Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 31 2010, 05:22 AM) *
Floyds nuthuggers (please notice I mention no names) have to some of the most blinkered, awkward, obnoxious, vitriolic and stubborn sports fans iv ever encountered.

Just an observation.

Lloyd I feel for you mate your boy Murray is being taken to the cleaners. (Your observations would be mainly correct though.)
lloyd mayflower
I know im listening to it at work. I called a straight sets win for Fed so im not that surprised. Could get competitive if he takes the third. Hes another perennial loser tho.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 31 2010, 12:13 AM) *
Oh and to Byrdman as usual you can't make your own points when confronted you'll piggyback other ridiculous UNSUBSTANTIATED nonsense but keep talking and I'll pull a collection of your bullschit you've posted that will shut you up, alright??

ha ha ha ha. You're awesome, man.

You can pull everything I've EVER posted on here, and I stand by whatever I've said. You're not going to shut me up because you post up something I wrote, and you disagree with it. How fucking arrogant are you?

IT'S MY OPINION!!!! Get the fuck over it. Jesus, what's wrong with you? You act like everytime someone disses floyd, that they're dissing YOU. You act like he's your damn boyfriend or something.

Stop feeling as if you have to defend his honor. He WANTS people to not like him. So stop preventing people from doing what your boy wants.
D-MARV
This thread is Classic! LOL... Marz don''t waste you're time with these guys. They are full blown Floyd Haters or Full blown Pac CUM Lovers... The bottomline is this... The SECOND best fight in the sport will happen on May 1st. The winner will be the undisputed Welterweight champ. As I said all along, Floyd DOES NOT need Pacquiao. Im just glad that Shane finally gets a pay day.

Oh... LMAO at people giving me shit for quoting Ellerbe then they turn around and quote Michael "I want to have Pac's Child" Marley... LOL
gbh32001
I know for sure that Mosley-Mayweather is a done deal and Mosley signed the contract,but can anybody here confirm that Floyd already sign the contract too? no2.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 31 2010, 12:36 PM) *
This thread is Classic! LOL... Marz don''t waste you're time with these guys. They are full blown Floyd Haters or Full blown Pac CUM Lovers... The bottomline is this... The SECOND best fight in the sport will happen on May 1st. The winner will be the undisputed Welterweight champ. As I said all along, Floyd DOES NOT need Pacquiao. Im just glad that Shane finally gets a pay day.

Oh... LMAO at people giving me shit for quoting Ellerbe then they turn around and quote Michael "I want to have Pac's Child" Marley... LOL

LOL! Why is he still whining and bashing and blaming Pac and using Pac's name. If he shuts his mouth up, then I'd believe you. Deal?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 31 2010, 02:23 PM) *
LOL! Why is he still whining and bashing and blaming Pac and using Pac's name. If he shuts his mouth up, then I'd believe you. Deal?

Have you just discovered the button to make text bigger in the last couple of weeks?
torvix2000
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 31 2010, 02:40 PM) *
Have you just discovered the button to make text bigger in the last couple of weeks?

Yup!
Spyder
laugh.gif

I'm starting to think that Torvix's parents don't know what he's doing on the family computer.
lloyd mayflower
At least hes not gettin groomed, although I cant rule out if hes doin some grromin
Douchebag
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 31 2010, 12:04 AM) *
Come on, their stand is a TREMENDOUS deal and no one denied Shane's boxing acumen. Collazo is a good fighter. I personally like him a lot but he is no where NEAR on the any stratosphere comparable to Mayweather. He doesn't move as well, he's not nearly as good defensively, he's not quick. He's a good boxer with solid fundamentals but he's no where in the league with Floyd thats why I'm scoffing at the comparison. Thats like me saying because Floyd dominated Gatti (a flat footed fighter which Shane often is) he'll do the same to Mosley.

I'll say it again. If Shane has problems with Mayorga's predicable, girly'ish right hand, wait till he sees Mayweather's missile of a straight right.

I never said that he would dominate Floyd, I simply brought it to say the Shane does have the ability to deal with a pure boxer. It's not out of the question, in fact I think that Floyd is going to be the one in trouble dealing with a guy who is skilled, bigger, stronger, tougher, and in incredible shape.
KookedKrack
Shane vs. Floyd>>>Manny vs. Floyd

with that said, WAR! Mosley. smile_anim.gif
MarzB
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 31 2010, 05:20 AM) *
OK Marz if Freitas was gonna be so easy then why not fight him and clean out the division? He did after all promise to fight him. He didn't have a chance? Oh and guys like Gatti and Brussels did? Like JMM did? Shit you want a tune-up? Go fight a fucking WW like Cintron for example rather than picking on piss drinking midgets.

