Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
MarzB
For some comedy. Floyd impersonating Cotto,LMAO!!!!

This is so DEAD ON,lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxCI_wkFOYY

thumbsup_anim.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 12 2010, 03:44 PM) *

This is so DEAD ON,lol..

thumbsup_anim.gif

I thought it was hilarious when Hatton was impersonating PBF hitting the mitts. Hatton got his ass kicked, but it was still hilarious.
AussieLad
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 12 2010, 08:44 PM) *

This is so DEAD ON,lol..

thumbsup_anim.gif

Yep, making fun of a guy he never had the nuts to face in the ring.... has to let others beat him to it... fuck i hate that little phoney floyd
MarzB
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Mar 13 2010, 04:36 AM) *
Yep, making fun of a guy he never had the nuts to face in the ring.... has to let others beat him to it... fuck i hate that little phoney floyd

Nuts to face Cotto,lol how inventive. That Hatton thing was funny but too bad he those pitter patter mitt drills (it's more for reaction but I digress in explaining) got him KTFO in one of the most hilarious of knockouts since Kostya and Zab.

Keep it coming Floyd. You got their juices boiling already,lol..
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 13 2010, 05:32 PM) *
Nuts to face Cotto,lol how inventive. That Hatton thing was funny but too bad he those pitter patter mitt drills (it's more for reaction but I digress in explaining) got him KTFO in one of the most hilarious of knockouts since Kostya and Zab.

Keep it coming Floyd. You got their juices boiling already,lol..

Floyd certainly keeps you coming
MarzB
Nah, I enjoy Floyd "haters" who generally have more a personality dislike as the primary basis of their hate. i'm gonna really enjoy May 2nd also,lol watching the reaction here also smile.gif

I mean come on. Floyd has a shitload of disfigured mocked images of his avatar here where I can't personally believe someone took the time to do that. Yet I post a video of him (real life) mocking someone for less than 5 secs in fun and it's like he's committed 9-11, Chernobyl or something.
lloyd mayflower
I cant think of a better reason to hate someone than the fact they have a shit personality, that is the basis on which I like, love or hate, pretty much everyone.

As for May 2nd, theres not a person on this board who would be surprised by a Floyd win, and not a person doesnt recognise his skills. Thats what you fail to acknowledge with your nut hugging. I know Floyd is a tremendous boxer. I also know that he is a total prick, Hence, I dislike him
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 14 2010, 12:39 PM) *
Yet I post a video of him (real life) mocking someone for less than 5 secs in fun and it's like he's committed 9-11, Chernobyl or something.

Dude, wtf are you talking about?

Where is this gross outcry of people hating on floyd for making fun of Cotto? All I saw was a couple of comments about how it was disrespectful.

Your terribly sensitive about your man hero. wub.gif

Now your making up things to defend Floyd about.
MarzB
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 14 2010, 12:53 PM) *
I cant think of a better reason to hate someone than the fact they have a shit personality, that is the basis on which I like, love or hate, pretty much everyone.

As for May 2nd, theres not a person on this board who would be surprised by a Floyd win, and not a person doesnt recognise his skills. Thats what you fail to acknowledge with your nut hugging. I know Floyd is a tremendous boxer. I also know that he is a total prick, Hence, I dislike him

At the risk of being a called a homophobe, you sound GAY as hell. Do you know Floyd Mayweather, Ricky Hatton, Manny Pacquiao, etc?? I'm pretty certain the answer is NO. So how in the hell can you or any other man describe how another man's personality is? You know them from what they do in their profession and thats it.

To fall into their "perception" is exactly what gets people in trouble. Haven't you learned from pop culture that things AREN'T what they seem? This person who's sold to you as this (good or bad) isn't this? But whatever.. If I were Floyd, I would come on message boards and say schit to inflame the haters even more because folks like you are gonna be interested regardless.

