Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 31 2010, 10:14 PM) *
Again, that's my point. They don't explain when they would put the title on the line when a 1 and 3 fight. Would it have to be a previous Ring champion in one of those spots to qualify? They don't really say. They leave that loophole there which is very political. As far as undisputed...I don't put much stock into holding the alphabet titles as a criteria for a Real and unquestioned Champion. There rankings are whack. I always put more stock in the Ring, but even they have question marks. Like why the Margarito-Mosley fight was not for THE Champion.

Well...lineage matters too when it comes to being undisputed. Having the Ring title makes you the Ring champion...not the undisputed champion.

I am not sure what has to occur for the vacant Ring title to be on the line when a 1 and a 3 fight...maybe the fight needs to involve a non-Arum fighter.
JD
It is much more difficult to become the true undisputed champion than to become the ring magazine champion.
tymoney
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 31 2010, 09:48 PM) *
Can someone clue me in to what Floyd's referring to here?

What is that all about? Cause if he's just throwing accusations out just for the fuck of it, that's messed up. If I was that fighter that won, and Floyd's running his mouth throwing out accusations, I'd be wanting to either fuck him up or find some dudes who will do it for 10 grand, you know?

If he has no proof or anything, which he says he doesn't and he's just throwing out an accusation like that, that's the most reckless thing I've ever heard.

Cmon dude, the man is just talking its called an opinion. All he saying is that the sport should be safer b/c unfortunately humans does have a tendency to cheat, fact? Yes.. He not accusing the man but reality of it is that its a possiblity that he couldve cheated.. wheres the harm in that? You reaching on this one buddy!
MarzB
This is what they do when their out of things to discuss, they invent things that aren't there. I heard that interview and I guess we should also penalize Floyd because he DARED asked us to give to HAITI continually also.

I thought he made an excellent point of how things change but when I heard that WEAK DEFENSE of "how does Floyd thinks he's bigger than the sport". I knew there's no hope in those that would utter that.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (tymoney @ Jan 31 2010, 08:07 PM) *
Cmon dude, the man is just talking its called an opinion. All he saying is that the sport should be safer b/c unfortunately humans does have a tendency to cheat, fact? Yes.. He not accusing the man but reality of it is that its a possiblity that he couldve cheated.. wheres the harm in that? You reaching on this one buddy!

Nah, fuck that. This is worse than anything he said to Pac. He's pointing to a fighter who's in the hospital, and while (as far as I'm aware of) there's been ZERO discussion of the other guy being on anything, he's just throwing out baseless accusations.

At a certain point you can't hide behind "oh that's just my opinion" when you're making slanderous accusations. This isn't someone he's got an interest in, such as Pac, where you could say he's trying to goad him into a fight, or play mind games.

This is a baseless and utterly reckless accusation.

He needs to be called out on this instead of people making excuses for him.

And it's a sad state of affairs if there is a fighter in Vegas in the hospital due to a fight, but where does Floyd get off just randomly saying "oh yeah, if that guy (the winner) had been tested for blood, then he (the loser) wouldn't be in the hospital right now"

THAT is flat out saying that his opponent took steroids. He's trying to make some kind of validation for asking Pac to take the test, and as a result he's smearing other fighters, who he doesn't have the balls to mention.

EDIT: And to put this into perspective, this is like saying, "well, if only they had tested Chavez' blood before that fight with Meldrick Taylor, Taylor's career might have been different and more successful."

Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 31 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Fuck man. I hate Mayweather as well, but can you at least still call things down the middle? He doesn't fight Shane, you bag him, he fights Shane you are still being negative about the whole fight now back to your own article that you posted.

Also for the record, I haven't seen the whole article, or don't know how much of it you posted, but based on what I read from that. He ISN'T accusing this 'mystery' guy of being a steroid user. He is simply stating that you just don't know. His whole point was that a guy could end up in hospital with serious injuries, and because of the poor quality of testing, nobody will know if steroids or anything is involved.

It's no different if the government did not want to name registered sex offenders (not saying they don't, just being hypothetical), and I say that they should name them, how do I not know that my next door neighbour isn't a sex offender? I'm not suggesting that my neigbour is an offender, my point is that you don't know who is and who isn't.
Like I said, not sure how much of the article is posted, but if that's all it is, stop taking things out of context and be negative about the whole thing. You aren't happy about him fighting Mosley now, so who RIGHT now at this point would make you happy?

