Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 30 2010, 10:04 PM) *
Ellerbe said that he was NEVER an option...

Oh sure I'm gonna take Ellerbe's word for it, much like I believe everything that rolls out of Arum's mouth.

Matthew Hatton's camp said some feelers were put out, granted not major feelers but some questions all the same. I'm not sure what he would have to gain by making that up. I guess it comes down to who you believe (sorry I'm not a believer in the words of Leonard 'Floyd's fluffer' Ellerbe.)
tymoney
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 30 2010, 08:44 PM) *
And for the record...

I understand that this is a Shane that is near the end of his career but he's still better than anybody Pacquiao has fought since the FIRST Morales fight.

Exactly, Pacquiao gets all the credit in the world for fighting a man thats best known for his impressive losses. Name me ONE impressive Clottey win.... and I like Clottey but lets just deal with facts here, yall opinions are based off of feelings and emotions for a bunch of men you NEVER met before. Kinda female like dont you think?? If Pacquiao fights Shane then everybody will be up here praising him like hes God. Floyd fights him and all of a sudden Shane is too old. Mannn get outta here with that shit. I called it 6 months ago if this fight ever happen people was goin start making excuses from jump start. Is it Floyd fault that Shane had a layoff?? NO, Shane coulda fought Berto last summer its his fault he hasnt been in the ring yet. Everybody get they panties so wet talking about how Floyd ducked Marg. So now he fighting the man that completely destroyed Margarito cheating ass and now theres a million more excuses.. layoff.. age.. yall are pitiful LOL
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 30 2010, 09:44 PM) *
And for the record...

I understand that this is a Shane that is near the end of his career but he's still better than anybody Pacquiao has fought since the FIRST Morales fight.

I'd agree with this though. I'd probably put Cotto on a par with Mosley given that he owns a win over Shane, and I thought looked in really good shape entering the Pac fight, he just got beat by a better guy that night.
Provo209
I see Fitz is on here ,I'm going to hold you to what u said ! Giving Mayweather credit when he beats Shane LOL
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 30 2010, 10:09 PM) *
Exactly, Pacquiao gets all the credit in the world for fighting a man thats best known for his impressive losses. Name me ONE impressive Clottey win.... and I like Clottey but lets just deal with facts here, yall opinions are based off of feelings and emotions for a bunch of men you NEVER met before. Kinda female like dont you think?? If Pacquiao fights Shane then everybody will be up here praising him like hes God. Floyd fights him and all of a sudden Shane is too old. Mannn get outta here with that shit. I called it 6 months ago if this fight ever happen people was goin start making excuses from jump start. Is it Floyd fault that Shane had a layoff?? NO, Shane coulda fought Berto last summer its his fault he hasnt been in the ring yet. Everybody get they panties so wet talking about how Floyd ducked Marg. So now he fighting the man that completely destroyed Margarito cheating ass and now theres a million more excuses.. layoff.. age.. yall are pitiful LOL

The layoff and age are kinda entwined. Apart form that what are these 'million' other excuses?

I personally think Shane loses simply because Floyd is that little bit better.

I'm not sure Pac gets 'all the credit in the world for fighting Clottey'. Outside of Torvix who would you say on these board at least is giving him 'all the credit in the world.' Some of us are just calling it like we see it.

I will give him a credit for finding a half decent oppponent in a short space of time, and I will give him credit for facing a genuinely big welter. Clottey has a decent win over Judah, many thought he shoulda got the nod against Cotto and he looked pretty good against Marg at a time when Marg was relatively feared in the division.

Now I doubt that's gonna get him into the hall of fame, but I don't think Clottey is a scrub either, I'll pay to watch this fight.

Yeah Mosley/PBF is a WAY bigger deal and both guys get credit for making the fight, but yes some here are wondering if age will play a factor. Don't you think that is a reasonably legitimate question to ask? Certainly I would ask the same question of Floyd if he was fighting at age 38. Is this the fight where he gets old?

It always get raised before every fight Nard has (even though he continues to prove us wrong) because in a sport like boxing age can be quite an important factor. Note I say factor not the total reason why someone would lose.
Big Slim Sweet
First off, I just want to say that even though Shane is past his prime, he's still an excellent fighter, the most dangerous Floyd has ever faced, and if this fight comes off I'll give Mayweather his props for taking it. Finally. Bitch. Not that a boxer in the prime of his career shouldn't be looking for the best fucking fights. Give the little fairy cunt a medal for finally doing his motherfucking job, the cocksucking little faggot.

laugh.gif

Someone break out that old Mayweather hatewagon. Stevens?