I'm personally not cool with a lot of things Floyd does outside the ring ("make it rain" and the like) but I really don't care. He trains like a beast, fights smart, talks schit but maintains his composure. There it is for me..
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 14 2010, 01:47 PM) *
At the risk of being a called a homophobe, you sound GAY as hell. Do you know Floyd Mayweather, Ricky Hatton, Manny Pacquiao, etc?? I'm pretty certain the answer is NO. So how in the hell can you or any other man describe how another man's personality is? You know them from what they do in their profession and thats it.

We know a bit more about Floyd then just his boxing persona...

He has hit women
Lets people use his vehicles for drive by shootings
doesnt pay his federal taxes or bills for services rendered

That shit alone is enough for someone not to like him.
MarzB
When did Floyd hit a woman?? Were you there?? Dig up the pdf of that charge (it's out there trust me I've seen it). Were you in Grand Rapids night club in 2004 prior to the Gatti fight where he plead no contest??

I mean if you really want to get granular with this we really can. Otherwise none of this shit has anything to do with boxing quite frankly.

I'm assuming you also know the details of YOUR BOY Shane's dosages and cycle routine circa 2002-2003 right??
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 14 2010, 02:16 PM) *
I'm assuming you also know the details of YOUR BOY Shane's dosages and cycle routine circa 2002-2003 right??

Dude, I am completely confindent in saying Shane Mosley took peds and that he probably knew what he was doing. If someone chooses not to like Shane because of the peds then thats ok with me. He aint friggin perfect and I have never pretended he was. Go find a post of me defending his ped usage.

When did Floyd hit a woman?? Were you there?? Dig up the pdf of that charge (it's out there trust me I've seen it). Were you in Grand Rapids night club in 2004 prior to the Gatti fight where he plead no contest??

Why does it matter? He hits people he shouldnt (twice he hit women, and once kicked a bouncer who was laying on the floor)... why do I have to be there, or dig up the pdf? Just the fact that you actually read the pdf of the charge indicates an obsession with the guy.

I mean if you really want to get granular with this we really can. Otherwise none of this shit has anything to do with boxing quite frankly.

Your right it doesnt.

So why do you feel the need to constantly defend him? Your the one who got bent out of shape and said lloyd Mayflower sounded "gay" because he didnt like Floyds personality. Your the one who rushed to Floyds defense like a homo. 80% of your posts in this forum are about Floyd. Now thats "gay".
MarzB
You counted all my post, wow?? Not even I did that. I don't think thats the case but unlike yourself, I don't like to ride bandwaons or seek agreement from folks I've never met. I recall way before your time Hopkins was heavily criticized here. "He only beats up on little guys" and the like and I defended that stance.

Dude, I post what I thought was funny and shared it. Next thing I know someone INVENTS how he DUCKED Cotto. I say, "thats not the case, blah blah". Are you mad that I'm one of the Floyd defenders thats informed,lol and doesn't need to delve into personality style debates?? Really is that what it is??

Also please don't try to minimize me as some typical nutriding poster because even YOU know thats not the case. I mean after all I don't have a THREAD or AVATAR summoning folks to my stance like some people now do I? Even though I could but I consider it a time waster.

I just like calling out the double standards and exposin the fact that Floyd's hate deals with schit that shouldn't have anything to do with why we're really here to discuss boxing. I'm not even referring to the boxing politics either.
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 14 2010, 02:44 PM) *
Also please don't try to minimize me as some typical nutriding poster because even YOU know thats not the case. I mean after all I don't have a THREAD or AVATAR summoning folks to my stance like some people now do I? Even though I could but I consider it a time waster.

I have no real quarrel with you. 100% of your post could be about Floyd, I simply wanted to point out your hipocracy.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 14 2010, 08:16 AM) *

Yeah.... I agree... there's no need to sugar-coat these two boxers...One thing is sure they are both excellent fighter though...\

I just hope not One of them will do a "Clottey Act" (that is too much of a defensive fighter instead of fighting it out with Pacquiao).
I'm certain Mosley will not do the "Clottey Act",...I'm not sure with Floyd Jr., but then again, Floyd should make it a fight otherwise boxing fans will be angry....hehehe...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 14 2010, 09:53 AM) *

quoted for truth.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 14 2010, 12:47 PM) *

To fall into their "perception" is exactly what gets people in trouble. Haven't you learned from pop culture that things AREN'T what they seem? This person who's sold to you as this (good or bad) isn't this? But whatever.. If I were Floyd, I would come on message boards and say schit to inflame the haters even more because folks like you are gonna be interested regardless.