This isn't about my dislike of Mayweather. This is about someone making an accusation like that out of the fucking blue. Even with Pac, while I disagree with that whole thing, at least you could point to his ascension in weight and power, and say "well that looks weird".

This, there's no names being mentioned, and he's simply continuing to bring Pac's name into a conversation trying to convince the world that he was in the right. I'm not debating whether or not he was right in calling for blood testing with Pac. I've said before that I have zero problem with them making blood testing mandatory for all fighters.

But seriously. Does that not strike you as kinda off the wall that he would make that comment?

Not about Pac, Not about Shane, not about someone he's got an interest in, but just pulling it out of his ass, and pointing to a fighter who was put in the hospital and saying "well, if we had tested the other guy, he wouldn't be in the hospital right now"

That's not making any questions, that's flat out saying that that guy's in the hospital quite possibly because the other guy wasn't blood tested, in essence saying that other guy was on something. Because if they tested him, then they wouldn't have let him fight. How else would the end result be different? I don't think it's the same as the sex offender analogy you used.

I respect your opinions on things, Fitz, so if you think that there's nothing wrong with what he said, I'll accept your thoughts there. You don't seem to be an over the top Floyd fan, so unlike others on here I'd respect your thoughts, knowing it's not just blind endorsing of Floyd.

And this isn't blind hatred or anything on my part. I read that and I was shocked that someone would say that, whether it's Floyd, or Pac, or Chris fucking Byrd, my reaction would be the same.

And Fitz, the comment was in his interview with Sirius Radio. It's on Fighthype's front page.
Byrd Man
lol....

Just saying it seems odd to me. This part especially:

He took some head shots and the guy that he fought, we don't know what the guy was on because he only had to take a urine test. Now if he was to take a blood test, then that guy may not even be in the hospital because you don't know what the guy was taking.

why even disparage that guy's win even more than it already is, due to the loser being in the hospital? I can understand him wanting to undercut and diminish a win by Pac or whatever, but it just seemed odd to me.

Maybe it's because I don't view his calling for the blood testing to be at all about what he wants for the sport. I don't think he gives a shit about the sport beyond what it gets him personally. And he's simply going forward with asking everyone for the test, because otherwise it looks like it was all about Pac, and he is trying to say it's not.

So I don't read that and take from it that he's interested in cleaning up the sport. I'm definitely biased, though, so... *shrugs*
gbh32001
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 1 2010, 09:02 AM) *
Floyd is SMART! this is a WIN WIN situation for him...

He doesn't get the 40 million dollar pay day in Pacquiao so he signs to fight Mosley and will likely get 20+ million.

If he wins, He'll likely get the 40 million dollard payday with Pac. If he loses he'll get his 20 million dollars plus another 20 million for the rematch. LOL Rematch Clause is BRILLANT. That also means that Pacquiao aint fighting Shane anytime soon, even if Mosley beats Mayweather.
When Mosley dfeat Floyd, ther is no way Floyd can get that amount. Mosley will earned atleast 15M for this fight, Fraud will get at around 20-25M.If Mosley will win that will turn the table and we will see Floyd looking like a beggar.LOL!Anyway, Floyd will take this into a bicycle and earn a wide margin to the delight of his fans.
torvix2000
Why couldn't ODLH sign the waiver? It's so easy,right?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 31 2010, 10:26 PM) *
You should put stock into undisputed because that is the goal and the ultimate achievement. How could you not put much stock into someone holding at least 3/4 titles. Wlad hold 2/4 from heavy weight, he is a unified champion. Tszyu held them and was undisputed at 140, Hopkins held them at 160 for a long time, and then they went from Taylor to Pavlik. Marquez is the undisputed at 135 after beating the top title holders in Casamayor and Diaz.
I don't know, but from the names I just listed, I would find it hard for you to argue that any of those undisputed champions were paper champions, or not fitting the 'real' champion criteria.

Don't forget about Zab Judah.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 31 2010, 10:29 PM) *
It is much more difficult to become the true undisputed champion than to become the ring magazine champion.

That's true. It makes it tough to capture 3 titles when you have mandatories for each title. I'm sure if a fighter becomes undisputed he would be recognized as the Ring Champion also.
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Feb 1 2010, 09:51 AM) *
That's true. It makes it tough to capture 3 titles when you have mandatories for each title. I'm sure if a fighter becomes undisputed he would be recognized as the Ring Champion also.

