Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
cervix2000
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Feb 2 2010, 06:30 AM) *
Hahahaha!

By the way, Floyd has signed the contract. Here's his signature.

LOL!

Here is my signature.

KookedKrack
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Feb 3 2010, 07:10 AM) *
Floyd's still waiting for ...

This old man has Team Pacq scared to death. smile_anim.gif

"Too good of a fighter"- shok.gif At least they are open with their fear, torvix you need to be open with yours as well Floyd "Money" Mayweather.

D-MARV
Team Pac wants NOTHING to do with either Floyd or Shane... That much is a fact.

I would not be at all surprised to see Pac fight Margarito after Clottey.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 4 2010, 12:02 AM) *

No they want nothing to do with Floyds ridiculous demands for testing that is proven does not work. I am not saying that drug testing is a bad idea I am saying that Pac does not have to submit to drug testing as he sure ain't starving for loack of money. Jin probably burnt through all Shane's money getting that penis implant so he needs to get paid.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 3 2010, 07:10 PM) *
No they want nothing to do with Floyds ridiculous demands for testing that is proven does not work. I am not saying that drug testing is a bad idea I am saying that Pac does not have to submit to drug testing as he sure ain't starving for loack of money. Jin probably burnt through all Shane's money getting that penis implant so he needs to get paid.

Whatever. I would believe that shit if they would have come out and said that from the start...

The whole "Pac is afraid of needles" is straight Vagina.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 4 2010, 01:16 AM) *
Whatever. I would believe that shit if they would have come out and said that from the start...

The whole "Pac is afraid of needles" is straight Vagina.

Maybe he swapped with Jin in a secret operation & Shane did not like the idea of being married to someone with tackle?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 3 2010, 05:48 PM) *
Attn: Bird Man

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=36587#more-36587

Floyd finally signs
Mayweather-Mosley is on

laugh.gif

lol, I already posted in this thread, BIIIIIIIIIIIITCH! lol

as I said before, I stand corrected. Step one has been done, they've signed. Now let's see if they make it to the ring. I hope they do. Should be a good fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 3 2010, 06:02 PM) *

arums already makin his points for that fight stylez...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 3 2010, 09:48 PM) *
Attn: Bird Man

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=36587#more-36587

Floyd finally signs
Mayweather-Mosley is on

laugh.gif

Fitz good to see you stealing some posting techniques from Torvix laugh.gif
King Eugene
Bout dang time! Now lets get it on. If Floyd could do over a million against Marquez I'm sure he and Shane will top that pretty handily. I'd be surprised if Pac vs. Clottey reaches 600k. I mean hell he is fighting a guy that lost to the guy he just destroyed! I can just imagine how shitty this under card is going to be since all the money is going to Floyd and Shane.
torvix2000
I'm now in WAITING THEM BOTH INSIDE THE RING mode. Am hoping that no back ribs get injured.
Keith
Anyone have any info or thoughts about Shane's training camp for the fight. With Hopkins fighting April 17, how will Naseem handle training both?

Is it possible they will train together?
Spyder
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 5 2010, 07:23 PM) *
Anyone have any info or thoughts about Shane's training camp for the fight. With Hopkins fighting April 17, how will Naseem handle training both?

Trainers can easily handle more than two fighters at a time.

You gotta think about the day as a 24 hour period, and schedule each fighter's training times accordingly.
Keith
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 5 2010, 07:32 PM) *
Trainers can easily handle more than two fighters at a time.

You gotta think about the day as a 24 hour period, and schedule each fighter's training times accordingly.

I'm thinking more in terms of location. Doesnt Bernard train on the east coast? Shane at Big Bear?
Spyder
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 5 2010, 07:35 PM) *
I'm thinking more in terms of location. Doesnt Bernard train on the east coast? Shane at Big Bear?

Yeah, they'd have to choose the same location. Miami this time of year, ain't exactly the most gruelling of environments.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 5 2010, 07:23 PM) *

That's a very interesting question actually.

