Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
lloyd mayflower
Burton bears no resemblance to Mosley
jlupi
I respect nazim, but in reading his interview on the fight-- he has MAD RESPECT FOR MAYWEATHER and knows that Shane is facing an uphill climb >>>>

Ive seen rabid fans but geez neo do you pray to mayweather and his greatness before you go to bed?
neophyte7
Stop---man... I just happen to think that Mayweather is the best in the world and speak up for him against his detractors and haters...

Bro Nazim comments on the hate Mayweather gets and the criticism and warns... that PBF is no joke and admits Mosley has an up hill climb

The Burton analogy was to reference the fact that many people feel PBF has never been in a tough fight. so ease up with the praying to mayweather nonsense LMAO)
Keith
First you said this...

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 9 2010, 03:08 AM) *
Burton was not the biggest puncher either in comparison to Mosely

And later said this...

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 9 2010, 06:36 PM) *
The Burton analogy was to reference the fact that many people feel PBF has never been in a tough fight.

They dont match. It couldnt of been that tough of a fight BECAUSE Burton lacked punching power.
Lil-lightsout
Here are my reasons why Mosley will win this fight.

1- Where people keep bringing up the losses to Forrest and Winky, saying like PBF will duplicate that and win a comfortable decision. I just do not buy it. Floyd has not near enough strength or punching power to keep Shane off him. Winky was much bigger and stronger and Forrest had a great jab and height and a very powerful right that Mosley was weary of. Shane has nothing to worry about Floyd with his power, size or strength.

2- We all saw what pressure did to Floyd in his fights with Castillo. Even Hatton pressured and bullied Floyd around the ring.Mosley hits harder and is faster and will impose his will on Floyd. Let's see what happens when Floyd opens up? I would not be at all surprised to see Floyd on his back if he elects to open himself up and punch with Mosley.

3-Mayweather is not near busy enough and does not punch in combos anymore, he just pot shots too much. That ain't going to get it done with Mosley applying pressure all night. Mayweather will be fearful of getting hit and will probably end up too defensive the whole fight.

4- The JMM fight did not impress me at all. He fought a blown up lightweight and STILL could not KO him. He fought way too passive.

5- Mosley is the hungrier fighter. Mayweather is all about the money. And the layoff and all the easy fights over the last bunch of years will hurt Floyd. Mosley is more about testing himself and proving himself in the ring. When it comes down to it, Mosley cares more about his legacy and will prove it in the ring that night.

6- Uncles Jeff and Roger had glass jaws and had been stopped on many occasions, only a matter of time before Floyd had to fight some one since Corrales with punching power. I still do not think Floyd has a good chin, and he will get hit at some point, and I just do not see him being able to take Shanes power.

7- There confrontation after his win over JMM in the ring after the fight told me a few things too. Floyd was pretty shakened up and showed some fear of Shane. Shane obviously wanted the fight, where Floyd wanted no part of Shane. And Shane looked like he towered over Floyd and to me I do not see Floyd's style being all that effective against the stronger and taller Mosley.

8- I ALWAYS wanted Jack out of Shane's corner,it's like they never had a gameplan and Shane never used his tools effectively. Shane looked superb against AM, and I only expect him to look better against Floyd. No doubt with Naz in his corner they WILL know what to do to beat Floyd.

9- The POWER, skill and speed of Shane.

So there are some of my reasons, sure alot are not going to agree, but that is what I think. I just sure hope the fight comes off with out a hitch. Mosley has always been one of my favorites and hopefully he can come through with this fight like I think he will. If Mayweather beats him fair and square, I got nothing but props for Floyd.
neophyte7
One thing stood out in one of your posts: Mosely is one of your favorites... I like Mosley and against anyone else I would root for him but my pick is based not on PBF being my favorite, but I just feel that Mayweather is better than Shane. Shane looks good against slow sluggers but Mayweather brings too much to the table

and to the guy who said that it was not a tough fight when Mayweather met Burton because Burton lacked power... sounds like a bitch arguing for the sake of arguing. Hopkins don't hit hard and he gives guys hell. A fighter that lacks power can still make a tough fight for an opponent... I swear some of you mofos are bitches under cover... go wash your panties you little hoes!!! Your arguments are based upon emotion not logic
King Eugene
2 Things...