Yes...I cannot see a scenario where a fighter would be undisputed and not Ring Champion. But, conversely, it is very easy to be Ring Champion and not be undisputed.
Nay_Sayer
Alphabet mob trinkets mean less than shi'ite. And that includes the worthless Ring Magazine trinket.

You can be "undisputed" and the Ring trinket holder and STILL not be a legitimate champion.
tymoney
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 31 2010, 11:55 PM) *
Nah, fuck that. This is worse than anything he said to Pac. He's pointing to a fighter who's in the hospital, and while (as far as I'm aware of) there's been ZERO discussion of the other guy being on anything, he's just throwing out baseless accusations.

At a certain point you can't hide behind "oh that's just my opinion" when you're making slanderous accusations. This isn't someone he's got an interest in, such as Pac, where you could say he's trying to goad him into a fight, or play mind games.

This is a baseless and utterly reckless accusation.

He needs to be called out on this instead of people making excuses for him.

And it's a sad state of affairs if there is a fighter in Vegas in the hospital due to a fight, but where does Floyd get off just randomly saying "oh yeah, if that guy (the winner) had been tested for blood, then he (the loser) wouldn't be in the hospital right now"

THAT is flat out saying that his opponent took steroids. He's trying to make some kind of validation for asking Pac to take the test, and as a result he's smearing other fighters, who he doesn't have the balls to mention.

EDIT: And to put this into perspective, this is like saying, "well, if only they had tested Chavez' blood before that fight with Meldrick Taylor, Taylor's career might have been different and more successful."

Lol are you serious? You making a complete argument about nothing. If you dont like Floyd for whatever reason then thats cool, you are not required to like the man. But your argument is really pointless my dude.. Ive read all your posts about this interview and you aint said shit yet. Everything you said is based off of emotions, instead of logic. Shane admitted to using steroids, the man was never caught with the supposed oh so safe urine testing was he? And Im pretty sure there have been others that got away with it also. Point is, if there was blood testing then it cut back on the chances of anyone cheating, right? Wouldn't you as a fan want to be sure that the sport is safe and that no one is cheating? Or does it all goes out the window when Floyd speaks about it?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (tymoney @ Feb 1 2010, 01:03 PM) *
Point is, if there was blood testing then it cut back on the chances of anyone cheating, right? Wouldn't you as a fan want to be sure that the sport is safe and that no one is cheating? Or does it all goes out the window when Floyd speaks about it?

You claim to have read all my posts in this thread, and yet you don't seem to recall the one where I referred to my earlier assertion that I have ZERO problem with making blood testing mandatory?

Okay.
Imperius3
As far as ring rust goes, I expect Mayweather to show some rust too. One fight with little Marquez isn't enough, especially when he's going to be facing the bigger and stronger Mr. Mosley.
jlupi
If Pac signed to fight Mosley, their would be people putting him up there with Duran, Robinson, and Armstrong>>>

maybe because pac is really a 140lber now fighting over his weight class. Floyd for all his talent is finally fighting someone ranked in his weight class
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 1 2010, 06:10 PM) *
I sense sarcasm. Judah was nothing special, but that had more to do with the welter being weak at the time. Cotto was at 140, Mayweather wasn't settled at 147 yet, Mosley was fighting at 154, Berto was way too green and all you had was Cintron and Margarito I guess, as Williams was green at the time as well. So Judah becoming undisputed was more about the weakness of the division, but he still beat Spinks for them.
That said, an undisputed champion is just about always the best fighter in the division in 'most' cases. I just don't know what you can put more stock into than an undisputed guy.

No sarcasm...just wanted to give Judah some props.
tymoney
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Feb 1 2010, 05:04 PM) *
You claim to have read all my posts in this thread, and yet you don't seem to recall the one where I referred to my earlier assertion that I have ZERO problem with making blood testing mandatory?

Okay.

Ding ding ding, if you have ZERO problem with making blood testing mandatory then what is wrong with Floyd saying it??? I mean isnt he only trying to do the same thing you claim you have ZERO problem with??
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 1 2010, 10:49 PM) *
Good point.

Recently reviewed PBF v JMM and Shane v Cheato. I can't see PBF hurting Shane seriously, unless he takes uncharacteristic risks. The question is if PBF can handle it when he gets caught by Mosley heat. If he can, I believe he wins a comfortable decision. I think a key to the fight will be if Shane can get to PBF's body. Another key is how much the nearly 1 1/2 year layoff has cost Mosley versus the extent of ring rust PBF's limited activity has fostered.

