Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Douchebag
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Mar 5 2010, 03:30 AM) *
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but my gut is telling me that Floyd is going to stop Shane.

Can't believe I just typed that...

You know...........I had a dream the other night that the same thing happened. It really hurt my heart too.............
SmartyBeardo
My hope is that PBF and Sugar Shane bring out the very best in each other (a la Frazier and Ali) and let the best fighter win.

I hopped the Shane War Train because I want to see him win AND I think he matches up well with PBF, even at this late stage of his career.

If Pretty Boy Floyd can stop Sugar Shane Mosley, he deserves the pound for pound title back, and it becomes obvious why Manny Duck Sue should keep feigning honor and fighting ADLs (Arum Designated Losers). And if Shane can pull this off the name will soon be Manny Duck Soup.

Yeah, I know I picked Clottey by TKO in 4. "If you don't dream, your dream can't come true," Bloody Mary in South Pacific (I think).

MarzB
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 5 2010, 07:03 AM) *
There's a guy I work with who has been a boxing fan for over 60 years. He's an old school cat who recalls the days of Marciano. He knows his shit. He's probably the most informative boxing fan I know!

Anyways, he's real good at calling fights. He picked Mosley to destroy Margarito, Hopkins to own Pavlik and Pacquiao to STOP De La Hoya... (I'm just naming a few recent ones). He claims to have picked Douglas over Tyson but I don't know if he was joking about that but he always says that Douglas gave him his biggest Pay Day ever!

I asked him about the Pacquiao fight and he says Pac will stop him in 10. Then I asked him about the Mayweather fight and he said that Mayweather will stop Mosley late. I told him he was was crazy!

The point of this post though is that Nay Sayer isn't the only crazy one out there. LOL

I know a guy like that, my father,lol. On an aside my father also picked Spinks over Tyson but he didn't take into account that Spinks was scared shitless.

Anyways so I see Floyd is now "feather fisted". First he was boring, now this is the latest term some are riding with. Good explanations by some so no need to revisit. But those here that have boxed know that having power in both hands is not the end all of thigns. Heck guys like Miranda and Mayorga have tremendous power in both hands. Yet they're flawed as hell.

Lets just go with the notion that Floyd is "feather fisted" (love the term). Thats like saying a basketball player has no quickness or can't jump. Well some of the most successful hoopers don't have those attributes in their tool kit AND?? So is Floyd not a threat because he can't knock you out in an instant??

To me this is literally just another negative label people are trying to float to throw a chink in his armor and thats fine. People can root for who they want, I think it's just quite petty.

I'll buy that Floyd is feather fisted but Mosley is mentally WEAK and that is an acknowledged fact. As far as finishing off Marquez, who has done that?? Fitz tell me who? Maybe Marquez had tremendous will that he was going to fight to the bitter end. I mean after all isn't that the Mexican boxing stereotype anyways??
ROLL DEEP
I wouldn't say Floyd is 'feather fisted', but that's MY take on the word.

I can see why people do call him 'feather fisted' though. His punches do have some pop - they're stinging shots - but they're not HARD.

If Floyd stops Shane I will be GUTTED. I will drink myself into a demonic state and go live in the woods where I will eat tree bark and burrow in mud.

I want Shane to win, but if Floyd has to win (which I think he will do), I want him to win on points.
Method
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 4 2010, 07:43 PM) *
Definitely wouldn't call him Ernie Shavers. Hopkins fought better comp over the last several years too. Comparing Hopkins resume over the last few years to Mayweather's is kind of laughable. Perhaps Hopkins Ko ratio is very slightly lower because he's fought much better competition.

That makes sense.

...and again, I NEVER said Floyd was "feather fisted".
MarzB
Floyd IMO was going to put Zab down and/or stop him had he not been hit low. The beating he put on Gatti was impressive and if those were feather fisted punches, Gatti eyes wouldn't have been damn near shut.

