Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
RyanTical
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 14 2010, 07:21 PM) *
I have never been this excited and intrigued by a Shane Mosley fight before. Also I know it is one of the biggest fights because it's Mayweather, but that is only part of the reason.
A lot has changed between the Mayorga fight and the Margarito fight. He split up with Jin and got Nazeem in his corner. The night against Margarito, he looked phenomenal and like a new and rejuvenated man. Considering Margarito and Mayorga are not day and night in comparison. I was really surprised in how Mosley looked against Margarito. Because he has only had the one fight since his split and a new trainer. I am still not sure if it was a coincidence or the change and game plan in the corner that changed him. This is why I am so excited to see Mosley. I want to know if a trainer and change in life has changed or it was a one off and a coincidence in the Margarito fight.
He also has a new demeanour about him. From what I have seen, there seems to be a change, but I can't say that for 100% based on the one fight. Which is why I am so excited to see how he looks in this one.
That said, my gut feeling and heart says Mosley will stop him early-mid rounds. But I am using my head officially and picking Mayweather. I know it sounds weak covering my bases, but that is how I honestly feel and I often don't get these gut feelings and just pick with my head.
I'm picking Mayweather by decision as I will just use logic, but man this is a very interesting fight for me.

I'm also intrigued by this new level of enlightenment. Like I said before, if anyone is going to do it, Mosley is the man for the job. However, the chance of an upset in my eyes, in percentage, is anywhere from 30 to 45%. Although I see a Mayweather victory because the man is just too good, too confidence and too disciplined.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 14 2010, 12:11 PM) *

LMAO

You'd have man love for him too if he made you a millionaire by basically doing...........nothing but being his voice to the public. laugh.gif

He's still whipping Shane's flat nosed ass though!
JD
Ellerbe's leming factor exceeds that of Norman Stone and Michael Koncz combined.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 14 2010, 09:51 PM) *
Call in sick. Seriously.

I work too. I asked work for that day off over a month ago and they said no can do. So I said well I will just call off, and thats what I am doing. There is no way I am missing this fight!!!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 14 2010, 10:27 PM) *
I'm also intrigued by this new level of enlightenment. Like I said before, if anyone is going to do it, Mosley is the man for the job. However, the chance of an upset in my eyes, in percentage, is anywhere from 30 to 45%. Although I see a Mayweather victory because the man is just too good, too confidence and too disciplined.

See but that's what makes this fight so interesting. I'm no fan of Floyd but he is that damn good when was the last time you gave a guy close to 30% chance going in? I'll take 30% as money well spent to tune in and see if 'Mose the nose' can pull the upset.
Method
This is classic Ellerbe...

D-MARV
LMFAO.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 15 2010, 10:09 AM) *

No worries, he had his xylocaine shot (to the back of his coconut) before that.
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 15 2010, 10:25 AM) *
No worries, he had his xylocaine shot (to the back of his coconut) before that.

More like his tail bone....like when you got in a real bad sledding accident after catching major air.
Snoop
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 15 2010, 03:09 PM) *

Sound effects, soundtrack, in studio audience laughter...they managed to make a 2 second slip into a hilarious 1 min clip. LOL.
Snoop
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 15 2010, 02:05 AM) *
Everyone can take Mayweather Sr. serious when it comes to dissing Little Floyd, but when it comes to Pacquiao & PED's — it's blasphemy.

Oh I'm right on board with you with the BS pass everyone is giving Pacquiao on the PED testing. Trust me.
JD
Anyone else find it hilarious that Ellerbe is claiming Floyd had no idea about the rematch clause they demanded of Mosley?

I do believe there are fighters who haven't a clue what they sign...Floyd Mayweather is not one of them.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 15 2010, 08:12 PM) *
Anyone else find it hilarious that Ellerbe is claiming Floyd had no idea about the rematch clause they demanded of Mosley?

I do believe there are fighters who haven't a clue what they sign...Floyd Mayweather is not one of them.

Agree JD,

Floyd demands name, rank, record, ability of getting testing, amount of purse, before he steps into the ring to fight anybody. Personality-wise, he may be a conceited prick whom the world wants to see get his clock cleaned. But he's a smart prick. And you better believe that Floyd knows what he's getting, what the risks are, and everything down to an opponent's birth certificate.

No one should underestimate what Floyd knows before going into a fight. He's very streetwise in terms of business negotiations.

