Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fox Sports@ 10PM CST (SPOILERS@ 10:45)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For discussions of this fight. Does anyone know about these guys or the first fight?

Jack
flazi
Just watched this fight on fox sports. Campillo was robbed. He had no shot at winning that fight unless by ko. he totally outpunched and outworked shumenov. wow just wow.
Romulus9
I had it 117-111 Campillo and thought I'd been generous with one of the rounds for Shumenov.

Levi Martinez had it the same as I did, 117-111.

The other scores were:

Patricia Morse-Jarman 117-111 Shumenov
Jerry Roth 115-113 Shumenov

Golden Boy fighter gets a gift decision in a robbery.... wow. How about that?

Wait... that's not Jerry Roth! That's Gale Van Hoy in a Jerry Roth mask! SON OF A BITCH!
Romulus9
Highway robbery. As I said in the thread above:

I had it 117-111 Campillo and thought I'd been generous with one of the rounds for Shumenov.

Levi Martinez had it the same as I did, 117-111.

The other scores were:

Patricia Morse-Jarman 117-111 Shumenov
Jerry Roth 115-113 Shumenov

Golden Boy fighter gets a gift decision in a robbery.... wow. How about that?

Wait... that's not Jerry Roth! That's Gale Van Hoy in a Jerry Roth mask! SON OF A BITCH!

Unreal. Lara looked pretty good tonight, a solid B performance but, wow, what a robbery.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen, and those 117-111 scorecards are the worst I have ever seen in this sport. Campillo literally spent rounds 6-9 beating the hell out of Shumenov and I thought he was close to getting a stoppage win in the 9th round. I had it 117-111 for Campillo, and definitely thought it could have been 118-110. Being as generous as I could be, the closest I could think that fight could be is 115-113. That type of decision is just terrible, but I know we all used to it, and it won't change. I don't think Shumenov would even want a third fight after getting his face beat in like that. That dude is nothing close to the future and hyped up prospect they made him out to be.
flazi
jerry roth ought to be ashamed of himself.
Michigan Assassin
Thank God Golden Boy has come along to help clean up the sport of boxing and all these terrible decisions.

Honestly, GBP is the worst offender with their shitty fighters getting all of these absolute robberies.

What a joke.
Michigan Assassin
BTW Shumenov has a lot of heart but his skill level was non-existant.

Never seem Campillo fight before but Shumenov made him look like a world beater.
Jack 1000
Yea,

That was a bad call. There were many close rounds, but I thought that Campillo won something like 116-112. Shumenov kept coming back, but his punches were like less effective than Campillo's Good action though. I barely heard of these guys before. This was a rematch, what happened in the first fight?

Jack
Michigan Assassin
I honestly didn't think there were even many close rounds in the second half of the fight.

Sure Shumenov was throwing a lot of shots in the the first half of each round but, from what I was watching, Campillo saw everything coming and wasn't hit with much at all.

I still wish I'd here one of the GBP mouthpieces come out and knock a bad decision that went in favor of one of their fighters.

I know this will never happen but if they're serious about "cleaning up boxing" this is exactly what would set them apart from other promoters.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 30 2010, 02:24 AM) *
Yea,

That was a bad call. There were many close rounds, but I thought that Campillo won something like 116-112. Shumenov kept coming back, but his punches were like less effective than Campillo's Good action though. I barely heard of these guys before. This was a rematch, what happened in the first fight?

Jack

LikeI say, I had never really seen these guys fight either but I was impressed with them both in different ways. Shumenov with his heart and Campillo with this skills and calmness.

I think Campillo won a close decision and the WBA ordered the rematch.

I may be wrong on that but that is what I heard.
Big Slim Sweet
Campillo dominated that fight. I had it 117-110, giving him the 9th round (I think) by a score of 10-8 where I thought the fight could have been stopped. Terrible, terrible decision. As bad as Funeka-Guzman.

I like Shumenov. He's a tough kid with a TON of heart, but no way he won that fight.
Spreadking
I agree 100% that the 9th round should have been 10-8 for Camp...he won the fight.....but I did wonder why he cruised the last 2 rounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.