Baldomir was bleeding after the 2nd round again, the so-called product of a feather fisted fighter.

Anyway, I was watching some of Shane's lightweight fights. What a beast both power and fundamental wise he WAS. I wanna say this was the Molina fight I was watching last night. He definitely used more defensive skills and wasn't so reliant on his offense then. He rolled shots which I rarely see him do now.
jlupi
I dont know why im stuck on who is telling the truth about what happened in 1999??????????

but I found this

MOSLEY EYING JUNIOR WELTERS
By MICHAEL KATZ

Thursday, April 15th 1999, 2:10AM

Shane Mosley, who finally became big as the 1998 Boxing Writers Association of America fighter of the year, may now be outgrowing the lightweight division.

"This is my last fight at 135," the IBF lightweight champion said from Indio, Calif., where Saturday he makes his seventh defense against short but tough John Brown of Atlantic City.

"It's a battle back and forth just to make the weight," said the unbeaten Mosley, reporting he was at 142 early in the week.

The 5-3 Brown is a 130-pounder. Many thought he was robbed in losing a Garden decision to Angel Manfredy last year before rebounding to end Gabriel Ruelas' career. "He's short," said Mosley, "so I'll probably be throwing a lot more uppercuts and a lot of body shots."

Mosley had hoped the 130-pound king, Floyd Mayweather Jr., would be moving up. Mayweather's father, Floyd Sr., has called his son the best fighter in the world. But they also announced they wanted to break Joe Louis' record of 26 successful title defenses, tantamount to saying forget about Mosley, who now has eyes on a junior-welterweight division that features Kostya Tszyu, Miguel Angel Gonzalez and fast-rising Zab Judah.
Byrd Man
I think we can add another title to Floyd's mantle. The title of "Pound for Pound most hypocritical".

He ACTUALLY said that he thinks he has the mental edge over Shane because he said Shane is "insecure"

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

Whether or not you think Shane was provoked into jumping up in the ring after Marquez by Hopkins or he did it on his own volition, is there any man in Boxing that has a less of a right to call another man insecure, then Floyd?

I mean this is the ultimate in Pot meet Kettle.

People will call me a "hater" for pointing this out, but this just dumbfounded me when I saw that headline. Really? Floyd calling another man insecure?
MarzB
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 5 2010, 04:04 PM) *
I think we can add another title to Floyd's mantle. The title of "Pound for Pound most hypocritical".

He ACTUALLY said that he thinks he has the mental edge over Shane because he said Shane is "insecure"

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

Whether or not you think Shane was provoked into jumping up in the ring after Marquez by Hopkins or he did it on his own volition, is there any man in Boxing that has a less of a right to call another man insecure, then Floyd?

People will call me a "hater" for pointing this out, but this just dumbfounded me when I saw that headline. Really? Floyd calling another man insecure?

I guess. Not sure what this has to do with the fight but "ok".
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 5 2010, 10:57 AM) *
Lets just go with the notion that Floyd is "feather fisted" (love the term). Thats like saying a basketball player has no quickness or can't jump. Well some of the most successful hoopers don't have those attributes in their tool kit AND?? So is Floyd not a threat because he can't knock you out in an instant??

Nobody said he wasnt a threat. He has a tremendous skill set, it just doesnt include much power. Your response is typical of a Floyd hugger. If we mention 1 poor attribute he has a fighter you automatically get defensive and assume we dont recognize any of his other skills.

To me this is literally just another negative label people are trying to float to throw a chink in his armor and thats fine. People can root for who they want, I think it's just quite petty.

Why is it petty to point out that he doesnt possess much power?

I'll buy that Floyd is feather fisted but Mosley is mentally WEAK and that is an acknowledged fact.

How can you factually prove that Mosley is mentally weak? It would be completely fair to say Mosley probably doesnt have as good a ring IQ as Floyd, but I would love to see the factual evidence of him being metally weak.