I honestly don't think ring rust is going to be an issue for Floyd based on what I saw in his last fight...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (tymoney @ Feb 1 2010, 08:42 PM) *
Ding ding ding, if you have ZERO problem with making blood testing mandatory then what is wrong with Floyd saying it??? I mean isnt he only trying to do the same thing you claim you have ZERO problem with??

I suppose it goes to whether or not you believe that Floyd's sincere when he talks about cleaning up the sport as his reason for introducing the idea of blood testing for Pac. I don't. If it turns out that this leads to mandatory testing for all, it's a great thing, I just don't think he gives a shit about cleaning the sport up.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 2 2010, 01:03 AM) *
I only watched the PBF v JMM fight because I thought the inactivity may have made the fight interesting. I was utterly mistaken. However, the cliche "styles make fights" was never more accurate than in that fight. Throw in the size and speed advantages and JMM was no more than a 12 round sparring partner. Decent practice, but zero threat. Not really an honest opportunity to evaluate where either fighter actually stands.

Mosley will be live fire and his style creates significant challenges for PBF. If there is rust it will be knocked off.

That said, the time off should hurt Mosley more and PBF should step up and win a clear decision.

I like this breakdown Beardo, this is pretty much how I see it too. Still I'm super pumped to see this fight taking place.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 2 2010, 05:49 AM) *
Good point.

Recently reviewed PBF v JMM and Shane v Cheato. I can't see PBF hurting Shane seriously, unless he takes uncharacteristic risks. The question is if PBF can handle it when he gets caught by Mosley heat. If he can, I believe he wins a comfortable decision. I think a key to the fight will be if Shane can get to PBF's body. Another key is how much the nearly 1 1/2 year layoff has cost Mosley versus the extent of ring rust PBF's limited activity has fostered.

I think the biggest issue Floyd has is dealing with the power Shane has if he gets caught flush. Shane's biggest problen is the fact that Floyd has a beautiful jab & will use it over & over. I really think that Shanes only chance is to rush Floyd early & look to bust him up. If he is insane enough to actually think he can outbox Floyd & eventually catch him I want some of the gear he is on because Shane has a hell of a connection.

I expect some exciting moments early when Shane rushes Floyd & unloads but I expect Floyd to be in total control by round 5 & hitting Shane at will by round 8. I hate saying it but easy money for Mayweather. By god I hope I am wrong though.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 2 2010, 01:47 AM) *
I think the biggest issue Floyd has is dealing with the power Shane has if he gets caught flush. Shane's biggest problen is the fact that Floyd has a beautiful jab & will use it over & over. I really think that Shanes only chance is to rush Floyd early & look to bust him up. If he is insane enough to actually think he can outbox Floyd & eventually catch him I want some of the gear he is on because Shane has a hell of a connection.

I expect some exciting moments early when Shane rushes Floyd & unloads but I expect Floyd to be in total control by round 5 & hitting Shane at will by round 8. I hate saying it but easy money for Mayweather. By god I hope I am wrong though.

Pretty much how I see it.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Feb 2 2010, 09:38 AM) *
I suppose it goes to whether or not you believe that Floyd's sincere when he talks about cleaning up the sport as his reason for introducing the idea of blood testing for Pac. I don't. If it turns out that this leads to mandatory testing for all, it's a great thing, I just don't think he gives a shit about cleaning the sport up.

And even if this testing becomes mandatory, will its implications be better for boxing, or worse?

I think people are simply accepting the idea that random blood testing will be 100% beneficial for boxing. If people will think deeper, this testing procedure won't really be that always beneficial.

Concerns:

1. Those who train outside the U.S.
2. Those local boxing circus.
3. Those poor boxers. Those upcoming. Those from poor countries. How will they be tested?
Spyder
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Feb 2 2010, 06:20 AM) *
2. Those local boxing circus.

That's the kind of circus that I'd be interested in!

laugh.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 2 2010, 12:27 PM) *
That's the kind of circus that I'd be interested in!

laugh.gif

Hahahaha!

By the way, Floyd has signed the contract. Here's his signature.

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Feb 2 2010, 06:30 AM) *
Hahahaha!

By the way, Floyd has signed the contract. Here's his signature.

