Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Fitz
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 12 2010, 10:46 AM) *
If a dude walked up to Marz on the street and was like 'Hey Marz, nice day today isn't it?, Marz would respond, 'Maybe. Depends on your definition of nice. Why don't you call someone in Haiti or Chile and ask them if they consider today to be a nice day?'

Haha.
Thegreatequalizer
just watched 24-7 and i gotta say that mayweather is one sad dude. talking about how he's doing mosley a favor and how everyone wants to be like him. man, he is delusional if he thinks people buy that shit. and he wonders why people don't like him more. i hope that he suffers according to the will of stevenski.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (BenThompsonSucks @ Apr 12 2010, 04:42 AM) *
LOL! Sooner or later, you'll be the only ones talking on these boards. No new registration. No new members. Hahaha!!!

Well we got you & you are pure quality. More members would be nice sure but we only want quality members on here. You don't fit the bill never will Marz. Now get the fuck outta here & shine those shoes son. Spit shine em real good so's I don't have to tan your hide.

QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Apr 12 2010, 06:57 AM) *
i hope that he suffers according to the will of stevenski.

One day he will.
Byrd Man
I gotta say I never really cared for Marz, simply because he relegates everyone who has an issue with Mayweather into the "hater" category, no matter whether that label fits or not. I think he comes off a bit over defensive as it pertains to Mayweather.

That said, this is a complete and utter bitch move on his part (and Torvix as well) coming back with these fake names, esp. Marz' one.

But he doesn't care what I think or any of us think. Hopefully his bitch ass will be gone and he can go over to some other boxing site and just start shit talking this site, which you know is going to happen, if it hasn't already begun.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (BenThompsonSucks @ Apr 12 2010, 04:42 AM) *
LOL! Sooner or later, you'll be the only ones talking on these boards. No new registration. No new members. Hahaha!!!

Yeah, this board is so bad that you took the time to register this bitter persona and continue to talk shit. You are a maggot.
ViperSniper
‘Sugar’ Shane Mosley has the most chance of beating Mayweather than anyone who has faced him since he moved out of the lightweight divisions. He is the 1st legit Welterweight Floyd has faced who happens to be a pretty strong, powerful, quick, good chinned, and a determined one.

If Mosley can find some success early in the fight with a steady game plan he can at least stick with as long as Judah he has a real chance of winning. Unlike Judah, even if Mosley happens to get out of his game plan he will still be there the later half of the fight, still trying, unlike Judah.

Sounds stupid but Mosley may be best to really turn the heat up for round one only to set an example & possible discourage Mayweather early on. Create an illusion of a false game plan early which may leave Mayweather uncomfortable & guessing for the early part of the fight.

I think Mosley may be best trying to ‘box aggressively’ behind the jab & try to match the speed on the outside apposed to coming in firing like he did against Margarito as he would get eating alive by counters.

Mosley best chance is to try get in some body work early in hopes to slow an always conditioned Mayweather. Rough him up whenever he gets the chance to & bang him to the gloves, arms, elbows, chest, throat…anything just don’t go head hunting.

As for Mayweather I really don’t think it’s out of the question for him to get the stoppage over Mosley as many have implied, as everyone should know this is boxing! Yes it’s maybe the least likely scenario as Mosley has a great chin & Mayweather aint known as a ‘puncher’. But it’s the punches you don’t see coming that do the most damage and with Mayweather’s speed, timing & accuracy of course he is capable of getting the stoppage. Mosley’s chin is going to get a real work out in this fight!

The skills of Mayweather is the best thing Mosley has come across in his great long career. Having solid/great victories against tough fighters & brawlers recently, Luis Collazo is the closest thing he has fought in the last 5 years that resembles Mayweather in any way. Now that is only because like Mayweather, Collazo is also considered a ‘boxer’.

The way Mosley has fought lately is the exact way Mayweather like his opponents to fight & come at him. Mosley did not look the greatest against Mayorga, and Margarito has now been well over a year.

Mosley is not getting any younger as he approaches 40 in a few years with some pretty tough fights & punishment over the years. Mosley has also been put on the shelf for well over a year now. These are not ideal things you want to have to fight against in the biggest fight of your career as fighting against one of the most skilled fighters who does not know how to loose yet isn’t enough on your plate.

