Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather VS Cintron
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
xxxxxx
Golden Boy promotions says this fight is a possibility for March. Personally I would enjoy seeing this fight and it would be a good fight to prepare for the Mosley-Berto winner this year. All the talk of Mayweather not willing to face a big puncher would be silenced also. Good fight for Money May.
salvador
Don't hold your breath.
Fadetwist
I would rather have Jr fight PWill.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fadetwist @ Jan 14 2010, 11:09 PM) *
I would rather have Jr fight PWill.

I would rather see that fight also, but i doubt it happens anytime soon.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 15 2010, 04:04 AM) *
Golden Boy promotions says this fight is a possibility for March. Personally I would enjoy seeing this fight and it would be a good fight to prepare for the Mosley-Berto winner this year. All the talk of Mayweather not willing to face a big puncher would be silenced also. Good fight for Money May.

Not a good fight at all for May. Disgraceful really. Going after Mosleys & Hattons leftovers. In the words of Stoney "what a piece of shit".
salvador
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 14 2010, 10:19 PM) *
I would rather see that fight also, but i doubt it happens anytime soon.

You doubt Floyd would fight Williams, really? What would make you think that? That's such an odd opinion.

D-MARV
Golden Boy is pushing HARD for Mayweather Vs Mosley in June... I doubt Floyd will fight anyone with a pulse (if anybody) in March.

Get ready for Mayweather-Malignaggi... ugh
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 14 2010, 10:25 PM) *
Not a good fight at all for May. Disgraceful really. Going after Mosleys & Hattons leftovers. In the words of Stoney "what a piece of shit".

huh? Im confused. I don't think Cintron would be a discraceful fight at all... It would be in line with a Josh Clottey. Malignaggi on the other hand would be terrible.
salvador
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 14 2010, 10:27 PM) *
Golden Boy is pushing HARD for Mayweather Vs Mosley in June... I doubt Floyd will fight anyone with a pulse (if anybody) in March.

Get ready for Mayweather-Malignaggi... ugh

Where is all this hate coming from, yo?

More than anyone in the sport, Floyd knows that to be the best you've got to beat the best. Malignaggi's clearly not the best opponent out there for Floyd right now, so why would Floyd fight him after just fighting a blown up light weight. It doesn't make any sense. Have you been drinking?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 14 2010, 11:25 PM) *

What do you mean Mosley and Hatton leftovers?
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 14 2010, 10:30 PM) *
Where is all this hate coming from, yo?

More than anyone in the sport, Floyd knows that to be the best you've got to beat the best. Malignaggi's clearly not the best opponent out there for Floyd right now, so why would Floyd fight him after just fighting a blown up light weight. It doesn't make any sense. Have you been drinking?

My point is that Golden boy is trying to put together a potential Mayweather-Mosley fight this summer. Do you see Floyd fighting a top fighter in March and then fighting Mosley in June? I don't see it... but if he was to fight Cintron or a Bradley then turn around and fight Mosley in June, I would give him big props.
salvador
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 14 2010, 10:34 PM) *
My point is that Golden boy is trying to put together a potential Mayweather-Mosley fight this summer. Do you see Floyd fighting a top fighter in March and then fighting Mosley in June? I don't see it... but if he was to fight Cintron or a Bradley then turn around and fight Mosley in June, I would give him big props.

I was kidding.

I have to say that it makes me a little crazy that Bradley is even a semi-acceptable option for someone like you who spends as much time as I do thinking about this stuff. Pac just ko'd Cotto and he's about to fight Clottsy (who is very clearly tougher than anyone Floyd has faced). If Floyd fights a jr ww I don't think I'll ever be able to watch him again - at least until I know for damn sure that he just got ko'd and I can watch the replay.

I know what your saying and I agree with you, but I can't just sit back and have us all accept this bs without calling a spade a spade. Floyd is ducking the big wws and it's disgraceful.

And there's no way that Floyd would even consider fighting Cintron because Floyd knows he couldn't hurt Cintron and Floyd knows that Cintron could end the fight with one punch. No chance this fight happens. And even if it does, it'll be a chickenshit move seeing as how Williams is wide open and ready at 147.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 15 2010, 03:29 AM) *
huh? Im confused. I don't think Cintron would be a discraceful fight at all... It would be in line with a Josh Clottey. Malignaggi on the other hand would be terrible.