Jack

PS. I picked Floyd by close decision in the poll. Unanimous but around 116-112 and 115-113 (twice.)
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 15 2010, 12:13 PM) *
More like his tail bone....like when you got in a real bad sledding accident after catching major air.

You are right. He slipped and fell on his head.
thefloatingmonkey
What do you guys think about the undercard for this fight? Don't think any of the fights look great.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Apr 16 2010, 03:51 PM) *
What do you guys think about the undercard for this fight? Don't think any of the fights look great.

As per usual, it sucks cock. Which is ironic, since we just found out that Floyd also sucks cock
Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 14 2010, 10:15 PM) *
I'd fuckin love to but theres an unwritten rule that if you take one shift off you have to take the whole block, which would be Fri Sat Sun. Then that would relegate me to the bottom of the sickness rota on my squad. I wish it was that easy!

No matter what communist regime you work for, this fight is worth the call off.

And I've suspected Ellerbe's flamboyance for years...
1zz
FMW will easily out fox SSM to a UD.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 15 2010, 08:21 PM) *
Agree JD,

Floyd demands name, rank, record, ability of getting testing, amount of purse, before he steps into the ring to fight anybody. Personality-wise, he may be a conceited prick whom the world wants to see get his clock cleaned. But he's a smart prick. And you better believe that Floyd knows what he's getting, what the risks are, and everything down to an opponent's birth certificate.

No one should underestimate what Floyd knows before going into a fight. He's very streetwise in terms of business negotiations.Jack

PS. I picked Floyd by close decision in the poll. Unanimous but around 116-112 and 115-113 (twice.)

Not if you put any credence in the stories that he gave most of his money to a conman called Big Willie. (Mustva been a referral from Ellerbee) laugh.gif

I think he's actually made some dumb moves carerr wise. Some good moves yes, mainly his desicion to play the part of the villian, but some dumb stuff as well. I'm not sure that Floyd is the brightest bulb in the box.
JD
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 17 2010, 02:25 AM) *
Not if you put any credence in the stories that he gave most of his money to a conman called Big Willie. (Mustva been a referral from Ellerbee) laugh.gif

I think he's actually made some dumb moves carerr wise. Some good moves yes, mainly his desicion to play the part of the villian, but some dumb stuff as well. I'm not sure that Floyd is the brightest bulb in the box.

Oh I don't think Floyd is incredibly smart...but I do believe he is incredibly aware of what is in any contract he signs when he fights someone.

He has done a good job making himself must-see TV, when he has a style that many openly do not find the most entertaining.
ROLL DEEP
I had a weird dream last night about the fight.....

Shane was winning, crowding Floyd against the ropes and going to work on Floyds body, when all of a sudden a Puerto Rican flag was threw into the ring and landed around Floyds neck - when I looked into the crowd (which looked like the style of crowd from the Contender), Trinidad was laughing with his friends (one of which was Hopkins?!).

Anyway, the fight carried on and Shane was again beating Floyd around the ring, when all of a sudden the ref jumped in and stopped the fight for a few minutes because Floyd has his entrance gown on in the middle of the fight, lol.

The fight resumed with Floyd looking really gaunt and weight drained and not doing a lot but covering on the ropes.

The fight ended but Floyd won on points?!

Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2010, 02:58 PM) *
You are being haunted by the nuthugglian ghost of MarzB.

Ahhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 17 2010, 10:23 AM) *
I had a weird dream last night about the fight.....

Shane was winning, crowding Floyd against the ropes and going to work on Floyds body, when all of a sudden a Puerto Rican flag was threw into the ring and landed around Floyds neck - when I looked into the crowd (which looked like the style of crowd from the Contender), Trinidad was laughing with his friends (one of which was Hopkins?!).

Anyway, the fight carried on and Shane was again beating Floyd around the ring, when all of a sudden the ref jumped in and stopped the fight for a few minutes because Floyd has his entrance gown on in the middle of the fight, lol.

The fight resumed with Floyd looking really gaunt and weight drained and not doing a lot but covering on the ropes.

The fight ended but Floyd won on points?!

Hmmmm.....

You think you are right and do a good job most of the time, yet believe others fail to recognize your efforts in predictable ways.

As for the fight itself, you fear it will fail to live up to its lofty expectations.