Preparing for Jones and Floyd I'd guess is somewhat similar in that you're preparing both for speed. But still, I'd be interested to know how this is going to work.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Feb 6 2010, 03:46 AM) *
That's a very interesting question actually.

Preparing for Jones and Floyd I'd guess is somewhat similar in that you're preparing both for speed. But still, I'd be interested to know how this is going to work.

It's easy. Nard will train in the morning and Mosley will train in the afternoon when ole Pop Hopkins is having his nana nap laugh.gif

Seriously does Bernard even need a trainer for this one?
King Eugene
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 6 2010, 03:17 AM) *
It's easy. Nard will train in the morning and Mosley will train in the afternoon when ole Pop Hopkins is having his nana nap laugh.gif

Seriously does Bernard even need a trainer for this one?

Judging by the way he looked in his last fight.............YEP!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 6 2010, 04:37 AM) *
People read too much into his last performance. They don't factor in that this was purely a stay busy fight. It wasn't even a mandatory that he is defending his title for, and secondly they don't factor in that this was a former sparring partner of his.
Hopkins fought a totally different fight than he usually does, he went out and looked like he wanted some fun and make a fight out of it. He probably didn't respect him a great deal being a former sparring partner. It was just a different performance that we are used to seeing. To me he didn't look slow, or old or anything, it was just 'different'. He had a bigger work rate and worked him over, and when you increase the intensity a little bit, you are probably likely to get hit a little more.
It was just an old school performance by him, I think some are making it into something more.

I think he beats Roy but not fighting like that. After Roy's last performance do you think he is going to respect Roy? Why hell no! Let him come in the ring with the same mentality(which I doubt he will) against Roy as he did his last fight and he'll have a dog match on his hands. As shot as he is he can still punch and has very fast hands. All that said Brother Naz will prevent that from happening but he better not take this fight lightly.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 6 2010, 06:53 AM) *
I think he beats Roy but not fighting like that. After Roy's last performance do you think he is going to respect Roy? Why hell no! Let him come in the ring with the same mentality(which I doubt he will) against Roy as he did his last fight and he'll have a dog match on his hands. As shot as he is he can still punch and has very fast hands. All that said Brother Naz will prevent that from happening but he better not take this fight lightly.

I've highlighted these 2 quotes purely coz I think you're delusional regarding Roy. Can I ask did you pick Roy to beat Cuntslappy? The only reason I ask is to try and gauge how big a fan you are of Roy. Coz I gotta tell you Roy is done. Roy is done on possibly every level you can think of. I'd say practically ANY version of Hopkins can turn up and this fight is over.

But Roy Jones fans always seem to have an excuse or the belief that Roy has 'one last big fight' left in him. Sorta like Tyson fans at the end. That's why I asked the question about you being a fan of Roy's.

If you could put a picture in the dictionary under the phrase 'shot fighter' right now Roy's mugshot would be a prime candidate.
jlupi
Sorta like Tyson fans at the end. >>>>

I was a big fan and will always have that spark of hope. but the reality is he has fast hands but cant always pull the trigger. has no chin and is (well maybe was LOL) elusive for about 2-3 rds.

whan cal dropped his hands and stuck his chin our repeatedlly and a guy like jones who was all about superhuman reflexes and speed couldent pull the trigger even die hard fans had to believe he was done.
JD
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 6 2010, 05:53 AM) *

LOL...Roy is toast.

No legs, reflexes are seriously deteriorated, stamina is an issue, and I will not bother discussing his chin.
Fitz
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 6 2010, 10:21 PM) *
Can I ask did you pick Roy to beat Cuntslappy?

I can answer for him, he picked Jones Jr to win. He is the jinx. If you want Mosley to win, try get him to confidently pick Mayweather laugh.gif
neophyte7
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 6 2010, 10:21 AM) *
I thought this thread was about Mosley v PBF, not a legends of boxing dance exhibition.