Clottey's only recent loss was a hotly disputed loss to Cotto. A fight he won on many peoples cards. His only other loss in 10 years was against a proven cheat in Margarito.

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 15 2010, 03:30 AM) *
What do you mean Mosley and Hatton leftovers?

My apologies. I get spics mixed up sometimes. My apologies. I wonder if Mayweather will make him cry. Somehow I doubt it as Margarito opened his hole pretty good both times he fucked him.
D-MARV
Floyd ain't going no where near PWill.

I do however disagree with the fact that Floyd can't hurt Cintron. It's not like Cintron has a rock solid chin and Floyd has hurt everyone he's been in the ring with. (Except Baldomir)

I don't think Floyd will fight Cintron either. But Manny has put a lot of pressure on Floyd by choosing Clottey. Floyd needs to step up.
Big Slim Sweet
It's simple. Mayweather needs to back off the March 13 date and fight Mosley in May/June. Or Berto if he beats Mosley. That's it. That's all he needs to do.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 14 2010, 10:46 PM) *
Clottey's only recent loss was a hotly disputed loss to Cotto. A fight he won on many peoples cards. His only other loss in 10 years was against a proven cheat in Margarito.

Clottey also fought a Margarito who had a sprained ankle and a injuried right hand. He also fought a chubby, over the hill Corrales and couldn't put him away. Look, Clottey is a respectable opponent but let's not act like this is the stuff of legends. Manny will win based on activity alone. My point is fighting a Cintron will be a par with fighting a Clottey. Cintron has decent KO power, Clottey can't break tissue.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 15 2010, 03:54 AM) *
Clottey also fought a Margarito who had a sprained ankle and a injuried right hand. He also fought a chubby, over the hill Corrales and couldn't put him away. Look, Clottey is a respectable opponent but let's not act like this is the stuff of legends. Manny will win based on activity alone. My point is fighting a Cintron will be a par with fighting a Clottey. Cintron has decent KO power, Clottey can't break tissue.

Yes but Clottery does not do this when he loses.

xxxxxx
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 14 2010, 10:56 PM) *
Yes but Clottery does not do this when he loses.

All that shows is that Cintron was upset after the loss. Areola cried after defeat also...so what. Theres a lot of emotion after a loss. The only losses Cintron has are actually tainted now, by a proven cheater.
Big Slim Sweet
Cintron is almost on par with Clottey. Not quite. He's most famous for getting skullfucked twice by Margarito and his ass whipped twice in one night by Sergio Martinez.

His big win is over Angulo? Or...David Estrada?

Bottom line is this: Cotto and Clottey are more dangerous opponents than anyone Floyd has ever faced. He needs to step the fuck up STAT or pretty soon even his staunchest defenders will have to concede defeat.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 14 2010, 11:04 PM) *
All that shows is that Cintron was upset after the loss. Areola cried after defeat also...so what. Theres a lot of emotion after a loss. The only losses Cintron has are actually tainted now, by a proven cheater.

Arreola cried out of shame and embarrassment, which is pathetic enough as is. Cintron cried cause the pain inflicted when a bully kicked his butt was too much for him to handle.
thehype
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 14 2010, 11:10 PM) *
Arreola cried out of shame and embarrassment, which is pathetic enough as is. Cintron cried cause the pain inflicted when a bully kicked his butt was too much for him to handle.

xxxxxx
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 14 2010, 11:10 PM) *

Maybe, but if Margarito had the plaster like substance in his gloves against Cintron than it don't look as bad. I'm not gonna sit here and say Cintron is a world beater, but it's much betterr than some of the other names that have been thrown out there.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 14 2010, 11:15 PM) *

laugh.gif

I've always loved that picture.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 14 2010, 11:18 PM) *
Maybe, but if Margarito had the plaster like substance in his gloves against Cintron than it don't look as bad. I'm not gonna sit here and say Cintron is a world beater, but it's much betterr than some of the other names that have been thrown out there.

If he'd gotten KO'd like a man then I'd agree it wouldn't look so bad.

But to watch him cry like a child tells me all I need to know, ya feel me?

The fact that he'd be considered a solid opponent based on how weak the other names thrown out there are doesn't speak well of Mayweather's welterweight opposition.
thehype
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 14 2010, 10:04 PM) *

DUUUUUH!!!!

