Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WBA/WBC/IBF Unification Meeting
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
According to Fightnews, at the request of the IBF, there was a recent meeting where the three presidents of the organizations met to discuss proposals of uniformity rules and standardization of conduct with the Association of Boxing Commissions and the top boxing federations throughout the world. They tried something similar to this on May 1, 1998 in a similar meeting to try to produce round-robin tournaments and encourage the unification of rules, champions, and contenders. It didn't really change anything.

But maybe with boxing going through some tough times they can work to get some international standards in place. If we can get the WBO involved in this as well, I think boxing could help eliminate some of the confusion and work toward uniform standards. Maybe it will be like twelve years ago and turn out to be moot. But at least you can't fault the sanctioning bodies for trying.

It's interesting the the hot topic of drug testing was discussed.

Here is the story:

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=35190#more-35190

Jack
Fitz
Good start, and while nothing is resolved yet, at least they seem to be aware that a problem actually exists.

I suppose the other thing better this time than in 1998 is that UFC has come and a big player in the fighting genre. They could also be a good model to try base themselves off.
Not sure if anything is going to happen out of this, but I sure hope so. They need structure.
AussieLad
All that would be needed would be for the sanctioing bodies to do the match making, and remove greedy promoters and fight dodging resume padders from the bulk of the negotiation process.

KookedKrack
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 20 2010, 01:00 AM) *
Good start, and while nothing is resolved yet, at least they seem to be aware that a problem actually exists.

I suppose the other thing better this time than in 1998 is that UFC has come and a big player in the fighting genre. They could also be a good model to try base themselves off.
Not sure if anything is going to happen out of this, but I sure hope so. They need structure.

UFC pretty much took the WWE model which was very smart of them imo.
Fitz
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 21 2010, 01:21 AM) *
UFC pretty much took the WWE model which was very smart of them imo.

Yeah it did. I remember remember reading an article a while back that talked about how similar the both are in a lot of ways. It also explains why they get a lot of cross over fans between the two.
STEVENSKI
The thing is if a mouthy prick like Mayweather was in the UFC every single fight he would have would be against the top contenders. That is what the UFC does well. White pits the best against the best within his organization.
AussieLad
Thats why floyd isnt in the UFC, and would never be. You cant pick and choose cherries like you can off the boxing tree
King Eugene
Speaking of WWE/WWF boxing needs a Stone Cold Steve Austin type badass, one title in each division, and the champ must take on all number 1 contenders.

Wishful thinking...
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 20 2010, 06:00 PM) *
The thing is if a mouthy prick like Mayweather was in the UFC every single fight he would have would be against the top contenders. That is what the UFC does well. White pits the best against the best within his organization.

Thats why floyd isnt in the UFC, and would never be. You cant pick and choose cherries like you can off the boxing tree

You guys are 100% right. Pacquiao could never be in the UFC as well.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 21 2010, 09:10 AM) *

Sure he could. Pacquaio fights and destroys the best.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 21 2010, 01:36 PM) *
Sure he could. Pacquaio fights and destroys the best.

dry.gif
Big Slim Sweet
Understand KK, I scoff at the gaycock pontoon.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 21 2010, 02:10 PM) *

Probably right. Has Mayweather announced his fight with Mosley yet? Thought not........
The CEO
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 21 2010, 01:49 PM) *
Understand KK, I scoff at the gaycock pontoon.

To that I say...Floyd Mayweather will take Shane Mosley to SCHOOL if they fight...

I KNOW that would make you very sad, Big Bad Ass Slim Sweetness....knowing how much you hate the former and like the latter... taunt.gif

pon toon...Pon toon...Pon Toon...PON TOON!
Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 21 2010, 07:08 PM) *
To that I say...Floyd Mayweather will take Shane Mosley to SCHOOL if they fight...

Floyd will take Shane to Cuddle Bunnies pre-school.

Shane will then take Floyd to the University of Hurt.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 22 2010, 02:00 AM) *
Shane will then take Floyd to the University of Hurt.

Majoring in pain.
JD
If Mosley were not idle for 16 months...I would have to think long and hard, but he will be when the opening bell rings - and I have Floyd by decision.
The CEO
Keith!...you can't let your personal feelings interfere with Business.

