Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
torvix2000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 19 2010, 04:53 PM) *
FYI....I'll be settin' up THE FH Mayweather-Mosley Sig|Avatar|Title Bet Thread on or around March 1st...you guys can negotiate and secure a bet in there...

Lol! Bettors will now probably include bets on Gayweather having a rib injury.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 19 2010, 10:53 AM) *
FYI....I'll be settin' up THE FH Mayweather-Mosley Sig|Avatar|Title Bet Thread on or around March 1st...you guys can negotiate and secure a bet in there...

you read this huh lil lightsout... lol...
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 19 2010, 11:53 AM) *

shok.gif

Looks like ill be turning the sigs off for a while again. laugh.gif Gay Klitschko sig season has returned.
JLUVBABY
whats up with this thread?.. why is it dead all of a sudden?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 26 2010, 04:21 PM) *
whats up with this thread?.. why is it dead all of a sudden?

Probably because there is still 63 more days until the fight, but who's counting.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Feb 26 2010, 03:59 PM) *
Probably because there is still 63 more days until the fight, but who's counting.

Tickets (officially) on sale Tuesday, March 2.

Is the New York press conference the same day?
Keith

These are from another thread but I brought them here for some discussion...

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 24 2010, 08:15 PM) *
i talk shit on mosely and expects him to lose but he does have a chance in the fight like ive said before... he needs to bring multiple game plans maybe 4 or 5 of them

QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 27 2010, 05:21 AM) *
I'd agree JLUV. When Shane is 'on' he is very very good but inevitably it's one style. The fights he's lost are the ones where he has been forced to go to a plan B and doesn't have one.

When has Floyd fought with multiple gameplans? He appears to me as fighting essentially the same in every fight. He is a back footed counter puncher with an excellent jab. He is very patient, gauges your speed against his, waits for you to make mistakes and then exposes them with clean sharp punching.

Maybe I'm missing something or misunderstanding what you mean by "gameplan". I'm not being a dick, I really would like to discuss this issue of exactly how much "smarter" Floyd is then Shane. Its important.
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 27 2010, 09:37 AM) *
PBF is one of the greatest I have ever seen at making adjustments between and even during rounds. Shane has not shone as accomplished an ability to adjust. He must overwhelm all adjustments with war. PBF must be forced to engage in a 12 round firefight.

Can we all agree that its rather easy to look "smart" and make adjustments between and during rounds when your fighting the likes of Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, Old de la Hoya, Hatton, and "tiny" Marquez.

Is there anybody in that list above that Shane doesnt beat as bad or worse then Floyd?

I concede the point that Floyd has a higher ring IQ then Shane. I argue the point that its as great as some make it out to be.

Collazo is respected for being a skilled fighter and Shane outboxed him. Shane displayed a trememdous amount of skill, gameplan, and ring generalship against Margarito. Even in the Cotto loss, Shane changed up his game in the middle of the fight... he got up in his toes and started moving around the ring and working better angles which started to turn the fight in his favor (at least thats what I thought). He's not the mental midget in the ring some make him out to be, and now that he actually has a trainer who knows what he's doing... it stands to reason he would only get better.
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 27 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Gatti.

Shane Mosley beats Gatti by brutal KO. Every time. Way too big and strong. Gatti ate punches in just about every fight. How many Mosley right hands do you think he could take?
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 27 2010, 11:15 AM) *
I assume that we are talking about a scenario where we replace PBF with Mosley in the actual fight.

If that is the case, I believe that Gatti would have given Mosley a MUCH harder time than he was able to give Floyd. It is about the styles. I agree that Mosley would have won, probably by late KO, but Gatti would have scored heavily on Shane. He barely touched PBF.

Ok, thats fair. I think its ends sooner then it did against PBF though.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 27 2010, 10:52 AM) *
Shane Mosley beats Gatti by brutal KO. Every time. Way too big and strong. Gatti ate punches in just about every fight. How many Mosley right hands do you think he could take?

