Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
JLUVBABY
Lawd have mercy i had to share this video with you guys... mayweather brings his own flatware to eat out... lol.....

RyanTical
I think I'm going to take back what I said about a UD Mayweather victory and instead go with Mayweather by TKO round 8. Laugh if you want, whatever, but I'm sticking by my new prediction.
Douchebag
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 27 2010, 03:18 AM) *
I think I'm going to take back what I said about a UD Mayweather victory and instead go with Mayweather by TKO round 8. Laugh if you want, whatever, but I'm sticking by my new prediction.

I wouldn't put money on that prediction.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 27 2010, 02:18 AM) *

watch it by saying floyd by tko or ko in this fight... last time i said that bout a month or so ago i got blasted by half the board... lol... but perhaps we see the same thing... we'll find out after the fight but i wouldnt rule out a mayweather ko or tko... there ill say it again... attack if you guys wish... lol...

to conscience i agree with you i wouldnt bet money on it but this is a fight it can happen... imma tell you why... the way shane fights, the power boxing, he will def be tough early same as judah (that will be his only shot by the way, doing serious damage early)... but like judah he will be figured out and by the later rounds i expect lil floyd to be dominating him... the way shane rushes in eyes closed half the time winging it i can see him running into a perfectly timed punch ala hatton... if my prediction on the way the fight unfolds is correct i can see shane getting desperate and leaving himself open for some major shots... thats scenario 1... scenario 2 that i can see other than shane like i aid hurting mayweather badly early and keeping him hurt is that shane starts to taking punishment (possibly a little later in the fight) to where shane is rendered defenseless or succumbs to punches... again i wouldnt bet my money on this out come but very possible also... call me crazy again... lol...
Byrd Man
D-MARV
Did Steve Kim write that up?
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 28 2010, 09:30 AM) *
The countdown has begun.

I am dropping into the war zone in little more than 24 hours.

I am just one nasty old hobo, but I will do what I can to prepare for the arrival of The SHANE WAR TRAIN.

War SSM. Bring hell May 1.

We are due to arrive on Friday night.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 28 2010, 03:21 AM) *
Did Steve Kim write that up?

I believe so.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 28 2010, 08:45 AM) *
We are due to arrive on Friday night.

Rolling into Vegas the Friday night before a big fight.

Nothing better than that.

WAR MOSLEY
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 27 2010, 08:58 PM) *
I wouldn't call you crazy, I just think you will be proven wrong.

His Prettiness failed to put away JMM. Don't get me wrong, JMM is one tough (piss guzzling) hombre. But, he is not as big, strong, fast, and hard punching as SSM. JMM may have as good a chin as SSM, but I seriously doubt that it is better.

His Prettiness failed to put away ODLH, who at that time was not as fast, strong or hardhitting as SSM is today.

SSM is stronger, faster, harder hitting and harder to punch than Castillo was in the first fight. He is stronger, a harder puncher and tougher than Judah.

Not only will SSM not be stopped, His Prettiness will be visiting the Land of Twitch.

War SSM. Bring hell May 1.

i may be proven wrong but its def a fight floyd CAN win by knockout... if this fight was 10 years ago i couldnt say this... in my opinion 10 years ago id probably have to go with shane... when shane was light weight champ and floyd was r lightweight champ... shane was the king... i think the fight would have been better but i wold have picked shane then... now 10 years later shane is not the killer he was while floyd has gotten better even if you can argue his style is not as fun to watch... as defensive as he is, floyd will open up at the appropriate times for his style in this match up... if its late in the fight and shane is in the condition i expect shane very well will find himself in trouble...
JD
Floyd does not stop people at welter and above - he has stopped 2 junior welters in the 6 fights.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 28 2010, 09:32 PM) *
Floyd does not stop people at welter and above - he has stopped 2 junior welters in the 6 fights.

Don't come in here with your logic JD

If there is a knockout in this fight it will most definitely be Mosley doing the ko'ing
lloyd mayflower
Smarty, I have written to The Zohan, and he has agreed to take a break from Paul Mitchells salon and watch over the railway to make sure Marz hasnt put bricks on it. We will be there soon!
JD
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Apr 28 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Don't come in here with your logic JD

If there is a knockout in this fight it will most definitely be Mosley doing the ko'ing

My bad.