So Kostya quit on stool against Hatton, not a good look agreed but why didn't he fight Tszyu before the Hatton fight? Shoot I'd even have settled on your hero fighting Casamayor on his way up, yeah Manny ducked him too laugh.gif

Baldomir for sure he's a real welterweight, he's also a real bum who got lucky one night. So fucking what, are you SERIOUSLY trying to pump up the Baldy fight as a decent win? Man you really do like the junk Floyd is selling. Shoot the way he fought Blady that night you'd have think he mixed him up with Carlos Monzon. If your that gullible can I interest you in a timeshare lovely Equitorial Guinea?

This is all too easy for you? Yes you indeed are EASILY proving yourself to be a delusional fruitcake with a giant man crush on Pretty Boy Floyd.

Stylez I got to because they make it TOO easy.

So Kostya quit on stool against Hatton, not a good look agreed but why didn't he fight Tszyu before the Hatton fight?

First of all in 2003 Kostya was injured in 2003 and most of four when he signed for his rematch with Mitchell. After the Mitchell fight, Ricky Hatton's team targeted Kostya . Simultaneously when Floyd was on TOP RANK, they were trying to set the stage for a fight with Gatti which would have been Floyd's first PPV which he was seeking. FACT!!

Also if you want to speculate even more why the fight didn't happen at the time, Floyd was HBO and Kostya was with Showtime. I love when you guys mentioned Brusseles because everyone that doesn't harbor any biases KNOWS that was a TUNE UP fight for his Gatti pay per view. No different than Gatti fighting Leija. What is so hard for you to understand that there are schedule mismatches along with how lucrative fights are that sometimes makes fights tough to make?? I know it's convenient and EASY to be lazy and say, "he's ducking so and so".

After Floyd fought Gatti and Ricky Hatton along with Cotto DIDN'T want to fight at the time Floyd decided to move up to welterweight and set the stage for a showdown with then linear champ Zab Judah. It's not Floyd's fault that Zab lost to Baldomir but hey, the fight was still marketable and he eventually fought Baldomir. "But why did he avoid Margarito".

I've explained this a THOUSAND times and it seems to NOT sink in but try as I must, I'll do it again. So we're at 2006 now right?? Ironically this is the same year when Mosley was questioned about Maweather and he needed to get some sun and see the dentist right? Got it. But also this Margarito fool emerges. At that point, the Mayweather camp was single minded focused on a DLH fight. It would be a financial bonanza. Especially after DLH looked very impressive over his win over Mayorga right?? SAme year mind you. But the DARK HORSE, that great puncher, Tijuana Tornado emerges but one problem. Who the hell wants to see that in comparison to a DLH fight. If you recall DLH and Mayweather were POTENTIALLY supposed to meet that NOVEMBER but DLH wife was having a baby.

Turns out, Arum hadn't fully paid Floyd for the Judah & Gatti fights (and he openly admits this). Let me dig out a source.
"There's no question we owe him some money," Arum said. "There's no dispute there. But he owes us a lot of money, and the people he's involved with owe us even more. After 98% of the money we owed him was paid, we stopped paying him for a reason.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2008/03

Additionally when Floyd and Oscar were talking about their pending fight Oscar wanted NOTHING to do with Top Rank. This is when Floyd bought out his Top Rank deal for $750. Now suddenly Arum comes with the great $8 million dollar offer for(who) Margarito. The belt meant zilch and most of all he'd be dealing with a promoter who hadn't payed him prior, so why should he believe he would then?? Plus it could jeopardize his fight with DLH due to the options. Also, Dan Goosen was offering MORE along with a PPV upside in the Baldomir fight. Weight those facts, linear champ, more money and still the freedom to fight DLH. The choice is EASY.

If you're wondering why after the DLH fight he didn't make it with Mosley and Cotto and Margarito. Margarito as signed for paul williams and Mosley and Cotto already signed. See it's not hard to put the puzzles. It all comes down to what other posters have mentioned and what I double standards.

