Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much does Micheal Katsidis suck.................
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
that the commentators reference him a crappy version of Arturo Gatti (RIP). Despite the heart Gatti had we all know limited he was. Katsidis ends up being even more limitted than Gatti.
lloyd mayflower
Personally i like him
salvador
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 14 2010, 11:52 AM) *
Personally i like him

The guy throws bombs with his chin in the sky until someone falls down. What's not to like?
Maxy
Yeah, personally I think he's a really exciting fighter. Great to watch. As Salvador said, what's not to like?
gbh32001
QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 15 2010, 01:45 AM) *
The guy throws bombs with his chin in the sky until someone falls down. What's not to like?
A strong will with weak brain.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Katsidis can fight, and he's been competitive with some of the top 135 contenders and champs. He's gotten his career back on track in the last year. I'd love to see a fight between him and Valero, that would be fireworks. I'd love to see if he could stand up to the power. Also, I think a fight between him and Marquez would be pretty exciting at this point in Marquez's career. He's a serious threat at lightweight, and I wouldn't consider him a crappy version of Gatti. Gatti got dominated by good boxers, while Katsidis was competitive with a solid boxer (casamayor).
Box in Hand
I like him, I just think his ring life will not be too long. He already looks 10 years older than he actually is and may suffer long term physical effects after boxing.
Maxy

Snoop
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 14 2010, 09:12 PM) *

Fuck. How can you NOT like this guy? Sure he might be a bit shorthanded in the fundamentals department, but that doesn't mean he "sucks".
salvador
great clip Maxy! thanks
Keith
Match Katsidis against anybody of substance at 135 and its an intersting fight. WTF is wrong with a guy like that?
mexi-cutioner
Katsidis is one of my favourite current fighters I can't wait to see him fight next, what's not to like about him?? He was up on the cards before he lost to Cassamayor in a fight he could've won if only his brain was as strong as his will. He had solid wins over Chavez and Escobedo who are top 10 contenders (Chavez is a little bit removed, but still game nonetheless). His only clear loss was vs Diaz and he was able to stay in it for the full 12....I wouldn't call him a crappy version of Gatti I'd say he's at the same level, I think Katsidis might hv a little more pop than Gatti imo
Provo209
Katsidis may not have the greatest fundamentals,But the guy brings it every fight ,I enjoy watching his fights ,the guys a warrior and throws some bombs ,I would like to see him fight Valero that would be a war.......
gbh32001
The guy is gutsy like "thunder G", but he need a good trainer to maximize his ring smart and generalship. He's never been in a bad fight..
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 14 2010, 05:10 PM) *
Katsidis is a warrior, I'm a big fan of his. You take him for what he is. You only set yourself up for disappointment when you constantly use guys like Mayweather, Hopkins, Pacquiao etc as a benchmark and anyone that isn't that calibre you feel sucks. It's also different if people are high on him (much like Pavlik) even though they are ordinary.
But take Katsidis for what he is, and there isn't anything to dislike. He isn't bad either, he was that close to stopping Casamayor, to an extent Casamayor was fortunate he landed that shot when he did. Because Katsidis started slow, but was coming on strong, got careless and then it was over.
I hope he gets the fight with Marquez.

very well said
BigG
Would love to see Valero-Katsidis. I think Valero stops him in under 5.
STEVENSKI
Was I the only one who hated that ballsucking commentary from those Limey bastards in the you tube clip. CEO better not watch that one or he will get real mad. Like beat his wife with the buckle end of his belt angry.
gbh32001
QUOTE (BigG @ Jan 15 2010, 11:40 AM) *
Would love to see Valero-Katsidis. I think Valero stops him in under 5.
With the power that Valero has and the current attitude of Katsidis, he's lucky enough to get past of the first round.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jan 14 2010, 08:37 PM) *
With the power that Valero has and the current attitude of Katsidis, he's lucky enough to get past of the first round.

With the amount of power, lack of defense and wreckless aggression both fighters have, I have a good feeling the fight with look something like this...........

mexi-cutioner
minus the kicking and the octagon of course.......
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 14 2010, 10:51 PM) *
Was I the only one who hated that ballsucking commentary from those Limey bastards in the you tube clip. CEO better not watch that one or he will get real mad. Like beat his wife with the buckle end of his belt angry.

LMAO...yeah...British commentators have a reputation for being exhibitionist ballsuckers...like when Barrera got technically screwed versus Khan, and one of them called Khan "Godlike"....it's just so blatant, so disgusting, that it angers me...

but you know who's the worst?....that Steve Bunce douche....he's got to be one of the most biased, unprofessional analysts I've ever seen...I'd like to CHOKE that guy with my belt until his eyeballs popped out. (no lol)

As far as Katsidis....he's appreciated...that was a sweet, Phone Booth round in that video.
Douchebag
I was VERY bored when I made this thread. LOL
Maxy
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 15 2010, 10:09 AM) *
LMAO...yeah...British commentators have a reputation for being exhibitionist ballsuckers...like when Barrera got technically screwed versus Khan, and one of them called Khan "Godlike"....it's just so blatant, so disgusting, that it angers me...

but you know who's the worst?....that Steve Bunce douche....he's got to be one of the most biased, unprofessional analysts I've ever seen...I'd like to CHOKE that guy with my belt until his eyeballs popped out. (no lol)

As far as Katsidis....he's appreciated...that was a sweet, Phone Booth round in that video.

The commentators in question are John Rawling and Duke McKenzie. I'm not keen on Rawling myself, never have been. McKenzie is alright though...he knows his stuff and rarely picks a fight wrong. Decent fighter too, in his day.

Bunce is all good. He's a bit on the biased side, fair enough, but he's one of the only boxing journalists who genuinely knows what he's talking about over here.

Can't believe a guy so softly spoken and mild mannered would rile you up so much.

laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
Bunce can be ok, but hes the king of the shameless name-drop!

Also, everytime i see Micky Vann reffing a fight it occurs to me that he should be wearing a cape and carrying a large net to catch children in
The CEO
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jan 15 2010, 09:18 AM) *
I was VERY bored when I made this thread. LOL

It's not a bad thread...you were makin' moves...makin' shit happen...lol

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 15 2010, 09:18 AM) *
The commentators in question are John Rawling and Duke McKenzie. I'm not keen on Rawling myself, never have been. McKenzie is alright though...he knows his stuff and rarely picks a fight wrong. Decent fighter too, in his day.

Bunce is all good. He's a bit on the biased side, fair enough, but he's one of the only boxing journalists who genuinely knows what he's talking about over here.

Can't believe a guy so softly spoken and mild mannered would rile you up so much.

laugh.gif

lol...he riles me up because he perpetuates the stereotype...which is, iMo, bad for Boxing.....you know what I'm talkin' about...there's probably thousands upon thousands of teenage Boxing fans in The UK who have been brainwashed by that turd....
Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jan 15 2010, 10:52 AM) *
With the amount of power, lack of defense and wreckless aggression both fighters have, I have a good feeling the fight with look something like this...........

It doesn't help that the two guys look EXACTLY the same too. LOL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.