Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 13 2010, 04:16 AM) *
Not only talking between rounds was worthless, now imagine his Dad training him and Shane not really learning anything new. Mosley with Naz is learning stuff NOW during training camps so he will be better prepared come fight time. Seemed like Shane always winged it and got by mainly on his athletic ability and skills. I just think he is more of a complete fighter.

at this stage of the game mosely isnt doing anything new... once he gets flustered he will revert back to his winging style... the diffrence is lil floyd no matter whats happening keeps his cool and is a master at figuring out what his opponent is doing... moslely can win this if has several diffrent fight plans that work... if he has one game plan like im sure he ultimately will, no matter what they work on in the gym cuzz like i said he's not gonna become a new fighter this late in the game, he will get figured out and dominated down the stretch..ud for lil floyd...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 14 2010, 01:45 PM) *
at this stage of the game mosely isnt doing anything new... once he gets flustered he will revert back to his winging style... the diffrence is lil floyd no matter whats happening keeps his cool and is a master at figuring out what his opponent is doing... moslely can win this if has several diffrent fight plans that work... if he has one game plan like im sure he ultimately will, no matter what they work on in the gym cuzz like i said he's not gonna become a new fighter this late in the game, he will get figured out and dominated down the stretch..ud for lil floyd...

No offense JLUV, but you ALWAYS rag on Mosley so I try not to take your posts about Mosley too seriously.(overall you are a great poster though) friends.gif

Anyway, if nothing has changed I guess you missed his fight with Margarito? So why was EVERYONE picking Margarito to kill Shane beforehand??? Then as soon as Mosley puts on an amazing performance, everyone wants to downplay it and act as if Margarito was a freaking bum. And he was tailor made for Mosley,hahaha. Then again why did next to no one pick Mosley to win? ALSO, did you see his fight with Mayorga? Did you see him struggle? Did you see him have no game plan really and just wing it? That is what I saw. I personally saw two different fighters in those fights.

So you say Floyd is a master at figuring out his opponents. Pretty easy for him these last bunch of years considering his weak competion. Would have loved to see Mayweather do those things to Winky or Forrest, then maybe I would give him way more credit. It has been a long time since Mayweather had a live body in front of him. IT will be different against Mosley who will be by far Floyd's toughest test in his whole career. Then we will see if Floyd is as good as he and his rabid fans think. I know I am not changing your opinion and you are not changing mine. We will have to wait til May 1st and see. If Floyd does beat Mosley by dominating UD, I will give props to him and YOU for calling it.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 15 2010, 04:18 PM) *
No offense JLUV, but you ALWAYS rag on Mosley so I try not to take your posts about Mosley too seriously.(overall you are a great poster though) friends.gif

Anyway, if nothing has changed I guess you missed his fight with Margarito? So why was EVERYONE picking Margarito to kill Shane beforehand??? Then as soon as Mosley puts on an amazing performance, everyone wants to downplay it and act as if Margarito was a freaking bum. And he was tailor made for Mosley,hahaha. Then again why did next to no one pick Mosley to win? ALSO, did you see his fight with Mayorga? Did you see him struggle? Did you see him have no game plan really and just wing it? That is what I saw. I personally saw two different fighters in those fights.

So you say Floyd is a master at figuring out his opponents. Pretty easy for him these last bunch of years considering his weak competion. Would have loved to see Mayweather do those things to Winky or Forrest, then maybe I would give him way more credit. It has been a long time since Mayweather had a live body in front of him. IT will be different against Mosley who will be by far Floyd's toughest test in his whole career. Then we will see if Floyd is as good as he and his rabid fans think. I know I am not changing your opinion and you are not changing mine. We will have to wait til May 1st and see. If Floyd does beat Mosley by dominating UD, I will give props to him and YOU for calling it.