I am not convinced that PBF has not lost something. His victory over JMM proved to be no more than a less than competitive 12 rounds of sparring.

This is not the best option for Mosley. A tough victory over Berto would have been the best preparation for fighting PBF.

PBF looked tremendous in his last fight... especially considering a 2 year layoff. If baffles me how MAX KELLERMan and others were saying they expected Marquez to pose problems for Mayweather, yet when Mayweather makes Marquez look like a child without barely getting touched the whole night, MAYWEATHER BECOMES this big physical legit welter who was the "bigger" man... Floyd weighed in under the 147 pound limit LMAO-- Mayweather is going bust Mosley's ass and Mosley won't be landing that many shots so he better make them count and be wary of leaping in with shots like he does in all of his fights
JLUVBABY
the more i think about this fight i cant see this fight being too much tougher than marquez for mayweather... first 2 or 3 rounds mosley may look good but floyd will adapt to his style and make it look easy... 12 rnd. unam. dec....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 6 2010, 12:32 PM) *
I agree that PBF could make this look easy but I also believe Shane is a much tougher challenge. PBF has plenty to prove.

And so does Mosley.

i think pac would be the tougher fight for lil floyd.. matter of fact i think pac kos mosely... styles make fights...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 6 2010, 12:48 PM) *
I disagree with everything but your last three words.

It is well documented that I felt that PBF would stop Manny Sue in 6 or less. I doubt that he will stop Shane. I do think that he will win a clear decision, but it will not be an easy workout like the Marquez fight.

I could be wrong. I hope we get to see Manny Sue v Shane within the next 12 months. If so, I take Mosley.

no way lil floyd was gonna stop manny... hes not that kinda fighter at 147... he beats everyone 12 rounds unless he gets just the right opening or what not... i say manny is tougher cuzz what evers going on rather he's clean or not im not even sure ive seem him really hurt in his last few fights... mosley would fight him much like cotto and diaz meaning become drawn into a slugfest which plays into pacs favor... and powers... mosely would eventually get bombed out... against lil floyd i see that fight looking a lot like the hatton floyd fight except it goes all 12 rounds... pac applies pressure, looks descent early but ultimately is figured out and pop shotted the rest of the night getting well busted up in the process... as far as mosley and lil floyd i see mosley looking descent the first few rounds if that then a boxing clinic begins to take place...
Keith
PBF gets exposed in this fight.

We will find out how much of a bitch he is. I can already see the look of panic on his face when he realizes he's in a real fight.

neophyte7
LMAO-- cannot wait to see the look on Shane's face when he is unable to land a clean punch...
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 6 2010, 11:44 AM) *
I can answer for him, he picked Jones Jr to win. He is the jinx. If you want Mosley to win, try get him to confidently pick Mayweather laugh.gif

That's a good point...when did Eugene start picking Roy to win? If you tell me after the first Tarver fight, then that would be the sickest voodoo shit that I've ever seen!

But if Eugene rooted for Roy before that, then possibly Roy's skills were just too good for the Eugene jinx. It wasn't until after the weight loss that Roy gained his King Eugene vulnerability.
King Eugene
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 6 2010, 06:21 AM) *
I've highlighted these 2 quotes purely coz I think you're delusional regarding Roy. Can I ask did you pick Roy to beat Cuntslappy? The only reason I ask is to try and gauge how big a fan you are of Roy. Coz I gotta tell you Roy is done. Roy is done on possibly every level you can think of. I'd say practically ANY version of Hopkins can turn up and this fight is over.

But Roy Jones fans always seem to have an excuse or the belief that Roy has 'one last big fight' left in him. Sorta like Tyson fans at the end. That's why I asked the question about you being a fan of Roy's.

If you could put a picture in the dictionary under the phrase 'shot fighter' right now Roy's mugshot would be a prime candidate.