Can't you guys see what's going on here. It doesn't take this freakin' long to pick an opponent.

Kermit Cintron is Floyd's ONLY option if he plans on fighting on March 13th, and quite frankly, I'm not even 100% sure he actually plans on fighting still on that date, because from what I hear, he's still out kickin' it in the clubs as we speak.

Golden Boy Promotions and Team Mayweather have simply just been throwing names out there to guage the reactions of fans and media alike. First it was Paulie...then it was Campbell...now it's Cintron.

He's NOT going to fight PWill OR Berto simply because his manager, Al Haymon, isn't eager to make those fights seeing as how he manages ALL of them.

HBO is not to happy about approving Paulie or Campbell based on the initial reaction of fans and media.

That doesn't leave many other options other than Cintron...so now they're throwing his name out there. If they were REALLY serious about making that fight, they would have contacted Cintron's people by now. You know it's bad when Cintron has to put out a press release himself just to say, "Hey Floyd, PLEASE pick me. I'm one of your biggest fans and would love an opportunity to test my skills against yours."

I mean, that's fvckin laughable in and of itself. Fvcking De La Hoya is coming out and saying that Kermit Cintron is a "strong possibility" and then Cintron follows him with a press release asking for the fight. What the fvck is going on in boxing? What the fvck is going on with Team Mayweather? Do you want to fight Cintron or not? It doesn't take this fvcking long to make up that decision. It's fvcking Cintron or bust...and man, I'm telling you, I have a funny feeling that it's going to be bust and Floyd ain't gonna fight on March 13.

We'll see though. Cintron is definitely an improvement, but still, I'm watching Pacquiao-Clottey on March 13th...I just think Clottey's got a much better shot at being competitive, and quite frankly, chances are, Pacquiao will probably STILL walk through his ass too...but fvck it...I'd rather pay for that than to watch Floyd take Cintron to school. I'll catch that one the following week on HBO.

Having said that though, that's kind of a testament to just how good Floyd really is. I mean, quite frankly, I don't even want to see Floyd in any other fight other than Pacquiao or Mosley...that's it...no other fight for Floyd will cut it for me. I mean, that fool had to retire for damn near 2 years just for me to even think that there was a guy [Pacquiao] who even had a shot at pulling off the upset...even prior to Mosley's win over Margarito, I didn't even think he stood much of a chance against Floyd (a slim chance perhaps, but I still thought Floyd would whip him)...I mean, like I said, that says a lot about Floyd and his skills. But still...fvck that...a Cintron fight just don't do it for me either....Mayweather vs. Pacquiao or Mayweather vs. Mosley...those are the only fights I want to see. Just sit out the March 13 date and wait for Shane (provided his ass don't fvck it up and lose to an extremely motivated Andre Berto on Jan. 30).

That's what I would do. There's barely even enough time to promote a freakin' fight with anyone else by March 13...it's just ridiculous. I really think HBO is doing all they can right now to persuade Floyd to fight on a later date. Sorry Floyd...you gotta take this one on the chin....ya'll fools just got outmaneuvered by Arum.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 14 2010, 11:08 PM) *
Cintron is almost on par with Clottey. Not quite. He's most famous for getting skullfucked twice by Margarito and his ass whipped twice in one night by Sergio Martinez.

His big win is over Angulo? Or...David Estrada?

Bottom line is this: Cotto and Clottey are more dangerous opponents than anyone Floyd has ever faced. He needs to step the fuck up STAT or pretty soon even his staunchest defenders will have to concede defeat.

I see where your at but who has Clottey ever beat? He's most famous for losing to Margarito and Cotto. I know he was competitive but he still lost. I see Cintron and clottey as respectable welterweights who are good but not elite.
Big Slim Sweet
Actually Clottey-Cintron would have made a sweet undercard fight.

I agree with Hype though, Floyd's not fighting anyone March 13. He really has no choice now but to sit it out.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 14 2010, 11:34 PM) *
DUUUUUH!!!!

Can't you guys see what's going on here. It doesn't take this freakin' long to pick an opponent.

Kermit Cintron is Floyd's ONLY option if he plans on fighting on March 13th, and quite frankly, I'm not even 100% sure he actually plans on fighting still on that date, because from what I hear, he's still out kickin' it in the clubs as we speak.