ill be honest i have ragged on mosely pretty good in the past... lol... while im not a true fan of his i do appreciate the skills he brings to the table and appreciate him over all as a fighter... and as i said in i think my previous post or an earlier one is that shane CAN win the fight if he fights the right fight and that is in my mind he will need a good solid 3 or 4 game plans to his disposal to continusly show mayweather a diffrent look every few rounds... if mayweather loses im of the belief that thats the kind of fight plan that will ultimately beat him, unless someone is just able to one hitter quit him ala tarver/jones II... i just dont think at 38 or 39 mosely can change his style long enough, once frustrated trying to box he will result to his power punching style and that will def spell his demise in the fight, but im glad its happening now rather than never... hes like an old man stuck in his ways plus i think he thinks hes a bomber now and the style he fought margarito with def. get out boxed by mayweather...

im not down downplaying the fight as if margarito was a bum but what i have said is, and ive never waivered on this feeling, but i dont think margarito was mentally prepared for that fight after what happened with the hand wraps before the fight... just my thought... everyone was picking margarito cuzz shane was considered a shot fighter or shall i say passed his prime... going into the fight margarito coming off his fight with cotto was a smart pick imo...

as for mayweather and who he fought and lack of competition at welter... sure i would have liked to have seen him fight winkey or forrest but mayweather always made it clear his fight with oscar was planned to be his one time fight at 154... i know winky was 154 and forget off the top of my head rather or not he and forrest shared 147 at the same time... his fights happened the way they happened and would i have liked to have seen him fight cotto or margarito or williams at 147?.. hell yeah... if you go back in the archives i was always adament that cotto and williams where both fighters that i thought WOULD beat him had he fought them.... so im not riding mayweathers bandwagon so to say but i think he has what it takes to do actually a pretty good number on mosely and any other welter thats ou there right now.... cotto is now heavy damaged goods and judging by the marquez fight its quite possible floyd outboxes him tho i still think thats a very dangerous fight...

on a side note i didnt get to make the allstar game but my co-worker did and he met mayweather at one of the malls out there... instantly the talk of how great he was came up... the comment i made was that he is a great fighter for whats avaliable today... one fighter from the not so distant past i know would have beat him was pernell whitaker... that was contreversial according to my co-workers thinking but what ever...lol...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Feb 13 2010, 11:53 PM) *
Shane's starting to get down and dirty in there. I don't know if it's what Hop's been telling him, or just some repressed anger from dealing with Jin all those years, but he's been a changed man in the ring the past couple years.

It is like Jim fucked him in the arse all those years & he only now discovered what a pussy was for.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 16 2010, 05:13 AM) *
It is like Jim fucked him in the arse all those years & he only now discovered what a pussy was for.

Jim must be one bad dude.
MarzB
LOL, I was wondering if someone would pick up on that.

The press conference for this is due soon and I'm wondering if they're going to wait after March 6th to do it.

Some other thoughts. Potential sparring partners.

For Shane- I would see if either of the Peterson bros are available for and that kid Mike Sharpe who was in DLH's camp for Mayweather. I also think that Nazim's son Rock Allen will definitely be used.

For Mayweather- The british kid Degale (they've sparred before). No welterweights. Spar with guys jr middle to super middle to prepare for Shane's strength advantage.

Speaking of Jin , they should get her during the 24/7s. That would be GREAT!!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 16 2010, 12:17 PM) *
LOL, I was wondering if someone would pick up on that.

The press conference for this is due soon and I'm wondering if they're going to wait after March 6th to do it.

Some other thoughts. Potential sparring partners.

For Shane- I would see if either of the Peterson bros are available for and that kid Mike Sharpe who was in DLH's camp for Mayweather. I also think that Nazim's son Rock Allen will definitely be used.

For Mayweather- The british kid Degale (they've sparred before). No welterweights. Spar with guys jr middle to super middle to prepare for Shane's strength advantage.

Speaking of Jin , they should get her during the 24/7s. That would be GREAT!!

The very best sparring partner for Shane would have been the Berto fight. Mosley needs to take a page from Marciano and Mancini and pound PBF's arms and body into mush, then crush the gourde.

