Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did Floyd Duck Margarito, Cotto and Mosley?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
namor
This is quotes from a espn article from 2006

"Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

Here`s a article on boxingscene where they finally admit Mosley avoided Floyd in 1999 link: http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24835

And this is a vid of Shane ducking Floyd Mayweather by making toothache excuses and i got to go on vacation excuses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhvYXKZK8

And here`s Arum what use to say about Floyd before Floyd left him:

http://www.youtube.com/user/barlog20#p/f/3/_tma-5riGoc

Oh yeah and Pacquiao is a Roid using Fake Fraud cheat
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (namor @ Jan 23 2010, 08:33 PM) *
This is quotes from a espn article from 2006

"Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

Here`s a article on boxingscene where they finally admit Mosley avoided Floyd in 1999 link: http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24835

And this is a vid of Shane ducking Floyd Mayweather by making toothache excuses,I and i got to got on vacation excuses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhvYXKZK8

And here`s Arum what use to say about Floyd before Floyd left him:

http://www.youtube.com/user/barlog20#p/f/3/_tma-5riGoc

Oh yeah and Pacquiao is a Roid using Fake Fraud cheat

Thanks Naymor for that video link, I think we can dispell this tootchache debate forever.

In Larry Merchant's own words, "you've categorically stated before this fight that you won't be fighting at welterweight again this year."

I mean how clear do you need to be? Sure Merchant continued to badger him (as a decent interviewer should) so Shane just pulled out the ole vacation and sore tooth defenses more just to shut up Merchant and move on than anything else.

Shane said over and over again before the 2nd Vargas fight that he wouldn't be fighting again that year and Merchant mentions it himself in the interview. Shoot even Jin Mosley came on here and confirmed it as well.

Please explain how when you've clearly stated what your plans are for the year how this can be construed as ducking?
namor
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 23 2010, 08:51 PM) *
Thanks Naymor for that video link, I think we can dispell this tootchache debate forever.

In Larry Merchant's own words, "you've categorically stated before this fight that you won't be fighting at welterweight again this year."

I mean how clear do you need to be? Sure Merchant continued to badger him (as a decent interviewer should) so Shane just pulled out the ole vacation and sore tooth defenses more just to shut up Merchant and move on than anything else.

Shane said over and over again before the 2nd Vargas fight that he wouldn't be fighting again that year and Merchant mentions it himself in the interview. Shoot even Jin Mosley came on here and confirmed it as well.

Please explain how when you've clearly stated what your plans are for the year how this can be construed as ducking?

It looked like a duck to me.Where was the My tooth hurts and i gotta go on vacation,Before the the Vargas fight?He could have fought Floyd before the Vargas rematch and he could have fought Floyd After he beat Oscar the second time.Floyd said he wanted the winner of that fight.If Floyd would have said"i gotta go on Vacation ,ya`ll no damn well ya`ll would have said Floyd is ducking him.
torvix2000
LOL!

Here we go again. Floyd's defenders trying to stave off an attack when one of their team mates - GAYWEATHER is the one causing loopholes in their defense. Here comes the Orcs, and one of the human heroes (Gayweather) is sitting idle.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (namor @ Jan 23 2010, 10:10 PM) *
It looked like a duck to me.Where was the My tooth hurts and i gotta go on vacation,Before the the Vargas fight?He could have fought Floyd before the Vargas rematch and he could have fought Floyd After he beat Oscar the second time.Floyd said he wanted the winner of that fight.If Floyd would have said"i gotta go on Vacation ,ya`ll no damn well ya`ll would have said Floyd is ducking him.

Exactly the point is you are taking these as the primary reasons that the fight did not take place when in fact Shane had said many times BEFORE the fight that he wouldn't be fighting again that year. That's all you need to wory about, not some B.S reason Shane gives straight after a fight when all he wants Larry to do is shut-up so that he can go back to the dressing room and be with his friends and family.

This part you've got me confused. What 2nd fight? I think you've entered the twilight zone on this one.

For the record I think Floyd wanted Shane earlier in his career when Shane was the top dog and he was the up and comer but Shane had bigger fish to fry. That all turned around a couple of years ago when PBF became the man to beat and Shane was desperate to get his career back on track.

