FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
Douchebag
who wins? I'm thinking Frazier.
PR316
Tyson TKO 5. Styles make fights.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jan 14 2010, 11:20 AM) *
who wins? I'm thinking Frazier.

I'm with you and think that Frazier would win this fight too..It'd be a sweet fight to see..
BigG
Tyson by TKO. Frazier was greater but styles make fights. I don't think Tyson could have beaten the Ali that Frazier beat.
JonnyBlaze
I think Tyson had problems with guys who could get lower than him(Holyfield)..Frazier would probably be the shortest guy he ever fought and Frazier knows how to use his lack of height as an advantage like he should know how to do..Ali said that Frazier was the hardest guy to hit that he fought even though it may not of appeared that way..
Maxy
I think a prime Tyson beats Frazier early in an explosive fight. Tyson was heavier, faster and hit just as hard as Frazier and I think his speed would have told in this fight. Frazier would have been his smallest opponent height wise but was still slightly taller than Mike, although this was minimal. For that 2-3 year period when Mike was at his very best their are only a few heavyweights who could have beaten him. For me, Frazier isn't one of them.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 15 2010, 08:50 AM) *
I think a prime Tyson beats Frazier early in an explosive fight. Tyson was heavier, faster and hit just as hard as Frazier and I think his speed would have told in this fight. Frazier would have been his smallest opponent height wise but was still slightly taller than Mike, although this was minimal. For that 2-3 year period when Mike was at his very best their are only a few heavyweights who could have beaten him. For me, Frazier isn't one of them.

I'd concur Maxy, I'm assuming we're talking prime versions of themselves.

Mike had two hands whereas Joe really only had one. Just too many weapons in the arsenal for Joe to handle.
Keith
Joe did well against guys he could bully. He wouldnt be able to bully Tyson.
D-MARV
Tyson TKO3 Frazier.
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 15 2010, 11:38 PM) *
Tyson TKO3 Frazier.

Ya, that sounds about right. It would be quick whoever won.
Warlord
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 17 2010, 09:07 AM) *
Ya, that sounds about right. It would be quick whoever won.

I disagree. I don't know that Tyson had the hardware upstairs to be beat Frazier. (I love Tyson,btw.) Tyson couldn't have bullied Frazier, and would've discovered that early on. This would be a grueling slugfest, and every round that elapsed would have worked in Frazier's favor.

I actually think the fight is close early on, with Frazier pulling away at the end. If it's a 12-rounder, Frazier by decision. A 15-rounder and Frazier gets the TKO via accumulated punishment.
STEVENSKI
I keep thinking of the shots Frazier took from Foreman. Foreman hit a lot harder than Mike IMO. Good fight. If Frazier survives the first 3 he wins. Both guys can take punishment but unlike Mike Joe showed he could dig deep & keep going until the end.
Douchebag
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 21 2010, 07:58 AM) *
I keep thinking of the shots Frazier took from Foreman. Foreman hit a lot harder than Mike IMO. Good fight. If Frazier survives the first 3 he wins. Both guys can take punishment but unlike Mike Joe showed he could dig deep & keep going until the end.

That's pretty much how I see it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.