Agreed with this. Shane's power mixed with Gatti's 'hittability' means I don't think this fight makes it to the end of the third round.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 27 2010, 08:57 AM) *

When has Floyd fought with multiple gameplans? He appears to me as fighting essentially the same in every fight. He is a back footed counter puncher with an excellent jab. He is very patient, gauges your speed against his, waits for you to make mistakes and then exposes them with clean sharp punching.

Maybe I'm missing something or misunderstanding what you mean by "gameplan". I'm not being a dick, I really would like to discuss this issue of exactly how much "smarter" Floyd is then Shane. Its important.

No doubt Keith I'd agree that Floyd has a certain style although that would be true of most fighters.

The 2nd part of your 1st paragraph is closer to what I was trying to get at. Yes I agree Floyd will mix up the tempo of the fight, he will pick and choose spots, he does seem very good at changing gears during a fight.

Knowing when to be patient and when to change tempo seem to be 2 of Floyd's best weapons and thus I'd put that under ring smarts. Mosley to me is a guy that seems to fight really well at one pace, and sometimes that pace is as fast as a locomotive (or war train LOL) but to me the fights where he struggles are those ebb and flow kinda battles where he only has spots and can't dictate the pace of the fight.

Heck the most recent example would be the Mayorga fight.

Don't get me wrong a Mosley victory would make my YEAR but as much as I hate Mayweather I don't see him losing this fight.

Keith
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 27 2010, 06:22 PM) *
Knowing when to be patient and when to change tempo seem to be 2 of Floyd's best weapons and thus I'd put that under ring smarts. Mosley to me is a guy that seems to fight really well at one pace, and sometimes that pace is as fast as a locomotive (or war train LOL) but to me the fights where he struggles are those ebb and flow kinda battles where he only has spots and can't dictate the pace of the fight.

I see a problem for Floyd in this fight that hasnt been talked about... that being that he is risk averse oriented, a patient counter puncher.

What happens if he gets down on the cards? We have never seen that Floyd. What if after 6 he's down 2-4 or after 8 he's down 3-5. Then he has to go and get the rounds instead of his opponent having to come to him. That has really been the brilliant Floyd we've seen over the years.

If Shane comes out strong and gets a lead on the cards(Floyd isnt a particularly fast starter)... we might see a Floyd that isnt so smart.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 27 2010, 08:20 PM) *
I see a problem for Floyd in this fight that hasnt been talked about... that being that he is risk averse oriented, a patient counter puncher.

What happens if he gets down on the cards? We have never seen that Floyd. What if after 6 he's down 2-4 or after 8 he's down 3-5. Then he has to go and get the rounds instead of his opponent having to come to him. That has really been the brilliant Floyd we've seen over the years.

If Shane comes out strong and gets a lead on the cards(Floyd isnt a particularly fast starter)... we might see a Floyd that isnt so smart.

Part of my analysis comes from the Judah fight. I had Floyd 4 zip down in that fight and he seemed awfully calm. Yeah it's easy to say in hindsight that Zab is a front runner and so forth but I can tell you for me personally after 4 rounds of that fight (and having given Zab a KD that wasn't credited) I was on the edge of my seat.

The way Floyd came back so calmly in that fight, well I have to give the fucker some credit.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 27 2010, 07:57 AM) *

i cant speak for ollie bu for me what i was saying and beardo commented on this a post after yours but shane cant go into this fight with just one style... if he does mayweather WILL figure him out and go on to outclass him... in my opinion this fight is for shane to win and for mayweather to lose at this point... for shane to win he needs to be able to getthe early rounds in the bag then change up what he's doing (another game plan) and have other plans in the hat just in case what he starts to try doesnt work.... mayweather is cool as a cucumber under pressure and will figure our mosely if he comes in thinking his size and strength will be enough to win the fight... thats why i brought up the possibility of a stoppage for mayweather... mayweather may not go for it but if mosely shows up with just one gear late in the fight the opp will present itself...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 28 2010, 03:30 AM) *
Part of my analysis comes from the Judah fight. I had Floyd 4 zip down in that fight and he seemed awfully calm. Yeah it's easy to say in hindsight that Zab is a front runner and so forth but I can tell you for me personally after 4 rounds of that fight (and having given Zab a KD that wasn't credited) I was on the edge of my seat.