MarzB
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 31 2010, 01:57 AM) *
Listen, point blank period Floyd is fighting the man that is regarded as the top ww. Couple months ago yall was up here saying how Floyd was scared and so fuckin terrified when Shane walked in the ring.. was Shane NOT old then?? Or did he just become 38 overnite??? Help me out here.. yall say he scared of the man b/c of what he did to Margo, now he's fighting the man and all of a sudden hes "too old".. 6 months ago I didnt see anybody on this damn website say ANYTHING about Shane being out of his prime nor his age.. all I read was how Floyd was scared to fight a real welter.. he would never fight Shane hes too scared he would lose he only fight smaller fighters blah blah blah.. NOWWWWW for some odd reason.. we wanna discuss "factors" about how Shane is old and he had a layoff.. as if Shane is not the primary reason why these guys havent fought yet in the first place!

I'm just re quoting again because this truly hits the nail on the head..
torvix2000
Ho: Floyd avoided top fighters in the welterweight division.
Ha: Floyd didn't avoid the top fighters.

After, using SPSS 18 (now PASW Statistics after acquisition by IBM), I got a p-value = 0.631.

p-value > 0.05, therefore, there is no sufficient evidence to reject the null hypothesis (Ho).
MarzB
The past is the past and you can slant it however you like. The FACT is he's NOW fighting the man who most regard as the TOP WELTER now.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 31 2010, 10:31 AM) *

So Kostya quit on stool against Hatton, not a good look agreed but why didn't he fight Tszyu before the Hatton fight?

First of all in 2003 Kostya was injured in 2003 and most of four when he signed for his rematch with Mitchell. After the Mitchell fight, Ricky Hatton's team targeted Kostya . Simultaneously when Floyd was on TOP RANK, they were trying to set the stage for a fight with Gatti which would have been Floyd's first PPV which he was seeking. FACT!!

Also if you want to speculate even more why the fight didn't happen at the time, Floyd was HBO and Kostya was with Showtime. I love when you guys mentioned Brusseles because everyone that doesn't harbor any biases KNOWS that was a TUNE UP fight for his Gatti pay per view. No different than Gatti fighting Leija. What is so hard for you to understand that there are schedule mismatches along with how lucrative fights are that sometimes makes fights tough to make?? I know it's convenient and EASY to be lazy and say, "he's ducking so and so".

After Floyd fought Gatti and Ricky Hatton along with Cotto DIDN'T want to fight at the time Floyd decided to move up to welterweight and set the stage for a showdown with then linear champ Zab Judah. It's not Floyd's fault that Zab lost to Baldomir but hey, the fight was still marketable and he eventually fought Baldomir. "But why did he avoid Margarito".

I've explained this a THOUSAND times and it seems to NOT sink in but try as I must, I'll do it again. So we're at 2006 now right?? Ironically this is the same year when Mosley was questioned about Maweather and he needed to get some sun and see the dentist right? Got it. But also this Margarito fool emerges. At that point, the Mayweather camp was single minded focused on a DLH fight. It would be a financial bonanza. Especially after DLH looked very impressive over his win over Mayorga right?? SAme year mind you. But the DARK HORSE, that great puncher, Tijuana Tornado emerges but one problem. Who the hell wants to see that in comparison to a DLH fight. If you recall DLH and Mayweather were POTENTIALLY supposed to meet that NOVEMBER but DLH wife was having a baby.

Turns out, Arum hadn't fully paid Floyd for the Judah & Gatti fights (and he openly admits this). Let me dig out a source.

Additionally when Floyd and Oscar were talking about their pending fight Oscar wanted NOTHING to do with Top Rank. This is when Floyd bought out his Top Rank deal for $750. Now suddenly Arum comes with the great $8 million dollar offer for(who) Margarito. The belt meant zilch and most of all he'd be dealing with a promoter who hadn't payed him prior, so why should he believe he would then?? Plus it could jeopardize his fight with DLH due to the options. Also, Dan Goosen was offering MORE along with a PPV upside in the Baldomir fight. Weight those facts, linear champ, more money and still the freedom to fight DLH. The choice is EASY.

If you're wondering why after the DLH fight he didn't make it with Mosley and Cotto and Margarito. Margarito as signed for paul williams and Mosley and Cotto already signed. See it's not hard to put the puzzles. It all comes down to what other posters have mentioned and what I double standards.