That's my analysis. You can kindly drop two quarters into the bucket.
Jack 1000
Here's my current assesment of the fight,

Mayweather by close decision is my pick,

In a harder than expected fight. I anticipate scores of 116-112 (twice) and 115-113 all for Floyd. I just think that anything Mosley can do, Floyd can counter just a little bit better. Shane will have success in the early rounds, but I see Floyd getting off about 4:1 on punch ratio as rounds go by. I also believe that Floyd will get the majority of close rounds for political reasons needing to keep the possibility of the Pacquiao fight intact.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2010, 04:17 PM) *

In a harder than expected fight. I anticipate scores of 116-112 (twice) and 115-113 all for Floyd. I just think that anything Mosley can do, Floyd can counter just a little bit better. Shane will have success in the early rounds, but I see Floyd getting off about 4:1 on punch ratio as rounds go by. I also believe that Floyd will get the majority of close rounds for political reasons needing to keep the possibility of the Pacquiao fight intact.

Jack

Excellent point Jack, that's why Mosley must KO him or at least make it a convincing win on points.
RyanTical
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2010, 01:17 PM) *

Jack

I dunno', if Floyd wins by a wide unanimous decision then most will say that it was political if the majority views a closer fight than it was originality scored making a Mosley-Pacquiao fight more of a reality than Mayweather-Pacquiao. Top Rank will do everything in their power to keep away from Floyd and USADA for reasons unknown. This is why Floyd must win convincingly enough for the media masses to pull for a Pacquiao fight — putting even more pressure on Team Pacquiao to undergo what they didn't want.

Hell, in my opinion, away from politics — Top Rank & Team Pacquiao would easily go for random blood testing, but throwing away the hopes of a Pacquiao fight initially would stir up controversy and b/s all over the web thus creating a BIGGER fight and more money at the end of the day. Mosley losing wouldn't matter in his eyes because he's a partner of Golden Boy whom would be promoting Mayweather, the monetary gain he would acquire from his fight with Mayweather and Mayweather-Pacquiao would be copious. Plus, Mosley doesn't seem like he has much interest in fighting anymore. This could very well be his last big fight.

And for those saying Mayweather is scared or intimidated of Mosley... just stop.
Douchebag
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 20 2010, 04:11 AM) *
I dunno', if Floyd wins by a wide unanimous decision then most will say that it was political if the majority views a closer fight than it was originality scored making a Mosley-Pacquiao fight more of a reality than Mayweather-Pacquiao. Top Rank will do everything in their power to keep away from Floyd and USADA for reasons unknown. This is why Floyd must win convincingly enough for the media masses to pull for a Pacquiao fight — putting even more pressure on Team Pacquiao to undergo what they didn't want.

Hell, in my opinion, away from politics — Top Rank & Team Pacquiao would easily go for random blood testing, but throwing away the hopes of a Pacquiao fight initially would stir up controversy and b/s all over the web thus creating a BIGGER fight and more money at the end of the day. Mosley losing wouldn't matter in his eyes because he's a partner of Golden Boy whom would be promoting Mayweather, the monetary gain he would acquire from his fight with Mayweather and Mayweather-Pacquiao would be copious. Plus, Mosley doesn't seem like he has much interest in fighting anymore. This could very well be his last big fight.

And for those saying Mayweather is scared or intimidated of Mosley... just stop.

Not out of the question. Does it mean he will lose? Absolutely not, but I believe he was a little intimidated by Oscar and I think he is little intimidated by Shane. In the end I think Floyd rises above all of that and beats Shane on points. Fear doesn't make man any less of a man, it's what that man does in the face of that fear that determines his worth.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 20 2010, 03:11 AM) *

I agree with Conscience. I think Floyd is intimidated by Shane. That doesn't necessarily mean anything however.
Byrd Man
Whether or not 33-year-old modern day ring legend Floyd Mayweather Junior manages to defeat "Sugar" Shane Mosley in their highly intriguing battle on May 1st, the boxer known as "Money" will not go home with the WBA welterweight title in his possession. In a surprising development, it has been announced how the WBA title that is currently the 38-year-old Mosley's personal property will not be contested by Mayweather - due to how the 40-0 star has refused to pay the WBA's sanctioning fee..

According to Fightnews.com, this means that if Mayweather wins on May 1st, the WBA title will become vacant, but that if Mosley wins he will retain the belt. Okay, though a somewhat surprising development, this news does not alter the significance or the enormity of the fast approaching super-fight one bit. Fans will still look at the winner of May 1st's winner as the best, or at worst, the second-best, 147-pounder on the planet (Manny Pacquiao will inevitably await the winner!) Fans have long since grown weary of the various alphabelt organisations and their frequent crazy rules and decisions. It seems Mayweather also has had enough with at least the sanctioning fees side of the governing bodies.