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 30 2010, 07:14 PM) *
When Mosley goes up right to his fucking face and says fight me, Floyd is stuttering and stammering like Smiley in Do the right thing. "M-M-M-M-MOSELY!"

LMFAO. This joke might be old right now (might be) but would have been damn funny two weeks ago.
Provo209
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 30 2010, 06:10 PM) *
I'd agree with this though. I'd probably put Cotto on a par with Mosley given that he owns a win over Shane, and I thought looked in really good shape entering the Pac fight, he just got beat by a better guy that night.

That's cause the better guy was on roids LOL and probably had a rehydrating clause in the contract ,not being able to come in over 147 fight night.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Jan 30 2010, 10:22 PM) *
That's cause the better guy was on roids LOL and probably had a rehydrating clause in the contract ,not being able to come in over 147 fight night.

See this is what I love, just make up some shit and spread it about like it's a fact. Great way to make an argument genius.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
[quote name='Sweetness' date='Jan 30 2010, 10:19 PM' post='471129']
First off, I just want to say that even though Shane is past his prime, he's still an excellent fighter, the most dangerous Floyd has ever faced, and if this fight comes off I'll give Mayweather his props for taking it. Finally. Bitch. Not that a boxer in the prime of his career shouldn't be looking for the best fucking fights. Give the little fairy cunt a medal for finally doing his motherfucking job, the cocksucking little faggot.

laugh.gif

See Ty this is the elegant and sporting way to give a guy some credit laugh.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 31 2010, 03:19 AM) *
I'm not sure Pac gets 'all the credit in the world for fighting Clottey'. Outside of Torvix who would you say on these board at least is giving him 'all the credit in the world.' Some of us are just calling it like we see it.

LOL! Point me in a thread that says I'm giving Pac all the credit in the world? I called it right, remember - A MISMATCH? Hahaha!!! I maybe a nuthugger, but I'm a nuthugger of super exciting fights. If Floyd can give me some exciting fights in a row, then you will see me nuthugging him, instead.
Big Slim Sweet
Shane needs to rough Floyd up seriously during the clinches. Really get in there and beat on him, anywhere he can. If he does that he might be able to zap Floyd's legs later in the fight. If PBF can't run he can't win this fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 30 2010, 10:26 PM) *
LOL! Point me in a thread that says I'm giving Pac all the credit in the world? I called it right, remember - A MISMATCH? Hahaha!!! I maybe a nuthugger, but I'm a nuthugger of super exciting fights. If Floyd can give me some exciting fights in a row, then you will see me nuthugging him, instead.

Torvix you have been giving us some funny stuff lately. I think I might get that made into a tee shirt.

Yes! I too am a 'nuthugger of super exciting fights.'
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Jan 30 2010, 10:29 PM) *
Shane needs to rough Floyd up seriously during the clinches. Really get in there and beat on him, anywhere he can. If he does that he might be able to zap Floyd's legs later in the fight. If PBF can't run he can't win this fight.

Well my fellow brig member we seem to be seeing this the same way. I wouldn't mind seeing him a give Floyd a couple to the nuts as well. Maybe Roger will become incensed and charge into the ring again, this time ending in Floyd's disqualification.

As a quick aside, I'm no fan of Zab but can anyone explain to me as to how he got the raw end of the deal on that one? I still can't figure that one out.
Jack 1000
Our current Front Page Story on the fight!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6837...b912a3bc0ba0b09

Jack
tymoney
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 30 2010, 09:19 PM) *
The layoff and age are kinda entwined. Apart form that what are these 'million' other excuses?

I personally think Shane loses simply because Floyd is that little bit better.

I will give him a credit for finding a half decent oppponent in a short space of time, and I will give him credit for facing a genuinely big welter. Clottey has a decent win over Judah, many thought he shoulda got the nod against Cotto and he looked pretty good against Marg at a time when Marg was relatively feared in the division.

Now I doubt that's gonna get him into the hall of fame, but I don't think Clottey is a scrub either, I'll pay to watch this fight.

Yeah Mosley/PBF is a WAY bigger deal and both guys get credit for making the fight, but yes some here are wondering if age will play a factor. Don't you think that is a reasonably legitimate question to ask? Certainly I would ask the same question of Floyd if he was fighting at age 38. Is this the fight where he gets old?

It always get raised before every fight Nard has (even though he continues to prove us wrong) because in a sport like boxing age can be quite an important factor. Note I say factor not the total reason why someone would lose.