Great post marz... unfortunately they will still not get it.
Spyder
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 31 2010, 10:46 AM) *
Ho: Floyd avoided top fighters in the welterweight division.
Ha: Floyd didn't avoid the top fighters.

After, using SPSS 18 (now PASW Statistics after acquisition by IBM), I got a p-value = 0.631.

p-value > 0.05, therefore, there is no sufficient evidence to reject the null hypothesis (Ho).

laugh.gif

Seriously man, what in the hell are you talking about?

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 31 2010, 04:16 PM) *

What i dont get is the blinkered obssesive love and insatiable desire to try and prove other people opinions wrong. Why cant you just leave us to hate him and attempt to shoot down everything he does? Thats what i would do with an arrogant selfish arsehole in any other walk of life so thats what il do with Floyd.

I'd be prepared to bet that as far as spendin money (I know that shit matters to Floyd fans since its all he cares about) iv blown more than most in 3 trips to Vegas to see Ricky Hatton fighting and one to NY to see Calzaghe fighting, but do you see me attack the bait like a shark on speed everytime (and there are plenty) someone shits on those two?

I accept the points, like Calzaghes legacy is overrated, and Ricky isnt much of a boxer and needs to get a grip of himself in between fights.

And by the way, IMO, Floyd and Calzaghe are pretty comparable, two guys, both obsessed with their "0", except Floyd had his meaningful fights at the start then became a fucking fraud, Calzaghe was a fraud who took meaningful fights toward the end.

neophyte7
There is nothing fraudulent about Mayweather vs Mosley. Mosley is the top dog in the division. he crushed Margarito against all odds. This is a stiff challenge and great matchup.
tymoney
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 31 2010, 10:31 AM) *

You know whats funny, is how everytime you speak facts people respond to you by calling you Floyd boyfriend and why you love him so much, but yet no one is really debating the facts here.. LOL WTF.. dont wast your time with these Floyd haters are pathetic.. No matter how much sense you make you're still wrong b/c you supporting public enemy # 1! And we're not supposed to be realistic, we're supposed to discuss a bunch of pointless bullshit to discredit Floyd, although it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Floyd is fighting the man that yall claim he would NEVER fight, regardless of age/layoff. Im still tryna find out how a man could have so much hate and dislike for another man that he never met a day in his life. B/c ima fan of the guy, Im tryna be his boyfriend and im gullible, etc. Fuck outta here Lol.
Spyder
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 31 2010, 02:13 PM) *
You know whats funny, is how everytime you speak facts people respond to you by calling you Floyd boyfriend and why you love him so much, but yet no one is really debating the facts here.. LOL WTF.. dont wast your time with these Floyd haters are pathetic.. No matter how much sense you make you're still wrong b/c you supporting public enemy # 1! And we're not supposed to be realistic, we're supposed to discuss a bunch of pointless bullshit to discredit Floyd, although it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Floyd is fighting the man that yall claim he would NEVER fight, regardless of age/layoff. Im still tryna find out how a man could have so much hate and dislike for another man that he never met a day in his life. B/c ima fan of the guy, Im tryna be his boyfriend and im gullible, etc. Fuck outta here Lol.

I think it's the whole..."defending the jizz inside another man's nuts"...that's brought upon the boyfriend comments.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jan 31 2010, 11:31 AM) *

everyone that doesn't harbor any biases KNOWS that was a TUNE UP fight for his Gatti pay per view. No different than Gatti fighting Leija. What is so hard for you to understand that there are schedule mismatches along with how lucrative fights are that sometimes makes fights tough to make?? I know it's convenient and EASY to be lazy and say, "he's ducking so and so".

So Floyd the master boxer needed a TUNE-UP to face the ever dangerous CLUB fighter Gatti??????????? The guy who went life and death with [i]Micky Ward
? Ha ha ha ha, now Marz you got me rolling on the floor with this one. That is by far your funniest work ever. Noticed you didn't address the Casamayor or Freitas questions and THEN you go on to rant about Cotto and Margarito. When have I mentioned them on this thread? Classic diversion tactics, did your boyfriend teach you that when you were over for make-out sessions at his Vegas crib??