The common thread? They both wanted De la Hoya on toast instead laugh.gif
torvix2000
So, all Floyd has to do is to fight Shane now. Forget about the past.
D-MARV
Shane "ducking" anyone is INSANE. Mosley represents ALL that is MAN. I'm sure Mosley has never been afraid to fight Floyd.
Provo209
Torvix shut the fuck up ,your just pissed cause your boy don't want none of Floyd and he's being a little bitch...
I can't wait to hear the excuses when Floyd taps Shanes ass LOL...
Floyd Haters u got months to start coming up with excuses LOL..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (namor @ Jan 24 2010, 02:10 AM) *
he could have fought Floyd After he beat Oscar the second time.Floyd said he wanted the winner of that fight.

LOL. You mean when he was fighting at 135 he thought he had the drawcard to step up to 54 & challenge the best out there?
torvix2000
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Jan 24 2010, 03:29 AM) *
Torvix shut the fuck up ,your just pissed cause your boy don't want none of Floyd and he's being a little bitch...
Floyd Haters u got months to start coming up with excuses LOL..

Of course! Floyd let Shane grow old. Who's to blame? Himself only.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (namor @ Jan 23 2010, 09:10 PM) *
He could have fought Floyd before the Vargas rematch and he could have fought Floyd After he beat Oscar the second time.

Negative and negative. Once Shane signed with GBP he had no shot at a Floyd fight until Oscar got first crack. And in 2003 Floyd wasn't even among a handful of names vying to fight Shane next. You must not have been on *fighthype* back in the day after that fight, fool. Hopkins, Winky and Vernon RIP were the guys playing Monday morning quarterback

QUOTE (Provo209 @ Jan 23 2010, 10:29 PM) *

I'm kinda curious as to what 'taps that ass' means to you. Explain yourself fool. You mean a gaycock running around the ring shit show like he gave against Baldoqueer? Or do you mean you think he's gonna actually put it on Shane?

gbh32001
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 24 2010, 06:10 PM) *
I'm kinda curious as to what 'taps that ass' means to you. Explain yourself fool. You mean a gaycock running around the ring shit show like he gave against Baldoqueer? Or do you mean you think he's gonna actually put it on Shane?
Oh sweetness, Floyd will spank Mosley's ass....Mosley got a moment with a troubled Margarito that people likely to believed he is the man to beat Floyd. But if he is in trouble with a brawler/boxer in Cotto how much more Floyd can toy with him? Floyd is the most cunning boxer I've ever know, and he is ready for Mosley with his foot in high gear. This will turn out again a boring fight for Floyd against an aged fighter.
torvix2000
It won't be called spanking, lol. More like licking Mosley's ass. Floyd will coast to a comfortable UD.
Provo209
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 24 2010, 02:10 AM) *
Negative and negative. Once Shane signed with GBP he had no shot at a Floyd fight until Oscar got first crack. And in 2003 Floyd wasn't even among a handful of names vying to fight Shane next. You must not have been on *fighthype* back in the day after that fight, fool. Hopkins, Winky and Vernon RIP were the guys playing Monday morning quarterback

Shane wanted no part of Floyd , Floyd was talking Mad shit ,saying Shanes a nobody and saying that's all he is a sparring partner and then said where's jin I'll talk to her cause we all know she wears the pants .all shane did was put his head down ,years of insults from Floyd and Shane never said shit but all of a sudden Shane gets a divorce and now he's desperate .that vacation shit is bullshit ,watch that interview he looks puzzled and Ca'mon if your wife was like Jin would u want to take a damn vacation with her ?FUK No LOL shit she was tougher than Shane LOL
And as Far as Tap that ass ,he's going to skool shane ,shanes defense is weak Floyd is going 2 pot shot until the later rounds until he starts putting it on him..
torvix2000
Provo's still living in the Past, LOL! Mosley's SO SUPER DOOPER AVAILABLE now. Just fight him, okay.
salvador
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Jan 24 2010, 11:52 AM) *
And as Far as Tap that ass ,he's going to skool shane ,shanes defense is weak Floyd is going 2 pot shot until the later rounds until he starts putting it on him..