I hear what you saying, but regardless point is no matter what Floyd do or who he fight/beat.. yall will never give the man his full credit. And we all know Floyd tried to fight Shane when Shane was in his prime.. both of them has done some playing around with each other at some point of their career and now they are finally fighting. So its time to put excuses and worries aside and just anticipate a great fight. Besides, Shane is a gym rat so I doubt the layoff would be a factor.. neither will age imo.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 30 2010, 11:11 PM) *
I hear what you saying, but regardless point is no matter what Floyd do or who he fight/beat.. yall will never give the man his full credit. And we all know Floyd tried to fight Shane when Shane was in his prime.. both of them has done some playing around with each other at some point of their career and now they are finally fighting. So its time to put excuses and worries aside and just anticipate a great fight. Besides, Shane is a gym rat so I doubt the layoff would be a factor.. neither will age imo.

Gym rat or not a layoff can effect even the best. Fact.

When have I not given Floyd credit? I always thought his fight with De la Hoya was B.S due to Oscar virtually being semi-retired at the time, however can't blame a man for clipping the Golden ticket. Thought his fight with Hatton at 147 was B.S coz I honestly believed Hatton had already been beaten at that weight.

Thought his win over Baldy was B.S mainly coz it was clear that Baldy was just a journeyman who'd had one lucky night against an unfocussed Zab. Thought his win over Zab was B.S mainly due to the fact that Zab had just come off a shocker to B-level journeyman Baldy. Don't even get me started on Brussels or Gatti. See the pattern here? Floyd usually takes the path of least resistence.

Yup thought his win over JMM was B.S as well due to the huge weight disparity.

Now what fights do I give him credit for? Well I always admired him in his early career taking dangerous fights like Manfredy, owned Diego and fought and beat Castillo twice. Yup quality wins alright and certainly worthy of praise.

The problem? They all took place back in 1862 or whatever. Had Edison even invented the lightbulb back then?

I'm pumped for his fight with Shane, coz regardless of his inactivity or age I believe Shane is Floyd's most dangerous opponent in over a decade. If he beats Shane convincingly then I for one will give him all the credit in the world and he will naturally go back to the top of the p4p rankings.
MarzB
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jan 30 2010, 03:47 PM) *
I'm not dissing Collazo either, I mentioned that because a lot of people are saying that Shane won't be able to deal with Floyd's slickness when the fact of the matter is the last time Shane fought a slick guy he dominated him.

Collazo is southpaw for one so that throws away ANY comparison. But also Collazo hurt his hand in the third round which severely limited him. I'm not saying he would have beaten Shane but he would have presented more problems for Shane.
MarzB
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 30 2010, 05:54 PM) *
If Pac signed to fight Mosley, their would be people putting him up there with Duran, Robinson, and Armstrong... Oh Wait... Some already do that.

LOL
MarzB
OMG, the excuses have already started and the press conference hasn't occurred. LOL

"Mosley's going to have a 16 month layoff" Are you serious for real?? Mayweather has ONE fight in 2+ years and Shane has had two since that time and it's Mosley's LAYOFF folks are crying about,lol. This is the best you could come up with??

First of all BOTH guys are gym rats so I strongly doubt being in fight shape will be any issue. As for activity, both of these guys have been boxing over 20+ years. I strongly doubt "ring rust" will have any impact on either.

Can someone answer my previous question about "WHEN SHOULD HAVE THIS FIGHT OCCURRED WHERE IT WOULD have been AS LURCATIVE"? Got it because that past time doesn't exist. Guys are making this out to be Jones vs. Hopkins rematch that should have occurred in '02.

The bottom line is, its here. Appreciate it. Gesh.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 30 2010, 11:48 PM) *
OMG, the excuses have already started and the press conference hasn't occurred. LOL

"Mosley's going to have a 16 month layoff" Are you serious for real?? Mayweather has ONE fight in 2+ years and Shane has had two since that time and it's Mosley's LAYOFF folks are crying about,lol. This is the best you could come up with??

First of all BOTH guys are gym rats so I strongly doubt being in fight shape will be any issue. As for activity, both of these guys have been boxing over 20+ years. I strongly doubt "ring rust" will have any impact on either.

Can someone answer my previous question about "WHEN SHOULD HAVE THIS FIGHT OCCURRED WHERE IT WOULD have been AS LURCATIVE"? Got it because that past time doesn't exist. Guys are making this out to be Jones vs. Hopkins rematch that should have occurred in '02.

