Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 30 2010, 10:48 PM) *
Like I said, you two are trying REAL hard not to be huggers...lol...I can tell that you want to be, but you both know the price of walking around the neighborhood with that tag.

Being a Floyd Hugger is the equivlent of banging a fat chick...it's a fun ride, but you don't want your friends to know.

laugh.gif

Dude... I've banged a fat chick before AND she gave me the best head I have had to date. Granted... I was drunk off my ass and this was
"Howard Homecoming"... I'm not afraid to take risks.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 30 2010, 08:28 PM) *
Dude... I've banged a fat chick before AND she gave me the best head I have had to date. Granted... I was drunk off my ass and this was

Did you go over to her house and watch her appearance on SNL afterwards?
King Eugene
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 30 2010, 11:28 PM) *

Out of all the times to bang a big chick you banged one at HOWARD's HOMECOMING? Thats equivalent to banging a big chic in Miami Memorial Day weekend laugh.gif ...which I'll be at this year.

...oh and Shane will be taught a pretty damn good boxing lesson tomorrow night. This time tomorrow I'll be expecting to read every excuse in the book as to why Shane lost except for the real reason, HE ISN'T BETTER THAN MAYWEATHER!!! Wide UD!!!
D-MARV
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 1 2010, 12:04 AM) *
Out of all the times to bang a big chick you banged one at HOWARD's HOMECOMING? Thats equivalent to banging a big chic in Miami Memorial Day weekend laugh.gif ...which I'll be at this year.

...oh and Shane will be taught a pretty damn good boxing lesson tomorrow night. This time tomorrow I'll be expecting to read every excuse in the book as to why Shane lost except for the real reason, HE ISN'T BETTER THAN MAYWEATHER!!! Wide UD!!!

She wasn't you're ordinary fat chick.

And Yes... Shane has a snowball's chance in hell.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 30 2010, 08:28 PM) *

fat chicks always know how to suck a goood dick which is why me and my pleasantly plump ex-gf dated for nearly 2 and a half years laugh.gif
Imperius3
I'm HYPED for this fight. I've been waiting for this match for years. I wish it could've happened sooner, but I'll take it. Of course...one reason why I wish it happened sooner is because I think Mosley had a better chance a few years ago than he does now at 38. Mayweather is going to have a huge advantage with his speed and reflexes. Mosley's heart and determination will make this exciting, but I don't think it will be enough. I'll be rooting hard for Sugar Shane though.

Mayweather by decision, 8-4.
Lil-lightsout
I find it pretty comical of some of these cats saying how EASY this fight is going to be for Floyd. I just amazes me. We will find out soon enough.
The Original MrFactor
I rewatched Mayweather/Marquez and Mosley/Margarito. What I took from them was that Brother Nazim, had Mosley throwing unpredictable body shots. Margarito was really bothered by the body shots. I see Shane throwing lots to Money's body. Shane also throws much more disciplined authoritative straight combo's than he did in previous fights. Mayweather was overly defensive against Marquez. I'm sure he will be very defensive against Mosley. He will leap in with the double hooks, which are lightning fast. If he catches Mosley with those leaping hooks, its gonna really snap Shane's head back. However, I think Shane will anticipate those lightning fast hooks. I think Shane will break Mayweathers body down and eventually start to catch him with those straight combos later in the fight. I think Shane can stop Mayweather, but Mayweather is sooo defensive, that its gonna be hard to KO him. He will eventually start to run and not throw enough punches to keep up with Old Mosley. At some point Mayweather will realize that he's in with a legit WW. I think Shane beats him up and makes this look like the big brother whooping on his little brother. Mosley by UD...

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 1 2010, 03:15 AM) *
I on the other hand will always be a floyd hater. If floyd wins, he will get my respect for fighting mosely. But it wont make up for years of poor competition and douche-baggery.

I agree except that I feel Mosley is over the hill & washed up so if/when Floyd beats him it will be another one I won't give him much credit for. Floyd reminds me of Calzaghe getting credit for beating Hopkins but Hopkins had a better recent track record of beating Wright & Tarver so that win meant a fraction more than Floyds win will mean over Shane as Shaneo beat Margachheato & Mayorga.