Mayweather by KO...regardless how many people he no longer stops.
jlupi
Im w smarty here. I think people are discounting shane too much. even at 38 he is the consensus #3 p4p. I truly believe that shane is going to outwork a tentative MW.
PR316
Its hard to outwork a moving target.

Mayweather's superior footwork is the big difference here along with his reflexes. He'll counter and move his way to a boring UD.
JLUVBABY
wheres lil lightsout?... we have a sig bet and i havent seen him on in a minute... lol...
jlupi
floyd is 33. I think most guys that rely on reflexes drop off sometime betw 33-35. Im hoping its 33 biggrin.gif like another defensive wiz sweet pea.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (jlupi @ Apr 29 2010, 09:57 AM) *
floyd is 33. I think most guys that rely on reflexes drop off sometime betw 33-35. Im hoping its 33 biggrin.gif like another defensive wiz sweet pea.
Floyd Mayweather is a different fighter than Sweet Pea was. Mayweather also doesn't abuse his body the way Sweet Pea was known to do. Mayweather has a James Toney like style which could help him be competitive until he's 40 IMO. I doubt Mayweather fights that long, but he could if he wanted to and be effective.
jlupi
Mayweather has a James Toney like style which could help him be competitive until he's 40 IMO. I doubt Mayweather fights that long, but he could if he wanted to and be effective. >>>>>

true and that will help him. However lots of fighters - prob the majority are on there way downhill at this age. some of it is genetic. typically its not really noticed until after the decline is well underway.

Im picking mosley regardless, but the 33 yr old starting to show his age before the 38 yr old would not hurt.
Method
I got Sugar Sham. Possibly by late stoppage. Look for Floyd to get his bell rung at least once.
jlupi
"who says you have to chase FMW, is there some kind of rule that says you need to chase FMW"
"i never saw Ali cut off the ring so who says shane has to"

nazeem
streetlion1
Mosley will win by late stoppage or unanimous decision...Floyd will be in trouble a couple times. Shane doesnt have to respect his power much....I think he will be all over Floyd....it could look like Mayweather-Castillo 1....except Mosley is a whole different animal than Castillo....once he has Floyd hurt he'll finish him off.
streetlion1
Anyone know who the referee is for the fight?
neophyte7
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Apr 29 2010, 01:25 PM) *
Mosley will win by late stoppage or unanimous decision...Floyd will be in trouble a couple times. Shane doesnt have to respect his power much....I think he will be all over Floyd....it could look like Mayweather-Castillo 1....except Mosley is a whole different animal than Castillo....once he has Floyd hurt he'll finish him off.

I guarantee you Mosely respects Mayweather when he gets buzzed from the shots his ass won't see. Shane has a good beard but he aint bull rushing mayweather... if he does he will be cut to shreds and if he gets wide and careless like he is prone to do he could get surprised. Mayweather will light that ass up Saturday. Shane is not as good and he has laid off too long. LMAO Shane will land an occasional shot to mayweathers head and face but Floyd aint going to crumble and rest assured Shane will not land that many...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Apr 29 2010, 11:32 AM) *
Anyone know who the referee is for the fight?

Kenny Bayless
D-MARV
I have read from numerous sources that Floyd has the flu!

I wonder how this would impact the fight?

Keith
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 29 2010, 07:31 PM) *

Are you friggin serious?
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 29 2010, 07:31 PM) *

Don't buy it. If he did, he would be locked away right now - instead, he sat down with Brian Kenny earlier this evening and looked (and sounded) fully healthy.