I'm personally not cool with a lot of things Floyd does outside the ring ("make it rain" and the like) but I really don't care. He trains like a beast, fights smart, talks schit but maintains his composure. There it is for me..

Marz c'mon dude you and I both know that your defence of Floyd is redundant as it is Floyd himself who has gone out of his way to sell himself as the villain of the piece. All boxers say stoopid shit from time to time but Floyd is a non-stop 24 hour shit babbling machine and he has chosen to go this way to line his pockets and it's worked.

The persona he has created is so extreme you (and he) knows that it's gotta catch some heat, particularly on hardcore fight boards like these. If Floyd is going to go out of his way to specifically create this 'personality' then he has to wear the results.

Cause and effect my man.

LoneRyu
this will be the fight of the year easy
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Mar 19 2010, 03:58 AM) *
this will be the fight of the year easy

You obviously haven't watched many of Floyd's previous fights laugh.gif
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 14 2010, 12:47 PM) *

See, that's the WHOLE POINT!

Floyd HIMSELF has made himself into a trash-talking, money grabbing, 'gangsta', don't give a fuck about anybody type of guy.

I understand it's only his personna but that's what he's chosen to portray to the world, so if people bash him and give him a hard time for it, then that's his fault. He didn't have to.

Now, he could be the total opposite in his private life, he could be the same; but none of us know him so we can only comment on what we know;

1) His boxing career
2) His 'persona' on TV.

Ricky Hatton comes across as the nicest dude around...one of the lads, but he could be an absolute twat for all I know in his private life (although there have never been any reports of him hitting women and being involved in drive bys, lol).
xxxxxx
As much as I'm looking forward to the Mayweather-Mosley fight. There are great fights each Saturday leading up to May 1.

March 20...W.Klit vs Chambers

March 27...Maidana vs Cayo & Funeka vs Guzman II

April 3...Jones vs Hopkins II

April 10...Berto vs Quintana

April 17...Pavlik vs Martinez & Bute vs Miranda

April 24...Adamek vs Arreola

May 1...Mayweather vs Mosley

Nice lineup we got coming
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Mar 20 2010, 11:59 AM) *

Snooze.

Whatever. (Abraham-Dirrell is the same night btw, and far more interesting)

Party like it's 1999.

Why Quintana and not Collazo? Glad to see Caballero on the undercard at least.

Now here's a night I'm looking forward to.

This will be fun.

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 20 2010, 12:37 PM) *
Snooze.

Whatever. (Abraham-Dirrell is the same night btw, and far more interesting)

Party like it's 1999.

Why Quintana and not Collazo? Glad to see Caballero on the undercard at least.

Now here's a night I'm looking forward to.

This will be fun.

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

The Funeka-Guzman fight was an entertaining fight the first time and could be better in the rematch. When it comes to Jones-Hopkins..I think its more about curiosity than anything.
JonnyBlaze
As much as I'm looking forward to the Mayweather-Mosley fight. There are great fights each Saturday leading up to May 1.

Nice lineup we got coming

I only like the Mayweather/Mosley and Funeka/Guzman 2 fight..I really hope Adamek beats the shit outta Arreola too..I wish Berto was fighting a different guy other than Quintana..Jones/Hopkins---Bad timing for a rematch that means nothing no matter who wins..
Lil-lightsout
After the replay of Pac-Clottey fight, they had Mosley and Mayweather sit down with Max. Was not a bad idea, you could just feel the tension between them(mainly Shane). Floyd seemed composed and confident, while Shane seemed very anxious to get this on. My take is Mayweather is either over confident and taking Mosley lightly, or he is just not showing Shane enough respect to show he knows he has a tough fight on his hands. I am still very confident of a Mosley victory, he just wants this fight so much more. You can just see he is all business and wants to KO Floyd.

