Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bowe accuses Golota of steroid use
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

And I bet you thought this was some new information.

laugh.gif

Nope...just an old story from nearly 14 years ago....but it will be interesting to see if this plays a role in the defamation lawsuit that Pacquiao has going on right now. Check it out:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1996-10-1...s-golota-lathan

Bowe accuses Golota of steroid use, wants test N.J. official says testing would happen only if both fighters' camps agree
October 18, 1996|By Alan Goldstein,SUN STAFF

Former heavyweight champion Riddick Bowe, preparing for a rematch with Andrew Golota, has accused his rival of using steroids in their first riot-marred fight at Madison Square Garden last July.

"I definitely think he was on steroids," said Bowe, who was being soundly beaten before being declared the winner by disqualification in the seventh round when Golota was charged with a fourth low blow. The boxers will meet in Atlantic City, N.J., on Dec. 14.

"Look at Golota's record prior to fighting me," he said. "Mediocre guys were hurting him. When he fought me, he had a lot of energy and my punches didn't bother him.

"If he is not tested for steroids this time, there will be no fight. Mano a mano, I know he can't beat me. If he's clean, and he gives the same kind of performance, I'll tip my hat to him. Otherwise, we'll know his performance in July was enhanced by steroids."

Dr. Billy Lathan, chief medical officer for the New York State Athletic Commission, said yesterday that his commission does not test for steroids, adding, "I do not believe any state commission tests for it.

"Personally, I don't think it's that important relative to all the other tests we do for drugs, AIDS, hepatitis, and the condition of a fighter's heart and eyes," said Lathan. "I think, in the long run, steroids would prove more harmful."

Larry Hazzard, chairman of the New Jersey Athletic Commission, said, "If both camps -- Bowe and Golota -- mutually agree to being tested for steroids, we would oblige them.

"Currently, we do not require steroid testing, but there is latitude in our rules and regulations to ensure the integrity of an event."

Pub Date: 10/18/96
MarzB
Great find.
D-MARV
Haha... Did Golota ever test positive for something?
thehype
laugh.gif

Actually...I'm terrible...I shouldn't have started a new thread for this.

laugh.gif

But it's just so funny to see how Mayweather is getting blasted for doing the same thing that others have done in the past. I mean, think about it...does anybody remember Riddick Bowe's request causing such a stir in boxing and mainstream media? It's hilarious...fvcking Bowe is like, "HELL YEAH I THINK THAT MUDDASUCKA IS USING STEROIDS. I WANT HIS ASS TESTED ASAP!"

laugh.gif

That's fvcking great.

Upon further review, Andrew Golota should sue his ass. Who knows how much those accusations cost him in future earnings throughout his career. I mean seriously...Golota was beloved by his Polish fans, and then those accusations come out and bam...career down the toilet. Those accusations alone could have cost him MILLIONS when he fought Adamek. LOL.

laugh.gif
Jack 1000
LOL!!!!

Awesome shit Hype!!! I too throught this was new info! (And that Bowe and Golota would meet in a rubber match! hahaha)

Jack
Spyder
Golota had a bunch of back pimples too...Bowe was probably right on that one.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 15 2010, 03:49 PM) *
Golota had a bunch of back pimples too...Bowe was probably right on that one.

Yes he did. Also I remember that after he was inactive for a while until he fought Byrd and his body looked more muscular and ripped.

Big Slim Sweet
Golota was for sure on steroids. I thought it back then and I think it now.
thehype
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 15 2010, 03:53 PM) *
Golota was for sure on steroids. I thought it back then and I think it now.

YOU BASTARD!!!!!

WHERE ARE MY FELLOW GOLOTA FANS!!!!!!

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!!!! I DEMAND THAT YOU SHOW US YOUR EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FVCK THAT...I'M TALKING TO A LAWYER....WE'RE GOING TO SUE GOLDEN BOY AND TEAM MAYWEATHER FOR THIS! SOMEHOW....SOME WAY....I KNOW THEY'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THESE ACCUSSATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
jlupi
Im so not with you on this hype. This fight falling apart was more floyd than manny although both could have bent more if they really wanted the fight. although to say manny diddnt bend quite a bit would be inacurate.