And now he will be selling the Mosley fight hard, a guy he has previously dismissed as not worth fighting coz he's got 5 losses on his career card. Well I guess when you've got nowhere else to go and you find yourself flat broke taking handouts from Fishnets and Haymon then suddenly 5 losses is acceptable!!

Lets face it your boy talks a lot of shit and the last third of his career has seen him fighting mediocre opponents at best, happy that just because he is undefeated against a string of bums he can proclaim himself better than Ray Robinson.

I for one am happy that Floyd has found himself in the shithouse coz it means he'll actually have to make a relevant fight for the first time in like a decade. See the IRS are useful for some things laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 31 2010, 11:16 AM) *

I've got one question for you and i'll ask it of Ty as well.

Do you like Floyd's choice of opponents over the last decade?

Just answer me yes or no. Because it really is as simple at that.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 31 2010, 02:13 PM) *

Ty I just asked XXXX the same question:

Just answer me yes or no. Because it really is as simple at that. Do you think they are fights that will add to his legacy the same way his early fights with the likes of Manfredy, Diego, Castillo will?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 31 2010, 05:14 PM) *
Agreed with your post, though I'm not sure about the bolded part. The winner will be considered the best welter weight, but I'm not sure either will be undisputed. Mayweather was undisputed champion, but he retired so all this fight is, is who is the top fighter at 147, though I don't think it's a fight for the undisputed title.

My badd, I thought when Mosley beat Margarito he was considered the undisputed champion? I may be wrong though...

Either way, I think it's say to say that Mosley is recognized by most as "THE MAN" of the division.
salvador
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 PM) *
Either way, I think it's say to say that Mosley is recognized by most as "THE MAN" of the division.

I think Paul Williams would disagree.
tymoney
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 31 2010, 04:56 PM) *
Ty I just asked XXXX the same question:

Just answer me yes or no. Because it really is as simple at that. Do you think they are fights that will add to his legacy the same way his early fights with the likes of Manfredy, Diego, Castillo will?

Yep! I see nothing wrong with his choice of opponents. We can debate all night on why he havent fought certain guys yet, but Marz already broke that down so its no need for me to get into that. AND..... ill say it again.. hes now fighting the guy that everyone said he was so scared to face. So what are we talking bout? Is he not fighting Shane on May 1st? Did you and everybody else not say that Floyd would never fight Shane? Answer me this, how come these factors about layoff/age was never mentioned couple months ago when Floyd looked pass Shane? Whats up with all this damn pity for Shane? Did this man not use steroids? Oh but we gon pretend that didnt happen when discussing a man "legacy" just as long it isnt Floyd we talking bout, then we can look pass it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 31 2010, 05:56 PM) *
Yep! I see nothing wrong with his choice of opponents. We can debate all night on why he havent fought certain guys yet, but Marz already broke that down so its no need for me to get into that. AND..... ill say it again.. hes now fighting the guy that everyone said he was so scared to face. So what are we talking bout? Is he not fighting Shane on May 1st? Did you and everybody else not say that Floyd would never fight Shane? Answer me this, how come these factors about layoff/age was never mentioned couple months ago when Floyd looked pass Shane? Whats up with all this damn pity for Shane? Did this man not use steroids? Oh but we gon pretend that didnt happen when discussing a man "legacy" just as long it isnt Floyd we talking bout, then we can look pass it.

Ty if you don't see anything wrong with Floyd's choice of opponents and really believe that he has made the most relevant fights possible in the last 10 years then mate we have nothing to talk about coz you and I will never agree. Notice I've always been complimentary about his early career, his choices were faultless but for me I can't stomach the crap he's made us endure since he's gone up in weight.

No I don't believe I've ever said Floyd would never face face Shane, so I'm not sure where you got that one from. I've always said he would prefer not to face Shane and I believe that is still the case. I think if Floyd could've made an easier fight for the same money he would've taken it.

The age/factors etc were not discussed a couple of months ago because frankly I was talking Pac/PBF and Mosley/Berto a couple of months ago. Now the fight has been signed and sealed in a short space of time then yeah lets sit down and now discuss how it may play out, what are the advantages and disadvantages for each guy.

I don't have any pity for Shane I think he's done OK for himself laugh.gif Yes the man did use steroids and it has tarnished his legacy. I've always been pretty firm on the line that I don't buy the whole "I didn't know" B.S that Shane coughed up as an excuse. Feel free to loook up my position on this.