As far as finishing off Marquez, who has done that?? Fitz tell me who?

Marz your a bright guy... tell me which weight class Marquez would have to jump to, not get knocked out, and for his opponent not to be labeled "feather fisted"? If a top middleweight couldnt knock him out... would you see that MW as a weak puncher? At some point you have to say its not just Marquez's chin, the guy he fought must not of punched hard.

AussieLad
Floyd isnt feather fisted, he is just chicken hearted

He's no tszyu but he can knock people out if he hits them just right, right on the jaw... ala hatton.

He just chooses not to force the issue and go for the KO. He is content to pot shot to a points win. Maybe its just his brittle hands that cause him to hold back?

No way in hell he stops mosely, even if he hits him clean. Mosely has a solid chin
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 5 2010, 01:04 PM) *

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

It has to do with the fight, because it was made in an interview promoting and hyping the fight.
Keith

QUOTE (jlupi @ Mar 5 2010, 03:46 PM) *
I dont know why im stuck on who is telling the truth about what happened in 1999??????????

I think the evidence you have provided in this thread disproves any claim that Shane ducked Floyd in 1999. If anything, it raises the question of whether Floyd ducked Shane in 1999. I wish someone could find the interview Shane claims he did with Floyd in Detroit. That would put it to rest and prove Floyd is completely full of shit.
D-MARV
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Mar 5 2010, 04:59 PM) *
Floyd isnt feather fisted, he is just chicken hearted

He's no tszyu but he can knock people out if he hits them just right, right on the jaw... ala hatton.

He just chooses not to force the issue and go for the KO. He is content to pot shot to a points win. Maybe its just his brittle hands that cause him to hold back?

No way in hell he stops mosely, even if he hits him clean. Mosely has a solid chin

This post sums it up! Although I wouldn't use chicken hearted...LOL, but I guess I can't have everything go my way!
AussieLad
QUOTE (jlupi @ Mar 5 2010, 09:46 PM) *

but I found this

MOSLEY EYING JUNIOR WELTERS
By MICHAEL KATZ

Thursday, April 15th 1999, 2:10AM

Shane Mosley, who finally became big as the 1998 Boxing Writers Association of America fighter of the year, may now be outgrowing the lightweight division.

"This is my last fight at 135," the IBF lightweight champion said from Indio, Calif., where Saturday he makes his seventh defense against short but tough John Brown of Atlantic City.

"It's a battle back and forth just to make the weight," said the unbeaten Mosley, reporting he was at 142 early in the week.

The 5-3 Brown is a 130-pounder. Many thought he was robbed in losing a Garden decision to Angel Manfredy last year before rebounding to end Gabriel Ruelas' career. "He's short," said Mosley, "so I'll probably be throwing a lot more uppercuts and a lot of body shots."

Mosley had hoped the 130-pound king, Floyd Mayweather Jr., would be moving up. Mayweather's father, Floyd Sr., has called his son the best fighter in the world. But they also announced they wanted to break Joe Louis' record of 26 successful title defenses, tantamount to saying forget about Mosley, who now has eyes on a junior-welterweight division that features Kostya Tszyu, Miguel Angel Gonzalez and fast-rising Zab Judah.

Can you post the link to this please

Thanks
jlupi
Ill look again for the link.

It seems to me that MW had other plans at 130 up untill at least late april. in may it seems that MW did in fact "call out shane" as can be seen in an article pasted on May 7 1999 on pedro's fighters.com, fighters.com also has odds for shane-rivera on may 7 so it seems - shane just could not wait that long for floyds decision.

this article shows that arum did make an offer to shane but it was made after shane decided to move up.

BOXING: NOTEBOOK; From 140 Pounds to 147, Mosley Wants It All
By TIMOTHY W. SMITH
Published: May 13, 1999
Sign in to Recommend
Twitter
Sign In to E-Mail

Print

Shane Mosley, the International Boxing Federation lightweight champion, has decided to abandon the 135-pound division and move up to 140 pounds with an eye toward a bout in December against Oscar De La Hoya, the World Boxing Council welterweight champion, at 147 pounds.