This fight kind of reminds me of the Hopkins-Trinidad fight where Trinidad was undefeated and the favorite against the lesser known Hopkins. Hopkins was very under-rated and was beyond motivated to put on his finest performance, which he did. This fight means every thing to Mosley for his legacy and PBF is just looking for the check. I can NOT wait for the 24/7 episodes!!!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 21 2010, 03:51 AM) *
After the replay of Pac-Clottey fight, they had Mosley and Mayweather sit down with Max. Was not a bad idea, you could just feel the tension between them(mainly Shane). Floyd seemed composed and confident, while Shane seemed very anxious to get this on. My take is Mayweather is either over confident and taking Mosley lightly, or he is just not showing Shane enough respect to show he knows he has a tough fight on his hands. I am still very confident of a Mosley victory, he just wants this fight so much more. You can just see he is all business and wants to KO Floyd.

This fight kind of reminds me of the Hopkins-Trinidad fight where Trinidad was undefeated and the favorite against the lesser known Hopkins. Hopkins was very under-rated and was beyond motivated to put on his finest performance, which he did. This fight means every thing to Mosley for his legacy and PBF is just looking for the check. I can NOT wait for the 24/7 episodes!!!

Man I consider you a pretty good dude. Its going to be sad to see you so disappointed when Floyd boxes the shit out of Shane.
King Eugene

notice how smushed in Shane's nose is. Taking too many jabs to the face perhaps...? laugh.gif
MarzB
Thanks for posting this bcuz I wasn't going to watch that awful replay of a fight. Where are the hooligans that were on Shane's nuts when he with the help of snaggatooth approached Floyd after the Marquez fight now??

Great piece by HBO.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 21 2010, 10:12 AM) *
Man I consider you a pretty good dude. Its going to be sad to see you so disappointed when Floyd boxes the shit out of Shane.

Thanks, right back at you. If Floyd outboxes Shane and wins, sure I will be very upset, but I'll get over it. It's a win-win situation for me though.

1-I always wanted to see this fight, and even though it is not at lightweight, they both are still awesome fighters.

2-If PBF beats him in dominating fashion and can outbox him like most think, then he deserves props for finally stepping up(it's been a while). I just want to see a challenge in front of him, and not some guy who isn't going to test him.

3-Regardless, I know Shane is going to win, and he he is probably going to stop him too. Say goodbye to that zero.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 21 2010, 01:23 PM) *
Thanks, right back at you. If Floyd outboxes Shane and wins, sure I will be very upset, but I'll get over it. It's a win-win situation for me though.

1-I always wanted to see this fight, and even though it is not at lightweight, they both are still awesome fighters.

2-If PBF beats him in dominating fashion and can outbox him like most think, then he deserves props for finally stepping up(it's been a while). I just want to see a challenge in front of him, and not some guy who isn't going to test him.

3-Regardless, I know Shane is going to win, and he he is probably going to stop him too. Say goodbye to that zero.

say goodbye to sig for a month... lol...
PR316
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 21 2010, 07:23 PM) *

I'll be one of the first giving you credit if your right. You do know your stuff pretty well.

But I think Money May's got this one in the bag. I see him befuddling Mosley throughout with his angles and counterpunching and reducing Mosley to following him around throwing one punch at a time.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (PR316 @ Mar 22 2010, 06:58 PM) *
I'll be one of the first giving you credit if your right. You do know your stuff pretty well.

But I think Money May's got this one in the bag. I see him befuddling Mosley throughout with his angles and counterpunching and reducing Mosley to following him around throwing one punch at a time.

Thanks a lot for the compliment, I really appreciate it. You are pretty knowledgeable yourself.

Yeah most people do think he has it in the bag too for the reasons you just stated. And if it does go down that way, then damn Mayweather is the real deal. But I truly am not convinced until he beats Mosley for me to be a believer. I am very unimpressed with his wins at welterweight. I just know Mosley KNOWS what he has to do to beat PBF, and not get sucked into Mayweather's fight. The question is can Mosley be that guy to execute HIS gameplan more effectively and beat him? I really think this fight is going to test Floyd's heart and see what he is made of. He is definately a great fighter already, but is he truly a "special" fighter? These are the fights we need to see to truly determine it, not a Hatton or JMM.