I sure did pick him and had he not been bullshitting in the first round he would have won. Old well could've would've should've!

Shane wont win!
Keith
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 6 2010, 08:36 PM) *
LMAO-- cannot wait to see the look on Shane's face when he is unable to land a clean punch...

The myth that Floyd has never been hit... as though Castillo never hit him, Judah never hit him, DLH never hit him. Floyd just danced around the ring and never got hit. What bullshit.

The difference is Shane is a better puncher then all of those guys. He will land more often and for a much longer period of time.
Big Slim Sweet
Shane WILL hit Floyd.

I say he hits him more than any fighter ever has. And harder.

I really will be very interested to see how Floyd responds.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Feb 7 2010, 07:24 PM) *
Shane WILL hit Floyd.

I say he hits him more than any fighter ever has. And harder.

I really will be very interested to see how Floyd responds.

Mosley will hit Floyd here and there but I imagine Floyd will box his most cautious fight ever. I think one thing that is underrated here is Floyd's toughness. I think Floyd will respond well to Shane's punches.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 7 2010, 02:51 PM) *
The myth that Floyd has never been hit... as though Castillo never hit him, Judah never hit him, DLH never hit him.

Add Chop Chop ROCKING him to that list as well.......

WAR SHANE!!! smile_anim.gif

AussieLad
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 8 2010, 12:39 AM) *
Mosley will hit Floyd here and there but I imagine Floyd will box his most cautious fight ever. I think one thing that is underrated here is Floyd's toughness. I think Floyd will respond well to Shane's punches.

The question is, should he box even more cautiously, at what point does aggression and forcing the pace overwhelm the little punches he does throw? It almost cost him vs de la hoya regardless of how you may think he dominated oscar. He can't fight too cautiously or it may bite him in the ass
Keith
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Feb 8 2010, 02:15 AM) *
The question is, should he box even more cautiously, at what point does aggression and forcing the pace overwhelm the little punches he does throw? It almost cost him vs de la hoya regardless of how you may think he dominated oscar. He can't fight too cautiously or it may bite him in the ass

Co-sign. Floyd will not be able to fight cautiously. The guys that have beaten Shane... beat him offensively. Forrest, Winky, and Cotto stood their ground or forced him backwards. Floyd fighting even more cautiously then he usually does would not be a good look against Shane. If it gets into Shane chasing Floyd around the ring mode the crowd and judges will not be kind.
neophyte7
Shane is the same size... has no defense against a jab and right hand=Floyd lighting him up. PBF is not stupid... he knows that Mosley is a legend and he will have to bring his A game offensively. I look for PBF to make a statement and fight Shane more than people anticipate. Shane will not land that many shots.

The person to hit PBF the most in his career was Emmanuel Burton and Floyd stopped him in the 9th round. PBF had a bloody nose and was getting hit with multiple shots... As a matter of fact that is a great exciting fight and must see... In that fight PBF three defense out of the window and went toe to toe throughtout. He will be selective against Shane but he will fight him...
Keith
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 8 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Shane is the same size... has no defense against a jab and right hand=Floyd lighting him up. PBF is not stupid... he knows that Mosley is a legend and he will have to bring his A game offensively. I look for PBF to make a statement and fight Shane more than people anticipate. Shane will not land that many shots.

The person to hit PBF the most in his career was Emmanuel Burton and Floyd stopped him in the 9th round. PBF had a bloody nose and was getting hit with multiple shots... As a matter of fact that is a great exciting fight and must see... In that fight PBF three defense out of the window and went toe to toe throughtout. He will be selective against Shane but he will fight him...

So your comparing Emanuel Burton to Shane Mosley?

Emanuel Burton couldnt carry Shane Mosleys spit bucket.