Close, except for the part about Floyd "putting it on" Shane in the late rounds. No chance of that. Floyd will run and pot shot for 12 rounds and win a 9-3 type of decision.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Jan 24 2010, 11:52 PM) *
Shane wanted no part of Floyd , Floyd was talking Mad shit ,saying Shanes a nobody and saying that's all he is a sparring partner and then said where's jin I'll talk to her cause we all know she wears the pants .all shane did was put his head down ,years of insults from Floyd and Shane never said shit but all of a sudden Shane gets a divorce and now he's desperate .that vacation shit is bullshit ,watch that interview he looks puzzled and Ca'mon if your wife was like Jin would u want to take a damn vacation with her ?FUK No LOL shit she was tougher than Shane LOL
clapping.gif clapping.gif
clapping.gif
Keith
Floyd faced...

Judah, Baldomir, DLH, Hatton, Marquez

INSTEAD OF

Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, and PWill

The latter group is much tougher.
tymoney
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 24 2010, 10:18 PM) *
Floyd faced...

Judah, Baldomir, DLH, Hatton, Marquez

INSTEAD OF

Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, and PWill

The latter group is much tougher.

Lol, prior to da cotto fight who has margarito beat dat is worth mentioning.. cintron??? clottey with broke hands??? help me out here.. and if you or anybody else has any type of respect for boxing like yall claim.. then margarito name shouldnt even be mentioned anymore considering what hes done to the sport.. so fuck him regardless of who "ducked" him..take dem damn bricks out of his damn hand and he looked like the low quality bar fighter he really is .. as far as cotto, arum is clearly stated cotto wasnt ready to fight floyd.. and we all seen the steroid guy duck floyd for yrs.. so im not fallin for the hype. As far as Pwill.. its not dat floyd is duckin him.. boxing is wayyyy bigger then floyd here.. but EVERYBODY at welter is duckin him.. and thats how ima call it until one of them step in da ring with him!
AussieLad
LOL, the thought of floyd "putting it on shane" makes me laugh

Mayweather may win, but he will be skating round that ring and pot shotting for a points decision. The day floyd grows a pair and actually tries to put it on shane is the day that floyd gets iced.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 25 2010, 03:39 AM) *
Lol, prior to da cotto fight who has margarito beat dat is worth mentioning.. cintron??? clottey with broke hands??? help me out here.. and if you or anybody else has any type of respect for boxing like yall claim.. then margarito name shouldnt even be mentioned anymore considering what hes done to the sport.. so fuck him regardless of who "ducked" him..take dem damn bricks out of his damn hand and he looked like the low quality bar fighter he really is .. as far as cotto, arum is clearly stated cotto wasnt ready to fight floyd.. and we all seen the steroid guy duck floyd for yrs.. so im not fallin for the hype. As far as Pwill.. its not dat floyd is duckin him.. boxing is wayyyy bigger then floyd here.. but EVERYBODY at welter is duckin him.. and thats how ima call it until one of them step in da ring with him!

I love the way when making your assessment of Floyd you just casually dismiss Paul Williams from the equation. That's smooth reasoning there dude.

Why would anyone duck Floyd when it's obvious that he is the biggest money fight (well at least until Pac came along) and the biggest legacy fight a guy can get at WW?

By steroid guy do you man Shane? Who yes turned down a fight with Floyd to go and make mega 'money' with De la Hoya and launch his own career into super stardom instead? I'm surprised PBF didn't have more admiration for that kind of moxy.

The reason no-one at welter can get in the ring with Floyd is coz he won't let them!!! The last time I saw Floyd in a ring with a true welter was with Mosley at the interview after the JMM fight and he just about pooped his pants. (Nah not really but you do get my point?)

jlupi
well suprise suprise suprise. I hope this is wrong but knowing mayweather it would not sduprise me at all.

from marley:

A solid source inside Team Floyd Mayweather has just informed me that Money May is balking at fighting Sugar Shane Mosley and that is the reason for the holdup on the announcement of a May 1 or a May 8 bout between the two American ring stars.

“Floyd did the math and Floyd is saying, why should I take a potentially difficult bout against Mosley for $10 million or less when I get $40 million or more to fight Manny Pacquiao and that could be an easier fight to win,” the in the know person said Saturday night.

The source said that a heavy internal discussion and debate is going on in the Mayweather camp as to whether Floyd’s best bet might to be stay on the sidelines and let Pacman get past Joshua Clottey on March 13. Then the Mayweather camp could try to restart the previously failed negotiations to make the Mayweather-Pacquiao mega bout.