One of the biggest factors in this fight is the difference between both fighters is the state of mind & discipline they show inside the ring.

For such a nice, classy guy Mosley has always appeared to have some anger deep down who fights with a lot of emotion & determination. This is some of the reasons I feel many of us love Mosley & has made him such a great. Although at times when things have not gone his way those qualities have turned into frustration which worked against him against composed boxers which ended up biting him in the ass.

Mayweather is such a smart, calm boxer who rarely finds himself in any sort of harm in the ring (sometimes due to his unwillingness to open up) who is always composed in the ring. This will be enough for Mayweather to overcome the onslaught of Mosley & may even give back some of his own if he is forced to or feels is safe enough.

Shane’s combination of recent contrast of opponents, age, ring rust & ability to get frustrated will fall right into Mayweather’s youth, discipline, speed, reflexes, safety 1st mentality, defense, and accuracy. This may be the night that Mosley truly gets old over night with Mayweather not helping matters one single bit.

Shane Mosley is by no means a no-hoper as he will be there all night which is why this is such an interesting, good match-up. But as everything stated above it kills me to say Mayweather takes this by a hard worked clear decision with the cards possibly not reflecting the competitiveness & efforts of ‘Sugar’ Shane Mosley.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BenThompsonSucks @ Apr 11 2010, 11:42 PM) *

Nuthuggers gone mad.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 12 2010, 07:36 AM) *
‘Sugar’ Shane Mosley has the most chance of beating Mayweather than anyone who has faced him since he moved out of the lightweight divisions. He is the 1st legit Welterweight Floyd has faced who happens to be a pretty strong, powerful, quick, good chinned, and a determined one.

If Mosley can find some success early in the fight with a steady game plan he can at least stick with as long as Judah he has a real chance of winning. Unlike Judah, even if Mosley happens to get out of his game plan he will still be there the later half of the fight, still trying, unlike Judah.

Sounds stupid but Mosley may be best to really turn the heat up for round one only to set an example & possible discourage Mayweather early on. Create an illusion of a false game plan early which may leave Mayweather uncomfortable & guessing for the early part of the fight.

I think Mosley may be best trying to ‘box aggressively’ behind the jab & try to match the speed on the outside apposed to coming in firing like he did against Margarito as he would get eating alive by counters.

Mosley best chance is to try get in some body work early in hopes to slow an always conditioned Mayweather. Rough him up whenever he gets the chance to & bang him to the gloves, arms, elbows, chest, throat…anything just don’t go head hunting.

As for Mayweather I really don’t think it’s out of the question for him to get the stoppage over Mosley as many have implied, as everyone should know this is boxing! Yes it’s maybe the least likely scenario as Mosley has a great chin & Mayweather aint known as a ‘puncher’. But it’s the punches you don’t see coming that do the most damage and with Mayweather’s speed, timing & accuracy of course he is capable of getting the stoppage. Mosley’s chin is going to get a real work out in this fight!

The skills of Mayweather is the best thing Mosley has come across in his great long career. Having solid/great victories against tough fighters & brawlers recently, Luis Collazo is the closest thing he has fought in the last 5 years that resembles Mayweather in any way. Now that is only because like Mayweather, Collazo is also considered a ‘boxer’.

The way Mosley has fought lately is the exact way Mayweather like his opponents to fight & come at him. Mosley did not look the greatest against Mayorga, and Margarito has now been well over a year.

Mosley is not getting any younger as he approaches 40 in a few years with some pretty tough fights & punishment over the years. Mosley has also been put on the shelf for well over a year now. These are not ideal things you want to have to fight against in the biggest fight of your career as fighting against one of the most skilled fighters who does not know how to loose yet isn’t enough on your plate.

One of the biggest factors in this fight is the difference between both fighters is the state of mind & discipline they show inside the ring.

For such a nice, classy guy Mosley has always appeared to have some anger deep down who fights with a lot of emotion & determination. This is some of the reasons I feel many of us love Mosley & has made him such a great. Although at times when things have not gone his way those qualities have turned into frustration which worked against him against composed boxers which ended up biting him in the ass.