Mosley is preparing to make his debut at 140 pounds on June 19, but no opponent has been selected. Mosley might have to settle at 140 pounds for a while, because it does not appear that De La Hoya is interested in a match.

''It's a ridiculous fight,'' Bob Arum, the president of Top Rank and De La Hoya's promoter, said. ''He should be thinking about fighting Floyd Mayweather. I don't believe a fight with Oscar is competitive in any way. For me to sell it on pay-per-view, it's something I can't do.''

Arum has made an offer to Mosley to fight Mayweather at a weight of 137 pounds. But the 27-year-old Mosley has outgrown the 135-pound division and has been struggling to make the weight. He was dehydrated against John Brown in his last fight in April in which Mosley stopped Brown. Even though he got down to 135 pounds at the weigh-in for the fight, he ballooned to 151 pounds by the time he entered the ring.
MarzB

Marz your a bright guy... tell me which weight class Marquez would have to jump to, not get knocked out, and for his opponent not to be labeled "feather fisted"? If a top middleweight couldnt knock him out... would you see that MW as a weak puncher? At some point you have to say
its not just Marquez's chin, the guy he fought must not of punched hard.

Keith,I've had a professional fight ok. I've been in and out of boxing 20 plus years. Now I feel like if I had more patience I could have made it a career but anyways. I don't say that to brag by any means just telling my involvement to set up my point. At my prime FIGHT weight (lol at myself now) I pretty much was a welter through middle. Probably the reason why it's the weight class even now I focus on most.

That said I sparred with heavies and flyweights I did it all. I NEVER had problems with bigger guys in fact I welcomed it because I wanted to show them they couldn't knock me out in addition to dealing with what I brought to the table.

Now that said smaller guys (I'm not a big dude) and faster guys gave me problems. Smaller tougher guys were just flat out annoying. You can't catch them and when you did, they were tough. I guess its the same things and problems I gave heavier and bigger guys, you following along??

Marquez contrary to how YOU and others are/were dismissing him is EASILY still one of the best in the WORLD weight class aside. Floyd went to a decision with him after a layoff and SHUT HIM OUT. You forgot that part. No he didn't finish him but he made a world class fighter look flat out AVERAGE.. You're gonna love this.

Shane Mosley (who I respect but I HATE how you Floyd HATERS make him larger than what he is) went to decision with GREAT fighters such as Jose Luis Cruz and the incomparable DAVID ESTRADA. Yet, people such as yourself and others conveniently FORGET or choose NOT to mention those fights. Primarily because it doesn't fit whatever slant you're trying to discuss.

In summary..... Marquez, a great skilled guy that happens was shut out but Floyd is criticized for not having KNOCKED out merely because of size attributes he's smaller. Yet Shane gets NO criticism (till now) for not having finished off guys who are JOURNEYMAN..

Holla back at that..
Keith
Good points about Shane having not ko'd guys. I can respect that response although those examples you give arent exactly recent.

The difference with the Marquez fight , as I see it, is that Floyd hit Marquez all night long. Its not the same as the examples you gave of your own experiences, where smaller guys can hang with the big guys because they can use their speed to their advantage and not get hit flush over and over. Marquez is tough, but he couldnt avoid Floyd punches at all. He was totally outclassed in both size and speed and yet Mayweather didnt ko him. If Floyd was a puncher... there is no way Marquez sees the final bell.

Do you see my point?
MarzB
Yep I see your point but your saying a point I've said for YEARS here.

IMO, I think Floyd has become the fighter (less combinations) that he's become because of his brittle hands. This is an ADVANTAGE that I think Shane has in his favor in that if he can somehow press Floyd to commit more than he wants he can pull it off which is why I find this fight EXTREMELY intriguing.