I know you your position is that for 40 mil take the test. but that argument is on both sides and manny is in a diff position than us financially. Hell Id fight any of these guys with a blood test on 20 minutes notice for 50,000 with one hand
Byrd Man
All I gotta say is that if this costs us the Bowe/Golota fight over someone refusing to take a fucking test, I'm gonna be heated!
thehype
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jan 15 2010, 05:41 PM) *
Im so not with you on this hype. This fight falling apart was more floyd than manny although both could have bent more if they really wanted the fight. although to say manny diddnt bend quite a bit would be inacurate.

I know you your position is that for 40 mil take the test. but that argument is on both sides and manny is in a diff position than us financially. Hell Id fight any of these guys with a blood test on 20 minutes notice for 50,000 with one hand

Ummmmmmmmmmm...I don't think I'm talking about the fight falling apart in this thread....this is more about the defamation lawsuit.

However, as far as the fight falling through, I actually don't blame Floyd or Manny...I blame Bob Arum. He never wanted the fight to begin with. The blood test was just what he used to get out of it...if it wasn't the blood test though, it would have been something else. This fight was never going to happen from the beginning. This was a big "FUCK YOU" to Oscar and Floyd...payback for them leaving him.

I mean, literally, the minute that reporters started asking about Manny fighting Floyd after his big win over Cotto, Arum SHOUTED that this fight WOULD NOT be negotiated in the media. He DEMANDED that both sides stay silent about what was going on...and yet...from the minute that negotiations began, it was always, always, ALWAYS Bob Arum running to the media and doing exactly what it was that he demanded everyone else not to do. It's crazy!

So really, you kind of got it wrong regarding who I lay the blame on because, quite frankly, even Manny would have agreed to the tests, I think Arum would have found a different excuse.

Just my take on it though.

But anyway...stay on topic...this is about the lawsuit and the fact that Mayweather's requests and "accusations" are not unprecedented in this sports....particularly within the past 15 years.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I always suspected Golota was using due to the size of his head laugh.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 15 2010, 11:02 PM) *
However, as far as the fight falling through, I actually don't blame Floyd or Manny...I blame Bob Arum. He never wanted the fight to begin with. The blood test was just what he used to get out of it...if it wasn't the blood test though, it would have been something else. This fight was never going to happen from the beginning. This was a big "FUCK YOU" to Oscar and Floyd...payback for them leaving him.

Or, Bob Arum might have wanted to get Pac out of the GBP 5% contract in exchange for the random testing. He just couldn't spit it out and might have wanted GBP to propose it.
torvix2000
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 15 2010, 11:07 PM) *

And Vargas grew a granite chin because of steroids. That's why DLH couldn't knock him out.
The Original MrFactor
I think alot of those guys that are having success use PEDs. The Klitschkos would also be prime suspects in my eyes. As long as the commissions keep allowing guys to skate without any real testing we are going to see records go down similarly to MLB. Its gonna take somebody to say wait a minute, this type of shit aint ever been done, or aint humanly possible to get something done about it. I hate to say it, but maybe its gonna take a beloved star to actually die in the ring at ther hands of someone who tests positive.
torvix2000
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 17 2010, 02:00 AM) *
I think alot of those guys that are having success use PEDs. The Klitschkos would also be prime suspects in my eyes. As long as the commissions keep allowing guys to skate without any real testing we are going to see records go down similarly to MLB. Its gonna take somebody to say wait a minute, this type of shit aint ever been done, or aint humanly possible to get something done about it. I hate to say it, but maybe its gonna take a beloved star to actually die in the ring at their hands of someone who tests positive.