From previous question earlier why I want a fighter I like to get beat. Simple I look the other fighter more. Same scenario with Jones and Hopkins. My two all time favorite but I'm still pulling for Roy even though he has a slim to no chance at winning.

No one has been able to do to Shane what what Winky and Vernon done to him since so any comparison to that fight shall be thrown out the window. Same goes for Mayweather. What Castillo done to him hasn't been done since...successfully that is. Not even in the immediate rematch. With that said we can throw that one out the window too.

Shanes going to lose a competitive decision that will warrant an immediate rematch. The winner is going to want Pacquiao and Arum's reason to justify not fighting either is "those two have unfinished business with each other." Which will result in a Pacquiao vs. Margarito fight. Mark My Words!

I still hope Shane gets his ass whipped.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 9 2010, 09:03 PM) *
Here are my reasons why Mosley will win this fight.

1- Where people keep bringing up the losses to Forrest and Winky, saying like PBF will duplicate that and win a comfortable decision. I just do not buy it. Floyd has not near enough strength or punching power to keep Shane off him. Winky was much bigger and stronger and Forrest had a great jab and height and a very powerful right that Mosley was weary of. Shane has nothing to worry about Floyd with his power, size or strength.

2- We all saw what pressure did to Floyd in his fights with Castillo. Even Hatton pressured and bullied Floyd around the ring.Mosley hits harder and is faster and will impose his will on Floyd. Let's see what happens when Floyd opens up? I would not be at all surprised to see Floyd on his back if he elects to open himself up and punch with Mosley.

3-Mayweather is not near busy enough and does not punch in combos anymore, he just pot shots too much. That ain't going to get it done with Mosley applying pressure all night. Mayweather will be fearful of getting hit and will probably end up too defensive the whole fight.

4- The JMM fight did not impress me at all. He fought a blown up lightweight and STILL could not KO him. He fought way too passive.

5- Mosley is the hungrier fighter. Mayweather is all about the money. And the layoff and all the easy fights over the last bunch of years will hurt Floyd. Mosley is more about testing himself and proving himself in the ring. When it comes down to it, Mosley cares more about his legacy and will prove it in the ring that night.

6- Uncles Jeff and Roger had glass jaws and had been stopped on many occasions, only a matter of time before Floyd had to fight some one since Corrales with punching power. I still do not think Floyd has a good chin, and he will get hit at some point, and I just do not see him being able to take Shanes power.

7- There confrontation after his win over JMM in the ring after the fight told me a few things too. Floyd was pretty shakened up and showed some fear of Shane. Shane obviously wanted the fight, where Floyd wanted no part of Shane. And Shane looked like he towered over Floyd and to me I do not see Floyd's style being all that effective against the stronger and taller Mosley.

8- I ALWAYS wanted Jack out of Shane's corner,it's like they never had a gameplan and Shane never used his tools effectively. Shane looked superb against AM, and I only expect him to look better against Floyd. No doubt with Naz in his corner they WILL know what to do to beat Floyd.

9- The POWER, skill and speed of Shane.

So there are some of my reasons, sure alot are not going to agree, but that is what I think. I just sure hope the fight comes off with out a hitch. Mosley has always been one of my favorites and hopefully he can come through with this fight like I think he will. If Mayweather beats him fair and square, I got nothing but props for Floyd.

I like your analysis and hope you are right coz I'm pulling for Shane too. To me it's Shane's physicality against Floyd's foot speed. Floyd can dance with the best (we've seen it a number of times) but will Shane be able to get him stationary enough to unload on him?

I doubt it but I'm hoping for it. I don't think Floyd can hurt Shane either but I think he can hit him accurately enough to make Shane cautious. Think of your favourite (and mine) Jelly Donught James Toney. James never hit hard enough to knock guys out at HW but he did hit quick enough and with enough presicion that they couldn't walk right through him either.