The way Floyd came back so calmly in that fight, well I have to give the fucker some credit.

i might add also im not sure mosely is as fast and as energetic as judah... but you are right i gave judah the first 4 rounds as well... its what happened after that that brings into to question what if judah had alternate game plans... he didnt and he was figured out and systematically beaten down and all on the verge of being tko'd before that low blow and that shit broke out in the ring...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
quote name='SmartyBeardo' date='Feb 28 2010, 05:03 AM' post='474579']
I've been reviewing PBF's fights for awhile and I have to agree with you, Ollie. However, I see a nonchalance similar to Abraham's. I am not a Floyd hugger or hater. The dude is a flat out badass in my opinion. But, De La Hoya almost got him, and he was not as dangerous as I believe Shane is right now.

I have described what Mosley must do to win. I now believe that he can out point PBF, if he attacks the body from the git go and finishes every round strong.
[/quote]

I have to say Beardo aside from our shaky beginnings I agree with a hell of a lot you have to say about the fight game (apart perhaps from Gayweather KO'ing Manny Sue).

A little off topic, I won't be out for the Mosley/PBF fight but will probably be in the States for the next one after that, Pac/PBF???!!!???

Would be nice to catch up with you and a few other Fight Hypers especially my 2 fellow THE Brig members, and even a few pontoonsmen. Keith, Snoop, CEO in particular. They all sound like dudes who would enjoy watching re-runs of Infernal Affairs parts 1, 2 and 3. And of course J. Blaze, FH's resident Archie Moore fanatic (every site has one.)

Shoot if Danny Green's next fight is Bumdine I may pop over the ditch and catch a cold one with either Fitz or Stevenski.
Keith
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 28 2010, 04:30 AM) *

Ya I would agree that Floyd was down in on the cards at least 1-3.

Shane is so much tougher the Judah. Physicaly and mentally. Zab is so weak physically, he just falls apart once people start hitting him, and when he starts to fall apart he mentally gives up. So yes, I recognize that Floyd was down on the cards but credit his victory as much to Zab as I would to Floyd himself.
D-MARV
I had Zab up 3-1 against Floyd. But I never thought he was gonna win the fight. If boxing were 4 rounds then Zab will be ranked p4p right now. Shane is a slow starter IMO. He has to start fast against Floyd and steal some early rounds. He can NOT let Floyd get comfortable in there or he will lose by a large Margin. I don't think Shane will KO Floyd but there is a slim chance that he can outwork Floyd by throwing punches in bunches and trapping Floyd against the ropes.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 28 2010, 04:03 AM) *
I've been reviewing PBF's fights for awhile and I have to agree with you, Ollie. However, I see a nonchalance similar to Abraham's. I am not a Floyd hugger or hater. The dude is a flat out badass in my opinion. But, De La Hoya almost got him, and he was not as dangerous as I believe Shane is right now.

I have described what Mosley must do to win. I now believe that he can out point PBF, if he attacks the body from the git go and finishes every round strong.

that dela hoya fight is a weird one... i gave hoya 3 rounds in that fight... the only people that ive talked to that thought it was close or hoya won are the group that went to that fight that sat in the nose bleeds... i dont see how hoya almost got him...
The CEO
It was obvious Mayweather carried De La Hoya...I saw it clearly 8-4...very easy to score.

My call as of right now is that Mayweather will beat Mosley in "an easier than expected fashion"...

Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 28 2010, 01:27 PM) *
It was obvious Mayweather carried De La Hoya...I saw it clearly 8-4...very easy to score.

My call as of right now is that Mayweather will beat Mosley in "an easier than expected fashion"...

Where's that sig bet thread?

I think maybe I might call you out. laugh.gif

nah, I think I'll probably stay pure for this one. Its too big.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 28 2010, 01:27 PM) *

Yep... pretty much. He wanted to ensure his multi-million dollar rematch.