The bottom line is, its here. Appreciate it. Gesh.

I don't know if they are excuses Marz. I would definately call them factors. When trying to pick who wins a fight I try to look at all the factors of who will win and why. Do I think the inactivity will hurt the older Mosley more than Floyd? Yeah my guess would be probably. Hopkins aside we've seen a sharp decline in many fighters almost 'overnight' when they get past 35, 36.

But I've also said I pick Floyd coz I just think he's a little bit better than Mosley. His defence is tighter, he's got a better jab, he's got more speed etc, he's just all around 5-10% (at least in my opinion) better package than Shane.

Why do these things have to be called excuses? Don't you consider any of them factors? Man anyone who dare questions Floyd's greatness you start acting like a woman with a period.
MarzB
I'm acting like a "woman" but every little nugget substantiated or not regarding Floyd and these MYSTERIOUS opponents and folks go in a tizzy here,lol? Come on try harder.

Now back to fight analysis, despite Mosley being on the cream/clear, can you point to me at ANY point in his career where he wasn't in tip top shape? These two fighters are arguably (Hopkins and Jones are there too) the two best conditioned boxers out there. If Shane were to have fought recently I'm certain the "excuse" as "I" see it would be, "Shane needs rest as he was in a fight recently".

Now to your question about "FLOYD". I'll criticize Floyd when it's just and fit. Most of the criticisms as I've said time and time again are unjust. "He hasn't fought a real welter". Really what was Oscar?? But most of all I've never seen arguably any sports best athlete be so continually criticized. It's mind boggling when you consider his skill set. But actually in hindsight it's complementary because if he wasn't anything CLOSE to what he thinks of himself, he would endear so much discussion now would he?? Would folks endlessly waste this much time discussing quintana for example. Nope.

I've said countless times that when he signs to fight Mosley the age excuse will come up and it has. What gives??

Now if you want to go back to discussing the actual match up. Proceed. I've shared my analysis of the fight.
Provo209
Haters just stop hating already LOL.First if Floyd wouldn't have fought Baldomir u guys would be hating on that saying he's scared cause he seen what happen to Zab.Baldomir was the official 147 welterweight Champ is it Floyds fault that Baldomir was the man LOL.
MarzB
I wonder who Jin will be rooting for smile.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 31 2010, 12:04 AM) *
I'm acting like a "woman" but every little nugget substantiated or not regarding Floyd and these MYSTERIOUS opponents and folks go in a tizzy here,lol? Come on try harder.

Now back to fight analysis, despite Mosley being on the cream/clear, can you point to me at ANY point in his career where he wasn't in tip top shape? These two fighters are arguably (Hopkins and Jones are there too) the two best conditioned boxers out there. If Shane were to have fought recently I'm certain the "excuse" as "I" see it would be, "Shane needs rest as he was in a fight recently".

Now to your question about "FLOYD". I'll criticize Floyd when it's just and fit. Most of the criticisms as I've said time and time again are unjust. "He hasn't fought a real welter". Really what was Oscar?? But most of all I've never seen arguably any sports best athlete be so continually criticized. It's mind boggling when you consider his skill set. But actually in hindsight it's complementary because if he wasn't anything CLOSE to what he thinks of himself, he would endear so much discussion now would he?? Would folks endlessly waste this much time discussing quintana for example. Nope.

I've said countless times that when he signs to fight Mosley the age excuse will come up and it has. What gives??

Now if you want to go back to discussing the actual match up. Proceed. I've shared my analysis of the fight.

Part of my analysis is around age. Do I think it could be a factor, possibly, but certainly not the primary reason Floyd wins. Am I not allowed to weigh up my pro's and cons in deciding who wins the fight and why? Or are you so sensitive to poor little Floyd's plight that anything I bring up as a potential factor you will turn on me and say I am just making 'excuses' for a potential Mosley loss? Go cry me a fucking river.

It would be like analyzing Hopkins/Jones. As you've mentioned Jones is always in tip top shape but would I have to take into account the fact that he keeps getting knocked out a lot recently? Yes that would be factor. That and I'd say age has definately caught up with Roy.

Oscar was a real welter who had been in semi-retirement for some almost 2 years before fighting Floyd so sorry I can't rank that as a great win for Floyd, particularly as Oscar then went on to look so bad in his next 2 fights.

I'm not sure what mysterious opponents you're talking about. Mayweather's team definately threw some names out there to gauge public opinion, and soon came to the conclusion that the public wasn't buying aything other than Mosley.