Mayweather is such a smart, calm boxer who rarely finds himself in any sort of harm in the ring (sometimes due to his unwillingness to open up) who is always composed in the ring. This will be enough for Mayweather to overcome the onslaught of Mosley & may even give back some of his own if he is forced to or feels is safe enough.

Shane’s combination of recent contrast of opponents, age, ring rust & ability to get frustrated will fall right into Mayweather’s youth, discipline, speed, reflexes, safety 1st mentality, defense, and accuracy. This may be the night that Mosley truly gets old over night with Mayweather not helping matters one single bit.

Shane Mosley is by no means a no-hoper as he will be there all night which is why this is such an interesting, good match-up. But as everything stated above it kills me to say Mayweather takes this by a hard worked clear decision with the cards possibly not reflecting the competitiveness & efforts of ‘Sugar’ Shane Mosley.

Nice post, Viper.

You put out all the conventional wisdom with respect to both men. I just have one question though. What if PBF has lost just a bit from his layoff?

I see a Castillo v PBF I scenario happening for SSM to pull off the upset. He has to attack the body, but in order to get there he needs to feign headhunting early in round one. When he goes to the body, he must be like a swarm of yellowjackets, stinging, kicking and tearing little chunks wherever he lands.

SSM must take the leather of PBF like Frazier did of Ali in the 1st fight. PBF will tweak up his activity and fire from awkward positions to keep SSM off. PBF's finely tuned machine will be damaged and the SSM's war Train will prevail with a stoppage somewhere after 8.
ROLL DEEP
I've just watched 24/7 and boy do I want Shane to smash Floyd to bits laugh.gif

Floyd, on the ropes, Margarito style, Shane launches a BIG left hook and Floyd spins and drops face first onto the ropes, KO'd.
Method
If a dude walked up to Marz on the street and was like 'Hey Marz, nice day today isn't it?, Marz would respond, 'Maybe. Depends on your definition of nice. Why don't you call someone in Haiti or Chile and ask them if they consider today to be a nice day?'

Ahhhhahahaha
KookedKrack
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 12 2010, 08:32 AM) *
I've just watched 24/7 and boy do I want Shane to smash Floyd to bits laugh.gif

Floyd, on the ropes, Margarito style, Shane launches a BIG left hook and Floyd spins and drops face first onto the ropes, KO'd.

smile_anim.gif

I got the champagne ready.
RyanTical
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 12 2010, 03:59 AM) *
I gotta say I never really cared for Marz, simply because he relegates everyone who has an issue with Mayweather into the "hater" category, no matter whether that label fits or not. I think he comes off a bit over defensive as it pertains to Mayweather.

That said, this is a complete and utter bitch move on his part (and Torvix as well) coming back with these fake names, esp. Marz' one.

But he doesn't care what I think or any of us think. Hopefully his bitch ass will be gone and he can go over to some other boxing site and just start shit talking this site, which you know is going to happen, if it hasn't already begun.

I get that a lot on Youtube when I refer to Manny Pacquiao. The same can be said about people who like Mayweather, like myself. I enjoy Boxing as a whole. I just don't see many Boxers taking Mayweather out, so if that places me in the "nuthugger category" because the majority of everyone on this board dislikes/hates Mayweather due to the way he acts, then so be it.

You'll never see me take all the hate to heart or on a personal level. It is what it is.

Byrd Man
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 12 2010, 03:14 PM) *
I get that a lot on Youtube when I refer to Manny Pacquiao. The same can be said about people who like Mayweather, like myself. I enjoy Boxing as a whole. I just don't see many Boxers taking Mayweather out, so if that places me in the "nuthugger category" because the majority of everyone on this board dislikes/hates Mayweather due to the way he acts, then so be it.

You'll never see me take all the hate to heart or on a personal level. It is what it is.

Yeah I've noticed there's lots of people like that out there.

Same thing where if I (who am white) says I don't like Mayweather because I think he's an arrogant disrespectful motherfucker, then suddenly it's "oh you just hating on a confident black man" and this other bullshit.

I got no time for ignorance like that. There ARE people who don't like him for that very reason, but I've gone over my reasons for not caring for him, and it's got nothing to do with him being black, and everything to do with him being a prick. lol

RyanTical
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 12 2010, 03:23 PM) *
Yeah I've noticed there's lots of people like that out there.