SMartinez would have been a good sparring partner for Floyd. He needs to practice hitting things that hurt, like my ludicrously over stuffed heavy bag. It solidifies your form which makes it much less likely to damage your hands on an abnormally thick skull.

But, what do I know?

Fitz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 18 2010, 01:15 PM) *
The very best sparring partner for Shane would have been the Berto fight. Mosley needs to take a page from Marciano and Mancini and pound PBF's arms and body into mush, then crush the gourde.

Agreed about hitting arms, shoulders and basically anything.

Marz, I remember you mentioned this a week or so ago. Do you really think hitting shoulders and arms is illegal/dirty? I think it's perfectly legit.
Keith
This is definatley a fight where Shane cant be picky. Thats what cost him in the Cotto fight. Those last 3-4 rounds against Cotto were excrutiating to watch. He just didnt throw enough punches to get Cotto to fold up.

He needs to lay on a bit volume against Floyd. Floyd is used to being very relaxed and when your relaxed you dont tire as quickly.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 18 2010, 03:29 AM) *
Agreed about hitting arms, shoulders and basically anything.

Marz, I remember you mentioned this a week or so ago. Do you really think hitting shoulders and arms is illegal/dirty? I think it's perfectly legit.

Mosley should hit Mayweather anywhere & everywhere. Especially the arms. he may get lucky & cork his tricep.
JLUVBABY
floyd is gonna slowly break mosley down and i wont be surprised if he stops him late ala what he would have done to zab judah... as fast as shane is it can be argued judah is faster so i dont see lil floyd having a problem breaking him down sooner rather than later... and judah was a pretty sharp puncher himself.. its the same kind of fight for lil floyd except for shane will be dangerous a little more longer...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 18 2010, 03:43 AM) *
floyd is gonna slowly break mosley down and i wont be surprised if he stops him late ala what he would have done to zab judah... as fast as shane is it can be argued judah is faster so i dont see lil floyd having a problem breaking him down sooner rather than later... and judah was a pretty sharp puncher himself.. its the same kind of fight for lil floyd except for shane will be dangerous a little more longer...

Zab is a mental midget who has speed & power in spurts. Shane also has a trainer rather than a moron in his corner. When has Shane ever been stopped?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2010, 10:43 PM) *

JLUV you are out of your damn mind if you think Floyd has a chance in hell at stopping Mosley.
MarzB
Do you really think hitting shoulders and arms is illegal/dirty?

Nah, it's not illegal in fact I suggested Mosley MUST do this if he's gonna win. As a guy who enjoys skills I'm not a FAN of the tactic but I can acknowledge it's effectiveness and it hasn't been implemented against Floyd. However keep in mind that when doing this, he does concede to Floyd in many other ways that could affect him later ("I can't outbox you and you recognize that so I'm reverting this) and make Floyd adjust to what he's doing.

Some of whats I'm going to say has already been said and I'll say it again. I think Shane's gonna mentally FRY despite his AWESOME preparation going into this fight. It's been mentioned by multiple people here including me about Shane's mental/emotional psyche. That said, even if he chooses to commit to a shoulder arm attack, Mosley is TOO flat foot footed and wide swinging that he'll be countered.

Mark my words on this, if FLOYD can (FINALLY, one of my biggest criticisms of his style as of late) use more combinations, Mosley is gonna end up bloody or with puffy eyes since he loves proving how much of a "warrior" he is. He'll see all that macho schit of being able to TAKE May's shots is gonna have him WAY behind in the scorecards where he'll then get even MORE desperate leaving himself open for counters.
AussieLad
Anyone who thinks floyd will stop mosely is simply deluded
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2010, 09:43 PM) *

Oh how I wish that was true!

He'll outbox him but I wouldn't put my money on stopping him. I'm guessing rounds 6-10 will be amazing. Thats when Floyd usually decides to put on his brilliant offensive displays.
JD
LOL at the thought of Floyd stopping Mosley.