Golden Boy Promotions and Team Mayweather have simply just been throwing names out there to guage the reactions of fans and media alike. First it was Paulie...then it was Campbell...now it's Cintron.

He's NOT going to fight PWill OR Berto simply because his manager, Al Haymon, isn't eager to make those fights seeing as how he manages ALL of them.

HBO is not to happy about approving Paulie or Campbell based on the initial reaction of fans and media.

That doesn't leave many other options other than Cintron...so now they're throwing his name out there. If they were REALLY serious about making that fight, they would have contacted Cintron's people by now. You know it's bad when Cintron has to put out a press release himself just to say, "Hey Floyd, PLEASE pick me. I'm one of your biggest fans and would love an opportunity to test my skills against yours."

I mean, that's fvckin laughable in and of itself. Fvcking De La Hoya is coming out and saying that Kermit Cintron is a "strong possibility" and then Cintron follows him with a press release asking for the fight. What the fvck is going on in boxing? What the fvck is going on with Team Mayweather? Do you want to fight Cintron or not? It doesn't take this fvcking long to make up that decision. It's fvcking Cintron or bust...and man, I'm telling you, I have a funny feeling that it's going to be bust and Floyd ain't gonna fight on March 13.

We'll see though. Cintron is definitely an improvement, but still, I'm watching Pacquiao-Clottey on March 13th...I just think Clottey's got a much better shot at being competitive, and quite frankly, chances are, Pacquiao will probably STILL walk through his ass too...but fvck it...I'd rather pay for that than to watch Floyd take Cintron to school. I'll catch that one the following week on HBO.

Having said that though, that's kind of a testament to just how good Floyd really is. I mean, quite frankly, I don't even want to see Floyd in any other fight other than Pacquiao or Mosley...that's it...no other fight for Floyd will cut it for me. I mean, that fool had to retire for damn near 2 years just for me to even think that there was a guy [Pacquiao] who even had a shot at pulling off the upset...even prior to Mosley's win over Margarito, I didn't even think he stood much of a chance against Floyd (a slim chance perhaps, but I still thought Floyd would whip him)...I mean, like I said, that says a lot about Floyd and his skills. But still...fvck that...a Cintron fight just don't do it for me either....Mayweather vs. Pacquiao or Mayweather vs. Mosley...those are the only fights I want to see. Just sit out the March 13 date and wait for Shane (provided his ass don't fvck it up and lose to an extremely motivated Andre Berto on Jan. 30).

That's what I would do. There's barely even enough time to promote a freakin' fight with anyone else by March 13...it's just ridiculous. I really think HBO is doing all they can right now to persuade Floyd to fight on a later date. Sorry Floyd...you gotta take this one on the chin....ya'll fools just got outmaneuvered by Arum.

I want to see Floyd fight Pac or Mosley also more than anything, but I don't think it's a bad idea for Money May to take another stay busy fight before he matches himself up with either of those guys. Thats just my opinion. I hear what your saying though about throwing names out there to get the fans reactions first. Team Mayweather did the same thing back in 2006 I think with Spinks and Baldomir. I believe there was a few other names also.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 15 2010, 05:34 AM) *
Sorry Floyd...you gotta take this one on the chin....ya'll fools just got outmaneuvered by Arum.

He got played like the bitch he is. Arum has the date & the fight on HBO. Floyd has..........
kingknockout
man nobody wants to see this shit....who's dude really?
tymoney
Me.. i feel like he should sit out and wait on mosely-berto winner. But if he wanna stay busy i dont see nothing wrong wit it.. its da same shit pacman is doin and nobody is bitchin about it. And dnt give me da whole "clottey is tougher opponent den cintron" bullshit. I agree dat clottey is a better fighter but hes definitely not dat much of a threat.. he throws about 10 punches a round.. da other half hes covering up. Pacman will handle him easy based off output.. not to mention if da boy is juicing up. As far as cintron.. isnt he one of da "big" ww dat everyone claims floyd is scared to fight?? I mean outside of paul williams hes clearly da biggest man out there.. so wats da problem if floyd fight him?? sure its an easy ass fight.. but do anyone HONESTLY believes paul williams is a more difficult fight?? Hell no.. in my opinion cintron is more dangerous cuz he has ko power.. paul just throws a million arm punches wit no power behind em.. so dat would be another boring ass fight. Thats why da only way floyd will win in this situation is to just wait for mosely.. and whoop his ass.. dat should silence all da critics!
STEVENSKI
Fucking idiot above me. I am no Williams fanboy but he does a lot more than just throw a million arm punches.
kingknockout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 15 2010, 01:35 AM) *
Fucking idiot above me. I am no Williams fanboy but he does a lot more than just throw a million arm punches.