Same thing where if I (who am white) says I don't like Mayweather because I think he's an arrogant disrespectful motherfucker, then suddenly it's "oh you just hating on a confident black man" and this other bullshit.

I got no time for ignorance like that. There ARE people who don't like him for that very reason, but I've gone over my reasons for not caring for him, and it's got nothing to do with him being black, and everything to do with him being a prick. lol

Heh-heh, yeah. I can understand. He is pretty arrogant, but if it makes people tune in for the fight, mayweather accomplished his goal. I just don't read into his out-of-the-ring antics because I don't spend $54.95 to see him talk. Just to get the 'W' and go home undefeated.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Apr 12 2010, 04:59 PM) *
smile_anim.gif

I got the champagne ready.

drinks.gif

RyanTical
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 12 2010, 03:46 PM) *
drinks.gif

Don't toast just yet.

Reason #1

Reason #2

Reason #3

EQUALS

You can qq moar...

Keith
LMAO at Ryan comparing SSM to Hatton, Gatti, and Baldomir.

Thats some funny shit. On his worst day, SSM makes those marks shine his shoes.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 12 2010, 10:14 PM) *

Well I can say with confidence that you should. Trust me on that.

QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 13 2010, 01:23 AM) *
Thats some funny shit. On his worst day, SSM makes those marks shine his shoes.

Spit shine them real good like Tommy DeSimone used to shine Billy Batts.
Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 12 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Spit shine them real good like Tommy DeSimone used to shine Billy Batts.

Now go get your fucking shinebox!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 12 2010, 03:54 PM) *

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK! That's just sick.
Spyder
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 12 2010, 06:27 PM) *
Heh-heh, yeah. I can understand. He is pretty arrogant, but if it makes people tune in for the fight, mayweather accomplished his goal. I just don't read into his out-of-the-ring antics because I don't spend $54.95 to see him talk. Just to get the 'W' and go home undefeated.

See, this is the thing that I don't get...

Getting a 'W' does not impress me...what he DOES to get that 'W' is what I'm impressed with. There have been some stinkers coming from him en route to a W, and I was bored to tears. A guy with his skill level should be Roy Jonesing motherfuckers left and right...young Roy Jones that is.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too critical...but I just expect more for my $54.95.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 12 2010, 10:17 PM) *

Getting a 'W' does not impress me...what he DOES to get that 'W' is what I'm impressed with. There have been some stinkers coming from him en route to a W, and I was bored to tears. A guy with his skill level should be Roy Jonesing motherfuckers left and right...young Roy Jones that is.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too critical...but I just expect more for my $54.95.

Damn Straight!

Spot on with Jones. I used to love the way he fought, even if they were not on his level. To me, his fights were almost always exciting to watch, he always showed his whole arsenal. I am sure some haters will disagree.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 12 2010, 09:22 PM) *
Damn Straight!

Spot on with Jones. I used to love the way he fought, even if they were not on his level. To me, his fights were almost always exciting to watch, he always showed his whole arsenal. I am sure some haters will disagree.

You can bet your bottom dollar that I wont. 90's Jones was the shit. Remember the T-Bird fight, the Griffin 2 fight, the Richard Hall fight? Oooo Oooo you remember the third round of the James Toney fight? laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 13 2010, 01:00 AM) *
You can bet your bottom dollar that I wont. 90's Jones was the shit. Remember the T-Bird fight, the Griffin 2 fight, the Richard Hall fight? Oooo Oooo you remember the third round of the James Toney fight? laugh.gif

Fuck off King about the Toney comment! laugh.gif

I give your boy some praise and you shit on mine. fuck.gif

Just off the top of my head let me think of some sweet times I remember of Roy. By the way, I always mess with you about him, but I was a huge fan of his too for a long time.

The Percy Harris fight was off the hook. Brilliant shit there for a few rounds. His KO of Vaca with that huge hook was sick. Ever watch his 2nd or 3rd pro fight against Ron Amandsen? I remember watching that sooo many times(VHS), unreal stuff. Watch it. Serwano right hand KO. G. Thomas massacre, with super fast straight right that hurt him. Combo that floored Reggie Johnson was sick. Destroying Merqui Sosa after Merqui was throwing haymakers at Roy, was actually scared he might land one of them. When he totally teed off on Woods. Making Pazienza look like a dead tomato can and KO'n him brutally with amazing combo's. So many more but you get what I am saying.