ROLL DEEP
I would just like to add that I hope Mosley RAPES Mayweather (in the boxing sense, not in the gay, bum-loving type way) and does so by punching through his shoulder roll, pushing him against the ropes and unloading bombs on him in a Margarito stylee before Floyd get dropped, doesn't know what day of the week it is and is counted out.

No more talk of 'I'm the best ever', no more 'legacy pays the bills' shit, no more Floyd bum lovers going 'See? Floyds the greatest. He can beat Mosely, Pac and a prime Rocky Marciano in one night'. None of that - just the plain truth being shown that Floyd was an amazing, outstanding fighter, but one who will always have a '???' by his greatness.

But I still see Mayweather winning......Dammit!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Feb 8 2010, 02:15 PM) *
He can beat Mosely, Pac and a prime Rocky Marciano in one night

neophyte7
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 8 2010, 05:08 PM) *
So your comparing Emanuel Burton to Shane Mosley?

Emanuel Burton couldnt carry Shane Mosleys spit bucket.

Maybe not... just highlighting that PBF went to to toe with a tough mofo and put on a great fight. That was the most he has been hit in his career in a match --- because he was not evading any shots. Burton was not the biggest puncher either in comparison to Mosely but he will box mosely without taking as many punches as he did the night he met burton. I was just making a point that Shane will not have as much success as a guy you say cannot CARRY SHANE'S SPIT BUCKET

At this stage Shane has one punch KO power but against slow plodders like Vargas, Mayorga, Margarito-- but Mayweather is going to take that advantage away from him by boxing circles around mosely and lighting his head up with jabs and right hands. This will not be as difficult as DLH. AT 154 DLH was much bigger than Floyd and I gave DLH four rounds yet, he lost convincingly but presented s physical challenge to PBF with his size. Mosely is said to be strong and he is, but Mayweather is strong and has great stamina
Douchebag
I think Shane's body work will be a big factor in this fight. I can see Brother Naz having Shane Jab the piss out of the front shoulder for the first half of the fight.
neophyte7
easier said than done when he will be eating jabs... Shane does not have a good jab... he often paws and uses it as a dcoy for a leaping hook. this stuff will not work on mayweather.
Douchebag
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 9 2010, 08:45 AM) *
easier said than done when he will be eating jabs... Shane does not have a good jab... he often paws and uses it as a dcoy for a leaping hook. this stuff will not work on mayweather.

He didn't paw with it at all against Marg and I don't expect him to against Floyd. You can tell thats one of the thing that Naz changed in his game.
neophyte7
Margarito is not Mayweather and the jab will not be any where near as effective. This reminds me of Tito smashing Joppy and everyone thinking that would translate over to Hopkins... totally different ball game. I respect nazim, but in reading his interview on the fight-- he has MAD RESPECT FOR MAYWEATHER and knows that Shane is facing an uphill climb
Douchebag
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 9 2010, 03:35 PM) *
Margarito is not Mayweather and the jab will not be any where near as effective. This reminds me of Tito smashing Joppy and everyone thinking that would translate over to Hopkins... totally different ball game. I respect nazim, but in reading his interview on the fight-- he has MAD RESPECT FOR MAYWEATHER and knows that Shane is facing an uphill climb

Listen, you talked about a pawing jab and I countered your point with his most recent outing period. That said, anyone that knows boxing knows that this will be a different fight than that Marg fight, but if you totally throw that fight out of the than it is you that is delusional.

P.S. Brother Naz has MAD RESPECT FOR EVERYONE, LOL. In fact he is on the front page right now talking Roy Jones Jr. up right now. PFFFFFT
AussieLad
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 9 2010, 08:35 PM) *

Does he have mad respect for Burton? LOL.

If your going to point to floyds toughness in the Burton fight, then its safe to point to shanes jab in the margarito fight
neophyte7
LMAO--- please... a focused Burton is a hard nut to crack and he was a respected fighter despite his losses... How long you been watching boxing? Jabbing Margarito bears absolutely no resemblence to jabbing Mayweather
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.