Floyd has not only documented bad hands but just from his years in the sport. Bernard Hopkins once said that he's NEVER had hand problems because he throws his punches correctly. Using his hips to accelerate his power, following through, etc. He also added that guys that have hand problems generally are guys that don't throw punches the right way.

Now I'll add to this examples include Paulie (doesn't close his fist when he punches), Calazaghe(silly looping girly punches), and FLOYD (SURPRISE my criticis that say I'm a hugger) who JUMPS into punches (his left hook particularly)..

That said, Floyd IMO based on his brittle hands doesn't commit a lot as he used to. If you see how he punched in the Manfreddy and Hernadez fights, its a stark difference than now. He will still COMMIT but no where near at the same frequency.

But to say he doesn't have any force despite even the flaw I pointed out is ridiculous.

Oh and Byrdman, try again. I'll be waiting for your next INFORMATIVE post of how the lack of facial hair on Mayweather will be his doom in comparison to Mosley,lol.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 6 2010, 03:40 PM) *
Yep I see your point but your saying a point I've said for YEARS here.

IMO, I think Floyd has become the fighter (less combinations) that he's become because of his brittle hands. This is an ADVANTAGE that I think Shane has in his favor in that if he can somehow press Floyd to commit more than he wants he can pull it off which is why I find this fight EXTREMELY intriguing.

Floyd has not only documented bad hands but just from his years in the sport. Bernard Hopkins once said that he's NEVER had hand problems because he throws his punches correctly. Using his hips to accelerate his power, following through, etc. He also added that guys that have hand problems generally are guys that don't throw punches the right way.

Now I'll add to this examples include Paulie (doesn't close his fist when he punches), Calazaghe(silly looping girly punches), and FLOYD (SURPRISE my criticis that say I'm a hugger) who JUMPS into punches (his left hook particularly)..

That said, Floyd IMO based on his brittle hands doesn't commit a lot as he used to. If you see how he punched in the Manfreddy and Hernadez fights, its a stark difference than now. He will still COMMIT but no where near at the same frequency.

But to say he doesn't have any force despite even the flaw I pointed out is ridiculous.

Oh and Byrdman, try again. I'll be waiting for your next INFORMATIVE post of how the lack of facial hair on Mayweather will be his doom in comparison to Mosley,lol.

Damn Marz, that is a fuheckin' fine post.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 6 2010, 12:40 PM) *

I have no clue what you're talking about, but hey...whatever you gotta do. *shrug*
Big Slim Sweet
I'll buy that Floyd is feather fisted but Mosley is mentally WEAK and that is an acknowledged fact.

You're saying Shane has acknowledged this??? Cause otherwise it's just some people's opinion, same as Floyd being feather fisted or not.

I'll say this: IMO Floyd is definitely NOT feather fisted. Like others have been saying he just chooses not to sit down and commit to his punches anymore. When he does, like with Gatti or going back to his days at 130, he hits pretty hard. Not a power puncher by any means but a guy who can bust you up. He's fast and precise. His opponents feel it when he hits them.

I also don't believe Shane is mentally weak. I just think he didn't really have a trainer for most of his career.
torvix2000
Calzaghe is feather fisted. But he can bust you up pretty bad if you allow him.
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 6 2010, 03:40 PM) *
IMO, I think Floyd has become the fighter (less combinations) that he's become because of his brittle hands.

We agree then. I wrote this earlier in the thread...

QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 4 2010, 08:59 PM) *
Floyd is feather fisted

I think some of it is by choice. But whatever the reason is, Floyd is not a puncher.

My point... I really dont care what the excuse is. If he's not a puncher, he's not a puncher.