BTW, I was at his fights with Brannon, Telesco, and Trinidad. Pretty good memories(not so much Trinidad fight).
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 13 2010, 12:14 AM) *
Fuck off King about the Toney comment! laugh.gif

I give your boy some praise and you shit on mine. fuck.gif

Just off the top of my head let me think of some sweet times I remember of Roy. By the way, I always mess with you about him, but I was a huge fan of his too for a long time.

The Percy Harris fight was off the hook. Brilliant shit there for a few rounds. His KO of Vaca with that huge hook was sick. Ever watch his 2nd or 3rd pro fight against Ron Amandsen? I remember watching that sooo many times(VHS), unreal stuff. Watch it. Serwano right hand KO. G. Thomas massacre, with super fast straight right that hurt him. Combo that floored Reggie Johnson was sick. Destroying Merqui Sosa after Merqui was throwing haymakers at Roy, was actually scared he might land one of them. When he totally teed off on Woods. Making Pazienza look like a dead tomato can and KO'n him brutally with amazing combo's. So many more but you get what I am saying.

BTW, I was at his fights with Brannon, Telesco, and Trinidad. Pretty good memories(not so much Trinidad fight).

Man I have his whole collection on DVD and have watched all of the fights atleast twice minus the Glen Johnson and Tarver 2 fights. I tend to keep those stored away safely. laugh.gif I remember the Vaca fight...he was bringing it til he caught that vicious left hook. Remember at the beginning of the fight he was trying to get his jaws loose when he kept opening his mouth. Welp that didn't work. laugh.gif I thought Serwano was on some exorcist type shit man. You see how his eyes rolled into the back of his head? Merqui was fighting like a mad man, then he caught that straight right that dropped him. Premature stoppage but I'm sure Roy didn't mind. LOL. That one two combo is my all time favorite Roy KD. He countered that jab so damn fast. I remember working with my little sister on the bag and making her snap her jab. I kept explaining to her how important it is to bring it back in position and not drop it at her side. Later that night we watched Jones vs. Reggie Johnson and her mouth dropped when she seen that shit. LOL he beat the shit out of Woods and whipped the hell out of the overmatched Pazienza. That last uppercut he landed was beautiful.

Your lucky as hell to have been at the Brannon fight. For some reason I didn't really enjoy the Telesco fight. I felt Roy didn't do enough to get him out of there when clearly he could have. Instead he just talked shit and whipped his ass for 12 rounds lol. Man you guys lucky this bored wasn't around in the 90's and I was still a git. You thought Torvix was bad... laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 13 2010, 01:34 AM) *
Man I have his whole collection on DVD and have watched all of the fights atleast twice minus the Glen Johnson and Tarver 2 fights. I tend to keep those stored away safely. laugh.gif I remember the Vaca fight...he was bringing it til he caught that vicious left hook. Remember at the beginning of the fight he was trying to get his jaws loose when he kept opening his mouth. Welp that didn't work. laugh.gif I thought Serwano was on some exorcist type shit man. You see how his eyes rolled into the back of his head? Merqui was fighting like a mad man, then he caught that straight right that dropped him. Premature stoppage but I'm sure Roy didn't mind. LOL. That one two combo is my all time favorite Roy KD. He countered that jab so damn fast. I remember working with my little sister on the bag and making her snap her jab. I kept explaining to her how important it is to bring it back in position and not drop it at her side. Later that night we watched Jones vs. Reggie Johnson and her mouth dropped when she seen that shit. LOL he beat the shit out of Woods and whipped the hell out of the overmatched Pazienza. That last uppercut he landed was beautiful.

Your lucky as hell to have been at the Brannon fight. For some reason I didn't really enjoy the Telesco fight. I felt Roy didn't do enough to get him out of there when clearly he could have. Instead he just talked shit and whipped his ass for 12 rounds lol. Man you guys lucky this bored wasn't around in the 90's and I was still a git. You thought Torvix was bad... laugh.gif

Dude thats cool you got all those fights on DVD. I got sooo many fights on VHS but I rarely watch anymore cause its so hard to find the fight I am looking for cause there is no organization. I am just going off of memories. Yeah me and my woman went to the Brannon fight, that was a blast. She loved watching him fight too. The Telesco fight was pretty good, but yeah Roy should have did more. I actually sat about 2 or 3 rows from Del Valle that fight.
Rivado
quick aside-

Sugar and DLH on Lopez Tonight right now.