He didn't want to take the risk necessary to stop Marquez...a lightweight who could not hurt him. Now he is going to step on the gas and stop Mosley? Awesome!
D-MARV
Floyd stopping Shane is a big stretch... But I wonder what the odds would be for a Floyd late stoppage!

I made a lot money off of Pacquiao stopping De la Hoya. Nobody saw that coming either.
JD
I think there is a demeanor difference at play here though.

Floyd is so risk averse...
Nay_Sayer
What's the line and the over/under for this fight?
JD
Last I saw, Floyd was at -270, Shane at +210.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 18 2010, 08:42 AM) *

He'll outbox him but I wouldn't put my money on stopping him. I'm guessing rounds 6-10 will be amazing. Thats when Floyd usually decides to put on his brilliant offensive displays.

Hey King, that clip of Shaq and Conan is fricken hilarious. I watched it about 10 times in a row. lol
Keith
I wonder what the odds are for Shane stopping Floyd?

IMO it more likely that Shane stops Floyd then the other way around.

Thats the outcome nobody is talking about, but the one that could happen. Shane has ko power and we really dont know much about Floyds chin.... because he is risk averse and he is so good defensively.

Lil-lightsout
Man I can not wait for this fight! LOL at JLUV thinking Floyd will/can stop Mosley, and 3KING3's mention of Floyd's "brilliant offensive displays". Both you guys are delusional and certified haters of Mosley. Floyd is not fighting JMM or Ricky fucking Hatton, he is going to be in there with "Sugar" Shane Mosley. All PBF's potshotting tactics and defensive maneuvers are not going to be enough against the skill,speed, and power of Shane. Remember hearing about 140 lb.Lamont Peterson giving Floyd all he could handle in sparring? Sure PBF looked amazing against 135lb JMM, but it was a freaking blown up lightweight.

One thing I KNOW for sure is Mayweather is going to get his chin checked. How he reacts is going to be key in this fight. My bet is that when he opens up, if he actually mans up, at some point he will get hurt and Mosley will brutally KO him. Mayweather has been feasting on smaller lesser fighters for too long now, while Mosley has been in with better, much harder punching, and bigger fighters. I honestly just do not see Mayweather having enough firepower to keep Shane honest, and Floyd's lack of offensive output will hurt him. I know someone mentioned Cotto outboxing Mosley in this thread earlier, but I would say to that Cotto was undefeated and not wrecked by AM yet and I think Shane respected Cotto's power and did not go after him early enough. Where I just do not see Mayweather getting Shane's respect. Oscar fought Floyd tough, and sure Mayweather won, but even in that fight Floyd could have done so much more. Not since his fight with Corrales, which IMO was a magnificent all around performance by Floyd, have I seen Floyd open up enough against a quality opponent. His fights with Castillo too showed he shows too much defense and not enough offense.

I could be setting myself up for some major harrassment if Mosley loses. BUT I truly am very confident that Mosley is too much for Mayweather which I always thought. My official pick is late stoppage win for Mosley or unanimous decision if Floyd covers up too much and does not open up enough. Sure Floyd has never been stopped or even close to it, but it is still my pick.
JD
The over / under is 11.5...if you want to bet the over, it's at -350. The under is at +290.
neophyte7
Sounds good up above, but Floyd is a great athlete in his prime... He is preserved and his performance against Marquez was sign of how sharp he is going to be... You think PBF is going to just let Mosley hit his arms LMAO--- Shane is going to get so frustrated when Mayweather puts the defense on him and counters him hard- Shane's KO power??? ok in his last 15 fights he has three ko's Vargas Mayorga Margarito... all punching bags LMAO- don't be suprised if Shane ends up hurt with a punch he don't see when he leaps with his punches as he always does.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Feb 17 2010, 09:51 PM) *
JLUV you are out of your damn mind if you think Floyd has a chance in hell at stopping Mosley.