LMAO...now that was funny!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 2 2010, 12:03 AM) *
Mosley will be live fire and his style creates significant challenges for PBF. If there is rust it will be knocked off.

I'm not so sure that Mosley's style causes Floyd problems as much as his size and strength does.

Mosley can be outboxed, and as long as it's a boxing match - Floyd has the advantage. If it turns into a fight, then I can see Mosley giving Floyd problems in much the same way Castillo did in the first fight.
JLUVBABY

nice opinion on the fight... what do you guys think?
JD
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 2 2010, 02:03 PM) *
nice opinion on the fight... what do you guys think?

I think that while watching that video, the only thing that kept popping into my head was this...

The CEO
^^^

LMAOOOO!!
jlupi
I dont know about MW eating up mosley w the jab. for I believe only the second time in his career he has a reach disadvantage. (first time being delahoya)
Byrd Man
Richard Schaefer, the CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, is usually a calm, cool and collected sort. The former Swiss banker doesn't get rattled easily.

Tuesday morning, however, he sounded rattled, expressing concern about why Floyd Mayweather Jr. has not signed his contract to face welterweight champ Shane Mosley on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, in as big of a fight as there is in the sport.

It has been five days since both sides acknowledged an agreement on terms.

Mosley, of course, put pen to paper on Friday in Las Vegas, where his attorney, Judd Burstein, went through the paperwork with him point by point.

"He is excited to move forward with the bout," Burstein told me at the time.

Burstein also added that he had been assured by Leonard Ellerbe, one of Mayweather's advisers, that there were no problems on their side.

"I confirmed with Leonard that there are no issues," Burstein said.

Ellerbe's quote to me for the story I wrote Friday was, "All of the deal points have been agreed to. We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to."

Yet five days later, Schaefer still does not have a signed agreement from Mayweather. He was clearly at wit's end when he called me about it Tuesday morning.

"He still hasn't signed. I am so frustrated," Schaefer said. "I wanted both guys to go down to the Super Bowl in Miami to do some promotional stuff. I don't know what Floyd is waiting for. I have no clue. I have a signed contract from Shane on my desk. I have nothing from Floyd."

Schaefer said he is in constant touch with Ellerbe and Al Haymon, Mayweather's other adviser, and when he asks them where the paperwork is, the response is always the same: "Every day, it's the next day. They say, 'Don't worry, it's going to come.' Well, where is it? I'm waiting for the signature before we can move on."

Now May 1 is still a ways off, but for a megafight the magnitude of Mosley-Mayweather, kicking it off with promotional appearances at the Super Bowl is significant. When Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya met in May 2007, their media rounds at the Super Bowl generated enormous interest in the fight, which went on to set the all-time pay-per-view record.

Schaefer wants to follow the same blueprint. He said Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr., who will meet April 3 in a pay-per-view rematch that Golden Boy is co-promoting, will be in Miami to help drum up interest in their fight, so he can't understand why Mayweather is MIA.

So I asked Schaefer if he was concerned that the Mosley-Mayweather fight might be in trouble?

His answer was simply, "Yes."

I asked him if he would elaborate.

"At this point, I don't know," he said. "We want to do some big PR, so this is frustrating. I read Leonard's quotes that it was agreed to and that it was just a matter of time to get it signed, but if it's all done, why isn't it signed?"

Schaefer has been down this road with Mayweather before, perhaps one of the reasons for his concern. He negotiated a fall 2008 rematch between Mayweather and De La Hoya, which also had been agreed to and was on the verge of being announced. However, Mayweather never signed the paperwork and instead announced his retirement, which lasted 18 months.
[b]

"I am not having flashbacks to anything, but [the Mosley fight] is still not signed," Schaefer said. "I don't know what it means. Obviously, we can't move forward with the promotion, including some important activities that were planned for this coming weekend, unless we have a signed deal."[/b]

Before negotiating with Mosley, Mayweather was close to a deal to face Manny Pacquiao on March 13 in what would have been, by far, the sport's biggest fight. But that fight fell apart shortly before what was supposed to have been a kickoff news conference in early January. The reason was because the fighters couldn't reach a compromise on drug-testing protocol. Mayweather insisted on testing that went far beyond the rules of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. While Pacquiao accepted some additional testing, he refused random blood testing.