RyanTical
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 12 2010, 07:17 PM) *

Well, that's where our opinions clash. Mayweather is basically Anderson Silva'ing kids because he can. I'm not denying that SSM won't put be a stiff test. I honestly believe this will be Mayweather's most dangerous opponent — on paper. How SSM reacts to Mayweather's techniques and defensive capabilities has yet to be seen. I'm sure some of you can agree with me on this. If I were to put my money on who would be the first to dethrone the current 'King of PPV' — that man would be SSM. I just don't see SSM doing much to Mayweather to damage/muscle him around, i.e. Castillo, to gain the winning advantage. Mosley is there to be hit. My curiosity peaks at this "gameplan" Brotha' Naazim has for Shane to implement in order to take Mayweather out.

At the end of the day, I'll just end up reading a bunch of complaints about how "Shane should have done this..", et cetera, once he loses a lopsided UD or even TKO'd. Then they'll be a Pacquiao War Train the following day, we'll be right back at square-one.

...but don't think that if Mayweather loses or Mayweather wins the fight due to a highly controversial decision victory, I won't be here commenting about what he should have done, et cetera or agreeing that he lost. I won't pull a Marz and PMS on everyone because he got what 90% of think he deserves — a good 'ol fashioned southern asswhoopin'.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 12 2010, 01:21 PM) *
Nice post, Viper.

You put out all the conventional wisdom with respect to both men. I just have one question though. What if PBF has lost just a bit from his layoff?

I see a Castillo v PBF I scenario happening for SSM to pull off the upset. He has to attack the body, but in order to get there he needs to feign headhunting early in round one. When he goes to the body, he must be like a swarm of yellowjackets, stinging, kicking and tearing little chunks wherever he lands.

SSM must take the leather of PBF like Frazier did of Ali in the 1st fight. PBF will tweak up his activity and fire from awkward positions to keep SSM off. PBF's finely tuned machine will be damaged and the SSM's war Train will prevail with a stoppage somewhere after 8.

Thanks for the words man ok.gif

Personally I don't think 8 months will be enough to show any signs of Mayweather loosing a step as he looked the same to me coming off an even bigger lay-off against Marquez. However I do believe Marquez was way too small & had no business being in the ring with him. By saying that Mayweather still looked good and IMHO still don't think he fought past 3rd gear as he wanted some rounds in him along with an easy paycheck.

But for whatever reason Floyd was to loose a step in the legs or timing department, I feel Mayweather may get roughed up a bit more but that may be about it. I really can't stand Floyd but he is a safe/smart fighter whose biggest biggest motivation at this point isn't to win, but infact not to loose & it shows in the ring. I just think he has a bit too much in too many areas to loose this fight.

I like the sound of your breakdown with the 'Smokin'' Shane Mosley theory there lol, I think a body attack for Mosley is essential in this fight too. Round 8 stoppage??? Damn how I hope your right & I'm wrong about this.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 13 2010, 03:33 AM) *
Thanks for the words man ok.gif

Personally I don't think 8 months will be enough to show any signs of Mayweather loosing a step as he looked the same to me coming off an even bigger lay-off against Marquez. However I do believe Marquez was way too small & had no business being in the ring with him. By saying that Mayweather still looked good and IMHO still don't think he fought past 3rd gear as he wanted some rounds in him along with an easy paycheck.

But for whatever reason Floyd was to loose a step in the legs or timing department, I feel Mayweather may get roughed up a bit more but that may be about it. I really can't stand Floyd but he is a safe/smart fighter whose biggest biggest motivation at this point isn't to win, but infact not to loose & it shows in the ring. I just think he has a bit too much in too many areas to loose this fight.

I like the sound of your breakdown with the 'Smokin'' Shane Mosley theory there lol, I think a body attack for Mosley is essential in this fight too. Round 8 stoppage??? Damn how I hope your right & I'm wrong about this.