I think someone on steroids has a higher chance of getting killed in the ring. They do something to your body that's bad in a combat sports. It would be "better" if someone died because of steroids. Kinda like Vargas getting killed by Dela Hoya. Then, perhaps, people will realize the dangers of EPO/steroids/etc. not just to the opponent but, moreso, to the user.
thehype
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 16 2010, 08:00 PM) *
I think alot of those guys that are having success use PEDs. The Klitschkos would also be prime suspects in my eyes. As long as the commissions keep allowing guys to skate without any real testing we are going to see records go down similarly to MLB. Its gonna take somebody to say wait a minute, this type of shit aint ever been done, or aint humanly possible to get something done about it. I hate to say it, but maybe its gonna take a beloved star to actually die in the ring at ther hands of someone who tests positive.

I'm pretty sure the Klitschkos are admitted steroid users...at least I thought one of them (Vitali I think) admitted to using them in the past.
Romulus9
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 16 2010, 10:03 PM) *
I'm pretty sure the Klitschkos are admitted steroid users...at least I thought one of them (Vitali I think) admitted to using them in the past.

Here's an excerpt from a piece from November 2004:

In 1996, Klitschko was preparing to represent the Ukraine in the Atlanta Olympics but was tossed off the team after testing positive for a banned substance. Vitali had planned to compete at super-heavyweight while his younger brother, Wladimir, would fight at heavyweight. Wladimir took over the super-heavyweight slot and won the gold medal. Both Klitschkos have been tested routinely for banned substances throughout their professional careers and have always been clean.
thehype
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 16 2010, 09:53 PM) *
I think someone on steroids has a higher chance of getting killed in the ring. They do something to your body that's bad in a combat sports. It would be "better" if someone died because of steroids. Kinda like Vargas getting killed by Dela Hoya. Then, perhaps, people will realize the dangers of EPO/steroids/etc. not just to the opponent but, moreso, to the user.

I think there's a big difference between typical steroids (i.e. the kind Vargas was using), HGH and EPO. Some of them, like EPO, are actually very beneficial when it comes to endurance and are extremely helpful in combat sports....others, like anabolic steroids, can make you bulky or decrease your stamina, which would work against you in combat sports. It really just depends on what exactly it is that you're using...there are a TON of different types and depending on what you use, they can be beneficial or harmful.

And in actuality, most PEDs, like steroids, are EXTREMELY helpful for the body when it comes to medicine, etc., so I wouldn't necessarily say they're dangerous. What's dangerous is the misuse of them.
basicjab
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 15 2010, 11:07 PM) *

Amen. If the guy has a huge dome that's PROOF in the putting. No need for prosecution, they need to be banned from boxing and sentenced immediately to 20 years to life. What's more, for the defenders of Pac and other big headed atheletes, I am not saying these lunatics should be sentenced to prison but full castration (where not only they cut off the balls but the penis as well) should be a fitting punishment for the crime, all these guys are obviously nuthuggers, they deserve nothing less for being so gay. lol

Olympic style drug tests? What the fuck for? It doesn't work. What is needed is a measuring tape to measure the guy's head, if his head size is over a certain centimeters (determined by the FANS not the faggot officials in boxing) than he would be immediately arrested and wait to be sentenced. Guys like Frasier, Chavez, MAB, and all the miniweights for that matter should be detained immediately for head measurement, most of them would fail, they should be sentensed immediately. Boxing and boxing FANS deserve nothing less!!!!
torvix2000
QUOTE (basicjab @ Jan 17 2010, 10:56 AM) *
Amen. If the guy has a huge dome that's PROOF in the putting. No need for prosecution, they need to be banned from boxing and sentenced immediately to 20 years to life. What's more, for the defenders of Pac and other big headed atheletes, I am not saying these lunatics should be sentenced to prison but full castration (where not only they cut off the balls but the penis as well) should be a fitting punishment for the crime, all these guys are obviously nuthuggers, they deserve nothing less for being so gay. lol

Olympic style drug tests? What the fuck for? It doesn't work. What is needed is a measuring tape to measure the guy's head, if his head size is over a certain centimeters (determined by the FANS not the faggot officials in boxing) than he would be immediately arrested and wait to be sentenced. Guys like Frasier, Chavez, MAB, and all the miniweights for that matter should be detained immediately for head measurement, most of them would fail, they should be sentensed immediately. Boxing and boxing FANS deserve nothing less!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.