I see the same with Floyd in this fight, PBF doing enough to keep Shane off him. Can't wait to find out though.
Nay_Sayer
I hope Brother Naz has tightend up Shane's defense - cause if not - Mosley is gonna eat a ton of lead right hands....
neophyte7
Shane is almost 40... not much will change defensively-- right hand city all night long
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 9 2010, 11:14 PM) *
One thing stood out in one of your posts: Mosely is one of your favorites... I like Mosley and against anyone else I would root for him but my pick is based not on PBF being my favorite, but I just feel that Mayweather is better than Shane. Shane looks good against slow sluggers but Mayweather brings too much to the table

Shane is def one of my favs, but I still have valid reasoning behind why I think he will win. I respect Mayweather's skill and all, but I for one am not impressed with his many years of less formidable competition at welterweight. I really want to see what happens when he has a skilled true hard punching WELTERWEIGHT in front of him? I just want to see how he handles everything thing Shane gives him. It has been a long time since Floyd had a tough fight. And if Floyd does beat him,like already stated, props to Floyd for beating the best welterweight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 10 2010, 03:41 AM) *
I like your analysis and hope you are right coz I'm pulling for Shane too. To me it's Shane's physicality against Floyd's foot speed. Floyd can dance with the best (we've seen it a number of times) but will Shane be able to get him stationary enough to unload on him?

I doubt it but I'm hoping for it. I don't think Floyd can hurt Shane either but I think he can hit him accurately enough to make Shane cautious. Think of your favourite (and mine) Jelly Donught James Toney. James never hit hard enough to knock guys out at HW but he did hit quick enough and with enough presicion that they couldn't walk right through him either.

I see the same with Floyd in this fight, PBF doing enough to keep Shane off him. Can't wait to find out though.

Good point about Toney(not about the Jelly Doughnut part,lol). You could be right. But where Toney had/has a world class chin that has been tested, we really do not know about Floyd's chin yet? Or how he reacts to adversity or being hurt badly? I honestly think Shane can hurt Floyd and stop him. I think Shane knows this and will take it to Floyd and try to get the KO. Floyd is not unhittable, he will be getting hit. How he reacts is what I am curious about. But if Floyd does do enough to keep Shane off him and win the fight, then I got to give Floyd respect for the win.
neophyte7
Depends on how long you been watching PBF to know if he can take a shot...History has seen PBF cut in matches and handle that adversity. I have seen him rocked by Corley and he recuperated very well. I mentioned his bloody match with emmanuel burton. The two Castillo matches. Mayweather and Corley went to to toe and Corley is a good puncher at that weight. mayweather showed durability and a good chin in that match. Victoriano Sosa a good puncher whacked PBF several times on the jaw and PBF never took a step back. Judah landed hard shots early and Mayweather displayed composure and cool--- His toughness is underrated and albeit none of these guys hit like Shane but Shane's power is being blown up because he KO'd punching bags like Mayorga, Vargas and Margarito... out of Shane's last 15 fights only three KO's and they are the punching bags mentioned... Mayweather will take Shane's shots that land and there won't be that many clean flush shots...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 10 2010, 04:30 PM) *
Depends on how long you been watching PBF to know if he can take a shot...History has seen PBF cut in matches and handle that adversity. I have seen him rocked by Corley and he recuperated very well. I mentioned his bloody match with emmanuel burton. The two Castillo matches. Mayweather and Corley went to to toe and Corley is a good puncher at that weight. mayweather showed durability and a good chin in that match. Victoriano Sosa a good puncher whacked PBF several times on the jaw and PBF never took a step back. Judah landed hard shots early and Mayweather displayed composure and cool--- His toughness is underrated and albeit none of these guys hit like Shane but Shane's power is being blown up because he KO'd punching bags like Mayorga, Vargas and Margarito... out of Shane's last 15 fights only three KO's and they are the punching bags mentioned... Mayweather will take Shane's shots that land and there won't be that many clean flush shots...