As has been the case with other top-name fighters in the past - such as Marco Antonio Barrera for a famous example - boxers have said no to paying sanctioning fees before. Floyd Jr, a good business man, knows the May 1st fight will still be a massive affair, and that the rewards for winning it will be great; WBA belt on the line for him or not.

As fans know, beating other great fighters is how a fighter builds his legacy; not by winning a plethora of alphabelts. In any case, Mayweather (and Mosley too come to it) has already won enough hard wear to fill at least two trophy cabinets. What will it matter if he leaves the MGM in Las Vegas without one more belt to add to his collection?

What will be interesting (or utterly confusing to the casual boxing fan) will be what happens to the WBA strap if Mayweather does indeed win next month. Which two fighters will fight for it? Could Mosley even benefit from his very next fight off a loss being one that contests a "world" title?

If this were the case, and if "Sugar" won the WBA belt for a second time, who could truly look at Shane as a "world" ruler; especially if his loss to Mayweather (if he does lose, which is by no means a definite) is a comprehensive, maybe even stoppage loss?
Fitz
So it means if Mosley loses we are going to have a WBA paper champion, much like Judah was when Baldomir couldn't afford the sanctioning fees for one of his titles.
With all the money Mayweather has, he is being a tightass.
D-MARV
I like what Floyd is doing. He'll just end up vacating the belt soon anyways.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 20 2010, 04:52 PM) *
So it means if Mosley loses we are going to have a WBA paper champion, much like Judah was when Baldomir couldn't afford the sanctioning fees for one of his titles.
With all the money Mayweather has, he is being a tightass.

Well, as the article pointed out, Shane could theoretically challenge the next guy in line for the title and get it back. Even if he loses it, if he fights for it, no paper champ.
Fitz
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 21 2010, 10:07 AM) *
Well, as the article pointed out, Shane could theoretically challenge the next guy in line for the title and get it back. Even if he loses it, if he fights for it, no paper champ.

If Mosley fought for the vacant title, to an extent he would still be a paper champion. Because Mayweather beat him, he just didn't pay the sanctioning fees. Kind of like when Pacquiao fought Hatton for the IBO title. Despite Hatton not holding the titles at the time because they were stripped, he was still considered the undisputed king at 140.
So that's the problem, at the moment we have no undisputed king at 147. So if Mosley was to lose, and win it again in a vacant title fight. He would become champion again, but he would be no stronger than Berto and Pacquiao. He wouldn't be a clear top guy like he is now, because he lost the title and would basically be picking it out of the bin.
Much like Cotto fought Jennings for the vacant WBO title, it wasn't really a title that came from a good place. Until some of the title holders unify some belts, nobody is going to be head and shoulders above each other. All title holders and nobody really stronger than the other.
RyanTical
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 20 2010, 05:42 AM) *
Not out of the question. Does it mean he will lose? Absolutely not, but I believe he was a little intimidated by Oscar and I think he is little intimidated by Shane. In the end I think Floyd rises above all of that and beats Shane on points. Fear doesn't make man any less of a man, it's what that man does in the face of that fear that determines his worth.

I'm sure at every point in a Boxers career he is intimidated to some extent. I think that's what makes Mayweather so dangerous. He knows that Mosley is a legitimate opponent and could very well put a blemish on his record, however, that will only make Mayweather train that much harder to get the job done.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 20 2010, 05:25 PM) *
If Mosley fought for the vacant title, to an extent he would still be a paper champion. Because Mayweather beat him, he just didn't pay the sanctioning fees. Kind of like when Pacquiao fought Hatton for the IBO title. Despite Hatton not holding the titles at the time because they were stripped, he was still considered the undisputed king at 140.
So that's the problem, at the moment we have no undisputed king at 147. So if Mosley was to lose, and win it again in a vacant title fight. He would become champion again, but he would be no stronger than Berto and Pacquiao. He wouldn't be a clear top guy like he is now, because he lost the title and would basically be picking it out of the bin.
Much like Cotto fought Jennings for the vacant WBO title, it wasn't really a title that came from a good place. Until some of the title holders unify some belts, nobody is going to be head and shoulders above each other. All title holders and nobody really stronger than the other.