sweet i see this fight being very similiar to the judah fight... mosely will meet the same fate late i believe... out of my mind... lol... this is boxing homie... dont be surprised to see shane getting buzzed late when lil floyd gets to teeing off on him... cuzz this fight is not gonna be close...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 17 2010, 08:55 PM) *
Zab is a mental midget who has speed & power in spurts. Shane also has a trainer rather than a moron in his corner. When has Shane ever been stopped?

shane does have naseem stev. but naseem cant control mosely like a video game once they are in the ring either... calmness under early pressure will win this fight for mayweather going away...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 18 2010, 06:42 AM) *

i wouldnt bet my bank on it king but im telling you floyd will have a chance in the fight for it... he has a chance in most of his fights he just doesnt take the chances... it is what it is...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 18 2010, 07:21 PM) *
Man I can not wait for this fight! LOL at JLUV thinking Floyd will/can stop Mosley, and 3KING3's mention of Floyd's "brilliant offensive displays". Both you guys are delusional and certified haters of Mosley. Floyd is not fighting JMM or Ricky fucking Hatton, he is going to be in there with "Sugar" Shane Mosley. All PBF's potshotting tactics and defensive maneuvers are not going to be enough against the skill,speed, and power of Shane. Remember hearing about 140 lb.Lamont Peterson giving Floyd all he could handle in sparring? Sure PBF looked amazing against 135lb JMM, but it was a freaking blown up lightweight.

One thing I KNOW for sure is Mayweather is going to get his chin checked. How he reacts is going to be key in this fight. My bet is that when he opens up, if he actually mans up, at some point he will get hurt and Mosley will brutally KO him. Mayweather has been feasting on smaller lesser fighters for too long now, while Mosley has been in with better, much harder punching, and bigger fighters. I honestly just do not see Mayweather having enough firepower to keep Shane honest, and Floyd's lack of offensive output will hurt him. I know someone mentioned Cotto outboxing Mosley in this thread earlier, but I would say to that Cotto was undefeated and not wrecked by AM yet and I think Shane respected Cotto's power and did not go after him early enough. Where I just do not see Mayweather getting Shane's respect. Oscar fought Floyd tough, and sure Mayweather won, but even in that fight Floyd could have done so much more. Not since his fight with Corrales, which IMO was a magnificent all around performance by Floyd, have I seen Floyd open up enough against a quality opponent. His fights with Castillo too showed he shows too much defense and not enough offense.

I could be setting myself up for some major harrassment if Mosley loses. BUT I truly am very confident that Mosley is too much for Mayweather which I always thought. My official pick is late stoppage win for Mosley or unanimous decision if Floyd covers up too much and does not open up enough. Sure Floyd has never been stopped or even close to it, but it is still my pick.

lol... i had to respond to this post... no way floyd loses to a 39 yr old... matter of fact im throwing up a sig bet on this fight with you lil lightsout... you down homie?... lol.... (1 month skys the limit) my take is floyd simply to win... im not picking ko for the bet if you take it tho i think he will have a chance for it in this fight... as delusional as you guys think that is i look for shane to get that outclassed that even if lil floyd doesnt go for it he will have a chance for one somewhere late in the fight...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 18 2010, 10:50 PM) *
Yes he has a chance in most of his fights, he just doesn't take them against some poor opposition, but all of a sudden he will be taking them against Mosley? I just don't see it.

what im sayin fitz is as this fight is going on and mosely is wearing down mayweather might start setting traps... mosely is gonna be 39 i believe... he will find that as good as he still is he is just in with a better fighter...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 18 2010, 11:38 PM) *
sweet i see this fight being very similiar to the judah fight... mosely will meet the same fate late i believe... out of my mind... lol... this is boxing homie... dont be surprised to see shane getting buzzed late when lil floyd gets to teeing off on him... cuzz this fight is not gonna be close...

Hmmmmmm.

Judah is a four round fighter who gasses, Shane does not and gets stronger.