I have seen EVERY single one of PBF's televised fights since turning pro. Heck,I have seen everyone of Roy Jones fight's since he turned pro too(1988). Just saying how long I have been an avid fan of boxing since you seem to be questioning it. I seen the Burton fight, where Floyd got bloodied. Sure he showed toughness that night, but it was against the limited but tough Burton. Though I am sure Floyd took him lightly and probably underestimated Burton. I also seen the other fights you mentioned too, but NONE of them are Shane Mosley. If he can handle everything Shane throws at him and prove's his greatness, then damn he is the goods in my book. I am just glad he finally is taking a risk and fighting a dangerous opponent. You mentioned the two Castillo matches, those were two fights where I thought Floyd def lost the first one and barely won the second one. Floyd was really bothered by Castillo's pressure and was too defensive. Anyway, I look forward to a great fight and may the best man win.
Douchebag
Corley was never known for his punch.
Keith
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 9 2010, 11:14 PM) *
and to the guy who said that it was not a tough fight when Mayweather met Burton because Burton lacked power... sounds like a bitch arguing for the sake of arguing. Hopkins don't hit hard and he gives guys hell. A fighter that lacks power can still make a tough fight for an opponent... I swear some of you mofos are bitches under cover... go wash your panties you little hoes!!! Your arguments are based upon emotion not logic

My logic is as follows: your claiming Burton gave Floyd hell. I have the fight on dvd and that was not the case. Floyd hit the guy at will, Burton landed a few decent punches.

You admited Burton does not have power and Burton was tko'd in round 9. How tough of a fight could it of been for Floyd if Burton doesnt crack hard and was tko'd in 9 rounds?
neophyte7
Burton was stopped on his feet dude... the towel was thrown in but he was right in PBF's face all night so much so that Floyd Sr was concerned about him getting hit like he did... Tommy and hagler went three rounds? how the fuck does a TKO9 signify an easy fight... Even Mayweather sang praises for Burton. You do know that Burton put on fight of the year one year right? He and Micky Ward, another tough mofo? Burton did in the PBF fight what he always was known for and that is give a tough fight.

Also Corley was an underrated good puncher... ask Miguel Cotto
JD
Castillo didn't do shit against Floyd, but Augustus gave him hell?

Ok.

Augustus did give Floyd a couple problems...not too many. Castillo, on the other hand, legitimately gave Floyd hell the first time around. Regardless who Floyd tells you was his toughest fight.
neophyte7
Burton landed more shots to the head of mayweather in one round than Castillo the whole fight... Burton had Mayweather's nose bleeding throughout while in both Castiilo fights he was unscathed... Yet Castillo in Floyd fights was bleeding heavily from the nose courtesy of Floyd right hand leads
JD
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 10 2010, 05:57 PM) *
Burton landed more shots to the head of mayweather in one round than Castillo the whole fight... Burton had Mayweather's nose bleeding throughout while in both Castiilo fights he was unscathed... Yet Castillo in Floyd fights was bleeding heavily from the nose courtesy of Floyd right hand leads

Ok...you think the first Castillo fight was easier for Floyd than Augustus.

I would recommend that you re-watch them. Augustus gave Floyd a couple of problems in there...Castillo gave Floyd major problems the first time around. How many times has Floyd been out thrown, out landed, and landed against at a higher rate? Exactly.
Douchebag
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 10 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Burton was stopped on his feet dude... the towel was thrown in but he was right in PBF's face all night so much so that Floyd Sr was concerned about him getting hit like he did... Tommy and hagler went three rounds? how the fuck does a TKO9 signify an easy fight... Even Mayweather sang praises for Burton. You do know that Burton put on fight of the year one year right? He and Micky Ward, another tough mofo? Burton did in the PBF fight what he always was known for and that is give a tough fight.

Also Corley was an underrated good puncher... ask Miguel Cotto

Cotto was chinny at 140, this much is established. Corley is rated right where should be as far punching and he still was able to rock Floyd.
MarzB
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 10 2010, 06:03 PM) *
Ok...you think the first Castillo fight was easier for Floyd than Augustus.

