Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (jlupi @ Mar 25 2010, 08:12 AM) *
floyd was Clearly the better fighter agains oscar who was looking sort of shot. Oscar stayed in the fight because of one thing - Floyds workrate and failure to commit with a bigger fighter. I believe shane is a better more active fighter than oscar was at that point.

May be but it won't much matter.

Shane has problems with guys who have a good jab plus his defense against the right hand is lacking.

Floyd by UD 116-112
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Mar 25 2010, 10:39 AM) *
You know how he holds his hands out and paws with the jab? I was expecting a big looping hook off Tua to crack him, lol.

Had Tua been 10-15 pounds lighter....
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Mar 25 2010, 03:13 PM) *
Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen that fight, but don't remember Tua doing anything of note throughout the fight.

I remember the punch where Tua sort of half catches Lewis @ the end of a left hook. Lennox was clearly shaken by that left hook and it didn't even land flush.

But besides that, Tua did nothing other than air condition the crowd and eat a shit load of jabs...
1zz
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Mar 26 2010, 12:47 AM) *
I remember the punch where Tua sort of half catches Lewis @ the end of a left hook. Lennox was clearly shaken by that left hook and it didn't even land flush.

But besides that, Tua did nothing other than air condition the crowd and eat a shit load of jabs...

Here are some of the HL's

Tua landing on Lewis
Keith
QUOTE (1zz @ Mar 27 2010, 09:46 AM) *
Here are some of the HL's

Tua landing on Lewis

Damn... after watching that I just feel so sad for the HW division right now.

wtf.gif happened to all the big dudes who could move their hands and feet with authority at the same time?

NFL?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 27 2010, 01:49 PM) *
Damn... after watching that I just feel so sad for the HW division right now.

wtf.gif happened to all the big dudes who could move their hands and feet with authority at the same time?

NFL?

NFL and Prison.
King Eugene
Anybody read the article about Mayweather knocking out sparring partners? As soon as I seen the headline I just chuckled. He's about to tax Mosley's ass though!
AussieLad
Don't like what i am reading about moselys training camp. Old Naz focusing on the sparring match between roy and hopkins, a fight which virtually means nothing, at the expense of preparing defending champ mosely against a p4p top 2 undefeated fighter.

Its beyond belief.

I don't know how much conditioning is involved in an 8 week prep? Would shane just be focusing on conditioning, with a final 3 weeks of sparring to sharpen up? He is coming off a contest prep for Berto, which isnt that long ago so he should be in shape still, but damn, i hope he is sharp for floyd. Win or lose, i just want to see the best possible version of mosely in the ring on the night.

I like shane alot, but he really is a bit of a bitch at the art of life. He gets screwed in his partnership with goldenboy and hopkins, he gets screwed at the negotiation tables begging for fights, and it seems he is getting screwed by his trainer now.

Fuck the hopkins vs jones fight. Its a fucking time waster thats several years too late to be relevant. Mosely vs Floyd is the big one. Naz needs to get his shit prioritized

I hope the reports are wrong

Must be music to Eugenes ears... LOL
King Eugene
D-MARV
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 1 2010, 05:21 AM) *
Don't like what i am reading about moselys training camp. Old Naz focusing on the sparring match between roy and hopkins, a fight which virtually means nothing, at the expense of preparing defending champ mosely against a p4p top 2 undefeated fighter.

Its beyond belief.

I don't know how much conditioning is involved in an 8 week prep? Would shane just be focusing on conditioning, with a final 3 weeks of sparring to sharpen up? He is coming off a contest prep for Berto, which isnt that long ago so he should be in shape still, but damn, i hope he is sharp for floyd. Win or lose, i just want to see the best possible version of mosely in the ring on the night.

I like shane alot, but he really is a bit of a bitch at the art of life. He gets screwed in his partnership with goldenboy and hopkins, he gets screwed at the negotiation tables begging for fights, and it seems he is getting screwed by his trainer now.