Both fighters moved on. Pacquiao quickly made a deal to defend his welterweight belt against Joshua Clottey on March 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Mayweather and Mosley began their talks after Mosley's Jan. 30 unification fight with Andre Berto was canceled.

So while Pacquiao wrapped up his deal with Clottey in about two seconds and Mosley signed on the dotted line in pretty short order, we all continue to wait for Mayweather's John Hancock yet again, including Schaefer.

"I always tell you, a signed deal is a done deal," Schaefer said. "It will only be done when Floyd signs, and that hasn't happened yet. I don't know of any deal terms that are not agreed to. I don't understand it."
D-MARV
Floyd will sign... He can NOT be that stupid.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 2 2010, 02:13 PM) *
I have always disliked Floyd, but I agree. He will be signing this, it would be too hard for him to be taken seriously from here on out if he didn't. Bird Man is just trying really hard to find something negative. Mayweather will probably eventually sign, and he will probably post how Mayweather is cheap and holds up procedures to get a psychological edge.

It would make me very happy to be wrong.
gbh32001
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 3 2010, 06:08 AM) *
Floyd will sign... He can NOT be that stupid.
I'll call him very intelligent if he duck Mosley. Why get $20M with a risk of losing(only to his thoughts)than getting $40M for beating Pacquiao's ass? Do the math, it's better for him to retire and wait for the Pacquiao-Clottey result then fight Pacquiao for $40M. If he win against Mosley the rematch clause will not sell unless Mosley wins but his monetary gain is lessthan half of his purses because Mosley will dictate the terms. Floyd is cornered in the wall, but as good as he is in the ring, he is better outside of it. Pacquiao is very bad outside the ring but he is very damn overwhelming good inside of it that's why he can get away with his mess. Floyd will only fight Mosley if the win already in the bag,(although most people believe he has it already).
jlupi
If he backed out to wait on manny he could forget about any blood testing. Arum would have him bending over to get the fight.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 2 2010, 11:13 PM) *
I have always disliked Floyd, but I agree. He will be signing this, it would be too hard for him to be taken seriously from here on out if he didn't. Bird Man is just trying really hard to find something negative. Mayweather will probably eventually sign, and he will probably post how Mayweather is cheap and holds up procedures to get a psychological edge.

Floyd's is (one of these):

1. Hesitating to sign the contract, or
2. He's waiting for the right moment so that the signing will benefit his "image", or
3. He's pissed off at GBP because GBP paid Berto step aside money and got his back up the wall
KookedKrack
Torvix how does it feel to know that Floyd is about to fight someone who Team Pacq fears more than random drug testing?
neophyte7
Mosley 5"9 74 inch reach- Mayweather 5"8 72inch reach... stop making out shane to be the Hulk... He and Mayweather are comparable in size, and Mayweather is very strong and athletic. He has all of the tools to deal with whatever Mosley brings, albeit I agree with your assessment of Mosley's chin. That being said, I feel that PBF's chin is underrated and that the few shots that Mosley will land he will handle. Mosley better be careful and not underestimate PBF's ability to hurt him especially if he over commits to his tendency to leap in with shots...
torvix2000
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Feb 3 2010, 02:40 AM) *
Torvix how does it feel to know that Floyd is about to fight someone who Team Pacq fears more than random drug testing?

Where's the link that says Pacq is afraid of Mosley?
torvix2000
By the way, two weeks ago: Floyd will sign the contract soon, perhaps next week. Weeks have passed: Floyd will sign the contract in 2 days. After 2 days (Today): Schaeffer is already frustrated. LOL!

The hesitation on Floyd's part is proof to something.
Spyder
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Feb 2 2010, 06:45 PM) *
3. He's pissed off at GBP because GBP paid Berto step aside money and got his back up the wall

GBP didn't need to payoff Berto. Unless there was some sort of ridiculous rematch clause in the Mosely-Berto deal, January 30th-May 1st is plenty of time to recover and train for this fight.
torvix2000
Floyd's still waiting for ...

Spyder
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Feb 3 2010, 07:10 AM) *
Floyd's still waiting for ...

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
Torvix has made 3 great posts in 2 weeks. It feels like watching a small child discover a pack of crayolas & paper.
D-MARV
Torvix is on a roll.
D-MARV
Looks like Floyd signed the contract!

We have oursleves a Mega-Fight on May 1 fellaz...

WAR MOSLEY!
Byrd Man
I stand corrected.

Let's go Shane!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.