I would recommend that you re-watch them. Augustus gave Floyd a couple of problems in there...Castillo gave Floyd major problems the first time around. How many times has Floyd been out thrown, out landed, and landed against at a higher rate? Exactly.

I believe the Augustus fight (I was there live btw) was tougher than the Castilio one fight. floyd had an injury that first fight with JLC and in the early half of the fight it looked like it was going to be a wash for Floyd before Castillio came on late. The rematch where there was NO injury and a CLEAR win (hard to believe that was an undercard in hindsight over Klitch and McCline) showed me Floyd easily adapted to JLC's relentless pursuit.
JD
I believe you are crazy if you think the Augustus fight was more difficult for Floyd.

Almost every fighter goes into fights with injuries...some just use them as excuses for a performance...hell, some even announce it to the camera in the middle of rounds...other stay quiet and fight. As an aside, the report after the Augustus fight was that Mayweather had injured his hand in that fight...I saw more evidence of Floyd not using his rigt with full force against Augustus than Castillo.

Anyway...Castillo has always been a slow starter...so I am not sure how anyone watching the fight could have concluded it would be a wash out half way in considering Castillo's history...in the end, he consistently out landed Floyd, backed him up, roughed him up, and won the fight on more than a few scorecards. I had it a draw and thought the judges card were wide. At the time of the stoppage against Augustus I am not sure you could find one person who didn't have Mayweather up on the cards.

When has Floyd been out landed, out thrown, and landed against at a higher rate than he has been able to land? The first Castillo fight is the one that I know of.
MarzB
I believe you are crazy if you think the Augustus fight was more difficult for Floyd.

Your thoughts of me are irrelevant. Floyd has mentioned himself that Augustus was his toughest fight. Is he also crazy, don't answer you don't have a high opinion of him already.

I'm looking at different things than you may look at. Floyd was able to finish off Emmanuel true but that doesn't mean he was less tougher.

May I ask why do people continually mention the first JLC fight when their saying something against Floyd without mentioning the second one?? Save the "hugger" replies because it's a fair question. All what JLC did successful he wasn't able to do the second fight. So I bring that up to say Floyd answered all the questions of those that thought it was a questionable decision (I had it 7 rounds to 5 btw first fight).

the thing is this though, Mosley presents a totally different set of challenges than Augustus and Castillio did.
JD
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 10 2010, 06:30 PM) *

Your thoughts of me are irrelevant. Floyd has mentioned himself that Augustus was his toughest fight. Is he also crazy, don't answer you don't have a high opinion of him already.

I'm looking at different things than you may look at. Floyd was able to finish off Emmanuel true but that doesn't mean he was less tougher.

May I ask why do people continually mention the first JLC fight when their saying something against Floyd without mentioning the second one?? Save the "hugger" replies because it's a fair question. All what JLC did successful he wasn't able to do the second fight. So I bring that up to say Floyd answered all the questions of those that thought it was a questionable decision (I had it 7 rounds to 5 btw first fight).

the thing is this though, Mosley presents a totally different set of challenges than Augustus and Castillio did.

LOL...please, I don't get into the bullshit hating or nuthugging. No one can talk about Floyd without it being praised heaped upon him, without you getting your back up and saying they are hating on him, or as you have deemed to be the case with me, "I don't have a high opinion of him". Actually, if you had been around for a while, you would know that I was an ardent Floyd defender back in the day...I have always praised his skills, and I see him as, at worst, the second best fighter in the world today. But yes...such an opinion is not nearly good enough if I feel there are still questions I want to see answered, and his competition of late has not come close to answering them. As for what Floyd said, I am well aware...he says a lot of things, he seemed to really be bothered that Castillo gave him a very difficult fight, and was not happy that people thought he lost - Lederman included, he was not about to give him the credit he deserved. Hell, he says Hatton gave him one of his toughest fights, and outside of the first 90 seconds, The Hitman was never in it.