So in closing I will again say it will be an awesome fight with Shane taking it to him and I see him breaking Floyd down and most likely winning a decision. But possibly a KO if Floyd opens up too much, which he might try to to get Mosley's respect. Those Mayweather's all had weak ass chins, Floyd just got good defense to hide his. Shane has got to be in tip top shape to stay on Floyd and pressure the shit out of him. Another key is I would think there will be alot of bodypunching on Mosley's part to soften him up and not try and waste his energy on head shots right away. Can't wait for this fight.

MarzB
ut possibly a KO if Floyd opens up too much, which he might try to to get Mosley's respect. Those Mayweather's all had weak ass chins,

This IMO is just reaching if there ever was a way to reach. Floyd fights NOTHING like Jeff, Roger and only a little like his father. Yet because they have the same blood lines you're saying because the previous generation has had "weak chins" that Mayweather does also right?? So Mosley is going to land one of his bombs and put Mayweather out right??

Anything is possible but if you actually think that Floyd no matter how much you hate him, like him, "not impressed with his wins at welterweight" has not been hit solidly, you're out of your mind. He can definitely take a punch now granted, he doesn't have that "hit me in the face as much as you like" defense that some people tend to like, but he's definitely been hit throughout his career where he's shown he can sustain a punch.

Shane doesn't do well against fighters with good jabs, he's at a disadvantage in the footwork area (which sets up his shots), and contrary to how it was defined earlier ("he had bad trainers". I'm guessing Joe Gossen and John David Jackson were just slouches?) he's still mentally weaker in comparison to Floyd.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 23 2010, 03:40 PM) *
ut possibly a KO if Floyd opens up too much, which he might try to to get Mosley's respect. Those Mayweather's all had weak ass chins,

This IMO is just reaching if there ever was a way to reach. Floyd fights NOTHING like Jeff, Roger and only a little like his father. Yet because they have the same blood lines you're saying because the previous generation has had "weak chins" that Mayweather does also right?? So Mosley is going to land one of his bombs and put Mayweather out right??

Anything is possible but if you actually think that Floyd no matter how much you hate him, like him, "not impressed with his wins at welterweight" has not been hit solidly, you're out of your mind. He can definitely take a punch now granted, he doesn't have that "hit me in the face as much as you like" defense that some people tend to like, but he's definitely been hit throughout his career where he's shown he can sustain a punch.

Shane doesn't do well against fighters with good jabs, he's at a disadvantage in the footwork area (which sets up his shots), and contrary to how it was defined earlier ("he had bad trainers". I'm guessing Joe Gossen and John David Jackson were just slouches?) he's still mentally weaker in comparison to Floyd.

Mosley would be undefeated if he fought the exact guys Floyd fought. Would Floyd have beaten Wright and Forrest? I don't think so. I do think he would have beat Cotto though. I absolutely think Mosley can KO him, no doubt. Shane has got the power to do it. And Floyd has never been hit by a hard welterweight punch. Please tell me these big punches at welterweight he was hit with and by whom?

As far as the chin thing I mentioned. Roy Jones protected his chin for so many years till he got older and started getting hit, and we found out about his lack of chin. We truly do not know about Floyd's chin, and I am sure we will find out come May 1st. We will also see Floyd's mentality while he is in a tough fight, not just predetermined sparring session.

King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 23 2010, 07:01 PM) *
Mosley would be undefeated if he fought the exact guys Floyd fought. Would Floyd have beaten Wright and Forrest? I don't think so. I do think he would have beat Cotto though. I absolutely think Mosley can KO him, no doubt. Shane has got the power to do it. And Floyd has never been hit by a hard welterweight punch. Please tell me these big punches at welterweight he was hit with and by whom?

As far as the chin thing I mentioned. Roy Jones protected his chin for so many years till he got older and started getting hit, and we found out about his lack of chin. We truly do not know about Floyd's chin, and I am sure we will find out come May 1st. We will also see Floyd's mentality while he is in a tough fight, not just predetermined sparring session.