(See Rick Rockwell, who is son angry with "Duckweather" that he might give Floyd the infamous, painful Fritz Von Erich Claw Hold.)

“Mosley does ok, just ok, on the PPV against Mayweather,” an HBO source said. “Whereas, Manny and Floyd can break all the records and do something approaching three million buys on PPV. Upside on Manny and Floyd, which is the hottest attraction to the public, is unbelievable while upside of Shane and Floyd is limited.”

Meanwhile, the always cagey Pacman promoter Bob Arum is already making his contingency plans beyond the March 13 Clottey bout at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington where reportedly 20,000 tickets were sold on the first day of general ticket sales (Saturday).

Someone familiar with Arum’s thinking and strategy said the head of Top Rank is making moves to line returning from suspension Mexican Antonio Margarito a viable post-Clottey foe for Pacman.

“Margarito will begin training on Monday in Oxnard, CA., with his new trainer, former world champion Robert Garcia. Garcia is headed back from the Philippines where his world champ Brian Viloria lost his title in Manila,” this source said.

Margarito will fight some “tomato can” opponent on the Clottey-Pacquiao undercard, his first fight since losing to Mosley last Jan. 24 in Los Angeles.

“Arum figures all is forgiven by the public once Margarito is back in the win column. Then in the wake of having 40,000, maybe 50,000 in the Cowboys Stadium for Manny against Clottey, he sells Jerry Jones a second Manny bout, a natural against the Mexican Margarito. That fills up Manny’s fistic calendar for 2010 and Floyd and Manny is bigget than ever for 2011,” this insider said.

“If nothing else, Arum will shrewdly use Margarito-Pacquiao as a diversion to get Mayweather to agree to less money, less drug testing, less everything so he can cash in against Manny,” the insider said.

In the meantime, should Manny-Floyd come to fruition, Arum can pacifty Margarito with a still red hot all Latin revenge bout, Miguel Cotto against Margarito.

(mlcmarley@aol.com)

MarzB
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 23 2010, 09:21 PM) *
LOL!

Here we go again. Floyd's defenders trying to stave off an attack when one of their team mates - GAYWEATHER is the one causing loopholes in their defense. Here comes the Orcs, and one of the human heroes (Gayweather) is sitting idle.

Oh really. I can make a much better argument of Pacquiao and "DUCKING" certain fighters than you can with Floyd? Do you want to go there? Oh and Marley is a certified Mayweather Hater/Pacquiao cum drinker so I take NOTHING he says at all seriously.
leonthegay
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 25 2010, 02:09 PM) *
Oh really. I can make a much better argument of Pacquiao and "DUCKING" certain fighters than you can with Floyd? Do you want to go there? Oh and Marley is a certified Mayweather Hater/Pacquiao cum drinker so I take NOTHING he says at all seriously.

Yes lets "Go there". Oh and since you have Floyd nuts resting on your chin why dont you tell us who Floyd should fight now since he ducked Shane(see the post fight interview after the sparring match with Marquez on Sept 19) and Pac (alot of people were predicting this duck long before Pac even fought Cotto and he pulled it off with his way out of the norm drug testing bullshit). Who? Matthew Hatton? Is that who you really want him to fight? No? how about that guido fag Paulie? Is that who you want him to fight? Smaller old ass Nate Campbell? A rematch with Ricky Hatton? Have Oscar come out of retirement?? Every time a FloydFag gets asked the question about who Floyd should fight next you never really get an answer, just defensive bullshit, "oh he did this back in 2003, oh he said that back in 2005, blah blah blah" Fuck call outs 5 years ago or even 3 years ago, this is 2010. This Marley guy may not be a Floydfag like you but Id take whatever he has to say over some keyboard warrior like you ANYDAY. So fuck off.

Sincerely,

LeonTheGay
MarzB
Keyboard warrior,lol. Nominees for utter LACK of originality include you. Stop taking what I say and I'm virtually certain you wouldn't say this in my face. Any how

Floyd should fight now since he ducked Shane(see the post fight interview

This is the selective bs I'm referring to. So what about when they Floyd challenged him in '99?? But ah, Mosley "had bigger fish to fry" so he's given a pass right?? What about 2006, "Toothache-gate" as I like to refer to it?? Ah, Mosley gets a pass there. But now at the END of a fight FAGGOTS like your bitchass wanna hang your hat on what occurred in the ring. Get the fuck out of here! That fight is more than likely happening then what is your punk ass going to say??