I'm looking forward to the fight. I have my reasons why I think floyd will prevail and I don't consider them excuses should Mosley fall short. The better man will win, it's that simple really.
Provo209
Marz ,haters will always hate ! Couple months ago Floyd was a chicken he got scared when Shane steped in during the interview ,Floyd won't fight shane he's fighting smaller guys like pac ,now that Floyd is about to skool Shane the haters are worried and coming up with their excuses ! No matter who Floyd beats he will never get credit.
Now if he would have fought Margarito instead of Baldomir ,people would have said well who's margarito?who's he beat?
And haters don't even say Cotto,cause Floyd wanted that fight and cottos camp said NO , if Floyd would have fought him the excuse would have been Cotto is to young ..
Go back and watch Floyds countdowns to his fights all boxing analyst say this is the biggest test ! LoL
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Jan 31 2010, 12:28 AM) *
Marz ,haters will always hate ! Couple months ago Floyd was a chicken he got scared when Shane steped in during the interview ,Floyd won't fight shane he's fighting smaller guys like pac ,now that Floyd is about to skool Shane the haters are worried and coming up with their excuses ! No matter who Floyd beats he will never get credit.
Now if he would have fought Margarito instead of Baldomir ,people would have said well who's margarito?who's he beat?
And haters don't even say Cotto,cause Floyd wanted that fight and cottos camp said NO , if Floyd would have fought him the excuse would have been Cotto is to young ..
Go back and watch Floyds countdowns to his fights all boxing analyst say this is the biggest test ! LoL

Seriously Provo give me one name of someone on this board who has said they are not prepared to give Floyd credit for this win?
Provo209
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 30 2010, 08:21 PM) *
I wonder who Jin will be rooting for smile.gif

LOL! She knows that's why she never put Shane against Floyd .
torvix2000
When Pac moved on to fight Clottey and Berto was paid by GBP to step aside, Floyd got pushed against the wall. There's no way he could hide. This was expected after BERTO announced he was pulling out of the Mosley fight.

Every posts were talking about: FLOYD's cornered now. Will he avoid Mosley? No way he could avoid Mosley now.

And there we have: Floyd vs Mosley
Douchebag
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 30 2010, 10:37 PM) *
Collazo is southpaw for one so that throws away ANY comparison. But also Collazo hurt his hand in the third round which severely limited him. I'm not saying he would have beaten Shane but he would have presented more problems for Shane.

Doesn't through out any comparison. Southpaw or not he is still skilled boxer and Shane dominated him, point blank.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 30 2010, 06:04 PM) *
Ellerbe said that he was NEVER an option...

oh well, if Ellerbe said so... rolleyes_anim.gif
MarzB
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jan 31 2010, 12:48 AM) *
Doesn't through out any comparison. Southpaw or not he is still skilled boxer and Shane dominated him, point blank.

Come on, their stand is a TREMENDOUS deal and no one denied Shane's boxing acumen. Collazo is a good fighter. I personally like him a lot but he is no where NEAR on the any stratosphere comparable to Mayweather. He doesn't move as well, he's not nearly as good defensively, he's not quick. He's a good boxer with solid fundamentals but he's no where in the league with Floyd thats why I'm scoffing at the comparison. Thats like me saying because Floyd dominated Gatti (a flat footed fighter which Shane often is) he'll do the same to Mosley.

I'll say it again. If Shane has problems with Mayorga's predicable, girly'ish right hand, wait till he sees Mayweather's missile of a straight right.
MarzB
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 31 2010, 12:33 AM) *
When Pac moved on to fight Clottey and Berto was paid by GBP to step aside, Floyd got pushed against the wall. There's no way he could hide. This was expected after BERTO announced he was pulling out of the Mosley fight.

Every posts were talking about: FLOYD's cornered now. Will he avoid Mosley? No way he could avoid Mosley now.

And there we have: Floyd vs Mosley

Provo, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Take a look at the above. Really, what wall was that?? Seriously??

From November 19th 2009. LA friggin times

Ellerbe said he'll instruct Schaefer to negotiate with Arum "as soon as possible," but noted, "If the fight can't be made, we'll fight Shane Mosley if he can get past (Andre) Berto (on Jan. 30)."

Article from LA TIMES

So even when the FACTS present themselves PROVO, the anti Mayweather faction will STILL spin it anyway to shine some negative light on Mayweather. I mean its friggin comedic and at the same time lunacy.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 31 2010, 01:13 AM) *
Provo, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Take a look at the above. Really, what wall was that?? Seriously??