Judah has mentality of a 4 yr old, Shane does not and has a good head on his shoulders with great desire in the ring.

Teeing off late on Mosley late, hahaha. Why not with Oscar? Sure did not tee off on lightweight JMM,lol. Took him long enough to get Hatton out of there. Could not stop a gassed Judah either. But he is going to stop Mosley? Wow.

Not going to be close??? Man you freaking lost it dude. Your hate is blinding your judgement. How can you possibly...nevermind. I sure think Mosley can win this fight, but I would not even say he is going to win easy and I certainly won't say it's not going to be close. Amazing by watching Floyd fight JMM, Hatton, Judah,and PHP Oscar that he has so many fooled.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 18 2010, 10:58 PM) *
Hmmmmmm.

Judah is a four round fighter who gasses, Shane does not and gets stronger.

Judah has mentality of a 4 yr old, Shane does not and has a good head on his shoulders with great desire in the ring.

Teeing off late on Mosley late, hahaha. Why not with Oscar? Sure did not tee off on lightweight JMM,lol. Took him long enough to get Hatton out of there. Could not stop a gassed Judah either. But he is going to stop Mosley? Wow.

Not going to be close??? Man you freaking lost it dude. Your hate is blinding your judgement. How can you possibly...nevermind. I sure think Mosley can win this fight, but I would not even say he is going to win easy and I certainly won't say it's not going to be close. Amazing by watching Floyd fight JMM, Hatton, Judah,and PHP Oscar that he has so many fooled.

well then take the sig bet.... its just for a month...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 18 2010, 11:51 PM) *
lol... i had to respond to this post... no way floyd loses to a 39 yr old... matter of fact im throwing up a sig bet on this fight with you lil lightsout... you down homie?... lol.... (1 month skys the limit) my take is floyd simply to win... im not picking ko for the bet if you take it tho i think he will have a chance for it in this fight... as delusional as you guys think that is i look for shane to get that outclassed that even if lil floyd doesnt go for it he will have a chance for one somewhere late in the fight...

How old is Hopkins? So what how old is Mosley, did not look it last year. If Mosley gets old overnight, which I just do not see, then I will end up eating crow.

Sure I will take you up on the sig bet, though some other fool a while back wanted some, but he was a joke. I will probably have to get some help from say a King Eugene to help me out, or I am sure I can figure something out by then. Not computer literate.

Actually screw KING, he's rooting for Mayweather, I will figure something out by then.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 19 2010, 12:01 AM) *
well then take the sig bet.... its just for a month...

easy there bro. I did not see it up there at the time. Read post above fool,lol.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 18 2010, 11:08 PM) *
easy there bro. I did not see it up there at the time. Read post above fool,lol.

lol.. thats what im talking bout... alert ceo of this and its good... 1 month starting may 2nd... clean but crazy.... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 18 2010, 11:08 PM) *

lol.. thats what im talking bout... alert ceo of this and its good... 1 month starting may 2nd... clean but crazy.... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 18 2010, 11:04 PM) *
How old is Hopkins? So what how old is Mosley, did not look it last year. If Mosley gets old overnight, which I just do not see, then I will end up eating crow.

Sure I will take you up on the sig bet, though some other fool a while back wanted some, but he was a joke. I will probably have to get some help from say a King Eugene to help me out, or I am sure I can figure something out by then. Not computer literate.

Actually screw KING, he's rooting for Mayweather, I will figure something out by then.

mosely is not hopkins... and even if he is he doesnt have what it takes to beat a younger fresher fighter ust like hopkins isnt beating a chad dawson...
JD
Yes...Floyd is suddenly going to cease being risk averse when he has the most dangerous fighter he has had in front of him in years and years. Come on.