Fuck the hopkins vs jones fight. Its a fucking time waster thats several years too late to be relevant. Mosely vs Floyd is the big one. Naz needs to get his shit prioritized

I hope the reports are wrong

Must be music to Eugenes ears... LOL

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the press. Mosley is a VET and I'm sure he knows how to prepare for a BIG fight!
Keith
If Mosley loses to Floyd the reason wont be that he's not prepared.

The press has to have something to write about... As though Shane isnt training and Naz is just going to show up with less then 4 weeks left.

Shane and Naz just had a full training camp ending in late January. They've been together at Big Bear for X amount of weeks for this camp right now. So this one week leading up to the RJJ fight, maybe Naz has had to pay attention to Bernard more. OK fine... Shane will be ready on May 1st. Shane is a pro and Naz is a pro... he'll be ready.
Lil-lightsout
To be honest, not liking what I heard about Mosley, BUT damn that article was way biased. Who the blank knows if it's true anyway? I mean this is Mosley's biggest fight in his career, you would think he is super motivated. But I will admit I wish Naz was personally with him longer to work with for this fight.

Funny about Mayweather KO'n sparring partners, who exactly has he knocked out at welterweight? Pretty much means nothing. I wish someone could give some concrete info on what Shane has been up to the last couple of weeks.
Big Slim Sweet
Reports about Mayweather knocking out sparring partners means nothing.

Mosley not having Naaz in camp with 4 weeks to go might mean something.
neophyte7
Shane is going to get stopped in 10
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 2 2010, 02:54 AM) *

By what, a bomb scare?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 2 2010, 02:54 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Keith

Floyd knocking out sparring partners. haha.gif

Propaganda. Pure and simple.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 1 2010, 04:47 AM) *

It is good to be back.

TURN IT UP!
Snoop
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 2 2010, 04:08 PM) *
Floyd knocking out sparring partners. haha.gif

Propaganda. Pure and simple.

Especially since they're not specifying who he's knocking out.
Keith
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 2 2010, 04:22 PM) *
Especially since they're not specifying who he's knocking out.

laugh.gif ya...

and ko's with headgear on. Funny shit really, how bad a sparring partner that has to be.

SmartyBeardo
Given the fact that Gross Backdoor Prostitutions is now threatening legit internet boxing communities if they don't get in line to lick their stankhole, and the pile of feces they promoted as a PPV last night, it might just be time for a certain hobo to revert to his journalistic roots and dig out the source of all that stankiness.

You just keep defecatin' on us all there GBP, and you just might find a nasty fucken train hopper all up in your ass.

That is a promise.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 4 2010, 12:36 PM) *
Given the fact that Gross Backdoor Prostitutions is now threatening legit internet boxing communities if they don't get in line to lick their stankhole, and the pile of feces they promoted as a PPV last night, it might just be time for a certain hobo to revert to his journalistic roots and dig out the source of all that stankiness.

You just keep defecatin' on us all there GBP, and you just might find a nasty fucken train hopper all up in your ass.

That is a promise.

Make it happen!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 5 2010, 03:43 AM) *
Make it happen!

What he said...
jlupi

Imperius3
I like the face off.

Spyder
DAYUM!!!

laugh.gif

That face off was pretty sick. You could tell when Shane talked that Floyd was feeling his words. Towards the end, you could even see the doubt on Floyd's face. This is gonna be a good one.
lloyd mayflower
Ironic that in a thread where the blatant greed of GBP has been discussed, I cant watch those videos cos HBO have blocked them. Dirty greedy fucks
MarzB
On the lighter side of thing, I see Mosley has gone out an obtained TATS.

We see how well those have worked out for Cotto,lol..
lloyd mayflower
Never seen the significance of the tattoos for Cotto and certainly dont for Mosley. With Shane its probably a case of he wasnt allowed any whilst with Jin!
King Eugene
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 6 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Never seen the significance of the tattoos for Cotto and certainly dont for Mosley. With Shane its probably a case of he wasnt allowed any whilst with Jin!