Someone really smart leaked some info in hopes of sparking some serious action on Shane so they could get Floyd at a bargain, or it came from Floyd's camp in hopes of throwing Mosley off a little. Floyd is healthy.
rusty_trombone
I know I have not posted in a while, been busy opening a business. But just sio you know, thjis will be eaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy work for Floyd, he's gonna put shane in the assisted living facility. you heard it bitches, easy work.
jlupi
Method
Snoop
QUOTE (jlupi @ Apr 30 2010, 05:47 PM) *

Watching Floyd trying to debate is frustrating.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 30 2010, 02:00 PM) *

Wow. I forgot Corley had him THAT shook for a second.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 30 2010, 02:00 PM) *

this is what came later in the fight tho...

King Eugene
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 30 2010, 03:00 PM) *

Yep he was hurt for a split second to only later drop(took a knee to stop the punishment) Corley in that same round.
D-MARV
This fight is so painfully obvious to pick. Floyd will win and he will win pretty DAMN easily.

This fight will be easier than the Hatton fight

Say what you want about my pick, I don't give two fucks.

Mayweather by 11th round stoppage in a fight that Mosley will win 1 round at best. He may tap Mayweather a couple of times but Floyd's chin and toughness has recently become underrated. Floyd will dominate!

P.S

It will not hurt my feelings to see Shane get lucky and land the perfect KO shot... It's just NOT gonna happen.
JLUVBABY
you guys got on me big time when i first hinted at a mayweather stoppage in this fight... lol... but as i read the fighthype staff picks i was surprised how many mayweather late round stoppages i saw... this is a fight he can win by k.o cuzz shane will be pressing leaving himself open for some nice counters...
Spyder
King and DMARV are trying SOOO hard not to be Floyd huggers...lol...you guys don't need to front. If you like him, you like him.

laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 30 2010, 04:58 PM) *
King and DMARV are trying SOOO hard not to be Floyd huggers...lol...you guys don't need to front. If you like him, you like him.

laugh.gif

rofl!!!!!
Method
Shane aint getting stopped by Feather Fisted Floyd.

D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 30 2010, 05:58 PM) *

laugh.gif

LOL...

I have always liked Floyd, that's no secret... I'm no hugger though.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 30 2010, 05:58 PM) *

laugh.gif

Never said I didn't like the cat. I'm definitely a fan...just not a hugger.
D-MARV
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 30 2010, 07:08 PM) *

You can't be a fan of Mayweather without being a hugger.
Method
Chop Chop coulda finished Floyd if it weren't for the fact that Chop Chop is among the worst finishers in the sport, behind Wilfredo Rivera (vs. Vargas)
PR316
^^^Its been a long time since I saw that fight but I don't recall Floyd being that badly hurt.

He was a little stunned but appeared in control of the situation the whole time and came back in that very round to beat the hell outta Corley.

Cotto now was definitely in big trouble against Corley.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 30 2010, 08:00 PM) *

I hope he gets hurt like that because if he goes to the ropes like that there is no way Mosley will ignore that OPEN body.

Marv & King are like two pron bitchez fighting over whose face Floyd pops on. Don't worry guys you can snowball each other so you both get your fair share.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 30 2010, 09:42 PM) *
I hope he gets hurt like that because if he goes to the ropes like that there is no way Mosley will ignore that OPEN body.

Marv & King are like two pron bitchez fighting over whose face Floyd pops on. Don't worry guys you can snowball each other so you both get your fair share.

LOL...

fuck.gif
AussieLad
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 30 2010, 11:08 PM) *

Eugene, your not a long term hugger. But until the final bell sounds, and the results of our sig bet are known, you will be a deep throating, jizz gulping, floyd fondler for trash talk purposes. After floyd loses, you can go back to being an ordinary fan. Think of it as a temporary infection, like the clap, and my shit talk is like a verbal antibiotic

I on the other hand will always be a floyd hater. If floyd wins, he will get my respect for fighting mosely. But it wont make up for years of poor competition and douche-baggery.
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 30 2010, 06:38 PM) *
LOL...

I have always liked Floyd, that's no secret... I'm no hugger though.

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 30 2010, 07:08 PM) *

Like I said, you two are trying REAL hard not to be huggers...lol...I can tell that you want to be, but you both know the price of walking around the neighborhood with that tag.

Being a Floyd Hugger is the equivlent of banging a fat chick...it's a fun ride, but you don't want your friends to know.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.