I think we simply disagree about what constitutes "feather fisted", and I'm only using that term because it was being used in the thread. I personally have never used it before 2 days ago. I would say the current Floyd is below average in terms of single shot power.
MarzB
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 6 2010, 06:41 PM) *
I have no clue what you're talking about, but hey...whatever you gotta do. *shrug*

I'm "talking about" your typical HAVE NOTHING to do with the actual fight GOSSIP style post when it deals with Floyd. Posting about his insecurities as if you're a shrink that can truly diagnose it is not only funny but pretty much feeds into why Floyd dominates the discussion of ALL(and leave it to you to find some obscure message board in the FAR EAST,lol) boxing message boards.

That said, to stop the flurry of followup post that say, "you're a hugger, blah, blah" I think outside the ring Floyd has made some terrible choices that fuels his negative image. But I frankly don't give a SCHIT. Inside the ring, preparation he and his family are MASTERS despite their lack of articulation that people like YOU Byrdman focus on. And after all thats why even YOU will be paying to watch this fight after its said and done.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 7 2010, 12:48 AM) *
I'm "talking about" your typical HAVE NOTHING to do with the actual fight GOSSIP style post when it deals with Floyd. Posting about his insecurities as if you're a shrink that can truly diagnose it is not only funny but pretty much feeds into why Floyd dominates the discussion of ALL(and leave it to you to find some obscure message board in the FAR EAST,lol) boxing message boards.

That said, to stop the flurry of followup post that say, "you're a hugger, blah, blah" I think outside the ring Floyd has made some terrible choices that fuels his negative image. But I frankly don't give a SCHIT. Inside the ring, preparation he and his family are MASTERS despite their lack of articulation that people like YOU Byrdman focus on. And after all thats why even YOU will be paying to watch this fight after its said and done.

Let's see here.

I brought up something that was on ESPN.COM, not some "Far east" message board, and as I said before, not sure what the hell you're talking about with THAT one. And I just found it interesting that Floyd, who many people have suggested that he has some insecurities (which hey...let's be honest, probably everyone on this board myself included have insecurities. Nothing crazy about THAT), is out there calling someone else insecure.

That's like if Chris Byrd, after getting knocked the fuck out by Ike, then went and accused someone else of having a weak chin. It's truly a "what the fuck?" type comment. I realize that's his M.O. and he's gonna talk as much shit as possible. Just found it funny, is all.

As for me paying to see this fight, I can guaranfuckingtee I will never pay for another fight with Floyd in it. I got burned before when I bought that garbage DLH/Floyd fight because I was a fool and bought into the lies that Floyd said, as it pertains to how he was going to fight. All this bullshit about "I'm gonna beat his ass" and whatnot, and then he does his patented bicycle thing.

The whole "Fool me once...." mantra comes to mind. I decided then and there that I would never again pay for a fight that had Floyd involved in it. Call that "hating" all you want, but it's just my own personal decision.

And I'm not paying for this fight, I'm not watching the fight, although I will be interested in the outcome. I'd like to see Shane win, but I have a feeling Floyd will get a decision.
Byrd Man
Just realized you were probably referring to the comment about Floyd accusing Manny of being on "steroid juice", not the "Mosley is insecure" one.

I saw that on some boxing site, not sure which one though. Might have been ESB not not sure right at this moment.
MarzB
You truly indeed are comic relief. Let me see if I got this right. You feel duped having bought DLH vs. Floyd (for whatever) so you're not going to buy any other Floyd fights right? Yet the guy who is your namesake is probably considered one of the most boring boxers of the last 10 years right?? Nevermind (even though I liked him at one point) he's been involved in some of the worse PPViews or stinkers of fights of all time right?? LOL

Ok follow along, you still have no interest in probably the best matchups of the last ten years yet you somehow feel the need to comment on the most minute of details during the build up of this fight. Yet you have NO interest to actually see the fight right??

