Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN2 @ 9PM CST Brinkley vs. Stevens (SPOILERS@ 9:15)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For discussion of tonights ESPN2 Friday Night Fights Card.

Jack
Spyder
What's with the Central time stamp?

Where do you live Jack, Minnesota? lol
Imperius3
Brinkley! About to pull off the upset!
D-MARV
This is one of the MOST AMAZING things I have ever seen...

WAR BRINKLEY... GO GET EM
tymoney
Somebody wrote a check dat dey ass couldnt cash! How you gon gaurantee a 50 sec ko.. then lose every round.. not only that but damn near get knocked out ya damn self?? Lol win lose or draw.. Brinkley already won!!
The CEO
Was wondering if anyone else was seein' this....high energy and drama....great fight.

Atlas absolutely TRASHED Roach too...lol
The CEO
Holy SHIT what a fight...that was a TREAT...

Spyder
WOW...I didn't think that Jesse had it in him!

I fully expected everyone to be talking about what a beast Stevens is... laugh.gif
King Eugene
Aint that bout a bitch and I had the nerve to drop Brinkley and pick up Casamayor on my fantasy roster. I deserve to lose for that one.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 29 2010, 11:33 PM) *

what did he say? (I dozed off halfway into that first fight lol)
Imperius3
Well deserved victory for Brinkley.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 29 2010, 11:33 PM) *
Was wondering if anyone else was seein' this....high energy and drama....great fight.

I watched the fight CEO... and enjoyed it very much. Great fight for Brinkley, he looks much improved since the Contender. He was decent on the Contender though and seemed like a pretty good guy. I remember him doing very well at the challenges the Contender had to offer and knew this guy was solid and very competitive.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I watched this fight as well. What a fight, and what a performance. I actually though Brinkley would come through in this fight, as he's come a long way since fighting Bonsante (robbery) and Spina. Those right hands he was landing were brutal, and he was just a better all around fighter than Stevens. He boxed when he needed to, and took over the fight early. Brinkley will get a shot coming up, and he's earned winning his last eight fights.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 29 2010, 08:57 PM) *
What's with the Central time stamp?

Where do you live Jack, Minnesota? lol

Hahahahaha!!!!!! Close! Wisconsin!!!

Jack
The CEO
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jan 30 2010, 12:13 AM) *
what did he say? (I dozed off halfway into that first fight lol)

Atlas basically said that Roach was the opposite of the beer, Tecate....that he had NO character...lol...it was a live and direct shot.

He used Peter Manfredo Sr. as an example...saying that he was what a trainer should be....how his son (Manfredo Jr.) was fighting the same night, but he had an obligation to Brinkley (being his trainer) so he was there...with his Heart into it....

He then talked about how other trainers out there will leave their fighters hangin' at the drop of a hat....like Roach did when he went to train De La Hoya....Atlas straight called him out, and I enjoyed it.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Jack, way off topic, but where in Wisc. do you live? I have a lot of family that lives in Wisc.

Anyway, I also liked Atlas' comments about trainers. They should have a little more loyalty to their fighters, and make sure all their fighters are in good hands. I know yesterday our gym had two fighters going out of town for fights. Ron Lyke went with Vanda, who had the fight set in stone for awhile, but they all made sure Wilshaun Boxley was in good hands in Vegas last night. I was surprised Manfredo Sr. was in Brinkley's corner last night. I think they mentioned that Manfredo Jr. told him to go with Brinkley. I heard Peter looked pretty good last night, so it all worked out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.