Its like a kid having a curfew when living with their parents but once they got to college and was on their own they stayed up late just for the hell of it.
Spyder
It looks like he got a full sleeve.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (MarzB @ Apr 6 2010, 05:13 PM) *

Yeah, cause they got them to give them to give them strength in the ring and to help them against PBF. rolleyes_anim.gif

Just maybe they got them cause they wanted them for there own personal reasons.
MarzB
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 6 2010, 08:46 PM) *
Yeah, cause they got them to give them to give them strength in the ring and to help them against PBF. rolleyes_anim.gif

Just maybe they got them cause they wanted them for there own personal reasons.

Dude lighten up, it's a joke ok?? It was the first thing that stood out from GBPs press release. Here forget explaining. Lloyd and Eugene's responses were hilarious.

Which reminds me. Does anyone know if Jin is single?? If she's still lurking around here, I'll gladly accompany her to the fight smile.gif
lloyd mayflower
Yeah but will you gladly take the strap-on she will inevitably want to steam into you with like she did to Shane when he asked her if he coud get a tattoo?
MarzB
That'll happen to someone like Shane but not yours truly. Trust me smile.gif

Back to the 24/7. I HOPE they change the formula a bit. No contrived stuff. No overly sappy crap. Just tell THEIR stories. But I pretty sure here's how the first episode will go.

They'll start off with the confrontation where Shane and his instigator came into Floyd's interview. They'll then cut to Floyd rambling about how "he doesn't disrespect fighters after their facts, blah, blah, blah". Schit we've heard before. Then they'll cut to Shane him saying that, "all I was trying to do was get a fight".

They'll then touch on the Pacquiao fight showing highlights of the signing being broadcast. That'll go on for 2-3 minutes. Then they'll show Andre Berto and then mention the Haitian earthquake. They'll talk about the signing, then show portions of their 3 city media tour.

Then the music will come on discussing NEXT weeks episode.
Method

Just saw that on B-Scene and was rushing over here to post the comment. This is always a bad omen.

Might have to rethink my bet.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (MarzB @ Apr 6 2010, 10:26 PM) *
Dude lighten up, it's a joke ok?? It was the first thing that stood out from GBPs press release. Here forget explaining. Lloyd and Eugene's responses were hilarious.

Dude... I know it was a joke. Still got to defend my boy, kind of like you always defend yours no matter what. Right?
MarzB
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 6 2010, 09:56 PM) *
Dude... I know it was a joke. Still got to defend my boy, kind of like you always defend yours no matter what. Right?

I "always" defend Floyd? Anyways.. whatever perception is reality for some it seems.

So these sparring stories that have been on the front page. I personally put little stock into them. I'm often amazed that these stories are getting circulated because to me it's like saying, "the scout team beat the first team". BIG DEAL. I've noticed the Pacquiao camp has done this and sadly the Mayweather camp is doing it (but hey I ALWAYS DEFEND Floyd smirking).

I've noticed a lot of professional sparring isn't situational anymore either. Thats the point of it. To not only have someone give you work to work on your wind, stamina, timing and such. But also to mimic what the other guy is doing. It's not supposed to be all about "war stories" or, "let me knock this guy the fuck out". So what if Shane is SUPPOSEDLY not doing well in sparring? The fight is 25 days away. Maybe his timing isn't there yet.

Mayweather knocking OUT sparring partners? Big deal (if true) What happens if he's too cocky unloads and has more hand problems??

Shane SHOULD be working on more lateral movement feints.

Floyd IMO should be working on using more combinations. Apparently he is according to what Sr said but the sparring stories are just getting over blown. I'd be curious who each guy has in there or the styles they have. Does Shane have fluid, quick guys??
Does Floyd have stronger guys? Is he rotating them through rounds??
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 7 2010, 02:32 AM) *
Yeah but will you gladly take the strap-on she will inevitably want to steam into you with like she did to Shane when he asked her if he coud get a tattoo?

The short term pain of getting that ink would hurt a lot less than when Shane said "I do" & certainly less than when Jin fisted him on their wedding night.

I like tattoos good for you Shane.
JD
From what I heard, Floyd's chief sparring partner is Steve Forbes.
MarzB
Seems like a better fit for Shane than Floyd.
Byrd Man
I have a question about something I read on another forum, and wanted to ask here, because people here seem to be fairly knowledgeable. Hopefully I can ask this without being called a "hater" or some other childish name.