I watched the JMM fight because I felt PBF may have ring rust and as a result the fight would be entertaining. Obviously, I was wrong, not because PBF proved anything, but rather because JMM had no business being in the ring at that weight and all I got for my money was 12 rounds of sparring for PBF. Sparring does not count as a fight for me.

That said, if SSM comes out at anything less than his very best, not just ready to fight, but ready for war, PBF will make him look a little less silly than he did JMM. The difference is that JMM was no real threat, even against a rusty PBF. The best I could expect from him was to make it interesting. Even if SSM comes in at the level he was in the Cotto fight, this will be interesting. If the old dog has learned new tricks from his new trainer, and he comes in to do or die, we've got ourselves a war that the Ferrari of boxing wants no part of.

PBF is the betting favorite (as he should be), but we've seen what the Joe Fraziers of boxing can do to even a GOAT when he has not done the proper preparation in the ring after a lengthy layoff.

PBF's saving grace may well have been a do or die Korean fighter. If this went 15, SSM would have a 25% better chance of sending PBFerrari off the cliff to Twitchville. SSM must get it done in 12.
PR316
Mayweather is so annoying in the 24/7s with his trash talk. So forced, so fake, with absolutely ZERO charisma. At least when guys like Ali, Hamed, and others would talk trash, they would say funny things and it would just flow. Floyd just tries WAY TOO HARD and he makes himself look like a total idiot.

That said, I still think that at this point in their careers, Mayweather will have enough to counter and move his way to a boring points win. I don't expect anything really impressive. Just a good, solid win where he avoids getting hurt.

I'm neutral on this one, but a part of me wants to see Mosley pull off the upset just to see what Floyd would have to say.
Byrd Man
found this on ESB's forum:

Mayweather's Adviser: "Floyd Does Not Use Xylocaine"

during a recent conference call with the press, Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s adviser Leonard Ellerbe lashed out at the circulated rumors pertaining to Floyd's alleged use of the drug Xylocaine. There have been rumors circulating for months that Mayweather was using the drug to the numb any possible pain in his hands. Mayweather has been plagued with hand pain for several years. According to Ellerbe, Mayweather has not expereinced any hand problems in his last couple of fights.

"For the record, Floyd Mayweathter doesn't shoot anything in his hands. That was a nasty rumor that was spread out there just because people like to do those kind of things. Floyd is a clean athlete and he's been a clean athlete from Day One. Floyd Mayweather doesn't shoot or use needles in his hands," Ellerbe was quoted as saying by Lem Satterfield of AOL's Boxing FanHouse.

"For the record, Floyd hasn't had hand problems in a number of fights, especially in the last few. What this is is that people are always out there looking for reasons to take away from someone's accomplishment. The bottom line is that when it comes to Floyd's hands, he's not having any problems, and he doesn't shoot anything into his hands. And come May 1, Shane Mosley will see for himself what Floyd will be able to do with both of his hands."

Mayweather and Shane Mosley in a random drug protocol for their May 1 mega-fight. The United States Anti Doping Agency is handling the tests, but Xylocaine is not on their list of prohibited substances.
Byrd Man
you know what's fucked up? I'm actually thinking about going to see this at the local theater. I just realized that it's playing in a theater up here in Spokane. Tickets are 20 bucks, and I might actually go see this.

I hate the idea of putting any money in Floyd's pockets, and I totally wasted my money on the De La Hoya/Floyd fight, but I may give this a shot.
cervix2000
Mayweather will win this. He only takes fights he thinks he has at least a 75% chance of winning. So I am 80% sure Gayweather wins this. He was maybe 80% sure he could beat Pacquiao but with steroids, he was only 70% sure. LOL!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 14 2010, 09:36 AM) *
How can anyone 'think' about watching this fight? This is a legitimate fight and the biggest fight of the year and will stay that way (unless Pacquiao-Mayweather happens by the end of the year).
This is a fight most 'boxing' fans would want to see.

Sure sure. Just certain people like me will not pay to see it. I will go down the pub & watch it. If Mayweather loses then I will go home & order the replay & watch it over & over.
jlupi
So ellerbe says that floyd "doesent shoot anything into his hands"

guess 1:40 of the hbo vid is wrong( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAIQBcpHpSs ) when it says some fighters including floyd inject "just prior to the fight"?