If you go back and watch round 5, you can tell that Floyd could have stepped up and stopped Oscar!
Fitz
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 1 2010, 01:08 PM) *
Yep... pretty much. He wanted to ensure his multi-million dollar rematch.

If you go back and watch round 5, you can tell that Floyd could have stepped up and stopped Oscar!

Ok, I get what you are saying but stepped up and stopped Oscar? That is going a little far. He hasn't been able to 'step' up and stop Baldomir, unable to step up and stop Judah and hasn't been able to stop lightweight Marquez. I don't think Mayweather was ever going to stop DLH.
Spyder
Floyd hasn't thought about stopping someone since the Gatti fight. The other TKO's came from sheer happenstance.

NO WAY IN HELL was Floyd able to stop Oscar. That is the one thing that Oscar is good for...his whiskers.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 28 2010, 10:20 PM) *
Ok, I get what you are saying but stepped up and stopped Oscar? That is going a little far. He hasn't been able to 'step' up and stop Baldomir, unable to step up and stop Judah and hasn't been able to stop lightweight Marquez. I don't think Mayweather was ever going to stop DLH.

Baldomir is damn near unstoppable! Floyd also hurt his hand in that fight but he still wouldn't have stopped him. I also think Floyd damn near had Judah out of there before the 10th round riot. Judah was taking a savage beating. As far as Marquez is concerned... I think floyd could have taken him out if he stepped on the gas but I guess thats the point you guys are trying to make. My point is that Floyd carried Oscar and I HONESTLY believe that he could have stopped Oscar if he would have opened up! But that's a moot point. Floyd isn't stopping Mosley!
jlupi
Baldomir is damn near unstoppable! Floyd also hurt his hand in that fight but he still wouldn't have stopped him. I also think Floyd damn near had Judah out of there before the 10th round riot. >>>>

didnt floyd sr say Jr should have looked like sugar ray robinson in that non fight.
MarzB
First press conference is tomorrow.

I'm wondering does Floyd have some quotes ready.. The good news is no Hopkins hogging the mic since he'll be in training. Which makes me wonder if Bro Nazim will be there.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 1 2010, 07:31 AM) *
My point is that Floyd carried Oscar and I HONESTLY believe that he could have stopped Oscar if he would have opened up!

Yeah. I believe it was around the 8th when Floyd starting landing *clean* right hands for which Oscar had absolutely no answer.

Floyd should have stopped the Golden Girl...
The CEO
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 28 2010, 08:52 PM) *
Where's that sig bet thread?

I think maybe I might call you out. laugh.gif

nah, I think I'll probably stay pure for this one. Its too big.

lol...you know what?...I think I'm gonna hold a vote...as to whether we should have an Event for this or not...
caneman
~
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 28 2010, 12:48 PM) *
I have been studying that fight in some depth lately. I have to disagree with your assessment of the fight for similar reasons to why I think Mosley can pull this thing off.

No doubt PBF clearly won the fight, however, DLH fought a very intelligent fight for the most part. I originally had it 8-4. After breaking it down again, I now see it 7-5. More importantly, DLH did the little things you need to do to make an impression on the judges: flurries, aggression, overall work rate, finishing rounds strong (if theatrically).

PBF is so confident and pure in his art, that he simply does not believe he has to play to the judges. He does not believe he has to be busy for busy's sake. He believes in accuracy. He believes he scores by not being hit cleanly, no matter how many punches are thrown at him.

He believes he cannot lose, and he is almost nonchalant about it. It is his weakness.

Mosley is far more dangerous than DLH was that night. Shane needs to look at the Castillo I, Hatton and DLH fights for a few of the ingredients to victory over PBF.

i strongly disagree mosely is more dangerous at this point in his career than hoya was that night he fought mayweather... they are pretty similiar fighters for the most part but i believe hoya was a more rounded fighter... just my opinion on that... i do however agree with you on mayweather POSSIBLY being able to be out worked but that has yet to be proven and some have tried tho you can argue jlc tried that in their first fight with much sucess... i still think jlc won that fight... but you can also make the argument that lil floyds a smarter fighter now and more seasoned as well... we'll see... 2 months left to the day homie...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 1 2010, 01:40 PM) *
lol...you know what?...I think I'm gonna hold a vote...as to whether we should have an Event for this or not...