As a Pontoonsman, you must do or say WHATEVER IT TAKES to thwart off attackers and protect The Integrity of the ship.
King Eugene
Floyd will frustrate the hell out Shane cause he wont stand and bang. He'll pot shot his way to a decision.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 21 2010, 08:08 PM) *

I KNOW that would make you very sad, Big Bad Ass Slim Sweetness....knowing how much you hate the former and like the latter... taunt.gif

pon toon...Pon toon...Pon Toon...PON TOON!

laugh.gif

Floyd takes Shane to school on Bring Your Daddy to School Day.

Shane's gonna beat on Floyd like he broke curfew.
Snoop
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 22 2010, 03:14 AM) *

As a Pontoonsman, you must do or say WHATEVER IT TAKES to thwart off attackers and protect The Integrity of the ship.

Agreed. Keith. I believe you have another target in the crosshairs.
The CEO
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 22 2010, 01:41 PM) *
laugh.gif

Floyd takes Shane to school on Bring Your Daddy to School Day.

Shane's gonna beat on Floyd like he broke curfew.

lol....that's good stuff....but Mayweather ain't Berto, and it's 2010.

As much as I appreciate and respect Shane, IF this fight goes down, I KNOW Mayweather will simply outbox him and win...which means one of your favorite fighters will probably end up being a shiny notch on Money May's belt...

Yep...you better stock up on some yay and prepare yourself for a Great Depression, old friend... laugh.gif
Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 21 2010, 10:14 PM) *

CEO, I hate both Manny and Floyd. I dont understand how believing Shane beats Floyd like he owes him money affects the integrity of our Pontoon. I will await further instructions before proceeding.

QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 22 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Agreed. Keith. I believe you have another target in the crosshairs.

Snoop, are you suggesting that the CEO needs to walk the plank??? blink.gif
The CEO
laugh.gif

Let me break it down for ya, Keith...if you hadn't noticed, Sweetness and Spyder have been enjoying takin' shots at The PPP since we set sail...they're tryin' to sabotage us....so when I saw where Sweetness said he scoffs at our "gaycock pontoon", I finally had to counterattack and defend The Cause...I did that by saying one of his favorite fighters is about to get schooled by a fighter he absolutely DESPISES...which is a CLASSIC Boxing Forum Warfare Tactic btw....lol

Whether I believe Floyd beats Shane or not doesn't matter....I am just takin' care of Business like a Loyal and Elite Hater is supposed to...."By any means necessary...".

I know you dig Mosley and think he would beat Mayweather like Sweetness does....but Hating Pacquiao as a Pontoonsman and staving off attacks takes precedence over all your other feelings...understand?
Snoop
Exactly. Lieutenant CEO has done a fabulous job in my absence. Sweetness has taken repeated and unpunished shots at the Pontoon. He must be reprimanded. I will deal with Spyder.
KookedKrack
I have been on shore screwing hookers and getting tattoos I apologize for letting shots be sent our way. I will counter with extreme prejudice once this drought of big fights is over.
Snoop
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 23 2010, 12:47 AM) *
I have been on shore screwing hookers and getting tattoos I apologize for letting shots be sent our way. I will counter with extreme prejudice once this drought of big fights is over.

All good. I think we all need some good ol' R&R while this whole thing stagnates.
torvix2000
LOL!

The Pontoonsmen trying to save their sinking ship. The problem is, only Floyd's available for help.

Maybe, now's the time to all beam out. "Beam me up... este... OUT... Scotty.".
Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 22 2010, 06:15 PM) *
laugh.gif

Let me break it down for ya, Keith...if you hadn't noticed, Sweetness and Spyder have been enjoying takin' shots at The PPP since we set sail...they're tryin' to sabotage us....so when I saw where Sweetness said he scoffs at our "gaycock pontoon", I finally had to counterattack and defend The Cause...I did that by saying one of his favorite fighters is about to get schooled by a fighter he absolutely DESPISES...which is a CLASSIC Boxing Forum Warfare Tactic btw....lol

Whether I believe Floyd beats Shane or not doesn't matter....I am just takin' care of Business like a Loyal and Elite Hater is supposed to...."By any means necessary...".