Some have argued that possibly he injects during training as thats legal in nevada. I fail to see why anyone would do this as it leaves the boxer more likely to be injured before fight night, but I guess prof athleats often do things against conventional wisdom
D-MARV
Any boxing fan not watching this fight is a DAMN fool and probably not a true fan.

NO WAY this fight will be boring. Shane won't allow that.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 14 2010, 03:01 PM) *
Any boxing fan not watching this fight is a DAMN fool and probably not a true fan.

NO WAY this fight will be boring. Shane won't allow that.

I'm your huckleberry! I'm on the nightshift May 1st and am suitably fucking enraged! I'll try to stay away form the result till I can see it but I know full well i'll be on this site cos the not knowing will kill me!
D-MARV
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 14 2010, 12:10 PM) *
I'm your huckleberry! I'm on the nightshift May 1st and am suitably fucking enraged! I'll try to stay away form the result till I can see it but I know full well i'll be on this site cos the not knowing will kill me!

Well that's different... you have to work (that sucks, LOL).

I'm talking about guys who aren't going to watch it because it's Floyd.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 14 2010, 04:14 PM) *
Well that's different... you have to work (that sucks, LOL).

I'm talking about guys who aren't going to watch it because it's Floyd.

Yep, sucks harder than Leonard Ellerbe. I wonder if there will be a round by round for this one for me to read, or if Golden Child will be spitting dummies all over the place and generally behaving like complete assholes
Method

D-MARV
hahaha... I'm not sure anything sucks harder than Leonard Ellerbe.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shane brutally KO Floyd just to get a reaction out of Leonard Ellerbe.
Method
You gotta love the Floyd Sr quote about Ellerbe.
neophyte7
In Detroit I remember guys in the streets saying Emmanuel Steward was a fruit cake as well. LOL Homo speculation always seems to interest people LMAO
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 14 2010, 05:27 PM) *
You gotta love the Floyd Sr quote about Ellerbe.

Enlighten me please
RyanTical
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:57 AM) *
In Detroit I remember guys in the streets saying Emmanuel Steward was a fruit cake as well. LOL Homo speculation always seems to interest people LMAO

That's true. I know if I heard something about some famous guy who we all thought was straight turned out to be gay would excite my curiousity to know more. I mean hell, we're calling Le--well, most of you are calling Leonard Ellerbe a homosexual... yet Lil' Wayne kisses Baby... ON CAMERA, one of Wayne's big homies is all suprised in the background.. and we makin' crude remarks without any evidence. Either way, those videos had me LOL'ing hard. I teared up at the bottom vid' with the music.

Homeboy on the right, behind Baby is like: "Is these nga's really kissin'?"
Snoop
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 14 2010, 10:47 PM) *
Enlighten me please

According to the video:

“He thanks everyone but his daddy. He thanks Leonard Ellerbe, a homosexual, I know he’s a homosexual and everyone else knows it. You can print that because I said it, I can tell you nothing else but how gay he is.” - Mayweather Sr.

There are some SERIOUS gayass stares from Ellerbe in that video. He just seems to enjoy rubbing Floyd's muscles a bit too much.

LMFAO @ the second video showing the man-love between Floyd and Ellerbe while having Pacquiao sing in the background. laugh.gif
RyanTical
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 14 2010, 05:25 PM) *
According to the video:

“He thanks everyone but his daddy. He thanks Leonard Ellerbe, a homosexual, I know he’s a homosexual and everyone else knows it. You can print that because I said it, I can tell you nothing else but how gay he is.” - Mayweather Sr.

There are some SERIOUS gayass stares from Ellerbe in that video. He just seems to enjoy rubbing Floyd's muscles a bit too much.

LMFAO @ the second video showing the man-love between Floyd and Ellerbe while having Pacquiao sing in the background. laugh.gif

Everyone can take Mayweather Sr. serious when it comes to dissing Little Floyd, but when it comes to Pacquiao & PED's — it's blasphemy.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 14 2010, 11:10 AM) *

Call in sick. Seriously.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 15 2010, 01:51 AM) *
Call in sick. Seriously.

I'd fuckin love to but theres an unwritten rule that if you take one shift off you have to take the whole block, which would be Fri Sat Sun. Then that would relegate me to the bottom of the sickness rota on my squad. I wish it was that easy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.