I guess the reason I like Shane is that he takes fights that your man Floyd wouldn't take in a million years. He took Winky (and PBF definately did not take the Winkster up on his offer to fight at 147) and Forrest, 2 guys that I seriously doubt PBF would've ever been interested in getting in the ring with. And yes he took Marg at a time when nobody (Floyd included) wanted to face him. Sure he exploded the Marg myth and hindsight is 20/20 but at the time many people thought Shane, especially coming off that dreadful performance against Mayo, was nuts to take that fight with Marg.

The dude takes fights, pretty much anyone anywhere and that's why he gets the kudos in my books.

Look I'm happy that Floyd has been forced into taking this fight, a genuine WW fightto me far and away Floyd's best opponent since Castillo, was does that tell you?
torvix2000
"I believe this fight he got pushed into because the Pacquiao fight fell out, so he got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it." Shane Mosley from interview with Fanhouse.

Shane is correct in this assessment. Mayweather really didn’t want to fight Mosley. However, I’m beginning to think that Mayweather doesn’t really want to fight anyone. I think he would rather create the illusion that he’ll fight all the best fighters in his weight class, but in the end, he won’t. If Mayweather truly wanted to fight Mosley then why all the hesitations, delays in contract signing, and a rematch clause?

You can pick apart and defend against a single or a few arguments about Floyd. But shucks! When statistics come into play, Floyd's chicken run is significant.
torvix2000
Fouck also the rematch clause in this case!!! Only in this case!!! Another statistics data sample for Floyd nuthuggers.

Surely, everybody knows the implications of that rematch clause should Mosley wins. And if Floyd nuthuggers will say, no way Mosley wins, then why the rematch clause in the first place.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 1 2010, 12:06 AM) *
Get over it torvix. Who cares about rematch clauses. Mosley has used them before against Wright and Forrest.

I said, "in this case". I emphasized it. Mosley wins and everybody would love to see him against Pacquiao with or without steroids. I'd prefer them both juicing up to the max to eradicate any doubts about the level playing field. USADA can make sure that their steroids level are both off the charts. LOL!
D-MARV
Floyd is SMART! this is a WIN WIN situation for him...

He doesn't get the 40 million dollar pay day in Pacquiao so he signs to fight Mosley and will likely get 20+ million.

If he wins, He'll likely get the 40 million dollard payday with Pac. If he loses he'll get his 20 million dollars plus another 20 million for the rematch. LOL Rematch Clause is BRILLANT. That also means that Pacquiao aint fighting Shane anytime soon, even if Mosley beats Mayweather.
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 31 2010, 05:41 PM) *
I think Paul Williams would disagree.

As much as I love PWill, he has no business at 147. He has plenty of work in 154 and 160.
JD
Good chance Arum tells Floyd to go eff himself...he is basically going to make the Pac fight on Pac's terms, or they will make Pacquiao - Margarito. Floyd can fight Mosley, beat him, and would probably have to fight one of Haymon's other fighters in Williams or Berto if he wants something significant at 147.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 31 2010, 05:54 PM) *
I've got one question for you and i'll ask it of Ty as well.

Just answer me yes or no. Because it really is as simple at that.

Marz already pointed out why some of the "perceived threats" are not on Floyds resume so I don't feel the need to go over it again. However, with that said, I do believe Floyd has added to his legacy over the last 10 years and to call guys like De La Hoya, Hatton, Judah, Marquez, Castillo, Corrales & soon to be Mosley bums is very disrespectful towards the sport of boxing.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 31 2010, 06:14 PM) *
Agreed with your post, though I'm not sure about the bolded part. The winner will be considered the best welter weight, but I'm not sure either will be undisputed. Mayweather was undisputed champion, but he retired so all this fight is, is who is the top fighter at 147, though I don't think it's a fight for the undisputed title.

Mosley should have been awarded the Undisputed Championship when he beat Margarito, but for some reason he wasn't. I never understood that one. Also...Mosley was the #1 welterweight until Pacman beat Cotto and then they moved him to #2 which I didnt understand either.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 31 2010, 09:53 PM) *
Marz already pointed out why some of the "perceived threats" are not on Floyds resume so I don't feel the need to go over it again. However, with that said, I do believe Floyd has added to his legacy over the last 10 years and to call guys like De La Hoya, Hatton, Judah, Marquez, Castillo, Corrales & soon to be Mosley bums is very disrespectful towards the sport of boxing.