From November 19th 2009. LA friggin times

Article from LA TIMES

So even when the FACTS present themselves PROVO, the anti Mayweather faction will STILL spin it anyway to shine some negative light on Mayweather. I mean its friggin comedic and at the same time lunacy.

Right Marz but talk is cheap in boxing. Floyd also promised by all accounts to definately give Freitas a fight back in the day. Supposedly he was gonna fight Tszyu and I think Casamayor at some stage. And he's not the only one to do it. they're all at it, so I'm sorry quoting Ellerbe saying 'yeah we're gonna after this guy next' really aint worth the paper it's written on.

All that counts are the fights that actually get signed. Has Floyd's choice of opponents been pretty sub standard these past 10 years? Well I'd say so. Has he upped his game by signing to fight Mosley? I'd say so.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 31 2010, 12:32 AM) *
Right Marz but talk is cheap in boxing. Floyd also promised by all accounts to definately give Freitas a fight back in the day. Supposedly he was gonna fight Tszyu and I think Casamayor at some stage. And he's not the only one to do it. they're all at it, so I'm sorry quoting Ellerbe saying 'yeah we're gonna after this guy next' really aint worth the paper it's written on.

All that counts are the fights that actually get signed. Has Floyd's choice of opponents been pretty sub standard these past 10 years? Well I'd say so. Has he upped his game by signing to fight Mosley? I'd say so.

As I recall Ollie...the fans were screaming for the Hatton & De La Hoya fights. Even the Judah fight was a fight many people wanted to see. Mayweather fights the best fights as long as the money is there. It's a proven fact that he will fight the biggest fights out there, but they have to make business sense. If the biggest perceived threat out there brings the most money he will take the fight.
tymoney
Listen, point blank period Floyd is fighting the man that is regarded as the top ww. Couple months ago yall was up here saying how Floyd was scared and so fuckin terrified when Shane walked in the ring.. was Shane NOT old then?? Or did he just become 38 overnite??? Help me out here.. yall say he scared of the man b/c of what he did to Margo, now he's fighting the man and all of a sudden hes "too old".. 6 months ago I didnt see anybody on this damn website say ANYTHING about Shane being out of his prime nor his age.. all I read was how Floyd was scared to fight a real welter.. he would never fight Shane hes too scared he would lose he only fight smaller fighters blah blah blah.. NOWWWWW for some odd reason.. we wanna discuss "factors" about how Shane is old and he had a layoff.. as if Shane is not the primary reason why these guys havent fought yet in the first place!
torvix2000
Fouck you Gayweather defenders who are using Ellerbe's words!!!

"Floyd just wants a level playing field" - Ellerbe

So fouck you!!! What level playing field? You mean when Floyd fought Marquez?!!!!!!! He could have said Floyd is AFRAID that Pac will use steroids.
torvix2000
How about sources saying that Floyd was balking at Mosley!!! But that he has no choice now but to fight him. Yeah, if you believe Ellerbe, then we have to believe these sources, too.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 30 2010, 10:09 PM) *
How about sources saying that Floyd was balking at Mosley!!! But that he has no choice now but to fight him. Yeah, if you believe Ellerbe, then we have to believe these sources, too.

That's bullshit though. Ellerbe said so. thumbsup_anim.gif
AussieLad
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:58 AM) *

So fouck you!!! What level playing field? You mean when Floyd fought Marquez?!!!!!!! He could have said Floyd is AFRAID that Pac will use steroids.

The mayweathers wouldnt have enough brain cells between them to operate a spirit level, so their version of a level palying field is a mightily lop sided one in their favour

I wonder what concessions shane had to make at the negotiating table?? he's probably going to have to wear gloves the size of hot air balloons and fight in a ring the size of a football field
Byrd Man
"Mayweather didn't want this fight. He Got Pushed into It"

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 31 2010, 01:55 AM) *
As I recall Ollie...the fans were screaming for the Hatton & De La Hoya fights. Even the Judah fight was a fight many people wanted to see. Mayweather fights the best fights as long as the money is there. It's a proven fact that he will fight the biggest fights out there, but they have to make business sense. If the biggest perceived threat out there brings the most money he will take the fight.

