Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Devon Alexander vs Juan Urango
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AussieLad
Just looking for some advice on this one. I've started up my own tipping comp on the kostya tszyu forum, and i havent seen Devon Alexander fight. So i will try and exploit the knowledge on this board LOL

He's very young. Can he handle Juan Urango?
JD
With ease.

Urango will follow him around getting outboxed, losing rounds, and looking generally inept.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 25 2010, 06:32 PM) *
With ease.

Urango will follow him around getting outboxed, losing rounds, and looking generally inept.

Yup. Pretty much the way it'll go down.
The CEO
Well...let me put it this way....and I've been waitin' to say this...Urango is a full grade higher than he was when he got wrestled to a loss against Hatton.....that being said, I DO think some wear and tear from his style and career path will become apparent against the ambitious Alexander....

So I give Urango about a 25% chance here....his always coming forward, always banging approach SHOULDN'T be enough to derail the well schooled, versatile speedster...
King Eugene
Alexander will win with ease. I feel a clash with him and Bradley coming on soon within the next year or so Unifying the division.
thefloatingmonkey
Definitely should be an easy fight for Devon. His speed should be able to handle Urango with ease. Urango is just too slow.
D-MARV
Im going to take it a step further and say that Devon stops him late. Urango got his chin cracked last time out and Devon has a little pop. I see Urango walking in to one the most beautiful, well timed, left uppercuts you will ever see. Alexander TKO10.
salvador
Alexander (who happens to be on Team salvador) has the speed and skills to outbox anyone at 140 with the possible exception of Bradley. Urango has a slugger's chance, especially if he can get to Alexander's body early, but ultimately Urango is a notch or two below Alexander and I expect Alexander to win by a comfortable margin.

I could see Alexander playing it safe for the first half of the fight and having a fairly close contest through 6 rounds, but the second half of the fight will be fairly one sided, though I doubt we'll see a ko.

I think Alexander-Khan would be a really fascinating fight.
MarzB
Devon is definitely an emerging, fresh talent coming up in the sports that I believe will go to the next level. He can come forward a bit too much but he's a pretty technically sound boxer. I'm not the biggest fan of his excessive grunts but I think he'll also stop Urango.
JD
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 26 2010, 07:57 AM) *
Im going to take it a step further and say that Devon stops him late. Urango got his chin cracked last time out and Devon has a little pop. I see Urango walking in to one the most beautiful, well timed, left uppercuts you will ever see. Alexander TKO10.

I just don't see Alexander stopping him. Urango walked into a perfect shot by Randall Bailey, and if nothing less, Bailey is a huge puncher at 140. Alexander is just not a big enough puncher in my opinion. I see a 10 - 2 type of fight.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Alexander SHOULD outbox Urango and win this fight with ease. However, I don't know how Alexander will react to the constant hard pressure or Urango in the late rounds. Randall Bailey was outboxing Urango, but just got wore down from the pressure and got stopped. Also, I don't think Alexander has fought a puncher like Urango. Urango can crack and put fighters out at 140. I thought he got Berto's attention in the 3rd round of their fight. This is why the fight is compelling to me, and may not be as easy as it appears on paper. I'd bet on Alexander, but I don't discredit Urango and give him a shot to stop Alexander late if he can't take the pressure.
MarzB
I've been raving about this kid since the Corley fight.

Well looks like most were right about what happened here. Zab in the ring, now we'll see a passing of the torch of sorts. The Bradley fight will happen next year as IMO it's NOT as lucrative as a fight with Devon and Zab.

When that fight is made in St Louie, I'll BE THERE.. Great night for Devon last night..
Imperius3
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 26 2010, 06:57 AM) *

Wow, nice prediction. Only 2 rounds off, and it was a right uppercut. That's close enough though!
Fitz
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 26 2010, 11:57 PM) *

Very nice prediction man. Even the uppercut prediction was spot on.
Douchebag
Urango got lifted off of the ground with that uppercut. One thing to note, Urango had Evangilista Cotto in his corner when he fought Bailey and you could tell there was a big difference in him between this fight and the Bailey fight. Urango was slapping his punches which is why Devon made the coment "his punches did not hurt me at all". The advice Urango was getting was just piss poor.
D-MARV
Urango is ALWAYS open for the uppercut and I knew that his chin had been cracked good by Bailey. I had a feeling that eventually, Devon was going to catch him and it happen. I still don't agree with the stoppage but I do believe that Urango was on his way out anyways.
The CEO
Prediction Strength recognized.

Great call, StyleZ...
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 8 2010, 09:52 AM) *
Prediction Strength recognized.

Great call, StyleZ...

Thanks, I had a solid 2009 predicting fights... I pissed away the Hatton-Pacquiao prediction but other than that I was pretty solid.

After Pac stops Clottey in the 7th round and Mayweather toys with Mosley for 12 then my prediction strength will be at FULL FORCE!!! LOL.
neophyte7
I hear you... But Clottey aint getting stopped... matter of fact I am going with the AFRICAN-- his two losses are not really losses-- I was watching him hack up Cotto with precision punching- he just did not do enough to overcome the house fighter in the late rounds. No way Pac steam rolls Clottey-- after seeing his style-- I cannot see Clottey being unprepared- this is his last shot- and I am not impressed with Pacs wins over shopworn fighters in Cotto, Hatton, and DLH... Fuck Manny Duck Sue--- a Clottey victory would shake up the entire picture-- even if Pac wins but struggles, his reputation as a cheat will soar- all pressure is on PAC in this one-- lets see how he responds against a guy that has not been KO'd and is not on his downside---
Douchebag
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 8 2010, 05:27 PM) *
I hear you... But Clottey aint getting stopped... matter of fact I am going with the AFRICAN-- his two losses are not really losses-- I was watching him hack up Cotto with precision punching- he just did not do enough to overcome the house fighter in the late rounds. No way Pac steam rolls Clottey-- after seeing his style-- I cannot see Clottey being unprepared- this is his last shot- and I am not impressed with Pacs wins over shopworn fighters in Cotto, Hatton, and DLH... Fuck Manny Duck Sue--- a Clottey victory would shake up the entire picture-- even if Pac wins but struggles, his reputation as a cheat will soar- all pressure is on PAC in this one-- lets see how he responds against a guy that has not been KO'd and is not on his downside---

yeah but your forgetting that Clottey is a bitch.......................
King Eugene
Clottey is going to get banged smooth out the water. The whole atmosphere will have him shoot and once Manny put them hands on him he isn't going to know what to do. He's going to cover up all night blocking shots then when he decides to throw a shot he'll get four in return. He wont be comfortable in there at all. This isn't going the distance!

threaten.gif
D-MARV
Edit...

In efforts to keep this thread from turning into a Clottey-Pacquiao thread, Ive decided to delete my post!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 8 2010, 08:56 PM) *
Clottey is going to get banged smooth out the water. The whole atmosphere will have him shoot and once Manny put them hands on him he isn't going to know what to do. He's going to cover up all night blocking shots then when he decides to throw a shot he'll get four in return. He wont be comfortable in there at all. This isn't going the distance!

threaten.gif

for the record clottey isnt looking shook up at all.. matter of fact he appears very calm going into the biggest fight of his life... today seems to be going by very slow... i will be at the stadium bout 330...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.