All the "Nate Campbell" mentions were online speculation for the most part. Show me ANYWHERE where this was OFFICIALLY being discussed? Oh, YOU CAN'T you're just PULLING ANY schit you hear which shows you how PATHETIC you are.

Now onto Manny since that's where the discussion originally centure.

It can be argued that Manny never faced the following. Tim Austin. You can also add why did Arum (we know why it was more lucrative but some how others and granted this same pass) still move forward with an Erik Morales vs. Manny II fight after Erik Morales lost to Zahir Raheem. Why wasn't Raheem given that opportunity? Again, it was a more lucrative matchup with Morales granted. But this can be spun as a duck since people like yourself will spin even an INTERNET rumor.

Lastly, that same Nate Campbell. Again, I have no problem with Manny facing DLH because in the end, these guys fight for money no matter how much people try to spin it (he fight because he loves it. BS). But Manny beat David Diaz and Nate Campbell was the undisputed lightweight champion at the time. Lets not make it seem like Nate brought nothing (trinkets) to the table.

But no, he chose the more lucrative fight and again, I don't see the problem with it but people like yourself will criticize others for the same thing but you will hold back when the guy you "root for" does the same thing.

I can call a spade a spade, can you??
Keith
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 25 2010, 02:39 AM) *

Listen dude... I'm just stating who Floyd has and hasnt face since his move to welter. Those are facts.

Since you believe Margarito is so shitty.... Who has Floyd faced at welter that you believe is better then Magarito?

I'll wait patiently for that response....
AussieLad
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 25 2010, 10:23 PM) *
Keyboard warrior,lol. Nominees for utter LACK of originality include you. Stop taking what I say and I'm virtually certain you wouldn't say this in my face. Any how

Floyd should fight now since he ducked Shane(see the post fight interview

This is the selective bs I'm referring to. So what about when they Floyd challenged him in '99?? But ah, Mosley "had bigger fish to fry" so he's given a pass right?? What about 2006, "Toothache-gate" as I like to refer to it?? Ah, Mosley gets a pass there. But now at the END of a fight FAGGOTS like your bitchass wanna hang your hat on what occurred in the ring. Get the fuck out of here! That fight is more than likely happening then what is your punk ass going to say??

All the "Nate Campbell" mentions were online speculation for the most part. Show me ANYWHERE where this was OFFICIALLY being discussed? Oh, YOU CAN'T you're just PULLING ANY schit you hear which shows you how PATHETIC you are.

Now onto Manny since that's where the discussion originally centure.

It can be argued that Manny never faced the following. Tim Austin. You can also add why did Arum (we know why it was more lucrative but some how others and granted this same pass) still move forward with an Erik Morales vs. Manny II fight after Erik Morales lost to Zahir Raheem. Why wasn't Raheem given that opportunity? Again, it was a more lucrative matchup with Morales granted. But this can be spun as a duck since people like yourself will spin even an INTERNET rumor.

Lastly, that same Nate Campbell. Again, I have no problem with Manny facing DLH because in the end, these guys fight for money no matter how much people try to spin it (he fight because he loves it. BS). But Manny beat David Diaz and Nate Campbell was the undisputed lightweight champion at the time. Lets not make it seem like Nate brought nothing (trinkets) to the table.

But no, he chose the more lucrative fight and again, I don't see the problem with it but people like yourself will criticize others for the same thing but you will hold back when the guy you "root for" does the same thing.

I can call a spade a spade, can you??

"Every time a FloydFag gets asked the question about who Floyd should fight next you never really get an answer, just defensive bullshit, "oh he did this back in 2003, oh he said that back in 2005, blah blah blah"

And the trend continues. Just defensive bullshit from Mars Bar.
Maxy
When it comes to Floyd and ducking, there isn't any need for a debate. The facts, which are well documented, speak for themselves.

He's been ducking the best for years.
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 25 2010, 04:23 PM) *
because in the end, these guys fight for money no matter how much people try to spin it (he fight because he loves it. BS).

There are fighters who fight because they love it.

And many other fighters fight because they love both money and fighting.

tymoney
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 25 2010, 03:43 AM) *
I love the way when making your assessment of Floyd you just casually dismiss Paul Williams from the equation. That's smooth reasoning there dude.