Re-read my post, I applauded Floyd for taking the Castillo, Corrales and Mosley fights.

De la Hoya was in my opinion semi-retired and NOWHERE near his peak. Fatton had already been beat (in my mind) by Collazzo at 147 and yes I think he is a bum anyway. And Judah is so hot and cold and someone I'd hardly be prepared to put in the great category. Maybe slightly better than a bum but not much.

JMM? C'mon man the catch-weight they fought at was ridiculous. If you think these are 'legacy adding' fights than fine, but I just don't see it myself.
Byrd Man
No Matter What You Read About Floyd vs. Shane, It’s NOT Signed, Sealed Or Delivered

By William Trillo

I don’t know why so many websites & newspapers want to trick you to read their premature news breaker about Floyd vs.Shane being a done deal because as everyone including those writers know the fight is not officially official. Yet one look at their headlines and you want to start making reservations for the first weekend of May in Las Vegas.

A perfect example of this smoke and mirror journalism can be found on Yahoo’s boxing main page. A quick click on that page on Saturday night and you will see a smiling Shane Mosley with the caption on the picture reading, Fight’s On. Click on the picture and you are directed to an article with the headline: Contract signed: Mosley-Mayweather set for May 1. The second paragraph of the article penned by boxing staple Kevin Iole reads: Earlier in the day, Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe said that a deal had been agreed upon, as reported Thursday by Yahoo! Sports and that contracts were being drawn up. Ellerbe said Mayweather would sign the deal as soon as it was ready.

Wait a minute?

Mayweather would sign the deal as soon as it was ready?

In other words…The Fight is NOT On! Mosley-Mayweather is NOT Set for May 1!

Apparently the premature announcement is more contagious than The H1N1 virus and it is spreading twice as fast as that AKA Swine Flu. Similar headlines can be found across the World Wide Web:

Mayweather and Mosley agree to May 1 super fight

Mayweather, Mosley set to fight

Report: Mosley, Mayweather reach terms

And then every article gets about 2 sentences in before they note, “Mayweather has yet to sign his own deal agreement, but Burstein said he has been assured by the boxer’s lead advisor, Leonard Ellerbe, that the signature would come sometime “in the next two days.”

C’mon guys! Have you not seen this act before? As I recall it was in the not too distant past we were told Floyd was ready to fight before the crap hit the fan and that proposed “Set Fight” imploded.

Now I am sure all of you guys have way better sources than I do and I know you all have a much better education than yours truly as well. But with all those sources and that great education what you have failed to learn is that nothing is official when it comes to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Quite frankly, I hope you guys are right! I hope that Mayweather and Mosley do square off in the ring on May 1st. Nothing would make me happier than to see Shane bouncing leather off Pretty Boy’s face. On the other hand, nothing would make some of you happier than to see Floyd Jr. outclass Mosley and prove he is Pound4Pound on the top of the list of boxings best in recent years.

After a year that has started off with more fight cancellations than I can remember everyone in boxing, especially the fans, need a fight like this to come to it’s fruition.

But my short tem memory still works semi-decently and as I recall we were all led to believe that Pacquiao vs. Mayweather was agreed to in principle and was all but done last year. Well, it’s 2010 now and Manny is fighting Joshua Clottey on March 13th because of Maywether’s drug testing demands. So until we see Floyd Jr. standing in a ring in Las Vegas directly across from “Sugar” Shane this fight is not etched in granite….period….end of discussion.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 31 2010, 06:38 PM) *
Thanks for the article, wet blanket rolleyes_anim.gif

lol

hey I'd love for this fight to come off, but as I said before (and he said in that article) until they're in the ring, and the bell goes off, I'm not buying it. Burned too many times in the past with fights falling apart when they were supposedly a done deal.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 31 2010, 10:17 PM) *
Why so? Mosley should never have been awarded the undisputed status, he hasn't been awarded that status and rightly so. You can only become undisputed two ways. You either rack up 3 of the 4 titles yourself, or beat the man who is undisputed.
Considering Mosley only holds one of the 4 titles, and Mosley, Cotto or Margarito were never undisputed or has never beaten a fighter who was undisputed there is absolutely no way that he should be considered undisputed champion. I have no idea how Mosley could be awarded the undisputed status.