I dont care what you or anybody else says. Roy's chin isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Everytime he's been dropped by a chin shot he has always managed to get up. Whether he was able to continue or not was debatable. The shots behind the ear is what always stopped good ol Roy.

Back to the subject at hand...Floyd is going to put them "thangs" on Mosley and he isn't going to know what to do. This is going to be DLH(Success early but picked apart late) all over again.
Big Slim Sweet
Roy's chin was always china. It's just that guys couldn't catch him flush in his prime because he was a freakish athlete.

Lennox Lewis is an example of a dude with a better chin than people like to say.

Mayweather's chin is still up for debate. Corley had him hurt, and Corley's no big puncher.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 23 2010, 08:09 PM) *
I dont care what you or anybody else says. Roy's chin isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Everytime he's been dropped by a chin shot he has always managed to get up. Whether he was able to continue or not was debatable. The shots behind the ear is what always stopped good ol Roy.

Back to the subject at hand...Floyd is going to put them "thangs" on Mosley and he isn't going to know what to do. This is going to be DLH(Success early but picked apart late) all over again.

Mosley even at his advanced age is a much better fighter than the DLH that Floyd fought. This will bring back memories of James Toney vs Mike McCallum. Except this time McCallum can crack. I think Naz is a difference maker in his corner. If Shane had him earlier in his career, he may have been more patient when Fighting Forest and Wright. Richardson will make the game plan and Shane has the athleticism to carry it out. I think Shane will beat Mayweather maybe even stop him late in the fight. Mayweather has had the fortune of being in with guys who fade late. DLH, Hatton, Marquez, Judah, Baldomir all faded down the stretch. Mosley will not go away. He'll be as dangerous in the 12th as he is in the 1st. Gonna be an interesting fight, cause Shane can crack. We will definitely see what Floyd is made of.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 23 2010, 11:10 PM) *
Lennox Lewis is an example of a dude with a better chin than people like to say.

You think so?? I'm not so sure. Lennox was never really cracked that often in his career. He was very good at using his size to keep from getting hit. The first time we really saw him get banged on was the McCall fight. He got caught with a huge punch. Same with Rahman. He got caught and he folded like a lawn chair. The Rahman fight reminded me very much of the way Jones Jr got caught with Tarver and with Johnson. Both guys were caught with great punches. If RJJ has a glass jaw to some, then so does Lewis. He got caught the same way as Roy...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 23 2010, 10:24 PM) *

I don't think it is up for debate.

laugh.gif

Fitz always on point.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 23 2010, 10:24 PM) *
You think so?? I'm not so sure. Lennox was never really cracked that often in his career. He was very good at using his size to keep from getting hit. The first time we really saw him get banged on was the McCall fight. He got caught with a huge punch. Same with Rahman. He got caught and he folded like a lawn chair. The Rahman fight reminded me very much of the way Jones Jr got caught with Tarver and with Johnson. Both guys were caught with great punches. If RJJ has a glass jaw to some, then so does Lewis. He got caught the same way as Roy...

Lewis took some big shots from Mercer and some flush shots on the chin from Vitali. Holyfield caught him a few times, Bruno tagged him a lot. Lewis was no Hagler, but he could take a decent punch.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 24 2010, 12:26 AM) *
Lewis took some big shots from Mercer and some flush shots on the chin from Vitali. Holyfield caught him a few times, Bruno tagged him a lot. Lewis was no Hagler, but he could take a decent punch.

I agree with that. That shit Rahman hit him with probably would have iced anyone. The McCall KO was a good shot too, and he did get up but was still wobbly. Would like to see if Tua would have landed some of his bombs.
jlupi
Not sure how roys chin was prev. I had seen him caught before but he was so athletic uou dont know if he was able to take a little off the shot. He was tagged by ruiz a few times and certainly when he seemed out of it in tarver 1. He certainly had no chin after being KOd by tarver. Sometimes a concussion is like that, you are more susceptible in the future.
JD
Yeah...Floyd is going to win this fight handily.