Why would anyone duck Floyd when it's obvious that he is the biggest money fight (well at least until Pac came along) and the biggest legacy fight a guy can get at WW?

By steroid guy do you man Shane? Who yes turned down a fight with Floyd to go and make mega 'money' with De la Hoya and launch his own career into super stardom instead? I'm surprised PBF didn't have more admiration for that kind of moxy.

The reason no-one at welter can get in the ring with Floyd is coz he won't let them!!! The last time I saw Floyd in a ring with a true welter was with Mosley at the interview after the JMM fight and he just about pooped his pants. (Nah not really but you do get my point?)

Im not dismissing floyd at all.. i said that b/c everyone shoot floyd down for doing the same thing that EVERYONE else in the sport is doing. Hence the reason why you would dismiss shane for not fighting floyd when he had "bigger fish to fry".. but when floyd does the exact same thing all of a sudden hes "ducking" and scared. Point is, floyd had bigger fish to fry with pacman and da fight fell thru.. so now hes fightin shane.. which is the fight i wanted to see all along.
Keith
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 25 2010, 05:35 PM) *
Im not dismissing floyd at all.. i said that b/c everyone shoot floyd down for doing the same thing that EVERYONE else in the sport is doing. Hence the reason why you would dismiss shane for not fighting floyd when he had "bigger fish to fry".. but when floyd does the exact same thing all of a sudden hes "ducking" and scared. Point is, floyd had bigger fish to fry with pacman and da fight fell thru.. so now hes fightin shane.. which is the fight i wanted to see all along.

I would except an excuse for not facing any individual fighter. The problem is Floyd always has an excuse, one fight after another for 7 years... 140 to 147.

And you still have yet to answer my previous question money man.

Since you believe Margarito is so shitty.... Who has Floyd faced at welter that you believe is better then Magarito?

I'll wait patiently for that response.... again.
tymoney
QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 25 2010, 04:30 PM) *
Listen dude... I'm just stating who Floyd has and hasnt face since his move to welter. Those are facts.

I'll wait patiently for that response....

Ok maybe its just me but i never seen what was so good about margarito.. and even in this case its not really about skill anymore its about who does better on ppv. Once you become a star then its about makin the most money possible, not necessarily the best fight for fight fans.. which is some bullshit but its still a fact. Hatton and DLH was clearly more money then fightin margarito at da time.. and we all know marquez was just a tuneup fight.. which still did a milli ppv, right? So the whole floyd ducked margarito argument is kinda played to me.
jlupi
people are not dissing floyd for fighting big money fights or his talent. They are dissing him for being as talented as he is and not actively seeking the greatest challenges also. The same thing roy did mayweather has made an art form. diff is that roy was mostly fighting in a wasteland. Now if he fights shane. pac and maybe even one other badass I think he will shut up everyone. Floyd also takes heat because of his mouth, he practicly begs for it then wonders where it came from.
tymoney
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jan 25 2010, 05:46 PM) *
people are not dissing floyd for fighting big money fights or his talent. They are dissing him for being as talented as he is and not actively seeking the greatest challenges also. The same thing roy did mayweather has made an art form. diff is that roy was mostly fighting in a wasteland. Now if he fights shane. pac and maybe even one other badass I think he will shut up everyone. Floyd also takes heat because of his mouth, he practicly begs for it then wonders where it came from.

Now that i can agree with.. but at dis point none of dat shit really matters. If in fact he fight shane and beat him.. then shane is too old. If he beat pacman then hes the "bigger" man hes supposed to win.. if he goes and beat another badass it will be some other lame excuse to discredit him. Like you said, he bring it on himself b/c of his mouth.. but i dnt have to like him as a man i never met him before.. but as a boxer.. hes the best in the sport today
JD
The opportunity has existed and exists for Floyd to fight the top guys in his division - he hasn't.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 25 2010, 06:45 PM) *
Ok maybe its just me but i never seen what was so good about margarito.. and even in this case its not really about skill anymore its about who does better on ppv. Once you become a star then its about makin the most money possible, not necessarily the best fight for fight fans.. which is some bullshit but its still a fact. Hatton and DLH was clearly more money then fightin margarito at da time.. and we all know marquez was just a tuneup fight.. which still did a milli ppv, right? So the whole floyd ducked margarito argument is kinda played to me.