Fadetwist
Pwill and Bradley are the only ones that would make me watch this fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I will watch PBF V. Cintron. Like Pac I think it's a half decent fight that can be made in a short time.

Will I buy this fight? Yes I will but only if it's not on the same night as Pac/Clottey laugh.gif
D-MARV
At the end of the day, Team Mayweather got Penis slapped by Arum. Floyd has no choice but to wait on Mosley or fight someone like a Williams or even Bradley.
mexi-cutioner
Mayweather vs Cintron= Mayweather vs Corrales
JD
Except Chico didn't cry.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jan 15 2010, 05:54 AM) *

No freaking way... mayweather had some pop at 130-135. He has NO Pop at 147. The Cinton fight would look very much like the DLH fight. However, I can see Cintron taking a decision against Mayweather. He has the power to close out before 12. I'd go with Cintron by decision were they to fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 15 2010, 07:31 AM) *
No freaking way... mayweather had some pop at 130-135. He has NO Pop at 147. The Cinton fight would look very much like the DLH fight. However, I can see Cintron taking a decision against Mayweather. He has the power to close out before 12. I'd go with Cintron by decision were they to fight.

not_i.gif

That's Bold... I see Mayweather handling Cintron fairly easy.
Provo209
If Floyd fight Cintron ,Floyd will dominate his ass easy ,its easy work !I think the best thing Floyd should do is sit back and wait for the Berto ,Shane winner and fight the winner in May. There's really no one else to fight that's worth a shit .there's No Way he'll fight anyone who is signed to Top Rank ,Bob won't let that happen. Now if Floyd wa to still wants to fight in March he has to Fight Paul Will that would be a slap in the Face to Bob cause that would sell way more than Clotey and Pac.
jlupi
Now if Floyd wa to still wants to fight in March he has to Fight Paul Will that would be a slap in the Face to Bob cause that would sell way more than Clotey and Pac. >>>

yeah, and thats goin to happen laugh.gif

Id give mayweather mad respect for that. But he would get his ass beat.
JD
The risk in a Williams fight is not worth the slap in the face to Arum. Floyd is risk averse.

Spyder
When people iritate Beardo, death on the side of a mountain is bound to follow.

Floyd should be placed on immediate "suicide" watch!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jan 15 2010, 05:54 AM) *

Comparing a warrior like Chico to a crybaby like Cintron makes me want to choke you to death.
The Original MrFactor
The Fact that Mayweather probably WONT pick Cintron speaks volumes to me. Way too much risk. He's not as confident as most of you are... He'll either not fight or pick Campbell, Malignaggi or Matthew Hatton. If he goes the latter route will you all remain so confident in his abilities?
Mean Mister Mustard
I think a Cintron fight isn't all too bad. I would rather see him fight Bradley or Williams but it would be interesting to see Cintron's size, reach and power against the speed and elusiveness of Mayweather. Plus Cintron didn't do all that badly against Martinez.
tymoney
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 15 2010, 01:35 AM) *

Ok, ill be the "fuckin idiot".. but plz respond to me with logic.. not half ass ignorant responses that holds no value. Only idiots do shit like dat... now that we got that out the way.. plz do me a favor and let me know what exactly do you see in williams thats any different then what i said??
jlupi
I think a Cintron fight isn't all too bad.>>>>

no its not. Its not a block buster, floyd should win but there is some risk. which is why he wont take it.

I really hate the fact that Im so down on floyd. I used to be a big fan. I hope im wrong and he goes out there and tries to clean out the top guys. hell, i even understand if he avoids williams. I just think at this point protecting a 0 is all thats important to him and he'd rather fight his toughest opponents with words only.

Jack 1000
At least Kermit the Frog is better than Floyd fighting Malinaggi. For a tune up, Cintron is not bad at all. But don't hold your breath. Cintron can still crack and Pretty Boy doesn't like facing hard punchers. I don't think it happens.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.