Some people buy into Floyd's yapping..."you ready to die in there??!" What, is Floyd going to stop Shane with defense? Decision him...sure...but get him out of there? LOL

Pattern recognition will pay dividends, and the only way Floyd stops Shane is if Mosley is so hurt by something, all Floyd has to do blow on him and he will fall - and even then I question whether Floyd would take that risk; it is just not his demeanor. Win the fight and take the absolute least amount of risk possible...don't be hit far outweighs hit, and that's fine - it has worked fabulously for him. In fact, Floyd has managed to become a "must see" attraction while many people claim that they do not enjoy seeing him fight...go figure.

Point is, on May 1st, there is no way in hell Mayweather is going to take the risks necessary to bang Shane out of there, and in fairness...why should he? It would mean fighting Shane's fight at times if he did that.
Douchebag
Why are people forgetting that Shane has one of the best gas tanks and chins in all of boxing?
JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 19 2010, 09:21 AM) *
On the Money.

But, I doubt that PBF is capable of taking Mosley out, no matter the risk. On the other hand, I believe that Floyd will be forced to take Manny Sue out fairly early, if that fight ever materializes.

I do not see a scenario where Floyd can get Shane out of there either.
streetlion1
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Feb 19 2010, 08:26 AM) *
Why are people forgetting that Shane has one of the best gas tanks and chins in all of boxing?

Yea.....I was thinking the same thing as I read some of the comments about Shane being stopped. Floyd wont be able to hurt Shane and Shane knows that. Mayweather will be forced to fight in this one....I see a very good fight here! I think Shane fights Mayweather like a big man....gets inside and roughs him while landing some good shots on Floyd......Now I know Floyd will adapt to that stategy by just stepping on the gas even more but Shane has the fast hands and stamina to put pressure on him all night.

Also lets not forget the Naz factor in Shanes corner either.....This WILL BE Mayweathers 1st loss.
neophyte7
Shane barely beat Collazo--- the bigger man theory is over hyped...
PR316
I agree that Mayweather ain't taking Mosley out, but he will win convincingly.

Too skilled and too smart. Mosley will be frustrated the same way he was against Forrest, Wright, and Cotto. He may come on strong late and make it closer on the cards but it won't be enough.

Mosley is a guy who looks good when you stand in front of him(Similar to Trinidad). But if you box him from the outside, show him movement and counter punching he's lost.

I see no scenario for a Mosley win here. I honestly think you'd have to be a big Mayweather hater to pick him to lose this fight.

The only man who can beat Mayweather IMO is Manny Pacquiao.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 19 2010, 10:05 AM) *

I think you should edit this post again.
JD

By barely, do you mean that he won at least 10 rounds clearly?

I think it's hilarious that in one breath you are telling us Shane barely beat Collazo, but in another breath Floyd handled Castillo easily rendering him "unable to do shit".

Fantastic!
Douchebag

You didn't watch that fight did you?
Lil-lightsout

Wow, straight from a nut hugging fan and not a true fan of the sport. Did you even watch the fight? Are you thinking of Berto and Collazo?

JD's post is hilarious.
ROLL DEEP
2 ways this fight goes down in my opinion;

1) Floyd IS too slick, quick and pot shots a frustrated Mosley to win a UD. Mosley, who does sometimes fight with his heart on his sleeve, gets frustrated with a defensive and back peddling Mayweather, starts to try to press the action more and starts getting hit more. Nothing major, but enough for Mayweather to win. Floyd is NOT stopping Shane.

2) Mosley, who is just as quick, is too much for Floyd to handle. His combination punches, head movement, stamina and pressure has Floyd in fits all night and Floyd can't get into his rythem, a la 1st Castillo fight, but with a more skillful Shane instead of Castillo, Mosley is too strong and Floyd has trouble slipping, sliding and shoulder rolling against him. Mosley wins via SD.

Personally, I think the first scenario will happen, but Mosley WILL DEFINATELY have his moments and Floyds corner will be worried at times.

The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 19 2010, 12:04 AM) *

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 19 2010, 12:12 AM) *

FYI....I'll be settin' up THE FH Mayweather-Mosley Sig|Avatar|Title Bet Thread on or around March 1st...you guys can negotiate and secure a bet in there...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.