I know you dig Mosley and think he would beat Mayweather like Sweetness does....but Hating Pacquiao as a Pontoonsman and staving off attacks takes precedence over all your other feelings...understand?

Shit man, now I get it. I apologize for the indescretion and pledge loyalty to the pontoon. I'm still new at this, didnt realize it was more then just sending Manny to hell. Spyder and Sweetness must be punished. I now understand what Snoop meant by having a new target...

Reloading the 50 cal. as we speak. The kill list must grow...
Keith
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 22 2010, 07:52 PM) *
LOL!
The Pontoonsmen trying to save their sinking ship.

"I have not yet begun to fight!"

John Paul Jones
The CEO
SPYDER AT 6 O' CLOCK!!
Spyder
What are you all talking about? laugh.gif

It's like everyone got a case of Malaria from getting stuck in the Philippines mud. I've said it on countless occasions...The Pontoon is the GREATEST hate vehicle to EVER appear on an internet message board.

There is no shame in telling Joe Louis that it's time to hang 'em up...
Keith
Just following orders my friend.

You have been targeted for elimination.

Since your on the Pontoon Spyder, I had to take care of this up close and personal...

Edit - Spyder begged for his life as we closed in on him.

CEO was merciful and decided to throw him in the Brig.

torvix2000
Keith,

You rather better send the T-1000.
Spyder
Why are you disagreeing with the GREATNESS of THE Pontoon?
The CEO
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 22 2010, 06:29 PM) *
Exactly. Lieutenant CEO has done a fabulous job in my absence. Sweetness has taken repeated and unpunished shots at the Pontoon. He must be reprimanded. I will deal with Spyder.

Just doin' what I have to do, Captain...you need to know that my online time has been/will be pretty limited for a little while...so we definitely need you back at the helm at your earliest convenience...

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 22 2010, 06:47 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 22 2010, 09:46 PM) *
Just following orders my friend.

You have been targeted for elimination.

Since your on the Pontoon Spyder, I had to take care of this up close and personal...

laugh.gif

I think we should throw people like Spyder and Sweetness in The Brig instead of eliminating them like we did torvix and gbh....you might wanna make a "Prisoners" section in your Sig...lol
Spyder
What's with all of this hate towards me?

Is my head extraordinarily big or something? laugh.gif
Big Slim Sweet
LMAO this is great stuff.

I must admit feeling a tinge of...is it empathy?... seeing the pontoonsman band together to ward off attackers, regardless of the futile nature of its mission.

You guys are a big bunch of sweeties.

laugh.gif

But shouldn't the Pacquiao-Clottey fight become the pontoon's sole focus now, rather than the Sugar-Money match (yep I put the champ Sugar Shane Mosley first)?

Wasn't it a mutual hatred of all things Manny and Freddie that fueled the fire in the first place?

The pontoon lays in wait for the day the evil Pacman or decrepit Roach reveals their position.
The CEO
laugh.gif

Guys....Pac-Clot is FIXED....I've said this before....our crowning achievement will be when, or should I say IF, Pacquiao builds the courage to face Mayweather in the ring...

Like with all the other successful Hate Vehicles...you need Time and Patience.

For example....Berto-Mosley was gonna be The Berto Bash Bus' Moment...but now we have to wait....
The CEO
I just NOW realized this thread was about a Unification Meeting....lol....sorry about the derail, Jack...but as we probably all know...shit ain't gonna change.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 23 2010, 10:06 AM) *
Like with all the other successful Hate Vehicles...you need Time and Patience.

Exactly anyone can hate for a day or two hell even a week but we are cut from a different cloth. We hate while we sleep, we hate while making love to our women, we hate while raising our children. Hell if God was a Pacq stan I'm pretty sure I would hate on him too. We are next generation haters with blu ray compatibility these other guys are atari 2600s.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jan 23 2010, 11:28 AM) *
Exactly anyone can hate for a day or two hell even a week but we are cut from a different cloth. We hate while we sleep, we hate while making love to our women, we hate while raising our children. Hell if God was a Pacq stan I'm pretty sure I would hate on him too. We are next generation haters with blu ray compatibility these other guys are atari 2600s.