You must know a different set of fans to the one's I do.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 31 2010, 01:57 AM) *
Listen, point blank period Floyd is fighting the man that is regarded as the top ww. Couple months ago yall was up here saying how Floyd was scared and so fuckin terrified when Shane walked in the ring.. was Shane NOT old then?? Or did he just become 38 overnite??? Help me out here.. yall say he scared of the man b/c of what he did to Margo, now he's fighting the man and all of a sudden hes "too old".. 6 months ago I didnt see anybody on this damn website say ANYTHING about Shane being out of his prime nor his age.. all I read was how Floyd was scared to fight a real welter.. he would never fight Shane hes too scared he would lose he only fight smaller fighters blah blah blah.. NOWWWWW for some odd reason.. we wanna discuss "factors" about how Shane is old and he had a layoff.. as if Shane is not the primary reason why these guys havent fought yet in the first place!

Nope Ty I'm just saying that in my analysis of the fight I think age may play a factor, NOT the main reason why I think Floyd will win.

Do I think Floyd wants the fight? Not really, I still think he'd prefer to fight Calderon if he could get away with it laugh.gif , fact is due to the Pac debacle he's really got nowhere left to run if he wants a decent payday and we know he needs a decent payday and quick.
torvix2000
Fouckin' shit! Gayweather again called the radio station and bashed Pacquiao. Can't he sell his upcoming fight again without using Pac's name like when he and GBP used it with Juan Manuel Marquez. Geez.

Maybe we should make a sig bet for the number of times GBP and Gayweather will mention the name Pacquiao to promote the fight. And to think they have been sued already. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
gbh32001
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 31 2010, 02:28 PM) *
"Mayweather didn't want this fight. He Got Pushed into It"

No matter how Floyd was pushed into this fight, his concern to lose will make him more elusive to Mosley. I see it and say it;"there is no way, shape or form that Mosley will win this battle". He was outboxed by Cotto and look very impressive against a troubled Margarito but against a cunning man Mayrunner he is very lucky to get 4 rounds out of 12. And out of that four rounds if he can get, i wish he can land a very very solid punch that will sent Floyd to dreamland like what he did to Mayorga in the 12th.
MarzB
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 31 2010, 01:58 AM) *

Shut the fuck up ok?? Seriously this post above is clearly the sign of desperation or OUT of arguments. So you want Floyd straight out of sabatical to fight Pacquiao when Pacquiao was already signed to fight Hatton two months prior. Now you're just posting stupidly.

was Shane NOT old then?? Or did he just become 38 overnite??

Your entire post was great but I had to get this part. EXACTLY.

Oh and to Byrdman as usual you can't make your own points when confronted you'll piggyback other ridiculous UNSUBSTANTIATED nonsense but keep talking and I'll pull a collection of your bullschit you've posted that will shut you up, alright??

Ollie- You mean the same Kostya(one of my favs I might add since these types of discussion regurgitate into who someone likes vs who they don't) that quit on his stool against Hatton?? Dude, there is NO DOUBT that at that time (selective memory is mutherfucker) FLOYD and KOSTYA were going to meet up. Floyd was setting up for his first PPV with Gatti and all Kostya had to do was BEAT Ricky Hatton and "I" thought he was gonna destroy him. But what happened?? Now lets pull from the archives.

The Mayweather camp also had conversations with handlers for former junior welterweight champ Kostya Tszyu, who hasn't fought since losing his title to Ricky Hatton 14 months ago. Those talks, however, quickly died when it became apparent that Tszyu wasn't going to fight for the rest of the year.

That was AFTER the Hatton fight but trust guaranteed. Before Floyd was on his O$car search (and there's nothing wrong with cha$ing MONEY fight$ because EVERY boxer doe$ it) that was the fight that was going to happen at 140lb. Anyways thought, the above is a quote on the heels of his fight with Baldomir (yet another REAL welterweight albeit nowhere near as skilled but he's definitely indeed fought BIGGER men. But then the excuse is he wasn't a deadly puncher. smirking)

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=2549586

The Freitas fight you mentioned,lol. Not lucrative and do you really think Accelino had a snowballs chance in HELL against Floyd?? Believe all those stories of Hatton (Matthew), Quintana, Paulie, Bradley, Campbell and whomever else you want. Thats just for you suckers that will bite off of EVERY line of bait there is to keep the discussions flowing.

NEXT!!!

These are WAY too easy..
MarzB
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 31 2010, 03:10 AM) *
Fouckin' shit! Gayweather again called the radio station and bashed Pacquiao. Can't he sell his upcoming fight again without using Pac's name like when he and GBP used it with Juan Manuel Marquez. Geez.