The credit will only go one way in this fight & that is if Shane pulls the rabbit out o fthe hat & beats Floyd. Floyd gets NO credit for beating old man Mosley in my eyes.
Imperius3
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 1 2010, 03:50 AM) *
I rewatched Mayweather/Marquez and Mosley/Margarito. What I took from them was that Brother Nazim, had Mosley throwing unpredictable body shots. Margarito was really bothered by the body shots. I see Shane throwing lots to Money's body. Shane also throws much more disciplined authoritative straight combo's than he did in previous fights. Mayweather was overly defensive against Marquez. I'm sure he will be very defensive against Mosley. He will leap in with the double hooks, which are lightning fast. If he catches Mosley with those leaping hooks, its gonna really snap Shane's head back. However, I think Shane will anticipate those lightning fast hooks. I think Shane will break Mayweathers body down and eventually start to catch him with those straight combos later in the fight. I think Shane can stop Mayweather, but Mayweather is sooo defensive, that its gonna be hard to KO him. He will eventually start to run and not throw enough punches to keep up with Old Mosley. At some point Mayweather will realize that he's in with a legit WW. I think Shane beats him up and makes this look like the big brother whooping on his little brother. Mosley by UD...

Shane could outspeed Margarito, but he won't be able to touch Mayweather like that. Shane is a strong finisher though, and I'm interested to see how the last 4 rounds play out. The last 4 rounds will determine who wins this fight, IMO.

Method
Out of all the times to bang a big chick you banged one at HOWARD's HOMECOMING? Thats equivalent to banging a big chic in Miami Memorial Day weekend ...which I'll be at this year.

Yup, all the bridge & tunnel rookie scum come through Memorial Day Weekend.

That's when us locals leave.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 1 2010, 04:51 AM) *
I agree except that I feel Mosley is over the hill & washed up so if/when Floyd beats him it will be another one I won't give him much credit for. Floyd reminds me of Calzaghe getting credit for beating Hopkins but Hopkins had a better recent track record of beating Wright & Tarver so that win meant a fraction more than Floyds win will mean over Shane as Shaneo beat Margachheato & Mayorga.

The credit will only go one way in this fight & that is if Shane pulls the rabbit out o fthe hat & beats Floyd. Floyd gets NO credit for beating old man Mosley in my eyes.

LOL.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 1 2010, 03:48 AM) *
I find it pretty comical of some of these cats saying how EASY this fight is going to be for Floyd. I just amazes me. We will find out soon enough.

Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy Work Son
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'm hyped for this fight....8 hours to go til HBOPPV comes on the air. I think this will be a good fight, but Mayweather's jab will carry the day. That long layoff is going to affect Mosley, and this isn't Margarito in there. Margarito was slower, and Mosley was able to have his way. I don't think Mayweather stops him, but he'll land a lot of hard shots on the pressing Mosley.
Nay_Sayer
I think the fact that a hurt Miguel Cotto was able to outbox Shane over the last 3-4 rounds of their fight tells us everything we need to know...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 1 2010, 02:56 PM) *
I think the fact that a hurt Miguel Cotto was able to outbox Shane over the last 3-4 rounds of their fight tells us everything we need to know...

Great point... because all fighters stay the same and look the same each fight. rolleyes_anim.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 1 2010, 12:53 PM) *
I'm hyped for this fight....8 hours to go til HBOPPV comes on the air. I think this will be a good fight, but Mayweather's jab will carry the day. That long layoff is going to affect Mosley, and this isn't Margarito in there. Margarito was slower, and Mosley was able to have his way. I don't think Mayweather stops him, but he'll land a lot of hard shots on the pressing Mosley.