Wide decision...Mosley is too old to be taking 16 months off, and even if he were active, Floyd's style is wrong for him unless we are dealing with the lightweight version of Sugar Shane.

MarzB
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 23 2010, 10:10 PM) *
Roy's chin was always china. It's just that guys couldn't catch him flush in his prime because he was a freakish athlete.

Mayweather's chin is still up for debate. Corley had him hurt, and Corley's no big puncher.

I KNEW this would come up. I knew it. Zab, Castillio and Corrales have also landed solidly on Floyd and?? Corley also had Cotto on queer street and?? It's not individuals LACK OF CHIN that knocks them down usually. It's a usually a combination of things mostly stemming from either NOT ACCOUNTING for the forthcoming punch(see none other than Corley's recent knockout where he didn't account for the forthcoming right hand that put him out on his feet before he went timber) fatigue and/or weak neck muscles.

Usually when you can account for a shot you can either brace yourself or the good ones will roll with it taking away a lot of the force from it. Another thing to account for is dehydration since most fighters are fighting near their walking around weight (I'm being sarcastic).

Neither fighter fits the later so we don't have that to worry about. Shane's MONEY punch is his left hook but hopefully doesn't listen to most people who think he should come all hands a blazing because his opponent has that right hand attached to his head most of the time so it would be wasted.

Far as the comment of "if who fought who, who'd be this" I'll just say, "IF my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle". I mean seriously do we have to go that road again. Mayweather wouldn't have looked like SCHIT that Mosley did against wide punching, predicable Mayorga. Mayweather wouldn't have looked average against Jose Cruz.

I personally hope that for Shane (while I'm rooting against him but I can judge thing in an unbiased fashion) not only stays focused but doesn't become dejected/discouraged. Triple M said in this thread and this MUST be considered and I'll repeat it. Shane was OUTBOXED by Miguel Cotto period. Cotto is a good but methodical boxer. Shane's been boxing over 30 years so please don't blame that loss on "JACK" because Bro Nazim isn't going to show him much that he already doesn't know.

it's just a matter if he follows it and stay consistent.

I personally HOPE he doesn't get SUCKED into the forthcoming HYPE and onslaught that he'll get out of his game plan.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 23 2010, 11:30 PM) *
I agree with that. That shit Rahman hit him with probably would have iced anyone. The McCall KO was a good shot too, and he did get up but was still wobbly. Would like to see if Tua would have landed some of his bombs.

Had Tua landed his money punch flush on Lewis' chin;

And the NEW....
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Mar 24 2010, 11:14 PM) *

And the NEW....

No doubt. I thought it was going to happen to in the early going, but Lennox was able to tame Tua.
jlupi
floyd was Clearly the better fighter agains oscar who was looking sort of shot. Oscar stayed in the fight because of one thing - Floyds workrate and failure to commit with a bigger fighter. I believe shane is a better more active fighter than oscar was at that point.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Mar 24 2010, 10:14 PM) *

And the NEW....

Being a Lewis fan, I was SCARED TO DEATH when this fight was happening. i was screaming at the TV for Lewis to keep his hands GLUED to his chin.

You know how he holds his hands out and paws with the jab? I was expecting a big looping hook off Tua to crack him, lol.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Mar 25 2010, 10:39 AM) *
Being a Lewis fan, I was SCARED TO DEATH when this fight was happening. i was screaming at the TV for Lewis to keep his hands GLUED to his chin.

You know how he holds his hands out and paws with the jab? I was expecting a big looping hook off Tua to crack him, lol.

I kind of remember Tua catching Lewis on the end of one of his left hooks right as the bell was ringing to end round two. Lewis staggered back into the ropes a bit, but that was the only time Tua came close to doing any damage.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 25 2010, 02:56 PM) *
I kind of remember Tua catching Lewis on the end of one of his left hooks right as the bell was ringing to end round two. Lewis staggered back into the ropes a bit, but that was the only time Tua came close to doing any damage.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen that fight, but don't remember Tua doing anything of note throughout the fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.