I'm sure the network would televise any combination of the three possible fights.

Pavlik-Williams is a fight we've been waiting for since 2008. The two sides were unable to reach an agreement in 2008, but finalized a deal in 2009. Pavlik's battle with a staph infection forced two postponements of the fight, and ultimately both boxers went their separate ways.

Making a deal for Pavlik-Williams in 2010 will not get any easier. Williams’ promoter Dan Goossen has demanded a 50-50 split on the fight. Top Rank will not agree to a 50-50 deal.

“Pavlik will fight Paul Williams. He wants that fight but it won’t happen at 50-50,” said Pavlik’s manager Cameron Dunkin to BoxingScene.com

I think they should have a round robin. These are some interesting matchups. I think Williams would beat Martinez again, possibly get stopped by Pavlik but Pavlik would lose to Martinez because of his movement and ability to get angles. Almost reminds me of the Duran, Hearns, Leonard fights but totally different styles.

I dont see Pavlik fighting those guys back to back. He needs two tune ups in between each big fight.