OK, I don't care if you're a pontoonsman, this is a pretty fucking good post.

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 23 2010, 10:06 AM) *
I've said this before....our crowning achievement will be when, or should I say IF, Pacquiao builds the courage to face Mayweather in the ring...

What happens if Shane Mosley chops down Floyd and follows that up by impaling Pacquaio? Does that satisfy the pontoon's thirst for blood? Is it enough for Pac and Roach to be felled or does the sword need to be in the hands of Floyd Mayweather, certified bitchass and enemy of all things good and proper?
Snoop
LMAO this is great stuff.

I must admit feeling a tinge of...is it empathy?... seeing the pontoonsman band together to ward off attackers, regardless of the futile nature of its mission.

You guys are a big bunch of sweeties.

laugh.gif

But shouldn't the Pacquiao-Clottey fight become the pontoon's sole focus now, rather than the Sugar-Money match (yep I put the champ Sugar Shane Mosley first)?

Wasn't it a mutual hatred of all things Manny and Freddie that fueled the fire in the first place?

The pontoon lays in wait for the day the evil Pacman or decrepit Roach reveals their position.

I'm wondering why this NONMEMBER of the Pontoon is getting away with all this. Where you at Keith???

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 23 2010, 02:14 PM) *
I just NOW realized this thread was about a Unification Meeting....lol....sorry about the derail, Jack...but as we probably all know...shit ain't gonna change.

LMAO. The Pontoon has no boundaries.

You make the Pontoon proud KK. That was f'n beautiful. drinks.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 23 2010, 05:21 PM) *
What happens if Shane Mosley chops down Floyd and follows that up by impaling Pacquaio? Does that satisfy the pontoon's thirst for blood? Is it enough for Pac and Roach to be felled or does the sword need to be in the hands of Floyd Mayweather, certified bitchass and enemy of all things good and proper?

Being a Pontoon's member does not automatically put you on the Mayweather bandwagon. While there may be some Mayweather fans on-board, we are not united as fans of a fighter, but HATE for another. We allow freedom of belief on this Pontoon, just not the freedom to support the big-headed Filipino fairy boy.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 23 2010, 02:17 PM) *
Being a Pontoon's member does not automatically put you on the Mayweather bandwagon. While there may be some Mayweather fans on-board, we are not united as fans of a fighter, but HATE for another. We allow freedom of belief on this Pontoon, just not the freedom to support the big-headed Filipino fairy boy.

Fair enough, Captain Stubing. I say your pontoon's cause is noble and worthy.

Also, considering the way he has stepped up to defend your cause, I suggest you consider promoting KookedKrack from random crew member to something far more relevant, such as 'Gopher, your Yeoman Purser', or 'Bartender Isaac Washington'.
Snoop
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 23 2010, 08:40 PM) *
Fair enough, Captain Stubing. I say your pontoon's cause is noble and worthy.

Also, considering the way he has stepped up to defend your cause, I suggest you consider promoting KookedKrack from random crew member to something far more relevant, such as 'Gopher, your Yeoman Purser', or 'Bartender Isaac Washington'.

While your idea is a worthy one, I will take no suggestions from non-members. Promotions are to be delegated WITHIN the crew.
The CEO
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 23 2010, 01:17 PM) *

^^^

That.

but to personally answer your hypothetical scenario, Big Sweetness...Mosley beating Mayweather and then goin' on to take Ducky Quackiao out would be totally fine by me...it doesn't matter who does the deed...as long as that genetically engineered, con man gets his ass whooped, it'll be all to the good.

and I'd like to say that KK needs a Title...that was Winning Post.

thumbsup_anim.gif
Keith
Is Sweetness on the hitlist?

Confirm or Deny.
The CEO
I believe The Captain should have the final word on this situation, Gunny...I see he has Spyder listed as a "Traitor" in his Sig...lol
Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 23 2010, 08:08 PM) *
and I'd like to say that KK needs a Title...that was Winning Post.

I believe KK deserves... Recon Officer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.