Your original statement was that every Welerweight in the division was ducking Floyd. You only need scroll back to read your own words.

I'd say it's been reasonably well established that this is not the case.
namor
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 24 2010, 05:10 AM) *

B.S,Floyd has been calling Shane out from 99-96 and i read the boxing Magazine articles that reported Floyd calling him out and i seen Floyd calling shane out on HBO when one of the commentators interviewed him numerous times.I even posted one of the vids on this thread.Eyes and Ears don`t lie,people do.
namor
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jan 25 2010, 12:45 PM) *
well suprise suprise suprise. I hope this is wrong but knowing mayweather it would not sduprise me at all.

from marley:

A solid source inside Team Floyd Mayweather has just informed me that Money May is balking at fighting Sugar Shane Mosley and that is the reason for the holdup on the announcement of a May 1 or a May 8 bout between the two American ring stars.

“Floyd did the math and Floyd is saying, why should I take a potentially difficult bout against Mosley for $10 million or less when I get $40 million or more to fight Manny Pacquiao and that could be an easier fight to win,” the in the know person said Saturday night.

The source said that a heavy internal discussion and debate is going on in the Mayweather camp as to whether Floyd’s best bet might to be stay on the sidelines and let Pacman get past Joshua Clottey on March 13. Then the Mayweather camp could try to restart the previously failed negotiations to make the Mayweather-Pacquiao mega bout.

(See Rick Rockwell, who is son angry with "Duckweather" that he might give Floyd the infamous, painful Fritz Von Erich Claw Hold.)

“Mosley does ok, just ok, on the PPV against Mayweather,” an HBO source said. “Whereas, Manny and Floyd can break all the records and do something approaching three million buys on PPV. Upside on Manny and Floyd, which is the hottest attraction to the public, is unbelievable while upside of Shane and Floyd is limited.”

Meanwhile, the always cagey Pacman promoter Bob Arum is already making his contingency plans beyond the March 13 Clottey bout at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington where reportedly 20,000 tickets were sold on the first day of general ticket sales (Saturday).

Someone familiar with Arum’s thinking and strategy said the head of Top Rank is making moves to line returning from suspension Mexican Antonio Margarito a viable post-Clottey foe for Pacman.

“Margarito will begin training on Monday in Oxnard, CA., with his new trainer, former world champion Robert Garcia. Garcia is headed back from the Philippines where his world champ Brian Viloria lost his title in Manila,” this source said.

Margarito will fight some “tomato can” opponent on the Clottey-Pacquiao undercard, his first fight since losing to Mosley last Jan. 24 in Los Angeles.

“Arum figures all is forgiven by the public once Margarito is back in the win column. Then in the wake of having 40,000, maybe 50,000 in the Cowboys Stadium for Manny against Clottey, he sells Jerry Jones a second Manny bout, a natural against the Mexican Margarito. That fills up Manny’s fistic calendar for 2010 and Floyd and Manny is bigget than ever for 2011,” this insider said.

“If nothing else, Arum will shrewdly use Margarito-Pacquiao as a diversion to get Mayweather to agree to less money, less drug testing, less everything so he can cash in against Manny,” the insider said.

In the meantime, should Manny-Floyd come to fruition, Arum can pacifty Margarito with a still red hot all Latin revenge bout, Miguel Cotto against Margarito.

(mlcmarley@aol.com)

Surprise surprise:that article is B.S cause marley just reported that Mosley said that the negotiations are cordial.I came here to post that article in a seperate thread from this.
namor
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jan 25 2010, 05:46 PM) *

That`s b.s cause Floyd has always tried to make the biggest challenging fights but some fo these fights did`nt happen cause of the amount they were offering and in some cases those guys were ducking him.

And Also alot of the people that accuse floyd of ducking are the same that accused Floyd of Ducking Hatton even though Hatton Ducked floyd.Then When Hatton finally has the balls to fight Floyd they say Floyd is picking on a smaller fighter.Now the same people that are saying Floyd Ducked shane are saying Shane is to old cause Floyd and Shane are negotiating for a fight.All they doing is trying to discredit Floyd at every turn.
D-MARV
Why do we have to keep bringing up who Floyd has ducked? The bottomline is this... Floyd and Shane are both availible and would generate the second largest PPV in boxing right NOW. If Floyd finds a way NOT to fight him then he's a bitch. But let's wait until then. That Marley guy is about as credible as Roach and Roger.
Keith
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 25 2010, 05:45 PM) *

You still cant answer my question money man?

