Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roger Mayweather Training MMA Fighters
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Imperius3
Yeah, I've been hearing MMA clubs are starting to find real boxing trainers to teach the MMA guys real boxing skills. Lord knows they need it.
thehype
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jan 26 2010, 02:17 PM) *
Yeah, I've been hearing MMA clubs are starting to find real boxing trainers to teach the MMA guys real boxing skills. Lord knows they need it.

laugh.gif

Most of the major camps do have "real boxing trainers"...I mean, there's A LOT of other boxing trainers in the world besides Freddie Roach, Floyd Mayweather, Roger Mayweather, Jeff Mayweather, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad, Brother Naazim Richardson, Buddy McGirt, Ronnie Shields and Emanuel Steward. Just out of curiosity, can you or anyone else even name 10 other "real boxing trainers" in the US other than the ones I just mentioned?

And for the record, I don't think Roger Mayweather is "training" MMA fighters...I believe that was just like a seminar that they asked him to go to, but I don't think he currently has any MMA fighters training under him...well...actually...I take that back...I know Frank Trigg was interested in learning some stuff from the Mayweather, but I believe he was more interested in working with Big Floyd, not Roger.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 26 2010, 11:50 PM) *
laugh.gif

Most of the major camps do have "real boxing trainers"...I mean, there's A LOT of other boxing trainers in the world besides Freddie Roach, Floyd Mayweather, Roger Mayweather, Jeff Mayweather, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad, Brother Naazim Richardson, Buddy McGirt, Ronnie Shields and Emanuel Steward. Just out of curiosity, can you or anyone else even name 10 other "real boxing trainers" in the US other than the ones I just mentioned?

And for the record, I don't think Roger Mayweather is "training" MMA fighters...I believe that was just like a seminar that they asked him to go to, but I don't think he currently has any MMA fighters training under him...well...actually...I take that back...I know Frank Trigg was interested in learning some stuff from the Mayweather, but I believe he was more interested in working with Big Floyd, not Roger.

I think most on this site will be pretty disgusted you've left Jonny's Trainer off that list. Is there anyone more 'real' than Jonny's Trainer? Methinks not laugh.gif

Expect an angry post from Blaze. Or even the man himself.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 27 2010, 05:53 AM) *
I think most on this site will be pretty disgusted you've left Jonny's Trainer off that list. Is there anyone more 'real' than Jonny's Trainer? Methinks not laugh.gif

Hype you better take that back. Mr Trainer would not like to hear you speak such lies about him.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 27 2010, 12:53 AM) *

Angry post??Why??Ask Angel Manfreddy or Paul Spadafora how real he is.. smile.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jan 27 2010, 02:21 AM) *
Angry post??Why??Ask Angel Manfreddy or Paul Spadafora how real he is.. smile.gif

Angry Jonny coz Hype left him off the list of esteemed trainers. That's just not good enough. We've all read the advice he has for young fighters on this site and I have to admit the guy is strictly old school drinks.gif

I hate to think what he could do to Angel Manfreddy.
JonnysTrainer
I'm not angry, because that young gentleman is correct in some ways. Many people are in awe and just don't believe I exist and think I am a myth, that is why I am not mentioned. First off those guys are boxing trainers, I am an old school boxing trainer and there is a difference between the two. I am cut from the same cloth as the masculine men fromold school days. Boxers these days are really feminine and girly. Though I am not just an old school boxing trainer. I am so much more, I am a father figure much like Jesus is for so many people and a life coach.
Also Jonny, stop fooling around with your reptiles, you are supposed to be reading that book I gave you. You still haven't learned have you? I know exactly what you are doing without even being physically close to you, I know what you do and what you think all with the power of the mind, and you still think that you can get away? See you in the gym Jonathon, and leave the steel chasity belt and helmet at home, as I won't be sparring with you. Lucky for you kid.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnysTrainer @ Jan 27 2010, 03:53 AM) *
I'm not angry, because that young gentleman is correct in some ways. Many people are in awe and just don't believe I exist and think I am a myth, that is why I am not mentioned. First off those guys are boxing trainers, I am an old school boxing trainer and there is a difference between the two. I am cut from the same cloth as the masculine men fromold school days. Boxers these days are really feminine and girly. Though I am not just an old school boxing trainer. I am so much more, I am a father figure much like Jesus is for so many people and a life coach.
Also Jonny, stop fooling around with your reptiles, you are supposed to be reading that book I gave you. You still haven't learned have you? I know exactly what you are doing without even being physically close to you, I know what you do and what you think all with the power of the mind, and you still think that you can get away? See you in the gym Jonathon, and leave the steel chasity belt and helmet at home, as I won't be sparring with you. Lucky for you kid.

Now that's what I'm talking about!! Geez I wish Manny Steward would come back to this site.
STEVENSKI
Manny is busy smokin herb. He is not a real trainer like JT is.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 27 2010, 02:49 AM) *
Angry Jonny coz Hype left him off the list of esteemed trainers. That's just not good enough. We've all read the advice he has for young fighters on this site and I have to admit the guy is strictly old school drinks.gif

I hate to think what he could do to Angel Manfreddy.

Do to Angel Manfreddy??He trained him for his last 2 fights and Angel went on TV and did an interview saying that Buddy McGirt couldn't hold a candle to him..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JonnysTrainer @ Jan 27 2010, 03:53 AM) *

hahaha..A father figure like Jesus and a life coach..hahaha..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jan 28 2010, 04:29 AM) *
Do to Angel Manfreddy??He trained him for his last 2 fights and Angel went on TV and did an interview saying that Buddy McGirt couldn't hold a candle to him..

Well we all know about the tremendous power that Mr Trainer posses in his mighty fists. I only hope he didn't spar with Angel he may have knocked him into next week!
AussieLad
DIdnt he bust up satan?

If he ever went to hell he would make the prince of darkness his bitch, just like sadam did... think its got something to do with that bad ass moustache

Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 26 2010, 10:50 PM) *
laugh.gif

Tommy Brooks, Kevin Cunningham, Dan Birmingham, Roger Bloodworth, Gil Clancy, Teddy Atlas, Lou Duva, Angelo Dundee, Jimmy Williams, Yoel Judah, Kevin Rooney, Barry Hunter, Panama Lewis...just off the top of my head.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 28 2010, 01:27 PM) *
Tommy Brooks, Kevin Cunningham, Dan Birmingham, Roger Bloodworth, Gil Clancy, Teddy Atlas, Lou Duva, Angelo Dundee, Jimmy Williams, Yoel Judah, Kevin Rooney, Barry Hunter, Panama Lewis...just off the top of my head.

Besides some decrepit old fucks you listed real winners like Atlas & Rooney. Complete scumbags like Lewis & any guy that says "yagodda zipboombam" as advice for his charge is no trainers arsehole.

Birmingham & Bloodworth are OK.
D-MARV
Barry Hunter is a VERY underrated trainer.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 28 2010, 09:27 AM) *

Good list..Atlas,Bloodworth,and Duva are quality..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.