This is why I don't care for any of those useless trinkets we all come to know as belts or straps. The ring belt is just as useless due to the manipulation of the rankings to make better fights happen. It's all bullshit.
Keith
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 20 2010, 08:34 PM) *
I'm sure at every point in a Boxers career he is intimidated to some extent. I think that's what makes Mayweather so dangerous. He knows that Mosley is a legitimate opponent and could very well put a blemish on his record, however, that will only make Mayweather train that much harder to get the job done.

I dont think Floyd has trained any harder for this fight.

He's 40-0 and doesnt need extra motivation.

It would be a dumb move to do anything different and risk over training for this fight.
RyanTical
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 20 2010, 05:42 PM) *
I dont think Floyd has trained any harder for this fight.

He's 40-0 and doesnt need extra motivation.

It would be a dumb move to do anything different and risk over training for this fight.

Those 40 opponents weren't Shane Mosley. I doubt Floyd changed anything, but he is definitely more focused for this fight.
StocktonsFinest
Man I can't wait for May 1st...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 20 2010, 09:04 PM) *
Those 40 opponents weren't Shane Mosley. I doubt Floyd changed anything, but he is definitely more focused for this fight.

I definitely can agree with that. He realizes this is a big challenge regardless of all his trash talk.
King Eugene
May 1....41-0

Another one bites the dust...
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 21 2010, 05:38 AM) *
I swear you better hope Mayweather wins, because if he doesn't. You will officially become the BIGGEST JINXER OF ALL TIME.

LMAO...I picked Mosley to beat Margarito, picked Manny to beat Clottey, and I AM NOT in last place this month..........so far.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 21 2010, 05:52 AM) *
Who cares, it's the big ones that people remember and we remember the ones we like to remember. You are stuck with that reputation, lol.

If I were to ever meet you, would you let me give you a slap across the face for picking Jones over Calzaghe? That's the least you could do man. If not, I could still slap you, but you look pretty big and athletic so I probably wouldn't, but come on, you know you deserve that.
laugh.gif

LMAO...man I dont even know how you took me serious. It was clear I was snake squeezing with race horse vision. I knew deep down he was going to take an ass whippin but damn I didn't expect it to be that bad. But for the sake of one last hoorah I went all out. Hell I couldn't even give you a break down of how he was going to win remember. I remember during the first round of I was saying to myself "ooooooooh I'm about to go ape shit on the boards come Monday" by the 12th I was debating on whether or not to cancel my membership. laugh.gif

...oh and HELL NO you cant slap me. laugh.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 21 2010, 05:48 AM) *
LMAO...I picked Mosley to beat Margarito, picked Manny to beat Clottey, and I AM NOT in last place this month..........so far.

Look at Eugene tempting fate while jinxing himself.

laugh.gif
Method
Byrd Man
Anyone ever read anything by this Rick Rockwell dude at the Examiner? I swear, this sumbitch got a hardon for Floyd like I've never seen. I mean he doesn't get as ignorant as Stevenski with his hatred, but just about any post he does about Floyd is just stupid beyond belief. I mean I don't like Floyd at all, and even I'm rolling my eyes at some of the comments he's made.

http://www.examiner.com/x-21442-Sacramento...taking-steroids

This could possibly be the greatest thing any fighter has ever said toward Mayweather Jr. Mosley has fired a shot that, in my opinion, has TKO’d “Pretty Boy” in the pre-fight verbal battle.

looooooool
jlupi
Rick Rockwell >>>>

unsure why that article is stupid? he was just quoting shane.

If you question floyd your stupid?

dont know if i ever read his other stuff though
Byrd Man
QUOTE (jlupi @ Apr 23 2010, 06:46 AM) *
Rick Rockwell >>>>

unsure why that article is stupid? he was just quoting shane.

If you question floyd your stupid?

dont know if i ever read his other stuff though

lol....I guess you have to have read some of his other stuff. And asking me if "questioning Floyd" means you're stupid, makes you see kinda dense, considering I'm accused of being a "floyd hater". ha ha.

Nah, I just love the fact that he wrote that since Shane kinda sorta insinuated that maybe floyd was on steroids, that that's some huge TKO blow that gave him the mental edge over Floyd. lol.
jlupi
And asking me if "questioning Floyd" means you're stupid, makes you see kinda dense, >>>

just replying to that post, really was not paying attention to who wrote it. LOL
I thought that was about as best a comeback mosley will ever have in words agains MW. "mental edge" I doubt it.
JLUVBABY
Video just posted on youtube... very interesting point on the fighters and what could possibly happen.

King Eugene
Thats exactly how I was explaining it to a friend just yesterday.
Byrd Man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.