ceo you got my vote already.. there needs to be an even for this...
MarzB
Here's a live stream of the press conference

http://www.livestream.com/mayweathervsmosley
EvanKorn
Here is a little bit of what Mayweather set to the print media today at the Presser:

http://newyork.fighthype.com/2010/03/02/fl...nd-more-in-nyc/

Check back in later on for more Mosley/May stuff
torvix2000
These "punch-outs" at the stare downs are good for boxing, though. In the short run. Maybe they could make it like a SHORT PROGRAM... and score it. Kinda like in Figure Skating. LOL!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 1 2010, 08:30 PM) *
You're killin' me JLUV. If the above is true than Mosley has 0, zip, nada, zilch, nyet chance of beating PBF and I might as well watch it on YOUTUBE later.

Fortunately, you are utterly and completely mistaken sir.

lol.. save your money and watch it on youtube then homie... lol...
D-MARV

Prepare to laugh you're ass off @ 5:24... LMAO!!!
lloyd mayflower
Awesome!!!!!! That dick must have been in the back preparing himself for the post presser hand job! Priceless
MarzB
One thing I love about Floyd that most (here) hate is how he'll go below the belt in the press conferences. Whoever here (I think it was Fitz) says he's not a good heel/villian, then I'd like to know who is. To Mosley's credit, he hit him right back.

May brought up Mos's divorce and ailimony payments. Mos countered with how GBP fronted him some money. - Winner Mosley.

May follows up with how he was going to receive a million five against Berto. WOW!! I've seen folks here complain about GBP and how they've handled Mosley's career after the Margarito fight but don't blame GBP IMO. Blame MOSLEY!!

Bro Naz touched on this during the press conference and truer words couldn't have been spoken. But the good news for Shane is that he'll get atleats 5 million guaranteed and should the fight break really sell as it should, closer to 10 million.

Props out to GBP for getting all the sponsors involved also. Those that understand marketing (and not the ignorant that have post in the past about these promotional partners and the giveaways are supposedly used to inflate the sales. Right Fitz??) know that the more IMPRESSIONS you have in promotion of a fight the better it will create awareness which will thus drive in interest and later sales.

24/7 a day after my bday too. CAn't wait!!!
EvanKorn
The press conference was typical Mayweather. He talked about being the GOAT and said: "Money don't make me, I make money." If you like Floyd, you loved yesterday. If you hated Floyd, you hated yesterday's display.

But Mosley, you could tell he was enjoying the atmosphere, the attention.

King Eugene
It might just be me but I've never seen Mosley this amped up and colorful for a fight. Damn I cant wait to see this joint.
JD
QUOTE (EvanKorn @ Mar 3 2010, 08:36 AM) *
The press conference was typical Mayweather. He talked about being the GOAT and said: "Money don't make me, I make money." If you like Floyd, you loved yesterday. If you hated Floyd, you hated yesterday's display.

But Mosley, you could tell he was enjoying the atmosphere, the attention.

Boxing is really in need of some charismatic figures.
MarzB
Not exactly sure what the last comment means..
Method
LOFL at Ellerbe wiping the fuck out.

What a loser.
JD
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 3 2010, 09:59 AM) *
Not exactly sure what the last comment means..

It's fairly self explanatory.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 3 2010, 02:23 PM) *
LOFL at Ellerbe wiping the fuck out.

What a loser.

LOL... I was in tears laughing at that!
JD
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 3 2010, 04:52 PM) *

LOL...hands down the highlight of the presser!
Fitz
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 4 2010, 08:52 AM) *

What's 'wiping the fuck out'? I'm at work, and the video goes for 10 minutes, I skimmed through a bit of it. What points in the video is it worth watching?

Also this has to go down as one of the worst names for a mega fight I have seen in a while. 'Who R U picking'? Not only is it a terrible name for the fight, it also looks terrible that they wrote it how teenagers text.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.