The discussion was about Floyd's toughest fight to date. One fight. This discussion came from another thread and started out as me disputing the notion that Castillo "didn't do shit against Floyd"...being that it is a SINGLE fight, I am isolating one fight - Castillo I, because it was clearly a tougher fight than the second Castillo fight...and more to the point, Floyd's toughest fight of his career. Surely this makes sense.

There is no parallel being made to the Mosley fight...just a discussion about Floyd's toughest fight. Mosley does not possess the in-fighting skills of Castillo, nor is he as good at shortening distance or cutting off the ring. He does possess better handspeed, power, and foot speed...though his footwork is less than stellar, and his head movement is not all that noticeable.
KookedKrack
We might have to get a sig bet poppin' on here for this fight smile_anim.gif

I can see both sides of the argument on who would win this fight but with that said I hope Mosley beats that ass. no homo
neophyte7
Interesting. I knew someone would come forth with insight on the agustus fight... and yes neither castillo nor burton bring what shane does into the ring... PBF does good with adversity he has shown so over his career... Shane on the other hand has shown mental frailty in the ring and in the corner.

And by the way, Corley hit mayweather and cotto with right hooks to the temple... a temple shot by john ruiz had the granite chin Holyfield on rubber legs... A good temple shot will have anyone on queer street--PBF was momentarily stunned and came back to open a can of whip ass moments after being rocked by Corley.
JD
You already had insight on the Augustus fight...you needed it on the Castillo fight.
Keith
I just watched the Burton fight again. Just ridiculous that its being viewed as a tough fight for Floyd. It was tough only in the sense that Burton made Floyd throw more punches then he wanted. Floyd landed everything he threw and Burton landed few clean shots... and Burton was not considered a puncher. It was very similar to the Hatton fight.
neophyte7
OK whatever you say. If Floyd says it was one of his toughest fights I guess it wasn't LMAO
neophyte7
soon to be six losses... and Burton's # of losses have nothing to do with Floyd admitting Burton to be one of his toughest fights...
Keith
First you tried to compare Mosley to Burton.

Then you want to compare Floyd vs Burton to....

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 10 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Tommy and hagler went three rounds? how the fuck does a TKO9 signify an easy fight

Your a looney toon. I cant take you serious when you make such ridiculous comparisons. To answer your question... The tko by itself does not signify an easy fight. I want you to go back and watch the fight and tell me which rounds Burtin won before he was tko'd, and then tell me at what point in the fight he hurt Floyd. OK? If Floyd was clearly up in the cards, was never hurt, and tko'd his opponent in 9 rounds, it COULD NOT have been a "tough" fight.
neophyte7
Looney Toon?? LMAO... a man can lose every round and still pose difficulty in every round making it a rough night for the victor

floyd was unscathed vs castillo but bloodied vs burton
Keith
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 10 2010, 09:03 PM) *
Looney Toon?? LMAO... a man can lose every round and still pose difficulty in every round making it a rough night for the victor

I see your not willing to take on the challenge?

Thats because you know you would make yourself look like a total ass.
neophyte7
Challenge?? LMAO Call it what you want--Floyd said it... Agustus was a tough fight for him...PBF has been in tough fights before . Mosely could not even impose his will on Cotto, and he sure as hell aint doing it to mayweather.

Mosely has shown mental frailty in adverse situations and has demonstrated a lack of confidence many times in his corner...
Keith
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 10 2010, 09:17 PM) *
Challenge?? LMAO Call it what you want--Floyd said it... Agustus was a tough fight for him...PBF has been in tough fights before . Mosely could not even impose his will on Cotto, and he sure as hell aint doing it to mayweather.

Stroking your little dicky

Oh your such a hugger

Your keyboard must be sticky

because your a Floyd cum chugger
MarzB
"Imposing will", "warrior", yawn. WTF seriously do you all seriously think that he's just going to cringe on the sight of Mosley?