Who are you kidding?? You may be a cheap SOB and not purchase it yourself, thats fine. But either you are truly a weirdo or you'll find a way to watch this whether it's at someone elses home or at the theater.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 7 2010, 12:40 PM) *
You truly indeed are comic relief. Let me see if I got this right. You feel duped having bought DLH vs. Floyd (for whatever) so you're not going to buy any other Floyd fights right? Yet the guy who is your namesake is probably considered one of the most boring boxers of the last 10 years right?? Nevermind (even though I liked him at one point) he's been involved in some of the worse PPViews or stinkers of fights of all time right?? LOL

Ok follow along, you still have no interest in probably the best matchups of the last ten years yet you somehow feel the need to comment on the most minute of details during the build up of this fight. Yet you have NO interest to actually see the fight right??

Who are you kidding?? You may be a cheap SOB and not purchase it yourself, thats fine. But either you are truly a weirdo or you'll find a way to watch this whether it's at someone elses home or at the theater.

I freely admit that Byrd wasn't the most exciting guy, but he was my guy. What can I say?

As for me being a weirdo, well....that's not really up for debate. lol. I am a Byrd fan after all. lol
Lil-lightsout
I made a smart-ass remark calling PBF feather-fisted and a huge debated followed,lol. I was more just degrading him for fun, but of course he is not the biggest puncher either. I would just call him an under-average puncher at welterweight. Unless you are comparing his power to Tommy Hearns' power at welterweight, then he is feather-fisted. fuck.gif
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 8 2010, 12:37 AM) *
I made a smart-ass remark calling PBF feather-fisted and a huge debated followed,lol. I was more just degrading him for fun, but of course he is not the biggest puncher either. I would just call him an under-average puncher at welterweight. Unless you are comparing his power to Tommy Hearns' power at welterweight, then he is feather-fisted. fuck.gif

I wouldn't say he's feather fisted, more to the point that that's not how he fights. If he wanted to, I'm sure he could sit down on some punches and do some damage, that's just not his style. And there's nothing really wrong with that, I suppose. Same thing with Byrd. He was never known for his power, but he definitely had power, he just had a style that didn't really use it to his advantage.

Plus he was always fighting way bigger people, so he looked even LESS of a power guy.
King Eugene
Random:

I'm over here watching the Floyd vs. Oscar fight and Merchant and Lampley are some hilarious cats. Lampley continues to call 50 Cent fitty cent. LOL Larry says the reason Oscar is more popular than Floyd cause Oscar is a handsome young man and Floyd is just a nice looking young man. LOL
Jack 1000
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 8 2010, 12:28 PM) *
Random:

I'm over here watching the Floyd vs. Oscar fight and Merchant and Lampley are some hilarious cats. Lampley continues to call 50 Cent fitty cent. LOL Larry says the reason Oscar is more popular than Floyd cause Oscar is a handsome young man and Floyd is just a nice looking young man. LOL

Hahahahahaha!!!! Classic!!!

Larry Merchant Checking out his men!

Larry Merchant:

"The reason Oscar is more popular than Floyd cause Oscar is a handsome young man and Floyd is just a nice looking young man."

Larry Merchant
neophyte7
Sounds like some down low faggot shit from Emannuel Steward-- I heard rumors while I was in Detroit that he was a fruit cake
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 8 2010, 04:21 PM) *
Sounds like some down low faggot shit from Emannuel Steward-- I heard rumors while I was in Detroit that he was a fruit cake

emanuel looks like he could swing undercover...
jlupi
Sounds like some down low faggot shit from Emannuel Steward-- I heard rumors while I was in Detroit that he was a fruit cake >>>>

juvenile.
torvix2000
Mayweather's own fans?

Byrd Man
lol. I love Shane's reaction as soon as Floyd starts on his same old bullshit about a guy he's not even facing. lol
D-MARV
Floyd was certainly referring to Shane Mosley.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Do you think it's a possibility he was referring to Mosley as well? Considering he admitted to using them in DLH II?

Byrdman's hatred of Floyd often flirts within the nitpicky arena. I have learned to accept this truth.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 05:33 PM) *
Do you think it's a possibility he was referring to Mosley as well? Considering he admitted to using them in DLH II?