You keep stumbling and changing the subject dude. First it was Margarito was shitty, now its about money.

You must be Floyds press agent.
darroy
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 25 2010, 06:00 PM) *
Now that i can agree with.. but at dis point none of dat shit really matters. If in fact he fight shane and beat him.. then shane is too old. If he beat pacman then hes the "bigger" man hes supposed to win.. if he goes and beat another badass it will be some other lame excuse to discredit him. Like you said, he bring it on himself b/c of his mouth.. but i dnt have to like him as a man i never met him before.. but as a boxer.. hes the best in the sport today

don't agree with your final point. de la hoya early in his career was dismissed as fighting handpicked foes but he stepped up to the plate and fought the best from welter to middleweight ezcept for winky and vernon. floyd has fought the money fights but still has yet to truly challenge himself. if f;oyd had fought these guys already (mosley, cotto, marg., p williams, winky, vernon) you wouldn't need to be on here making excuses for floyd to begin with!
darroy
it just seems that after the castillo fights floyd has been spooked about fighting strong pressure fighters. baldomir was strong but limited as was gatti. he still has a chance to prove us all wrong. hopefully he grows a set and does!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 25 2010, 07:43 PM) *
We are now in 2010. Mosley is available and at this point, Mayweather does NOT have bigger fish to fry. It's Mosley now or a blatant duck. It's that simple right at this point.

I am hoping and expecting the Mayweather-Mosley fight to happen now. Just curious Marz, what would you think if Mayweather passed up on a Mosley fight right now at this point?

Exactly. If Mayweather truly believes he can beat Mosley then why not take the fight while he waits for Pacquaio? It's the second most lucrative available option for him right now. The fight would likely do around 1.5 million, so why not do it? You KNOW Shane's not going to make any outrageous demands, financially or otherwise. Floyd could shut most of his critics up, add the best name of his career to his ledger AND clean up at the box office.

If he finds ANY reason not to fight Mosley now, short of Shane testing positive for PED's during one of the prefight blood tests, then it's a duck.
Snoop
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 26 2010, 06:33 AM) *
Exactly. If Mayweather truly believes he can beat Mosley then why not take the fight while he waits for Pacquaio? It's the second most lucrative available option for him right now. The fight would likely do around 1.5 million, so why not do it? You KNOW Shane's not going to make any outrageous demands, financially or otherwise. Floyd could shut most of his critics up, add the best name of his career to his ledger AND clean up at the box office.

If he finds ANY reason not to fight Mosley now, short of Shane testing positive for PED's during one of the prefight blood tests, then it's a duck.

It's cuz Shane has 5 losses on his record.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 26 2010, 05:59 AM) *
It's cuz Shane has 5 losses on his record.

LOL! Then perhaps Floyd should retire... AGAIN?

AussieLad
If shane had fought floyds career, fight for fight, would he be undefeated? I think he would be.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jan 26 2010, 02:19 AM) *
If shane had fought floyds career, fight for fight, would he be undefeated? I think he would be.

Interesting point and I would also say vice versa. Would Floyd have beaten Forrest or Winky? I think he would've lost to both those guys, Forrest in particular gives him hell.

I remember when Wright said he would suck down to 147 (I know seems like a long time ago) and PBF wanted nothing to do with him.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 26 2010, 09:03 AM) *
Haha, I remember that. But you actually made it sound better, it was worse than that. Floyd called out Winky and challenged him. Winky accepted, and as soon as he called Mayweather's bluff. Mayweather started with some ridiculous weight negotiations like having intervals where he must weight a certain weight at times and having a limit for his weight on fight night.

Found an old quote of mayweathers, when discussing the winky fight

I had a good laugh at this

"I would fight Winky Wright and could make it happen for November," said Mayweather, who won the WBC 140-pound title last month by stopping Arturo Gatti. "I'm a risk-taker All that has to happen for the fight is for HBO to come to the table."

What i think he actually meant to say is "i'm a p1ss taker"
D-MARV
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jan 26 2010, 02:19 AM) *

Probably so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.