I'm going off Ring magazine. When Mosley fought Margarito, Mosley was #3 and Margarito was #1. According to The Ring, in some instances a Champion will be recognized when a #1 fights a #3, but in this instance it wasn't and I never understood why.
JD
You're talking about the Ring Magazine title...not the undisputed title.

Margarito - Mosley was actually not for the Ring Magazine title.
Byrd Man
Can someone clue me in to what Floyd's referring to here?

What people don't know right now, it's a fighter right now out here in Las Vegas. He's in the hospital right now. His hospital bill is all the way up to a million dollars. All the way up to a million dollars. He took some head shots and the guy that he fought, we don't know what the guy was on because he only had to take a urine test. Now if he was to take a blood test, then that guy may not even be in the hospital because you don't know what the guy was taking. I'm not saying he was taking nothing, but we just don't know.

What is that all about? Cause if he's just throwing accusations out just for the fuck of it, that's messed up. If I was that fighter that won, and Floyd's running his mouth throwing out accusations, I'd be wanting to either fuck him up or find some dudes who will do it for 10 grand, you know?

If he has no proof or anything, which he says he doesn't and he's just throwing out an accusation like that, that's the most reckless thing I've ever heard.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 31 2010, 09:41 PM) *
lol

hey I'd love for this fight to come off, but as I said before (and he said in that article) until they're in the ring, and the bell goes off, I'm not buying it. Burned too many times in the past with fights falling apart when they were supposedly a done deal.

What was the point of the article?

I heard both Floyd and Shane say with their own lips that the fight is done and that's all I need to hear. So you can take that article and shove it up you're hatin ass.

BIOTCH!

threaten.gif
Byrd Man
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 31 2010, 06:49 PM) *
What was the point of the article?

I heard both Floyd and Shane say with their own lips that the fight is done and that's all I need to hear. So you can take that article and shove it up you're hatin ass.

BIOTCH!

threaten.gif

Has Floyd SIGNED?

Did we all get told that Floyd/Pac was a DONE DEAL?

*shrugs*
D-MARV
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 31 2010, 09:51 PM) *
Has Floyd SIGNED?

Did we all get told that Floyd/Pac was a DONE DEAL?

*shrugs*

I never heard from both sides that the fight was done...

Today I heard a interview with Floyd AND Shane and both said that the fight is ON. Both sides agreed on everything... Site, Split, TESTING, Glove Size, etc.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 31 2010, 09:46 PM) *
You're talking about the Ring Magazine title...not the undisputed title.

Margarito - Mosley was actually not for the Ring Magazine title.

I understand that JD, BUT to me Undisputed means no doubt and I never understood why Ring magazine didn't recognize that fight as The Championship. Usually I agree with The Ring, but in that instance I didn't.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Jan 31 2010, 07:00 PM) *
I never heard from both sides that the fight was done...

Today I heard a interview with Floyd AND Shane and both said that the fight is ON. Both sides agreed on everything... Site, Split, TESTING, Glove Size, etc.

I hope it gets made, personally.
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 31 2010, 10:02 PM) *
I understand that JD, BUT to me Undisputed means no doubt and I never understood why Ring magazine didn't recognize that fight as The Championship. Usually I agree with The Ring, but in that instance I didn't.

I think Ring awards their title when it's vacant if a 1 and 2 fight...and in some cases, but not always, a 1 and 3. This was between and 1 and a 3, and for whatever reason, they decided not to put the vacant title on the line.

Your guess as to why is as good as mine.

As for undisputed...this fight only had the WBA belt on the line.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 31 2010, 10:04 PM) *
I think Ring awards their title when it's vacant if a 1 and 2 fight...and in some cases, but not always, a 1 and 3. This was between and 1 and a 3, and for whatever reason, they decided not to put the vacant title on the line.

Your guess as to why is as good as mine.

As for undisputed...this fight only had the WBA belt on the line.

Again, that's my point. They don't explain when they would put the title on the line when a 1 and 3 fight. Would it have to be a previous Ring champion in one of those spots to qualify? They don't really say. They leave that loophole there which is very political. As far as undisputed...I don't put much stock into holding the alphabet titles as a criteria for a Real and unquestioned Champion. There rankings are whack. I always put more stock in the Ring, but even they have question marks. Like why the Margarito-Mosley fight was not for THE Champion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.