Regarding the Augustus fight and "HIS" opinion of it. Just because he worked him over late doesn't mean it was easy. Now having seen that fight live and haven't rewatched it in years I can't recount the details(maybe I'll view it tonight). I do believe Floyd was cut that fight also. I could chime in some personal stories when I boxed but this is turning into a "since Floyd said it, it doesn't mean schit" type of tirade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLbrAYP_Fw
neophyte7
there it is... How many tough fights has mosley had? What were the outcomes?
SmartyBeardo
Castillo was PBF's toughest fight because he earned a draw at best.

He also fought that night with an injured shoulder and two busted ribs. Castillo was about 10 pounds heavier. PBF was never hurt but he was obviously not as able to pull the trigger, especially with his right hand.

Castillo should have retained his title that evening. PBF did show true toughness though and took some significant leather to the chin from a larger puncher.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 10 2010, 10:46 PM) *
there it is... How many tough fights has mosley had? What were the outcomes?

Douche this is easy math right here. You fight tougher fighters = tougher fights.

And don't just name names you also have to respect when he fought them. He fought Vernon in his prime. I pick that version of Vernon over PBF NO PROBLEMS. I know you'll disagree with that but hey that's my opinion.

He fought Winky in his prime. I also pick Winky to beat PBF. Winkster said he would suck down to 147 to fight PBF, but pretty boy wanted NO PART of the Winkster-should tell you all you need to know.

All in all they turned into 4 tough fights for Mosley. Had PBF been involved in those 4 fights against those 2 guys I serioulsy doubt he comes out with his precious '0' intact.
neophyte7
Douche??? LMAO--- Mayweather was not a welter or junior middle when Shane was getting his ass kicked by Winky and Vernon... and yes Vernon and Winky could very well have beaten PBF--- no argument there. The Vernon that pulverized Mosley in fight I was hell on two legs. Winky at 154 was great-- I concede that. Yet Mosely does not show good adaptability and has been known to complain and whine like a bich in the corner when the going gets a little complicated. he often has displayed the body language of a loser when the going gets rough...
jlupi
If Floyd says it was one of his toughest fights I guess it wasn't LMAO >>>>>

JD how dare you question the lord - floyd mayweather.

He let castillo into this fight. because in his devine wisdom he wanted to show others that he could survive a battle. Had he wanted this would have been a blow out. anyone who does not see this is blind.

And by the way It is actually disrespectfull that you want to see him in with the best compitition. If you were not blind you would know that there is no compitition for this diety and he should be allowerd to fight anyone he desires.
JD
Man...it's ridiculous.
AussieLad
QUOTE (jlupi @ Feb 11 2010, 04:02 PM) *
If Floyd says it was one of his toughest fights I guess it wasn't LMAO >>>>>

JD how dare you question the lord - floyd mayweather.

He let castillo into this fight. because in his devine wisdom he wanted to show others that he could survive a battle. Had he wanted this would have been a blow out. anyone who does not see this is blind.

And by the way It is actually disrespectfull that you want to see him in with the best compitition. If you were not blind you would know that there is no compitition for this diety and he should be allowerd to fight anyone he desires.

Yes, thanks to jlupi for raising this very valid point.

Floyd is soooooooooo perfect in every way, that we are lucky he fights anyone in this plane of existence at all. He would demolish everyone that has ever existed, and if he truly wants a competitive fight he would have to travel to other dimensions and fight celestial beings. He is so superior, it would be the exact same thing if we matched him against the elite of the division or matched him against a man in a wheelchair with no arms.
Big Slim Sweet
I believe Floyd just didn't want to give Castillo his due when he said (if he indeed said) that Burton was a tougher fight. Remember that after Floyd smoked N'Dou (my favorite PBF performance btw, when I was a HUGE fan of the man), he went to say N'Dou and Victoriano Sosa (!) would rule the lightweight division over Castillo after he moved up to 140, implying they gave him tougher fights than JLC as well.

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 11 2010, 09:02 AM) *
Mosely does not show good adaptability and has been known to complain and whine like a bich in the corner when the going gets a little complicated. he often has displayed the body language of a loser when the going gets rough...