If Floyd and Shane are taking the WADA tests, doesn't that mean that whatever that stuff that Floyd uses on his hands (which are legal in NV) will be on that list of banned substances?

I read somewhere that that stuff he uses to numb his hands would trigger a failed test. I don't know if that's true or not, or just someone who has a hatred of Floyd throwing that out there.

It WOULD bring up an interesting twist in that whole thing. I suppose it makes sense if something is banned from the other states except Nevada that it might be on the WADA list of banned substances.

Thanks.
Keith
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 7 2010, 02:56 PM) *
I have a question about something I read on another forum, and wanted to ask here, because people here seem to be fairly knowledgeable. Hopefully I can ask this without being called a "hater" or some other childish name.

If Floyd and Shane are taking the WADA tests, doesn't that mean that whatever that stuff that Floyd uses on his hands (which are legal in NV) will be on that list of banned substances?

I read somewhere that that stuff he uses to numb his hands would trigger a failed test. I don't know if that's true or not, or just someone who has a hatred of Floyd throwing that out there.

It WOULD bring up an interesting twist in that whole thing. I suppose it makes sense if something is banned from the other states except Nevada that it might be on the WADA list of banned substances.

Thanks.

That would show up in the urine test but they wouldnt test for it since it's not illegal in Vegas.

All high and mighty Floyd about banned substances, when the rumor is he wont fight anywhere other then Vegas since he cant use it.

That's how important that shit is to him.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 7 2010, 01:22 PM) *
That would show up in the urine test but they wouldnt test for it since it's not illegal in Vegas.

All high and mighty Floyd about banned substances, when the rumor is he wont fight anywhere other then Vegas since he cant use it.

That's how important that shit is to him.

Well I realize that it's okay for him to use that in Nevada. But he doesn't want to go by the Nevada way of doing it, and he wants the more stringent blood testing of the Olympic style testing.

So does that mean, then, that he could be prohibited from using something that is legal under the way NSAC tests, but NOT legal under the way WADA tests.
Keith
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 7 2010, 05:49 PM) *
So does that mean, then, that he could be prohibited from using something that is legal under the way NSAC tests, but NOT legal under the way WADA tests.

No, he can still use it. WADA might still test for it and report to NSAC that he tested positive but NCAS will just disregard it since it's legal.

They're using WADA testing procedures but are legally bound by the NSAC rules.
Byrd Man
not quite sure that makes much sense, but it's their rules.
torvix2000
LOL!!!

Case to case basis? Or banned substance to banned subtance basis? Or drug testing agency to drug testing agency basis?
Byrd Man
Well I think my issue is that the very reason that WADA (or USADA or whatever) was brought in, was because Floyd felt that the NSAC way of doing things was not stringent enough. That it wasn't able to catch EVERYTHING that someone could do, and felt that WADA could catch more things.

Okay, fine.

But if you say "We're gonna do WADA, but this one drug, that doesn't trigger a failed test, because I can use that in this one state" does that not lend to the accusation of Floyd wanting to dictate how shit is going to go down?

In this post I'm not trying to take sides here, I'm simply asking a question.

If you choose to go with one option over another because it'll be more strict with the drugs it looks for, but you then try to put limits on what substances are banned, am I the only one that finds that odd?

Now, to be fair this is all conjecture unless there's some type of verification that A. the hand numbing stuff is a banned substance according to WADA/USADA, and whether or not he would be allowed to use it.

Just saying this seems kind of odd, if that's the case.
Byrd Man
I guess it boils down to whether or not the Xylocaine, or Lidocaine or fucking Iocaine Powder is banned by WADA/USADA. Until that is clarified...it's just questions I suppose.
d3nidad4
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 8 2010, 11:28 AM) *
I guess it boils down to whether or not the Xylocaine, or Lidocaine or fucking Iocaine Powder is banned by WADA/USADA. Until that is clarified...it's just questions I suppose.

Still Our question, "IS" does this kind of testing only be done on Mayweather Fights?.. HOW about the undercards.. if not included. this is all a SHOW of MAYWEATHER..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.