Maybe we should make a sig bet for the number of times GBP and Gayweather will mention the name Pacquiao to promote the fight. And to think they have been sued already. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

If this is the extent that you need to go to fine. I'll trump that and say that Pac vs. Clottey doesn't do a milion buys. You want that one?? That has nothing to do with Mayweather, Mosley, GBP, Oscar, Schaefer etc??
gbh32001
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 31 2010, 11:55 AM) *
I don't know if they are excuses Marz. I would definately call them factors. When trying to pick who wins a fight I try to look at all the factors of who will win and why. Do I think the inactivity will hurt the older Mosley more than Floyd? Yeah my guess would be probably. Hopkins aside we've seen a sharp decline in many fighters almost 'overnight' when they get past 35, 36.

But I've also said I pick Floyd coz I just think he's a little bit better than Mosley. His defence is tighter, he's got a better jab, he's got more speed etc, he's just all around 5-10% (at least in my opinion) better package than Shane.

Why do these things have to be called excuses? Don't you consider any of them factors? Man anyone who dare questions Floyd's greatness you start acting like a woman with a period.
clapping.gif This one cracks me up!LOL!
torvix2000
Shut up Marz! I'm saying fouck to those who use Ellerbe's statements to defend Gayflower and I cited an example.

I also cited how GBP and Gayweather marketed the Marquez fight as if Pacquiao was fighting a royal rumble with them 3 in the ring.

And they will use Pacquiao's name again and again.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 31 2010, 03:13 AM) *
Shut the fuck up ok?? Seriously this post above is clearly the sign of desperation or OUT of arguments. So you want Floyd straight out of sabatical to fight Pacquiao when Pacquiao was already signed to fight Hatton two months prior. Now you're just posting stupidly.

was Shane NOT old then?? Or did he just become 38 overnite??

Your entire post was great but I had to get this part. EXACTLY.

Oh and to Byrdman as usual you can't make your own points when confronted you'll piggyback other ridiculous UNSUBSTANTIATED nonsense but keep talking and I'll pull a collection of your bullschit you've posted that will shut you up, alright??

Ollie- You mean the same Kostya(one of my favs I might add since these types of discussion regurgitate into who someone likes vs who they don't) that quit on his stool against Hatton?? Dude, there is NO DOUBT that at that time (selective memory is mutherfucker) FLOYD and KOSTYA were going to meet up. Floyd was setting up for his first PPV with Gatti and all Kostya had to do was BEAT Ricky Hatton and "I" thought he was gonna destroy him. But what happened?? Now lets pull from the archives.

That was AFTER the Hatton fight but trust guaranteed. Before Floyd was on his O$car search (and there's nothing wrong with cha$ing MONEY fight$ because EVERY boxer doe$ it) that was the fight that was going to happen at 140lb. Anyways thought, the above is a quote on the heels of his fight with Baldomir (yet another REAL welterweight albeit nowhere near as skilled but he's definitely indeed fought BIGGER men. But then the excuse is he wasn't a deadly puncher. smirking)

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=2549586

The Freitas fight you mentioned,lol. Not lucrative and do you really think Accelino had a snowballs chance in HELL against Floyd?? Believe all those stories of Hatton (Matthew), Quintana, Paulie, Bradley, Campbell and whomever else you want. Thats just for you suckers that will bite off of EVERY line of bait there is to keep the discussions flowing.

NEXT!!!

These are WAY too easy..

OK Marz if Freitas was gonna be so easy then why not fight him and clean out the division? He did after all promise to fight him. He didn't have a chance? Oh and guys like Gatti and Brussels did? Like JMM did? Shit you want a tune-up? Go fight a fucking WW like Cintron for example rather than picking on piss drinking midgets.

So Kostya quit on stool against Hatton, not a good look agreed but why didn't he fight Tszyu before the Hatton fight? Shoot I'd even have settled on your hero fighting Casamayor on his way up, yeah Manny ducked him too laugh.gif

Baldomir for sure he's a real welterweight, he's also a real bum who got lucky one night. So fucking what, are you SERIOUSLY trying to pump up the Baldy fight as a decent win? Man you really do like the junk Floyd is selling. Shoot the way he fought Blady that night you'd have think he mixed him up with Carlos Monzon. If your that gullible can I interest you in a timeshare lovely Equitorial Guinea?

This is all too easy for you? Yes you indeed are EASILY proving yourself to be a delusional fruitcake with a giant man crush on Pretty Boy Floyd.
lloyd mayflower
Floyds nuthuggers (please notice I mention no names) have to some of the most blinkered, awkward, obnoxious, vitriolic and stubborn sports fans iv ever encountered.

Just an observation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.