I happen to believe this was a product of having a trainer in his corner with NO answers for how he should adapt. Daddy Jack always held Shane back IMO. We'll see if Shane shows the same frustration and poor body language with Naazim talking to him between rounds.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Feb 12 2010, 01:15 PM) *
I happen to believe this was a product of having a trainer in his corner with NO answers for how he should adapt. Daddy Jack always held Shane back IMO. We'll see if Shane shows the same frustration and poor body language with Naazim talking to him between rounds.

Not only talking between rounds was worthless, now imagine his Dad training him and Shane not really learning anything new. Mosley with Naz is learning stuff NOW during training camps so he will be better prepared come fight time. Seemed like Shane always winged it and got by mainly on his athletic ability and skills. I just think he is more of a complete fighter.
Mean Mister Mustard
I cannot get the tought of Cotto outboxing Mosley, out of my mind. Now to be fair he only outboxed him in the middle rounds. When Cotto got tired and from round 9 on it was mostly even. Plus, one could argue that it was Mosley's relentless clinches and bodyshots that wore Cotto down. That's all fine and dandy but you know that if Cotto was outboxing Mosley then Mayweather, with his faster hands, feet and better defense will do just as good.

Richardson is a great trainer. Reading the interviews with him shows that the guy is a student of boxing and loves analyzing fights. The problem is that he cannot get in the ring and execute what he wants. He can only hope that Mosley listens and is able to effectively put the plan into action. Mosley did look very good with Goosen in his corner against Wirght, and I am sure that the would have been able to beat Margarito that night with him in his corner. Actually I'm sure Mosley would have beaten Margarito any day, plaster or no plaster. The point is that even though he had a great trainer, he was physically outmatched that night against Wright, just like the first fight and I believe that Mayweather will outbox him due to his better athleticism and boxing IQ. The hope is that Mosley can land enough of those jackhammer rights to the body to wear Mayweather down but when jabs and right crosses are bouncing of your head, it's kind of hard to putt them off.

Remember that face that Mosley makes whenever he gets hit flush? That face that conveys both acknowledgment and disappontment at the same time? I expect to see a lot of that against Mayweather.
neophyte7

Remember that face that Mosley makes whenever he gets hit flush? That face that conveys both acknowledgment and disappontment at the same time? I expect to see a lot of that against Mayweather.
[/quote]

LMAO-- I was mentioning Mosely's body language and gestures in an earlier post. You make a good observation and I just could not help but laugh. I have always questioned Shane's niceness in the ring. Shane always hits gloves with his opponent and is too fucking nice in the ring. The Margarito fight was the most nasty I have seen Shane in the ring. Mayweather on te other hand can get nasty in there. Remember Gatti looking to the ref and PBF dropping him to his knees with left hook LMAO-- that is the shit I love to see fighters do-- Shane is too nice in the ring and visible shows frustration when the going gets rough.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 13 2010, 05:16 AM) *
Not only talking between rounds was worthless, now imagine his Dad training him and Shane not really learning anything new. Mosley with Naz is learning stuff NOW during training camps so he will be better prepared come fight time. Seemed like Shane always winged it and got by mainly on his athletic ability and skills. I just think he is more of a complete fighter.

Agreed 100%
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 13 2010, 01:13 PM) *
Remember Gatti looking to the ref and PBF dropping him to his knees with left hook LMAO-- that is the shit I love to see fighters do-- Shane is too nice in the ring and visible shows frustration when the going gets rough.

Shane ain't been so nice the last couple fights. Remember that last second KO of Mayorga, where he walked up to him with his hands down? And that final shot he put Margarito down with, that he basically threw over the ref's shoulder while he was already trying to call off the fight?

Shane's starting to get down and dirty in there. I don't know if it's what Hop's been telling him, or just some repressed anger from dealing with Jin all those years, but he's been a changed man in the ring the past couple years.

I think you will see him use A LOT of dirty, roughhouse tactics with Floyd. He knows he's going to need to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.