Nor is it JMM, Mitchell, Judah, Hatton, etc. in there with Floyd either. Just saying, it goes both ways.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 30 2010, 11:28 PM) *

Howard Homecoming is a vaginal Mecca. If you banged a fat chick, you took the lazy way out. Especially if you are FROM DC. Your game is automatically elevated, just by growing up in that environment. I love being a Native Washingtonian.
Byrd Man
I hope Shane puts a beatdown from the Heavens above on Floyd. lol. I want Floyd doing the Zab Judah chicken dance in the ring. The type of dancing that ol' boy Damien Black did in the Ready 2 Rumble game, when he got knocked down...then staggered to his feet, and then fell down again, then got up and staggered backwards to go down for the final time.

I wanna see some stars and birds and shit floating around his head like in Roger Rabbit.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Zab Judah arguably has better hand speed than Shane Mosley. Mosley fights nothing like Judah, and will press the fight more than him. Floyd won't have to break Mosley down like he did with Judah. Mosley will come right to him, and he'll be picked off by the jab all night. Shane isn't a slick boxer, he's a boxer-puncher who will bring the fight to his opponent. This is why Mayorga was able to give him problems.

I'll give you the point about Marquez and Hatton. However, those fighters are way above the level of Mayorga, who gave Mosley problems. You already said basically the fighters don't look the same each fight. You're right, this isn't about who fought who. Styles make fights, and Floyd's style will give Shane fits. He's going to try and bring the fight to Floyd, and will play right into Floyd's hands. I don't see anyway that Mosley wins this fight tonight. He won't be able to outbox Floyd, and if he pressures him he'll be picked off round by round. Mosley is going to look old and rusty tonight. People will make excuses that he's been off for 16 months, that Margarito wasn't in the right mental condition to fight, and that he's 38 years old. Those will be the excuses after Mosley is dominated tonight.
Method
Dude, Mayorga woulda fucked Hatton up too...likely Marquez as well. Shane fought Mayorga at 154? Come on. Put Fatton and Marquez up against a wild, unorthodox Mayorga at 154.
JD
Mayorga at 154, especially one that trained like the version that Mosley fought, is a MUCH tougher fight than Hatton or Marquez at welter...especially since neither of them are welters.
KookedKrack
shok.gif 100 pages? Longest Thread in FH history?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
The Mayorga that was dominated by De La Hoya and barley got by a 168 pound Fernando Vargas...to me not more impressive, but that's all a matter of opinion. Most though Mosley would dominate Mayorga, and that it wouldn't even be competitive. One may also argue that 154 is one division above Mayorga's best weight class. That's neither here nor there.

Mosley's style is made for Mayweather. He's going to walk into shots all night, and that jab is going to mess Shane's nose up even more. I'm super hyped for the event though, and look forward to the main event.
JD
I didn't think Mosley would dominate Mayorga...styles make fights.

Being that the Mayorga Mosley fought would have raped the Hatton that fought at 147, or a welterweight Marquez, I think he is a tougher fight.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Method @ May 1 2010, 07:47 AM) *
Yup, all the bridge & tunnel rookie scum come through Memorial Day Weekend.

That's when us locals leave.

Call me what you want but damnit I will be there and having a damn good time while I'm at it. I hit Miami up atleast 4 times a year.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 1 2010, 03:04 PM) *
Great point... because all fighters stay the same and look the same each fight. rolleyes_anim.gif

I'm glad you said that. Hopefully you'll quit going back to the Castillo I fight saying thats how you beat Mayweather because you act as if he hasn't made adjustments since that fight.
Fitz
It's true about the fatties. They are always hungry and eating, so they are are used to gulping and not chewing. Fat/uglies also don't have their looks to fall back on, so they need to make up for it and put in a much greater effort than the ones that get by on looks alone.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 1 2010, 06:32 PM) *
I'm glad you said that. Hopefully you'll quit going back to the Castillo I fight saying thats how you beat Mayweather because you act as if he hasn't made adjustments since that fight.

Absolutely, i saw his adjustments against Baldomir. Fucking track meet with his running shoes.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 1 2010, 06:45 PM) *
Absolutely, i saw his adjustments against Baldomir. Fucking track meet with his running shoes.

Ran all the way to a lineal championship.