Well, that's a given that he was including Mosley in with that, but you wanna say that there was no jab at Pac as well? He talks about him in damn near every interview he does. He's not the only one that does that, other boxers have done that as well, but it's just amazing how much more he has been talking about Pac than he has Mosely, the guy he's actually fighting.

At a certain point, you should politely decline any comments people may ask you for in relations to Manny. Simply say, "I'm here to talk about Shane Mosely, not another fighter" and then move on.

But it doesn't matter what I say. no matter WHAT I say, to many on here it's going to be all about how much I hate Floyd, and how I just think he's a piece of shit who has never earned a victory in his life or something.

If you think about it, I'm not even close to being the king of the people who dislike Floyd on this site.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 05:49 PM) *
I have seen that. I don't like Floyd but I am still able to call a spade a spade. This isn't the first time he has interpreted something different purely on his hate for Mayweather.

The word "hate" is way overused these days, whether it's referring to boxing or hip hop or whatever. Everyone wants to spin shit as if because I disagree with someone, because I don't like someone, that it's all about "hate".

That's an easy cheap way of just setting aside someone's thoughts and opinions on someone, and just dismissing them. "oh he's a hater, don't pay him any mind".

I don't hate anyone. ANYONE. there are people I don't like. There are people I dislike a great bit, but there's no one on this planet that I flat out HATE.

Not that me saying that will change anything. People have their notions of things, and nothing will change that.
Douchebag
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Mar 10 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Byrdman's dislike of Floyd often flirts within the nitpicky arena. I have learned to accept this truth.

fixed
Byrd Man
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Mar 10 2010, 06:52 PM) *
fixed

and THAT I can agree with. I have gotten carried away in the past over some things, that while I felt it was a big deal, others perhaps didn't. Doesn't mean I "hate" Floyd, or anything like it. I just don't care for his attitude, his disrespect, and his nonsense bullshit. Same reason I don't care for Toney.
Lil-lightsout
Man I can not wait for this fight, it will be the greatest weekend of the year! Then May 3 will be the Halo Reach beta to celebrate some more. Just does not get any better than this.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 10 2010, 09:44 PM) *
Well, that's a given that he was including Mosley in with that, but you wanna say that there was no jab at Pac as well? He talks about him in damn near every interview he does. He's not the only one that does that, other boxers have done that as well, but it's just amazing how much more he has been talking about Pac than he has Mosely, the guy he's actually fighting.

At a certain point, you should politely decline any comments people may ask you for in relations to Manny. Simply say, "I'm here to talk about Shane Mosely, not another fighter" and then move on.

But it doesn't matter what I say. no matter WHAT I say, to many on here it's going to be all about how much I hate Floyd, and how I just think he's a piece of shit who has never earned a victory in his life or something.

If you think about it, I'm not even close to being the king of the people who dislike Floyd on this site.

Both Floyd and Pac have been taking jabs at each other lately not just Floyd at Manny. Either way it goes he ended it with Mosley as he should have.
jlupi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX8shNnSOtM

nazeem interview
MarzB
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 10 2010, 09:44 PM) *

One thing I love about you is when confronted, you'll politely try to push it aside as you did there but generally ignore the obvious. You've dug a hole SO deep I sometimes wonder why you still yell. Anyways, just to show you how much WRONG you are and how you'll veer on an UNNECESSARY tangent in an attempt to prove a USELESS point fueled by your "HATE"(used purposely and see the "contract signing" as previous reference).

In regards to him referring to Pacquiao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g0zbZUbA3g

On and Fitz, love the PEREZ Hilton comment because it's definitely on point.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 10 2010, 10:44 PM) *

We cannot think beyond the simple truth that YOU are the carrier of The Byrd Virus.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 11 2010, 10:55 PM) *
We cannot think beyond the simple truth that YOU are the carrier of The Byrd Virus.

lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.