Theres nothing cool about getting hit in the face or taking one to land one.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Method @ May 1 2010, 05:47 PM) *
Dude, Mayorga woulda fucked Hatton up too...likely Marquez as well. Shane fought Mayorga at 154? Come on. Put Fatton and Marquez up against a wild, unorthodox Mayorga at 154.

I agree.

Who hits like a ton of bricks, which I noticed Shane was a little weary of Mayorga's power early on. No doubt a very sharp Oscar fucked up Mayorga, but who else did that to him? Don't even say Tito either.

I just do not see Mosley respecting Floyd's power enough to let PBF pot shot him all night. I look forward to seeing Mayweather opening up more and getting clipped. Let's see how he reacts. Forrest had some serious crack in his punches which Mosley definitely respected for obvious reasons, where I just do not see Mayweather being able to duplicate what Vernon did.
Keith
My official prediction....

Mosely by wide UD.

I believe Floyd's hope of winning this fight rest soley on his jab. Shane neutralizes his jab by commiting to his own jab and staying on top of Floyd. Shane bangs Floyds body at every opportunity and wears him down. Floyd winds up in exchanges he cant win down the stretch gives away rounds he needs to win.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Keith @ May 2 2010, 12:29 AM) *

Mosely by wide UD.

I believe Floyd's hope of winning this fight rest soley on his jab. Shane neutralizes his jab by commiting to his own jab and staying on top of Floyd. Shane bangs Floyds body at every opportunity and wears him down. Floyd winds up in exchanges he cant win down the stretch gives away rounds he needs to win.

Hops
QUOTE (Keith @ May 1 2010, 11:29 PM) *

Mosely by wide UD.

There's the reason why Floyd only fought Mosley now. And he was even tentative signing the fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 30 2010, 05:24 PM) *
This fight is so painfully obvious to pick. Floyd will win and he will win pretty DAMN easily.

This fight will be easier than the Hatton fight

Say what you want about my pick, I don't give two fucks.

Mayweather by 11th round stoppage in a fight that Mosley will win 1 round at best. He may tap Mayweather a couple of times but Floyd's chin and toughness has recently become underrated. Floyd will dominate! P.S

It will not hurt my feelings to see Shane get lucky and land the perfect KO shot... It's just NOT gonna happen.

Clears throat...

So was it "easier" than the Hatton fight?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 1 2010, 03:48 AM) *

That was comical, wasn't it?
neophyte7
QUOTE (Keith @ May 1 2010, 07:29 PM) *

Mosely by wide UD.

Alot of mofos think they are the bible of boxing on this site... but they don't know shit... Mosely wide UD? LMAO. I would expect more from someone designated as "team fighthype" LMAO..
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 1 2010, 06:54 PM) *
I agree.

Who hits like a ton of bricks, which I noticed Shane was a little weary of Mayorga's power early on. No doubt a very sharp Oscar fucked up Mayorga, but who else did that to him? Don't even say Tito either.

I just do not see Mosley respecting Floyd's power enough to let PBF pot shot him all night. I look forward to seeing Mayweather opening up more and getting clipped. Let's see how he reacts. Forrest had some serious crack in his punches which Mosley definitely respected for obvious reasons, where I just do not see Mayweather being able to duplicate what Vernon did.

Damn how wrong where you!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I guess fighting like Castillo didn't work huh?
Big Slim Sweet
Alright Spyder, this one's for you. Marz's meltdown begins on page 72...

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Hops
You guys really are funny. Including that Marz of yours. I guess you'll never be able to duplicate that era. Haters were really haters. Nuthuggers were really nuthuggers. Genuine in every sense.
Spyder
laugh.gif

Awesome Bump.

Marz was one of a kind. You can call Shane a female lion, but don't you DARE mention Floyd in the same breath as Serena. lol
Hops
laugh.gif

I'm actually sorry for the guy. He should still be here sticking the result of every Floyd's fight to your faces.
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 9 2011, 05:46 PM) *
From post #716

(sorry Slim), my pages is set to 25 posts a page, so that page doesn't add up for me, haha.

Nerd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.